Sign in to follow this  
Repentant

Photo Of Your Library

Rate this topic

Sallam Alykum, I was hoping for people to share photos of their personal libraries here. I always wanted my own library of books, especially Islamic books=] I will upload the first picture. My shelves are slowly growing (books are expensive lol) and consist mostly of Islamic (intro stuff) and a small amount of western philosophy. 

20130830_133925.jpg

...hmm...can 2 shelves of books constitute a 'library'? :donno: ...i mean well done and all that, but ...technically speaking, when does a collection of books turn into a library?

...hmm...can 2 shelves of books constitute a 'library'? :donno: ...i mean well done and all that, but ...technically speaking, when does a collection of books turn into a library?

it's a collection of books so I think so lol. There is not set amount of books which constitutes a library. And actually, it's 2 and a half shelves!

Well, your 2nd shelf is no where near full capacity there  ... sorry, i'm enjoying being pedantic today :Hijabi:

Which of your books smells the best? i like ones that smell like grapefuit with a little black pepper.

Edited by Ruq

Guest MashAllah

Anyone else going to upload photos?!

Insha'Allah when i buy a camera, i will upload.

Not exactly a library, but this is my book shelf.

And three months ago the top row was pretty empty. Thank you Iran :blush:

9abfj5.jpg

no more library postings?

From "Analysis of Aircraft Structures" in the 2nd row to "Biology of Microorganisms" at the bottom ! 

Sallam Alykum, I was hoping for people to share photos of their personal libraries here. I always wanted my own library of books, especially Islamic books=] I will upload the first picture. My shelves are slowly growing (books are expensive lol) and consist mostly of Islamic (intro stuff) and a small amount of western philosophy. 

Beautiful!!, Mee too, I love someday to have my own Library inshalla, but yeah same here, books are also Expensive.

May Allah inshalla bless us with knowledge!

(salam) =)  

Where do you purchase most of your books from?

I am guessing you are referring to the Islamic ones right?

A lot of them were passed down from my dad (he has had them for ages, since before he moved to the US from Iran)

The ones I mentioned that I got in Iran just this summer, are from an English Publication: Ansariyan. Located in Qom, Iran. They have translations of books in a variety of languages. From the ones I found: English, Spanish, Turkish, Arabic, Russian, French, (that's all I recall).

From "Analysis of Aircraft Structures" in the 2nd row to "Biology of Microorganisms" at the bottom ! 

lol, don't be fooled I have not finished either of them. Biology of Microorganisms is my course text book. I barely got it this semester. The Analysis of aircraft structures, I have had it for a couple of years, I read from it every now and then.

Edited by jannahismygoal

lol, don't be fooled I have not finished either of them. Biology of Microorganisms is my course text book. I barely got it this semester. The Analysis of aircraft structures, I have had it for a couple of years, I read from it every now and then.

I have that book too!!! It's so heavy lol I never took it with me to the course, it's a nice book thogh :) 

All the books I have in my bookshelve are non-Islamic.. Tbh the only Islam related book I have is The Holy Quran and Mafati7 al Jinan lol.. I mostly read Islamic books on the internet.. inshaAllah will purchase some in the future though.  

I have that book too!!! It's so heavy lol I never took it with me to the course, it's a nice book thogh :)

All the books I have in my bookshelve are non-Islamic.. Tbh the only Islam related book I have is The Holy Quran and Mafati7 al Jinan lol.. I mostly read Islamic books on the internet.. inshaAllah will purchase some in the future though.  

It's somewhat interesting, I'm not too fascinated about studying "Micro" Biology. I am more about studying the fundamentals of it. Along with Anatomy and Physiology. Yes it is quite heavy :) Luckily I am not required to bring it to class. Were you?

Mafatih al Jinan-- so serene. I don't have the full version. Only selections from it.

I think whatever works for you is great, whether it be pdf files or hardcover. I like hardcover because, I like to write notes surrounding the pages. Its easier for me to stay focused. Books smell good, lol.

It's somewhat interesting, I'm not too fascinated about studying "Micro" Biology. I am more about studying the fundamentals of it. Along with Anatomy and Physiology. Yes it is quite heavy :) Luckily I am not required to bring it to class. Were you?

Mafatih al Jinan-- so serene. I don't have the full version. Only selections from it.

I think whatever works for you is great, whether it be pdf files or hardcover. I like hardcover because, I like to write notes surrounding the pages. Its easier for me to stay focused. Books smell good, lol.

Ohh yes anatomy is awesome! Ahh I miss those days of dissecting.. Yeah sometimes we were told to bring it, and I took it with me to study in the library at uni. Good luck with your studies sis!  

Yeah books are amazing, the feeling of holding it in your hand and read from it and forget what is around you. It's definately easier to focus.