Iamgr8

Do Shias Love Ali (Ra) More Than Muhammad (Sa)?

Rate this topic

There is a strong perception all over the world that Shia Muslim actually love Hazrat Ali (pbuh) (Shias call him Imam Ali) more than Prophet Hazrat Muhammad (pbuh). Why is there such perception? Shias also don't care about the other caliphs namely Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthman. Also shias say bad things about Hazrat Aisha (pbuh). Rejects all hadiths narrated from her. Reject most of the hadiths narrated by Abu Hurairah. Everything of Shias seem like Hazrat Ali , Hazrat Ali and Hazrat Ali. Sunnis extremely respect Hazrat Ali and also love his sons Hassan  and Hussain but who are the rest of the imams. Why do Shias believe their imams are sinless? Nobody is without sin apart from prophets of Allah but prophets also did few mistakes which was later corrected by Allah but why do Shias think Imam Ali, Hassan, Hussain and their other imams didn't do even any mistake forget about doing sin? 

Due to these matters many sunni muslims think Shias love their imams esp Imam Ali (pbuh) more than Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). For sunnis they love Prophet Muhammad the most then they love rest of the prophets after that they consider Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman and Ali are all equally respectful. Among woman they consider Maryam (pbuh) is the most respectful woman after her Fatima (pbuh) Aisha (pbuh) are equally respectful women. Among the other wives apart from Aisha, Khadija (pbuh) is another woman who is very dear to Sunni Muslims, on the other hand Shias don't respect Aisha at all.

Shias are a very small minority among muslims. Constitute only 10 to 15 percent of muslim ummah. The majority of muslims are all sunni Muslims. Why? There must be a valid reason for it.

So the majority is always right is it? Why dont you convert to christianity then?

Respect is earnt, not freely given.. especially to your 'companions' that showed how 'loyal' they were to the prophet.

Sahih Muslim

Book 013, Number 4016:

Ibn Abbas reported: When Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) was about to leave this world, there were persons (around him) in his house, 'Umar b. al-Kbattab being one of them. Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) said: Come, I may write for you a document; you would not go astray after that. Thereupon Umar said: Verily Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) is deeply afflicted with pain. You have the Qur'an with you. The Book of Allah is sufficient for us. Those who were present in the house differed. Some of them said: Bring him (the writing material) so that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) may write a document for you and you would never go astray after him And some among them said what 'Umar had (already) said. When they indulged in nonsense and began to dispute in the presence of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him), he said: Get up (and go away) 'Ubaidullah said: Ibn Abbas used to say: There was a heavy loss, indeed a heavy loss, that, due to their dispute and noise. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) could not write (or dictate) the document for them.

[49:2] O you who believe, do not raise your voices above the voice of the prophet, nor shall you shout at him as you shout at each other, lest your works become nullified while you do not perceive.

“Nor does he say (aught) of (his own) Desire. It is no less than inspiration sent down to him”(53:3-4)

It is narrated on the authority of Urwa b. Zubair who narrated from A'isha that she informed him that Fatima, daughter of the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him), sent someone to Abu Bakr to demand from him her share of the legacy left by the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) from what Allah had bestowed upon him at Medina and Fadak and what was left from one-filth of the income (annually received) from Khaibar. Abu Bakr said: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said:" We (prophets) do not have any heirs; what we leave behind is (to be given in) charity." The household of the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) will live on the income from these properties, but, by Allah, I will not change the charity of the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) from the condition in which it was in his own time. I will do the same with it as the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upun him) himself used to do. So Abu Bakr refused to hand over anything from it to Fatima who got angry with Abu Bakr for this reason. She forsook him and did not talk to him until the end of her life. She lived for six months after the death of the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him). When she died, her husband. 'Ali b. Abu Talib, buried her at night. He did not inform Abu Bakr about her death and offered the funeral prayer over her himself. During the lifetime of Fatima, 'All received (special) regard from the people. After she had died, he felt estrangement in the faces of the people towards him.

Book 031, Number 5971:

'A'isha reported: Never did I feel jealous of any woman as I was jealous of Khadija. She had died three years before he (the Holy Prophet) married me. I often heard him praise her, and his lord, the Exalted and Glorious, had commanded him to give her the glad tidings of a palace of jewels in Paradise: and whenever he slaughtered a sheep he presented (its meat) to her female companions.

mashallah a jealous wife that you want us to call 'mother of the beleivers'.

k 031, Number 5955:

'A'isha reported that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) went out one norning wearing a striped cloak of the black camel's hair that there came Hasan b. 'Ali. He wrapped hitn under it, then came Husain and he wrapped him under it along with the other one (Hasan). Then came Fatima and he took her under it, then came 'Ali and he also took him under it and then said: Allah only desires to take away any uncleanliness from you, O people of the household, and purify you (thorough purifying) Quran : Sure 33 (Al-Ahzab), Verse 33

I dont see the name of abu bakr, omar and aiesha there..

The prophet said i leave you 2 things the quran and my family... the family is purified as said in the quran... and never did he say that he leaves us with the companions you follow.

