Sign in to follow this  
Princekongor

The Reasoning Behind My Conversion To Shia Islam

Rate this topic

السلام عليكم

I would like to write to you what went on in my mind as I was investigating Islam and what led me to the Shia path. Im not sure if anyone is interested, but I like to write this down for me as well :)

So: I was born to a fundamental christian family, and because of all the stories I heard about Islam, like Allah(swt) being a moongod and other things such as that, I decided to have an open mind and investigate it.

I started reading the Quran and I was quickly convinced of its message, no problems so far, I didnt know Islam had sects as this point. My mind set was: Quran is true in what it says, I want to be a muslim.

Then I kept on researching more, the Sunnah so to speak, the Hadeeths, and what i found was shocking.

I found narrations for example that claim the Prophet(saw) was bewitched.   Coming from a fundamentalist christian background, this was an instant turn off for me, how can the prophet of God be cursed by some mystic???

So, disappointed of this,  I kind of stopped researching for a few months, then my interest re-ignited as I heard a salafi preacher i wont name for political reasons lol(dont wanna get banned) preach about the authentic teachings of Islam, and following the Salaf, well again I did my research and I found that the companions of the Prophet(saw) had MANY arguments with each other, to a point where they would KILL each other.

Again... Another disappointment, i read about Aisha breastfeeding adult males... etc etc.

I still keep searching, I decide to disregard all that, and I start learning the Salah, (memorizing what to say, memorizing few Surahs for my coming conversion), well now I encounter ANOTHER disappointment. The Madhabs, instant confusion, I start googling about them, I end up on forums where people are calling followers of the Maliki madhab names for praying with hands on the side, (Sadl) instead of folding the arms.

The Hanafi said there is no need for Wali (guardian) in marriage, the shaafi said circumcision is fard, hanafi and maliki said its not.... just total confusion.

The funny part was, ALL OF THEM are said to be correct, how can all be correct???

So: Again I stop searching and researching for a while and just decide eeh I'll let it be.

Then one day I went to my youtube account, and the Suggestions section showed a Shii'te preacher whom I wont name either for again political reasons (dont know if its allowed in these forums).

I watched the video, and my first contact to Shia Islam was established. 
And from then on, it was all happinesss and smiles. Alhamdulillah.

The Imamah clicked with me instantly, because again coming from a christian background: Prophets and the successors are chosen by GOD, not voted for by a democratic assembly.

I noticed the Hadeeths of the Ahlul-Bayt(as) did not contradict each other, Finally, i had found home, there is only the Quran and one Sunnah :)

Abu Dharr al-Ghifari narrates the Prophet(saw) to have said: "The People of my Household are for you like the Ark of Nuh (Noah). Whoever embarks on it will be saved and whoever turns away from it will be drowned."

At this point: I was convinced, I was ready to take my Shahadah and revert to the true Islam. :)

- So thats it, how my mind was working during this time of searching, sorry if its repetetive and boring. but I decided to write it anyway.

For all the people who are searching NOW, and may come accross this topic I encourage you to look at things from a critical and scientific point of view, and you will get to the same conclusion as me and many others have :)
The issue here in the west is that Shia Islam is basically unheard of, so we must work hard to make Da'wah and bring hope to the people :)

Peace :)

Imam Sadiq [a] said: "Verily, there are various degrees of serving Allah, but affection

(and cordial inclination) for us, Ahlul Bayt, is the highest one."

Bihar-ul-Anwar, vol. 27, p. 91

Salaam and welcome to the school of ahlulbayt, the school where all doubts and questions are answered with logic and examples of the past.

May Allah bless you. And lets hope we can bring more...

salam u alaykom,

I love reading or listening to reverts / converts stories:)

Thank you so much for sharing it, indeed very nice and intetesting story, these stories never gets repeated nor boring , their faboulus and touches hearts :)

May Allah reward you :)

Allah guides whoever He wills :)

salam u alaykom,

I love reading or listening to reverts / converts stories:)

Thank you so much for sharing it, indeed very nice and intetesting story, these stories never gets repeated nor boring , their faboulus and touches hearts :)

May Allah reward you :)

Allah guides whoever He wills :)

me too!!

Congrats to the brother. 

Salams Brother !!

Just wanted to say thank you for sharing your story. I love reading about peoples story and their reasons for coming towards Islam. 

Believe it or not, hearing these things opens our eyes too! I mean, coming from a person growing up in a Shia family (hamdillah), I can say that It can surprise you how many things are there that you are unaware of in so many other beliefs/sectors out there...  :blush:

First of all I like to congratulate you in finding the right path and choosing the most beautiful and pure lifestyle, Islam!

And second, finding out that Allah swt has not and will never abandon us without a leader.. and everything he does, is ALWAYS according to plan. So again, congrats on finding and choosing the path of Shia and becoming a follower of the Ahlolbeyt.

I strongly believe that it was because of all your hard work, research and determination that you found the best way, and you deserve it! :)

I wish you all the best in the future, and my Allah swt protect you and help you in this life and after. ^_^

Salam alikoum,

Many many many congratulations, and I really hope you will forever be happy and forever keep learning about Allah swt, His messengers and the blessed, most beloved Holy Family the Ahlulbayt. SubhannAllah when He wants to guide someone to the right path! you have been truly gifted so take that apporunity to thank Allah swt for his blessings because many others that were like you are still lost in this world of desires. 

ws