Rate this topic

(salam)

This is a public service message to the community at large in regards to an individual who is purporting to be a scholar of the howza.

I am aware of the sensitive nature of these types of subjects, and I am only doing this as a duty for the believers to not become misguided by such individuals. This particular individual has been warned by others about his behavior but thus far has not heeded these words.

His own statements and behavior actually expose him on their own, and when reading the things that he writes one can see clearly already that he is not a person who carries the akhlaq and wisdom of Ahlulbayt (as).

However what is important here is he is damaging the institution and the Maraja in the eyes of the people.

This individual is going by the name of "Brother Tawheedi".

He has set up for him self a facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/BrotherTawhidi

As well as a twitter page:

https://twitter.com/BrotherTawhidi

He is also in the process of starting his own website, which (alhamdulillah) at this point is not functional:

http://www.tawhidi.com/

He has been speaking at various venues internationally.

Edited by Muhammed Ali
change title adding Mohammad

When he put a picture of a camel wearing latex books, captions `A'ishah followed by some stuff I shouldn't repeat, I realized it was time to delete him from my friends list. God help the fool who listens to him..

Case in point from his twitter feed:

1. Brother Tawhidi@BrotherTawhidi 23 Mar
    If Jesus a.s created a bird, then Imagine what Imam Ali (a.s) could create?
    Expand

2. 0781d8ebf42c3ba3ad3459a961f7005c_normal.jpegBrother Tawhidi@BrotherTawhidi 23 Mar
    Imam Ali (a.s) could have created me the exact same way Allah Almighty did.
    And may I ask who this "trusted source" is?

(bismillah)

(salam)

Brother Tawhidi is a disgrace to humanity and those who respect him are fools. I am sorry if some people are offended by my words but we need to stop allowing such vile people to take up these positions. This is not an isolated problem. It doesn't take a genius to work out which of them are genuine or not, but unfortunately our community has difficulty discerning the goodness of a person. I personally know of one hawzawi individual who wore the turban and sat on pulpits but did not even pray or fast!! At one point he became the spokesperson for one of the largest Shia organisations in the world.

It's a shame that we have become like sunnis.

May Allah reward you for opening this thread.

I could say more but ..."O' Ibn `Abbas it was like the foam of a Camel which gushed out but subsided".

Edited by Muhammed Ali

I didn't want to comment here but when I read this comment below, I had no choice but to reply.

It's a shame that we have become like sunnis.

You should have said: 'It is a shame that we are following true Shiasm (i.e saying disgusting stuff about mother of believers and takfir of Sahaba and calling them homosexuals etc).'

Edited by Abul Hussain Hassani

I didn't want to comment here but when I read this comment below, I had no choice but to reply.

You should have said: 'It is a shame that we are following true Shiasm (i.e saying disgusting stuff about mother of believers and takfir of Sahaba and calling them homosexuals etc).'

You are a sunni. The problem with sunnis is that they are willing to overlook the unacceptable crimes of some people, i.e. the so called sahabah. The sunnis don't stop with these 'sahabah', they do the same with their ulama and political leaders That is why I said that we have become like sunnis. The correct path is to have high standards for our leaders. The worst among the sunnis are wahabis. Their leaders have the worst akhlaq. Brother Tawhidi would make a good wahabi sheikh.

BTW this is not an attack on sunni people themselves since most humans are like that, and there are some good sunni people. It is a criticism of a mindset that refuses to admit the severe sins of it's leaders.

Edited by Muhammed Ali

You are a sunni. The problem with sunnis is that they are willing to overlook the unacceptable crimes of some people, i.e. the so called sahabah.

BTW this is not an attack on sunni people themselves since most humans are like that, and there are some good sunni people. It is a criticism of an ideology that refuses to admit the severe sins of their leaders.

The Problem with Shia is that they overlook the service and sacrifices that Sahaba made for Islam, Allah and the Messenger (saw) and only see their mistakes that are nothing when compared with their good works.

I don't want argue about this issue anymore as it is off-topic.

Edited by Abul Hussain Hassani

I hope I am wrong but is he a Ghulat???

On his twitter he posts:

If Imam Ali (a.s) wanted to make a grain of sand rise to the sky and do a better job than Allah Almighty's sun, he could.
Those that worship Imam Ali (a.s) are indeed Kafir. But i have to say... What an amazing god they have.
Imam Ali (a.s) could have created me the exact same way Allah Almighty did.
As a Rafithi, my religion is not Islam. My religion is Imam Ali (a.s).
Other than Allah Almighty, only Imam Ali (a.s) is able to sit his throne.
If my Marja was to tell me to not curse Omar, i would curse him and omar together.
123,999 Prophets wont make up 0.1% of Imam Ali (a.s).

:no:

Edited by Repentant

The Problem with Shia is that they overlook the service and sacrifices that Sahaba made for Islam, Allah and the Messenger (saw) and only see their mistakes that are nothing when compared with their good works.

of course you dont...you talk like we dont like any sahabah, when that is far from it. We just distinguish right from wrong, enjoin good and forbid evil, while you sunnis like to enjoin good and evil, especially evil. We dont take sahabas higher than the prophet. Sahabas are not all good.

The sort of shia who may respect Brother Tawhidi have the same attitude that you have demonstrated. It is the standard response given by such people. Mistakes and lesser sins can be overlooked for the leaders. We can even forgive the greater sins of our fellow muslims, but we can't say that they are great people (unless they truly improved and changed their ways). However we need to wake up and realise that Allah made this life a test for us, and among the tests is to use our intellect to realise the fact that evil is mixed with good. An evil person uses goodness to disguise their evil. To make the test more difficult, Allah has allowed some of the evil people to be inclined towards goodness, even though they are ultimately bad people.

So the sahabah did a few good things - tell me do you not believe that some people with bad beliefs or actions did many good things? Are the peadophile catholic leaders not people who do a lot of community work? Isn't Bob Geldof an Atheist? Don't the sufis condemn the wahabi clerics for being deviated even though some wahabi clerics are known to weep when they lead the prayers? Don't the wahabis condemn the sufis for having corrupt beliefs, even though the sufis spend hours in worship?

If you are willing to condemn all these people who did many good deeds along with their evil deeds, why do you make the sahabah and your leaders an exception?

You are right, this is off topic and we should end it.

Edited by Muhammed Ali

Stop derailing this thread. With all due respect, this is not a Sunni/Shia issue so we don't need your input.

Thank you for sharing that.

Unfortunately, there will be some ignorant minded people out there who would start following him with passion in no time, we need to distance ourselves with these people who don't have the Akhlaq our Prophet (pbuh) and his family (as) thought us to have.

I don't get their agenda, except more animosity and stereotypes, what the hell will they gain from throwing vile insults to others?

May Allah (swt) protect us all from the extremist-minded people.

Edited by GreyMatter