@Lamgr8

Our Authentic A-Hadith have proven so. You cannot predict the future and say it is illogical. If you take for example the War of Suffin And Jamal you will find that the companions of Imam Ali  (as) were very little compared to the opposition. And don't forget the War of Karbala where Imam Hussain  (as) had only 72 companions against the oppression of Yazid. Also if we look into the following Quranic verses:

In Surat al Baqara verse 249:

فَلَمَّا فَصَلَ طَالُوتُ بِالْجُنُودِ قَالَ إِنَّ اللَّهَ مُبْتَلِيكُم بِنَهَرٍ فَمَن شَرِبَ مِنْهُ فَلَيْسَ مِنِّي وَمَن لَّمْ يَطْعَمْهُ فَإِنَّهُ مِنِّي إِلَّا مَنِ اغْتَرَفَ غُرْفَةً بِيَدِهِ ۚ فَشَرِبُوا مِنْهُ إِلَّا قَلِيلًا مِّنْهُمْ ۚ فَلَمَّا جَاوَزَهُ هُوَ وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُوا مَعَهُ قَالُوا لَا طَاقَةَ لَنَا الْيَوْمَ بِجَالُوتَ وَجُنُودِهِ ۚ قَالَ الَّذِينَ يَظُنُّونَ أَنَّهُم مُّلَاقُو اللَّهِ كَم مِّن فِئَةٍ قَلِيلَةٍ غَلَبَتْ فِئَةً كَثِيرَةً بِإِذْنِ اللَّهِ ۗ وَاللَّهُ مَعَ الصَّابِرِينَ

And when Saul went forth with the soldiers, he said, "Indeed, Allah will be testing you with a river. So whoever drinks from it is not of me, and whoever does not taste it is indeed of me, excepting one who takes [from it] in the hollow of his hand." But they drank from it, except a [very] few of them. Then when he had crossed it along with those who believed with him, they said, "There is no power for us today against Goliath and his soldiers." But those who were certain that they would meet Allah said, "How many a small company has overcome a large company by permission of Allah . And Allah is with the patient."    

As you can see when Allah's Prophet and his compasions are very a few, compared to the opposition who is the 

the ruler Jalut the oppressor. And the same Scenario happen in the war of Badar. when the prophet  (pbuh) did not have many companions

Compared to the kuffar opposition. Also the majority is not always right as we look into the following verses:

Most people are not grateful.   (Surah Baqarah 2:243)

Most people do not know.   (Surah Araaf 7:187)

Most of the people do not believe.  (Surah Hud 11:17)

…and do not remember Allah save a little.  (Surah Nisa 4:142)

…little it is that you give thanks.  (Surah Araaf 7:10)

…so they shall not believe except a few.  (Surah Nisa 4:155)

As you can see only a few know and not the majority. It is possible we see this again perhaps.

Concerning who are Ahlulbayt. If you look at for example the Tradition of the Cloak, WHICH IS
AUTHENTIC: 

(bismillah) 

Jabir Ibn Abdullah Ansari (Allah be pleased with him) narrates from the authority of Lady Fatima, the beloved daughter of the Holy Prophet (peace be on her) that she said:  

"One day when my beloved father, the Holy Prophet (S), visited me in my house, 
he (S) said: `O Fatima! Peace be on you.' 

I replied: `O father! Peace be on you too.' 

He then said: `I am feeling some weakness within me.' 

I said: 'Allah forbid that you may be sick.' 

Then he said: 'Fatima! Fetch me a Yemenite cloak and wrap it round me.' I brought the Yemenite cloak and covered my dear father with it. I then noticed that his face was glowing like a full moon. 

A moment later, my beloved son, Hassan came and said: 'O my dear mother! Peace of Allah be on you.'

1 replied: 'O my loving son, the apple of my eyes, the delight of my heart! Peace be on you too.'

He then said: 'O my dear mother! I am smelling the fragrance of my loving grandfather!'

I said:`Yes, your beloved grandfather is here under the cloak.'
Hassan then went forwards his grandfather and said: `O my grandfather! Peace be on you. May I enter the cloak.'

My loving father replied: `O my son, the owner of my fountain (of Kauthar)! Peace be on you too. Yes; you may enter.'

Thus Hassan entered the cloak. Soon after, my loving son, Hussain came and said: `O my dear mother! Peace be on you.'

1 replied: `O my loving son, the apple of my eyes, the delight of my heart! peace be on you too.'

He then said: `O my dear mother! I am smelling the fragrance of my affectionate grandfather!' I replied: 'Yes, your loving grandfather and your elder brother Hassan, are inside the cloak.'

Hussain then went near the cloak and said: `O my dear grandfather, the chosen Prophet of Allah! peace be on you. May I also come inside the cloak to be with both of you.
My loving father replied: `O my son, the interceder of my Ummah! peace be on you too. Yes you may enter.'

Thus Hussain too entered the cloak.

Then Ali-Ibn Abu Talib came and said: `O beloved daughter of the Holy Prophet! peace be on you.'

1 replied: `O Abul-Hassan, Commander of the Faithful! peace be on you too.'

He then said: 'Fatima! I am smelling the fragrance of my brother, the son of my Uncle.'

I replied: 'Yes! He along with your two sons is inside the cloak'

Ali then proceeded towards the cloak and said: `O Prophet of Allah! peace be on you. May I also come to you inside the cloak!'

