Rate this topic

(wasalam)

I wouldn't say they're lunatics per se, more likely just good hearted folk who didn't study up enough on the speaker they brought.

Also, I understand the permissibility about ghiba of those who pub locally sin or something along those lines, but are we allowed to be calling him names like clown and such (which he isn't necessarily)?

The guy is spreading kufr and fitna all over the place, and we should be concerned about people calling him names?

The guy is spreading kufr and fitna all over the place, and we should be concerned about people calling him names?

We are no different if we don't have basic ahlaq. We should approach this with a mature manner.

In His Name, the Most High

Salaams

Many had warned about such people (i.e. Mr Tawhidi) - and those who mentor and nurture them (i.e. Yasir Habib, Mujtaba Shirazi and others), yet people refused to listen and pay heed to the warnings.

The cancer of these faseqeen has begun to spread, yet it is still not too late. Awareness and education is key. Wisdom and appropriate words are key. People should be smarter and realise when an Amameh is either purchased or hereditary, and when it is actually earned through hard work. In both cases the reality of a given situation is evident, yet people - it would seem - choose entertainment over education. Hence they are given such mufsedeen as their just deserts.

As people, there has to be a move to keep such mufsedeen as Mr Tawhidi and his associates and those who come from a similar pathway.

Mr Tawhidi is not alone as a person who speaks ignorantly and obnoxiously from the mimbar, there are others who in the near past have spoken in such a fashion and will speak in a worse fashion, who have encouraged the young to look down (i.e. look arrogantly) upon both their elders and their parents, who use foul language.

Remember as it has been said previously in this forum (not neccessarily on this thread and possibly a number of years ago) - do not look at the size of the person's amameh. Rather, follow the maxim given to us by Imam Ali(A):

"Look at WHAT is being said, rather than WHO is saying it"

Also, if we work to learn what the Truth is through reflection, study, reading, etc - then we will by extension be able to acertain who the people of Truth are. If we don't know Truth - then it will be impossible to know those who are the people of Truth - and anyone who overtly gives the impression of being such will become in the opinion of the ignorant, a person of Truth.

Remember also, that in the last days before the return of our Master(AJ), there will be monkeys upon the mimbar "teaching" the people.

We should also adapt ourselves to Islam, rather than attempting to modify Islam to adapt to our whims and desires.

With prayers for your success,

With Salaams and Dua's

Mokhtar

I think it is harmful to let these psuedo scholars to be very popular to the limit that we need such announcemnt for the whole shia community. It hurts the image of the religious institution, religion men, religion teachings and the high religion figures (Imams and prophets).

And, look at the manipulation! Allah = Ali means that whoever reaches Ali has reached Allah. While that is true and the Aimmah are the way to understanding Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì , that's not what the equal sign means in Maths.

Salaam Allaikum everyone,

This individual is well known in the hawza amongst the brothers who are studying there. ...

What's to say this is true?

https://www.facebook...&type=1

This is from his facebook page that is still up - look at this Kufr:

I can't see most of the posts or pictures on his facebook profile. So much for "the time for taqiyya is over"....

(bismillah)

(salam)

One of the facebook photos.

309382_474666965877668_2009038373_n.jpg

That's horrible. They should place that marja' under house arrest and arrest and beat his followers and associates. Oh wait.

Edited by Ali

I can't see most of the posts or pictures on his facebook profile. So much for "the time for taqiyya is over"....

That's horrible. They should place that marja' under house arrest and arrest and beat his followers and associates. Oh wait.

at every oppertunity youll try to create rift, and off topic hit outs at personalities, hmmm

at every oppertunity youll try to create rift, and off topic hit outs at personalities, hmmm

Maybe that post was confusing, let me clarify three points:

I'm not defending Br Tawhidi by saying this. I mean he's exposed himself enough already with his lectures and online posts, who's to say this story isn't a rumor itself? I personally know the people at the center where he's lecturing in the videos posted, and if I were to confront them with this story it wouldn't look good, it would look like I was looking for any reason to go against him.

