Sign in to follow this  
Haji 2003

Stephanie Bannister Lol

I almost vomited my futoor. Ignorant people like her are an infectious disease to society, as tons of people like her will believe the same nonsense she promotes. 

Edited by Pinata

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recent Posts on ShiaChat!

• Need to explain the reason of this wiki and Islam. My way of thinking : How do we sure/certain that Iblis has knowledge of God perfectly when he/Iblis disobey God's order to bow.
    • Salaam Alaykum Brother Good for your sister that has such a good brother. It is very important to observe Hijab and Islamic dress code. First of all, don't expect your sister to change her behaviour in one night. This process takes months, or maybe one or two years, so be patient. Never get angry on this because it only ruins your previous effort. Always calm and patient. Second, don't expect your sister to be nice to you when you talk about Hijab with her. She probably disrespects you or say inappropriate words, you MUST be quiet if it happens. Apparently your mother is concerned about this. It's a good thing that you are not alone. Observing Islamic dress code is very very gradual process. Your mother and you should be together and patient. Try to be more respectful to your sister and help her as much as you can. Let her think that you always support her. Your mother should also show observation in this matter. Your sister should see that your mother doesn't wear any kind of cloth. For example, when your mother and you and your sister are shopping, your mother should say(loudly so that your sister hears that), I don't like this dress. It's too short or tight and I'm Muslim. Never use force or fighting to make her dress islamically. Let her to understand this herself. Remember be kinder and more patient. Do as much favor as you can for your sister. Tell your mother to do the same. Gradually you can start talking with your sister in person about Hijab. The key is that she should first TRUST you that you are saying that just for help and your love as her brother.
    • Over the last 40 years, we have seen an increase in income inequality, especially in the US, with wages stagnating for a large majority of the population, but profits for corporations continuing to grow exponentially, this was obviously dealt a blow in the financial crisis, but the mechanisms in place to fix the crisis largely continued to promote neoliberal, state capitalism. The federal reserve, which I believe is criticised unfairly is largely a mechanism in place to fix problems within a very highly flawed system. You need a body that has to regulate banks and interest rates, otherwise you would have a situation that is even worse, where banks would continually just collude and set rates in a way that benefits them. The problem however is that, the Fed's mechanisms only empower the same system that has done damage to so many people's lives. By promoting bank bailouts, which then just give the bank the insurance that they can continue to do whatever they want, and the government will just continue to bail them out, they have no much incentive to act differently. Financial reform and regulation have been implemented since the financial crisis but these aren't enough, and the bailouts only led to bank CEOs giving themselves higher bonuses. But the question is how do you fix the system? If you don't bail the banks out, you leave millions unemployed, you make small business reliant on banks for short-term financing shut down. If you don't print money and you don't increase the deficit, you get rid of the few ways in a flawed economic system to boost the economy. So how do you fix it? More regulation? Do you make the Federal Open Market Committee meetings more public, but then that just allows political influence and gives more power to a very corrupt congress to make decisions, when you can't exactly trust them either? There have been attempts to make other currency systems like bitcoin, but on a national level what is a good solution? To centralise the banks completely would be a good idea but its just giving power to corrupt lawmakers who are bought by corporate interests. 
    • I think an important question that nobodies asked is what kind of relationship do you have with your sister?  If you're not super close and just come out of nowhere with all these rules shes going to rebel and your parents could get involved- telling you to stay out of it. If this happens- she might think its okay because her parents are defending her.  If you're not close, then maybe this is an opportunity to be. Try and be really open and non judgemental and find out why she doesn't wish to observe hijab. It may just be down to ignorance: she simply doesn't know its importance in islam. You'd be surprised what kind of interesting conversations you'd have.  My brothers beliefs are fairly different to mine and fairly often we have interesting discussions/debates about all kinds of topics. He's also very open minded so I feel reassurance/comfort if I ever need to ask advice or information about a certain topic.