My beloved father replied: 'Peace be on you also my brother, my vicegerent, my successor, my standard bearer! You may also come inside.' 

Thus Ali also went inside the cloak

Then I went near the cloak and said: `Peace be on you, O my loving father! O Prophet of Allah! May I also come to you inside the cloak.'

My loving father replied: 'Peace of Allah be on you also, my beloved daughter! All
dear heart! You too have my permission.'

Thus, I also went inside the cloak. Now when all of us got assembled inside the Cloak,
my affectionate father held the two corners of the cloak and raising his right hand towards the sky said:

'O Allah! These are my Ahlul-Bayt.
They are my confidants and my supporters.
Their flesh is my flesh and their blood is my blood. 
Whoever hurts them, hurts me. 
Whoever displeases them, displeases me.
Whoever makes peace with them, will make peace with me.
Whoever has enmity against them, will have enmity against me.
Whoever is a friend to them, is a friend of mine. It is because they belong to me and I belong to them.
O Allah! Bestow Your peace, Benevolence, Mercy, forgiveness and Your Pleasures on me and on them.
And keep them aloof from uncleanliness and keep them pure and thoroughly purified.'

Then the Lord, Almighty Allah said:

`O my Angels! O inmates of the heavens!
I created this solid firmament, well-stretched earth,
well-lighted moon, shinning sun, rotating planets, rippling oceans, floating boats, 
and all other things for the sake and love of these five persons who are inside the cloak.'

At this, the Archangel Gabriel asked:

`O Lord! Who are they inside the cloak?' 

The Lord said:

`They are Ahlul-Bayt of the Prophet and the assets of the Prophethood. They are Fatima, her father, her husband and her two sons.'

Gabriel said:

`O Lord! permit me also to descend to earth and join them as the sixth inside the cloak.'
The Lord said: 'You are permitted.'

Thus Gabriel, the Archangel came down to earth and said:

`O Prophet of Allah! peace be on you. The Gracious Lord, the Almighty Allah sends His Greetings to you to bestow on you His Grace and Mercy and says:
"By My Grace and Grandeur! I have created this solid
firmament, well-stretched earth, well-lighted moon,
shining sun, rotating planets, rippling oceans, floating boats and 
all other things for the sake and love of you and
your chosen people."

And the Lord, Almighty has given me the permission to join you inside the cloak
O Prophet of Allah!
May I come in and be with you?' 

The Holy Prophet replied:

'O Bearer of the Divine revelations! Peace be on you also. Yes, you may come in.'

Then Gabriel too came inside the cloak
Thereafter, he spoke to my affectionate father:

'Allah sends His revelation to you people and says:

"Surely, Allah has decided that He should keep you and your Ahlul-Bayt clean of all pollution and purify you people with a thorough purification."'

Then Ali said to my loving father:

'Tell me! What merit the coming under this cloak has before Allah ?'

The Holy Prophet replied:

`By that Being, Who made me His Prophet and Who, for the salvation of mankind appointed me to prophethood! When any of our Shiites and supporters will assemble in a
gathering of the inmates of this earth and narrate this Hadith, Allah will bestow on them His Blessings and Mercy; angels will encircle them and as long as they do not disperse, 
the angels will pray for the forgiveness of their sins.'

At this, Ali said:

`By Allah! We and our Shiites have now become triumphant.'

Then the Holy Prophet said:

'O Ali! By that Being, Who made me the righteous prophet and appointed me to the prophet-hood for the sake of people's salvation, whenever in the gathering of the inmates of this earth our Shiites and friends will assemble and narrate this Hadith of ours, and if some-one amongst them will be in agony, Allah will remove his trouble; and if someone was sorrowful, Allah will relieve him of his sorrows; will answer his needs.'

Then Ali said:

`By Allah! At this moment we have been crowned with success and Blessings; and by the Lord of Kaabah, in the same way our Shiites too have become triumphant and blessed in this world and the Hereafter.' 

(pbuh) 

Okay now my dear brother I shall mention it from your books in the following: both Sahih Muslim and Sahih al-Tirmidhi as well as many others confirm the Shi'ite point of view explained above. In Sahih Muslim, there is a chapter named "Chapter of Virtues of the Companions". Inside this chapter, there is a section called "Section of the Virtues of the Ahlul-Bayt of the Prophet". There exists ONLY ONE tradition in this section, and this tradition has no reference to the wives of the Prophet (PBUH&HF). The tradition is known as "The Tradition of Cloak/Mantle" (Hadith al-Kisaa), and is as follows:

Narrated Aisha:

One day the Prophet (PBUH&HF) came out afternoon wearing a black cloak (upper garment or gown; long coat), then al-Hasan Ibn Ali came and the Prophet accommodated him under the cloak, then al-Husain came and entered the cloak, then Fatimah came and the Prophet entered her under the cloak, then Ali came and the Prophet entered him to the cloak as well. Then the Prophet recited: "Verily Allah intends to keep off from you every kind of uncleanness O' People of the House (Ahlul-Bayt), and purify you a perfect purification (the last sentence of Verse 33:33)."