He's being a hypocrite by his own "Yasir Habib follower" standards, who believe we shouldn't abuse taqiyya, then why retract all those posts and set private settings to his facebook profile?

As I expected, when he tries to show people he's aligned with one of the top marja's in the world he believes he gains legitimacy. Now people are eager to target the marja' for this.

Please clerify:

Brother Tawhedi: If u reach Ali then you have reached Allah.

What is wrong here?

What is wrong is that if that's what he meant, he should phrase his sentences properly. Ali = Allah , Naudhubillah, does not mean if you reach Ali, you have reached Allah.

Moreover, even if he can rationalise this, how do you explain away a statement like if Allah has not done so, Imam Ali could create himself?????

(wasalam)

I wouldn't say they're lunatics per se, more likely just good hearted folk who didn't study up enough on the speaker they brought.

Also, I understand the permissibility about ghiba of those who pub locally sin or something along those lines, but are we allowed to be calling him names like clown and such (which he isn't necessarily)?

He is worse than that, but I didn't want to use filthy words like he uses.

He is directly contributing to oppression of Shia in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, and other places.

He is helping the cause of Wahabism and is a recruiting tool for them and helps the cause of Zionism.

What is worse is that he puts on Amama and goes on the minbar, as if he represents Shia Islam or a certain group

of Shia beyond maybe a few hundred.

Clown was the mildest word I could come up with.

Edited by Abu Hadi

"The existence of Mohammad (saww) was dependent on the existence of Ali (a.s)."

Ummm .... how? This guy HAS to be a Wahhabi in taqiyyah. He is basically taking all of their accusations against us and trying to prove them. I bet Saudi paid for his 3amammah.

Edited by Ismi_Zayn

On 4/2/2013 at 5:08 PM, Ismi_Zayn said:

Ummm .... how? This guy HAS to be a Wahhabi in taqiyyah. He is basically taking all of their accusations against us and trying to prove them. I bet Saudi paid for his 3amammah.

That did cross my mind as well, but then I don't think a Wahhabi would ever say the things he has about `Aisha and `Umar.

The fact is there are quite a few Shias with really deviant beliefs, and he is just a little bit worse.

As saduq narrates: qala rasool Allah saws: ya Ali inni mohtajun alayka fid dunya wal akhira.

What is wrong is that if that's what he meant, he should phrase his sentences properly. Ali = Allah , Naudhubillah, does not mean if you reach Ali, you have reached Allah.

Moreover, even if he can rationalise this, how do you explain away a statement like if Allah has not done so, Imam Ali could create himself?????

Ayatollah Khomeini quotes a hadees which I can remember full in arabic

. It says Allah azwj says: Kunto kanzal maqfiyya...I was a hidden treasure and I wished to be known ...he explains that the 'was' 'treasure' etc doesn't suit Allah azwj and it was the Wali who was the treasure and says thing very similar to what this guy said.

To me he is an idiot muqassir who is out there to manipulate and present things which maybe true if presented correctly

You think he is a Muqassir?... Wow. Isn't a Muqassir someone who doesn't give the Imams their rightly status? He is far from that. You can just read his posts that reek of Kufr to feel sick in the stomach.

They a.s are not Allah azwj right? So he if he believes that they a.s are Allah azwj then he is a muqassir to me. You can call him other names n its up to u.

shocking just shocking

is this really shia islam? if this guy represents shia islam i will be the first to leave this religion

but wait isnt yassir habib and cryous the same idealogy as this guy?

You can always trust siraatoaliyinhaqqun to come and defend the ghulat or some ghali ideas.

In some ways those who are worse than the outright ghulat, are the useful idiots that come along and say "well, maybe what he is saying can be interpreted in such a way that it is not clear cut shirk". I'm sorry, but there is no possible way anyone who believes in tawheed should be writing anything close to Allah = Ali (`audhubillah). Some things should just not be said or written. And as for those morons that like to provoke 'Wahhabis' by making shirk-like statements, and then trying to wriggle out of them with convoluted explanations, I think it shows how little respect they have for Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì to be playing such games.