Sunni reference:

• Sahih Muslim, Chapter of virtues of companions, section of the virtues of the Ahlul-Bayt of the Prophet (PBUH&HF), 1980 Edition Pub. in Saudi Arabia, Arabic version, v4, p1883, Tradition #61.

One can see that the author of Sahih Muslim confirms that:

•  
  • Imam Ali, Fatimah, al-Hasan, and al-Husain are the Ahlul-Bayt,
  • The purification sentence in Quran (the last sentence of Verse 33:33) was revealed for the virtue of the above-mentioned individuals, and NOT for the wives of the Prophet (PBUH&HF).

Muslim (the Author) did not put any other tradition in this section (section of the virtues of Ahlul-Bayt). If the author of Sahih Muslimbelieved that the wives of the Prophet were included in Ahlul-Bayt, he would have quoted some traditions about them in this section.

It is interesting to see that Aisha, the wife of the Prophet (PBUH&HF) is the narrator of the above tradition, and she herself is testifying that Ahlul- Bayt are the above-mentioned individuals (i.e., Imam Ali, Fatimah, al-Hasan, and al-Husain, may the blessing of Allah be upon them all).

Another version of the "Tradition of Cloak" is written in Sahih al-Tirmidhi, which is narrated in the authority of Umar Ibn Abi Salama, the son of Umm Salama (another wife of Prophet), which is as follows:

The verse "Verily Allah intends to ... (33:33)" was revealed to the Prophet (PBUH&HF) in the house of Umm Salama. Upon that, the Prophet gathered Fatimah, al-Hasan, and al-Husain, and covered them with a cloak, and he also covered Ali who was behind him. Then the Prophet said: "O' Allah! These are the Members of my House (Ahlul-Bayt). Keep them away from every impurity and purify them with a perfect purification." Umm Salama (the wife of Prophet) asked: "Am I also included among them O Apostle of Allah?" the Prophet replied: "You remain in your position and you are toward a good ending."

Sunni reference: Sahih al-Tirmidhi, v5, pp 351,663

As we see, al-Tirmidhi also confirms that Imam Ali, Fatimah, al-Hasan, and al-Husain are the Ahlul-Bayt, and the purification sentence in Quran (the last sentence of Verse 33:33) was revealed for the virtue of the above-mentioned individuals, and NOT for the wives of the Prophet (PBUH&HF). Also it is apparent from above authentic tradition that the Prophet himself excluded his wives from Ahlul-Bayt. If Umm Salama  (ra) was among Ahlul-Bayt, why didn't the Prophet answer her positively? Why didn't he enter her into the cloak? Why did the Prophet tell her that she remains in her own position? If the Prophet (PBUH&HF) would consider Umm Salama among Ahlul-Bayt, he would surely have entered her to the cloak and would have prayed for her perfect purity as well.

It is also worth mentioning that the Prophet (PBUH&HF) did NOT say: "These are among the Members of my House". He rather said: "These are THE Members of my House" since there was no other member of Ahlul-Bayt who was alive at the time of the Prophet (PBUH&HF). Also notice that Umm Salama  (ra) who is the virtuous wife of the Prophet is the narrator of the tradition to his son and gives the testimony that who Ahlul-Bayt are.

In the tradition of al-Hakim the wording the last question and answer is as follows:

Umm Salama said: "O Prophet of Allah! Am I not one of the members of your family?" The Holy Prophet replied: "You have a good future but only these are the members of my family. O Lord! The members of my family are more deserving."

Sunni reference: al-Mustadrak, by al-Hakim, v2, p416

Also the wording reported by al-Suyuti and Ibn al-Athir is as follows:

Umm Salama said to the Holy Prophet: "Am I also one of them?" He replied: "No. You have your own special position and your future is good."

Sunni reference:

• Usdul Ghabah, by Ibn al-Athir, v2, p289
  • Tafsir al-Durr al-Manthoor, by al-Suyuti, v5, p198

Also al-Tabari quotes Umm Salama saying:

I said, "O Prophet of Allah! Am I not also one of your Ahlul-Bayt?" I swear by the Almighty that the Holy Prophet did NOT grant me any distinction and said: "You have a good future."

Sunni reference: Tafsir al-Tabari, v22, p7 under the commentary of verse 33:33

Beside Sahih Muslim and Sahih al-Tirmidhi from which we quoted the Tradition of Cloak on the authority of Aisha and Umm Salama respectively, below are more Sunni references of the Tradition of Cloak who reported both versions of the traditions:

(3) Musnad Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v6, pp 323,292,298; v1, pp 330-331; v3, p252; v4, p107 from Abu Sa'id al-Khudri

(4) Fadha'il al-Sahaba, by Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v2, p578, Tradition #978

(5) al-Mustadrak, by al-Hakim, v2, p416 (two traditions) from Ibn Abi Salama, v3, pp 146-148 (five traditions), pp 158,172

(6) al-Khasa'is, by an-Nisa'i, pp 4,8

(7) al-Sunan, by al-Bayhaqi, narrated from Aisha and Umm Salama

(8) Tafsir al-Kabir, by al-Bukhari (the author of Sahih), v1, part 2, p69

(9) Tafsir al-Kabir, by Fakhr al-Razi, v2, p700 (Istanbul), from Aisha

(10) Tafsir al-Durr al-Manthoor, by al-Suyuti, v5, pp 198,605 from Aisha and Umm Salama

(11) Tafsir Ibn Jarir al-Tabari, v22, pp 5-8 (from Aisha and Abu Sa'id al-Khudri), pp 6,8 (from Ibn Abi Salama) (10 traditions)

(12) Tafsir al-Qurtubi, under the commentary of verse 33:33 from Umm Salama

(13) Tafsir Ibn Kathir, v3, p485 (Complete version) from Aisha and Umar Ibn Abi Salama

(14) Usdul Ghabah, by Ibn al-Athir, v2, p12; v4, p79 narrated from Ibn Abi Salama

(15) Sawa'iq al-Muhriqah, by Ibn Hajar al-Haythami, Ch. 11, sec. 1, p221 from Umm Salama

(16) Tarikh, by al-Khateeb Baghdadi, v10, narrated from Ibn Abi Salama

(17) Tafsir al-Kashshaf, by al-Zamakhshari, v1, p193 narrated from Aisha

(18) Mushkil al-Athar, by al-Tahawi, v1, pp 332-336 (seven traditions)

(19) Dhakha'ir al-Uqba, by Muhibb al-Tabari, pp21-26, from Abu Sa'id Khudri

(20) Majma' al-Zawa'id, by al-Haythami, v9, p166 (by several transmitters)

Here is another authentic variation of "The Tradition of Cloak" which is related to Safiyya who was another wife of the Prophet (PBUH&HF). Ja'far Ibn Abi Talib narrated:

When the Messenger of Allah noticed that a blessing from Allah was to descent, he told Safiyya (one of his wives): "Call for me! Call for me!" Safiyya said: "Call who, O the Messenger of Allah?" He said: "Call for me my Ahlul-Bayt who are Ali, Fatimah, al-Hasan, and al-Husain." Thus we sent for them and they came to him. Then the Prophet (PBUH&HF) spread his cloak over them, and raised his hand (toward sky) saying: "O Allah! These are my family (Aalee), so bless Muhammad and the family (Aal) of Muhammad." And Allah, to whom belong Might and Majesty, revealed: "Verily Allah intends to keep off from you every kind of uncleanness O' People of the House (Ahlul-Bayt), and purify you a thorough purification (Quran, the last sentence of Verse 33:33)".

Sunni references:

• al-Mustadrak by al-Hakim, Chapter of "Understanding (the virtues) of Companions, v3, p148. The author then wrote: "This tradition is authentic (Sahih) based on the criteria of the two Shaikhs (al-Bukhari and Muslim)."
  • Talkhis of al-Mustadrak, by al-Dhahabi, v3, p148
  • Usdul Ghabah, by Ibn al-Athir, v3, p33

Although since the majority of traditions on this issue show that the last sentence of the verse 33:33 was revealed in the house of Umm Salama (as quoted earlier), the above tradition implies that it might have been revealed in the house of Safiyya. Based on the opinion of the Sunni scholars including Ibn Hajar, it is quite possible that the verse was revealed more than once. In each occasion, the Prophet repeated his action in front of different wives so that they all realize who his Ahlul-Bayt are.

The testimony of three wives of the Prophet (Aisha, Umm Salama, and Safiyya) leaves us no room but to believe that the Ahlul-Bayt at the time of the Prophet were no more than five individuals: Prophet Muhammad, Lady Fatimah, Imam Ali, al-Hasan, and al-Husain (Peace be upon them all).

_______________________________________________________________________________________

@lamgr8

In addition Christianity is More in percentage compared to Islam, if your saying we a wrong because we are Minority, then We should join Christianity because in the World as a whole, Islam is the minority     

(salam)

Question was do we love Imam Ali (as) and the other Imams more than Prophet Mohammed (pbuh)?

No not by any means. Prophet Mohammed (pbuh)  Is the most loved, most respected etc. creation of Allah(SWT). Hands down no if's ands or buts about it. No one can equate to the Prophet (pbuh)  in the terms of love we have towards him. 

However to my knowledge we hold the 14 Ma'soomeen Above all of what God has created. Above Adam, Nuh, Musa, Isa, Ibrahim etc. And out of the 14 Ma'soomeen we hold the Prophet above them all (pbuh).

And second of all(even though this is off the main topic) if you're shia one of the cores of our belief is that the Prophets and Imams are all infallible. We are not Christian or Jewish or Sunni or whatever. No offense to any. We don't say "well oh they can make and have made mistakes in their lives" that cannot reconcile with Islam from a Shia Perspective. 

And referring to the Prophet: Surah Najm Verses 1-4

وَالنَّجْمِ إِذَا هَوَىٰ   مَا ضَلَّ صَاحِبُكُمْ وَمَا غَوَىٰ   وَمَا يَنْطِقُ عَنِ الْهَوَىٰ   إِنْ هُوَ إِلَّا وَحْيٌ يُوحَىٰ

Also Angels cannot Err either as they do only what Allah has commanded them to do. They were created without free will. So as to say that Angels of Allah can make mistakes is absolutely absurd.

(wasalam)

What sort of question is this.