On 4/2/2013 at 6:19 PM, Zulakha said:

shocking just shocking

is this really shia islam? if this guy represents shia islam i will be the first to leave this religion

but wait isnt yassir habib and cryous the same idealogy as this guy?

I think the fact that there is (near) unanimity on this shows that this has nothing to do with Shia Islam, in any of it's forms. However, I do think there is an underlying problem among many Shias, that people have their heads in the sand about. Such beliefs don't come out of nowhere.

In some ways those who are worse than the outright ghulat, are the useful idiots that come along and say "well, maybe what he is saying can be interpreted in such a way that it is not clear cut shirk". I'm sorry, but there is no possible way anyone who believes in tawheed should be writing anything close to Allah = Ali (`audhubillah).

You sometimes regret defending others from getting insulted, when you see the same people you defended use the same insults at other Shia brothers and I don't mean this Tawhidi guy.

Guys,

Can I clarify something re: Brother Tawhidi? I feel like having met him and known him personally and very closely for a few weeks, I need to add my 2 cents.

Back in Muharram we invited brother Tawhidi over to Ottawa (Canada) as per recommendation from a friend we had in Iran. Brother Tawhidi did a decent job with the lectures being the young person that he is and attracted the youth and was a hit in the first few days Alhamdullilah. His main goal was to be there for the youth and he showed willingness to learn and take criticism as much as possible. I cannot comment on what went on privately with the brother other than he really is a truly "fun" guy to hang around with despite his views being a little out of this world on a few subjects, mostly issues he had already tweeted and posted on his facebook wall. Like I said though, these issues were private between a closed shia circle. Unfortunately, the issues began when these private discussion grew to public and his views were shared publically where many did not appreciate or felt comfortable hearing or having their kids hear. Needless to say, many complained.

We did ask the brother to tone it down, which he did as much as possible, but unfortunately you cannot get that pro-Yasir Habeeb/Mujstaba Shirazi out of someone once its in.

That being said, the brother has a lot of potential and is a great speaker none the less. I do feel like we need to calm down in this thread and not result to unproven claims or personal attacks on the man. Though I whole heartedly agree with the majority that the brother's posts on Facebook and twitter are embarrassing to say the least and damaging to Shiism beyond repair, I do believe he is slowly realizing that he could be a great asset to Shii'sm by taking a more liberal, constructive and diplomatic approach. That being said, ShiaChat is popular when it comes to SEO by Google. The second someone google's "brother tawhidi", this thread is the first that comes up. Having said that, I think its unconstructive to tarnish a brother's reputation in a thread such as this one despite the fact that he is already doing that on his own across social networks. Him deleting his Facebook and twitter accounts could be signs of him maturing as a student of the hazwa and if he decides in the future that he wishes to start a new page and have this thread deleted, I hope that you can all support this.

Inshallah this is resolved soon. If brother Tawhidi wishes to sign up and respond to this, it may be beneficial.. But that's up to him. We'd love to have him as a guest for example in our Sunni/Shia debates forum as he's excellent when it comes to these discussions but unfortunately with what's been going on, it would be very difficult.

P.S: I will be monitoring this thread and deleted unproven claims much like I would for any other person who's being accused without proof.

Inshallah khair..

Wait... So a guy with clearly deviant views (to put it mildly) should be encouraged to 'tone it down' for the sake of being an asset to the Shia youth?

No. What he needs to be encouraged to do is publicly repent of his kufr and shirk, disown those views in the strongest possible terms, and then go back to studying for a while before speaking again.

If he is indeed considered a good speaker by the 'youth' (and if that is the case, then God help them), then that makes him even more dangerous. Nothing worse than a deviant with charisma.

Edited by Haydar Husayn