You dont even need to ask it.. This is why Allah also gave us commensense, its a shame how most ppl dont use it. Im not trying to critisize or anything but why do non shia's always jump conclusions.

It's not wrong that we love`s Ali r.a . But it is wrong that we love`s Ali r.a more than Holy prophet(s.a)

As you know that Ali R.a love`s holy prophet s.a more than ali r.a himself.

Another thing that Mohammad s.a is prophet.means a ordinary man who was choosen by Allah . Beside this Mohammad was also a last prophet..

Means it comparison is not valid..

The love of the Prophet and affection to him is one of Islamic principles which emphasized by Quranic verses and traditions.

Shia love The prophet because he is the source of revealation. As we when refer to the Quran, Allah says "

قُلْ إِنْ کانَ آباؤُکُمْ وَأَبْناؤُکُمْ وَإِخْوانُکُمْ وَأَزْواجُکُمْ وَعَشیرتُکُمْ وَأَموالٌ اقْتَرفْتُمُوها وَتِجارَةٌ تَخْشَونَ کَسادها وَمَساکِنَ تَرضَونَها أَحَبَّ إِلَیْکُمْ مِنَ اللّهِ وَ رَسُولِهِ وَجِهاد فِی سَبیلِهِ فَتَرَبَّصُوا حَتّى یَأْتِیَ اللّهُ بِأَمْرِهِ وَ اللّهُ لا یَهْدِی الْقَومَ الفاسِقینَ".

Or in another verse Allah says

" الّذِینَ آمَنُوا بِهِ وَعَزَّرُوهُ وَنَصَرُوهُ وَاتَّبَعُوا النُّورَ الّذی أُنْزلَ مَعَهُ أُولئِکَ هُمُ الْمُفْلِحُون"

Two these verses show the importance of affection and love toward him. But shia also believe in the love of Prophet's family and household. As Allah insists on this point in below verse:

قُلْ لا أَسأَلُکُمْ عَلَیْهِ أَجْراً إِلاّ الْمَوَدَّةَ فِی الْقُربى

But shia in despite of loving the family of Prophet show that they love prophet more that his household, because their love isn't verbal and by their tongue, but they obey him by their action, as it took place in the event of Saghifeh .

Although some people show that they love the companions of prophet more that the prophet. As they believe in justice for companions' behaviors while they believe the prophet at the time of his demise had fits of delirium.

Shia believe that if they had obeyed Prophet, the Islamic society wouldn’t face with dilemma.

It's not wrong that we love`s Ali r.a . But it is wrong that we love`s Ali r.a more than Holy prophet(s.a)

As you know that Ali R.a love`s holy prophet s.a more than ali r.a himself.

Another thing that Mohammad s.a is prophet.means a ordinary man who was choosen by Allah . Beside this Mohammad was also a last prophet..

Means it comparison is not valid..

Most of us Muslims claim a lot thing but mostly we don't mean it either. We say we love mostly Allah [swt] but look how we disobey Him. Allah [swt] says: "It is most hateful in the sight of Allah that you say things which you do not do." (61:3)

Sab se pehlay hum rejact krtay hai bukari shrif ko phr muslim shrif ye sb kitabain he asal fasad phela rhe hain ye wo kitabain hain jo quran k mukablay me munafikon ne bna dali hain.. Bhaio ap samj gaye hongay k sirf quran he wo kitab alaah hai jo lohay mehfoz me darj hai or es ki hifazt b khud khuda he k zimay hai.. Quran na kisi hadis ko manta hai na kisi usman ko na kisi ali ko na umar or abu bakar ko. Balkay wo sirf aik mehboob ko manta hai or muhamad sallealla ne kbi b na ali se muhbt ki na fatma na abu bakar na umar na hussain sy muhabt ki unki muhabt sirf khuda k liay hai the rhay gi apne baap ibrahem ki trha.. Beharul anwar sitaa siya ye sb kitabain man ghart dastainain hain jinhay hadith ka nam dia jata ha flaan ne fallan bin fallan ne flaan ne bin falaan suni the ye hadis.. Darasal shetan sy raha na gaya or us ne quran ko nicha dekhane k liay ahadis ki kitab bna dali.. QURAN MUKAMAL ZABTA HAYAT HAI OR ISLAM DIN E KHUDA.. Es deen ko khuda ne mukamal kr k utara hai.. Khud alah apne deen ki hifazt krta hai ku k wo khuda hai wo bacha skta hai deen ko or insano ko.. Bs jo log kehtay hain k islam abu bakr ki wja sy bach gaea ya ali ki wja se bach gaea ya usman ne bacha lia ya hussain ne bacha lia to ye wo kisi or ko nhe khud ko dhokha dete hain islam jis ki jageer hai wo tanha yakta takatwar hai jis ne abu bakar ali muawiyah hussain or yazid ki jaan un k jismo se aleda kr di wo log khuda ko ya us k deen ko nahe bacha sktay en sb logon ne bs apni zaat k liay apna deen qaim rakha.. Khuda k kisi kam ko Anch nhe hoti or jb us ka mukarar kia hua wakt ajata hai to phr dair nhe hoti .. Ap sb dil.o.jan se Alaah ko sirf or uskay rasul ko or quran ko mano..ye khuda ka wada hai wo es k man'nay walon ki ibadat ko zaiya nahe kray ga

On 20 July 2013 at 7:16 PM, Iamgr8 said:

We are shias we are the followers of Ali that doesnt mean that the prophet is not important to us indeed prophet muhammad is the last prophet of Allah and we shias love the prophet as well as the family of the prophet 

ALI is the son of abu talib and fatima bint asad. He is the cousin of the prophet and also is the prophet daughters husband.

we believe in ali more than the three other caliphs abu bakr,umar,ummaya because we believe that ali has more to do with the prophet if the3 other caliphs were more important to the prophet then why...

was ALi born in the kaaba and the cracks still remain even after people tryed to cover

why did the prophet raise ali hand and say to his believers "whom im master ali his master to "

why when the enemies of the prophet surrounded the prophets house ready to attack then why did the prophet tell ali to lay in the prophet bed why not umar bakr ummayd

Why was ali made the prophets successer

why was fatimahs hand in marriage given to ali

why when ali was born didnt he opened his eyes until the prophet held him

why did he die in a mosque

why was he the hero of the battles like khyber and badr and led the followrs to victory

why was he raised by the prophet 

whyyyyy

Imams they are the family of the prophet

hassan hussein played a very good part in saving islam good teaching and they even died for their faith they are the grandsons of the prophet yes they are eveythink for us they are the ahylebait and we will follow them the prophet said i leave behind 2 things the quran and the ahlybait

4 best ladies 

khadija-wife of the prophet

maryam- mother of jesus

fatimah-daughter of prophet

asia wife of firoun

Aysha is indeed one wife of the prophet and was always treated with respect by ali but she wanted war with ali so..

On 7/20/2013 at 1:16 PM, Iamgr8 said:

There is a strong perception all over the world that Shia Muslim actually love Hazrat Ali (pbuh) (Shias call him Imam Ali) more than Prophet Hazrat Muhammad (pbuh). Why is there such perception? Shias also don't care about the other caliphs namely Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthman. Also shias say bad things about Hazrat Aisha (pbuh). Rejects all hadiths narrated from her. Reject most of the hadiths narrated by Abu Hurairah. Everything of Shias seem like Hazrat Ali , Hazrat Ali and Hazrat Ali. Sunnis extremely respect Hazrat Ali and also love his sons Hassan  and Hussain but who are the rest of the imams. Why do Shias believe their imams are sinless? Nobody is without sin apart from prophets of Allah but prophets also did few mistakes which was later corrected by Allah but why do Shias think Imam Ali, Hassan, Hussain and their other imams didn't do even any mistake forget about doing sin? 

Due to these matters many sunni muslims think Shias love their imams esp Imam Ali (pbuh) more than Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). For sunnis they love Prophet Muhammad the most then they love rest of the prophets after that they consider Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman and Ali are all equally respectful. Among woman they consider Maryam (pbuh) is the most respectful woman after her Fatima (pbuh) Aisha (pbuh) are equally respectful women. Among the other wives apart from Aisha, Khadija (pbuh) is another woman who is very dear to Sunni Muslims, on the other hand Shias don't respect Aisha at all.

Shias are a very small minority among muslims. Constitute only 10 to 15 percent of muslim ummah. The majority of muslims are all sunni Muslims. Why? There must be a valid reason for it.

Shias express their love of Ali so much as he was reviled from the pulpits of banu ummayah for years 

If Ali had not been so maligned for so long maybe this extreme partisanship would not have developed to this extent 

If there was a way of measuring love, then the answer would probably be yes in most cases, but since there isn't (as far as I know), and everyone knows what the 'correct' answer is, nobody would admit to it.

It's like asking a parent which of their children they love more. Many may love one child more than the other, but they would never admit that this is the case. However, if all they ever did was talk about one child, and not the others, and became visibly happier when that child was mentioned in comparison to the others, then most people would probably suspect that they had a favourite. Especially when on the occasions when the other children were mentioned, it was only in the context of mentioning the merits of the 'favourite', or mentioning the faults of those who oppose the 'favourite'. Unfortunately such parents do exist, and it's a shame.

51 minutes ago, Haydar Husayn said:

If there was a way of measuring love, then the answer would probably be yes in most cases, but since there isn't (as far as I know), and everyone knows what the 'correct' answer is, nobody would admit to it.

It's like asking a parent which of their children they love more. Many may love one child more than the other, but they would never admit that this is the case. However, if all they ever did was talk about one child, and not the others, and became visibly happier when that child was mentioned in comparison to the others, then most people would probably suspect that they had a favourite. Especially when on the occasions when the other children were mentioned, it was only in the context of mentioning the merits of the 'favourite', or mentioning the faults of those who oppose the 'favourite'. Unfortunately such parents do exist, and it's a shame.

I believe it is a shame that we have neglected not only the Holy Qur'an (the Word of Allah) - a lot - but also the Holy Prophet (the greatest human to exist) on many occassions.

However I don't believe the reason why one is mentioned more than the other is due to (mostly) the Shi'a loving one over the other, I believe it is more to do with trying to face-up against the Sunnis, as the issue of Ali is perhaps the main source of contention between the two sects.

Edited by E.L King

44 minutes ago, E.L King said:

I believe it is a shame that we have neglected not only the Holy Qur'an (the Word of Allah) - a lot - but also the Holy Prophet (the greatest human to exist) on many occassions.

However I don't believe the reason why one is mentioned more than the other is due to (mostly) the Shi'a loving one over the other, I believe it is more to do with trying to face-up against the Sunnis, as the issue of Ali is perhaps the main source of contention between the two sects.

I'm sure the dispute with Sunnis is definitely a factor, but I don't believe that fully explains it. Even amongst themselves Shias talk about Imam Ali and Imam Husayn for more than the Prophet. They are far more familiar with their biographies than that of the Prophet, and are far more likely to use them as examples. If you ask the average Shia to tell you about the life of the Prophet, it will be a narrative centred around Imam Ali. Another example that could given is how many people say 'Ya Ali' as opposed to 'Ya Muhammad'.

Like I said, everyone knows what the 'right' answer to the question is, so nobody is ever going to admit to this, but it's fairly obvious to an outsider.

On 7/20/2013 at 2:16 PM, Iamgr8 said:

There is a strong perception all over the world that Shia Muslim actually love Hazrat Ali (pbuh) (Shias call him Imam Ali) more than Prophet Hazrat Muhammad (pbuh). Why is there such perception?

We follow the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him and his progeny).

We follow the Message of the Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him and his progeny).

We protect the Message by inoculating our kids form the virus of Hypocrisy and Threat of misguidance as its apparent in the world today.

By educating them on Wilayat, Ghadir Khum, Hadith of the Two weighty Things, Verse of Wilayat, Muwaddah, Purification, Tragedy of Thursday, Saqifa, Fadak and Karbala, and oppression of the Ahlul Bayt(as). Humans tend to bond with oppressed(it's in our Fitra(Nature).

We talk about the Merits of Amir al-Muminin(Commander of the Faithful), Imam al-Muttaqeen(Leader of the Pious), Hujjah of Allah(awj)(Proof of Allah(awj), Imam Ali ibn Abi Talib(as). Sayeda Fatima Al Zahra (sa). As per the Qur’an and the Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him and his progeny).

Since the Muslims have been under State control education system, Shia’s had to educate our generations so the Original Message stays alive and is propagated to all Muslims. It is our obligation and duty to Allah(awj), his beloved Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him and his progeny) and this is how we pave  the way for the Imam of our time, Imam Al- Mahdi(as). We Shi’a are actually born for this purpose. So, we are proud of it.  We say Ya Ali Ya Wali as it is the essence of Islam.

Doesn't the Quran say that prophet Muhammad (SAW) made mistakes, so why do you believe that Ali (as) does didn't make mistakes, unless you don't believe the Quran?

(do not mean to offend anyone with this post, just a question)

Ali ibn Abi Talib [as] represents the distinction of the followers of Muhammed wa ale Muhammed [asws]. He is the first of the Imams, the one who had his position usurped [of being the technical caliph], and the root of imamah from Muhammed [saw].  He is the closest to the Prophet [saw] and  reflection of his sunnah.

That is why there is an emphasis on him, not to malign the prophet [saw] but to shine a bright light onto the true path to the Prophet [saw] which goes through Ali ibn abi Talib [as] and the aimmah asws, the second thiqal [weight].

However, there are some shia's who go into excess and begin to say and do things Ali ibn Abi Talib [as] never asked them to do, or even warned them against doing. There are also some who certainly do not give the prophet [saw] enough importance.

On 14.4.2017 at 7:43 PM, Haydar Husayn said:

I'm sure the dispute with Sunnis is definitely a factor, but I don't believe that fully explains it. Even amongst themselves Shias talk about Imam Ali and Imam Husayn for more than the Prophet. They are far more familiar with their biographies than that of the Prophet, and are far more likely to use them as examples. If you ask the average Shia to tell you about the life of the Prophet, it will be a narrative centred around Imam Ali. Another example that could given is how many people say 'Ya Ali' as opposed to 'Ya Muhammad'.

Like I said, everyone knows what the 'right' answer to the question is, so nobody is ever going to admit to this, but it's fairly obvious to an outsider.

So you are saying you love Ali as. more than the prophet and messenger of Allah?

The quran and the prophet ask us to love Imam Ali AS and ahlalbayat AS and thats what Shia follow

Edited by skyweb1987

12 hours ago, skyweb1987 said:

The quran and the prophet ask us to love Imam Ali AS and ahlalbayat AS and thats what Shia follow

Neither the quran nor the prophet asks us to love Ali as. more than our prophet, Allahs Messenger and best human in history.

2 hours ago, Muslim96 said:

Neither the quran nor the prophet asks us to love Ali as. more than our prophet, Allahs Messenger and best human in history.

where is the evidence of your such that Shia love more Ali than the prophet?

It is not true as i have clarified in my post

16 hours ago, skyweb1987 said:

where is the evidence of your such that Shia love more Ali than the prophet?

It is not true as i have clarified in my post

Please read the posts. I did not say that but ASKED if the brother loves Ali as. more than Muhammad sas. and am waiting for an answer.