repenter

Unity Amongst Shias - Most Important

Rate this topic

121 posts in this topic

On ۱۳۹۱/۱۲/۲۳ at 7:28 AM, IQRA07 said:

YES !

I am Shia but I was not raised as one . I wasn't even raised as a muslim. THIS is my 1st opportunity ever to be a part of a Shia community because where I live and come from we are few and far between. The wahabbis and salafis are united in hating us though. I know this because since before I became Shia I have been witnessing this hatred.

In fact the reason I became Shia is that I was originally a salafi and knew nothing about Sia but I kept hearing comments in the masjid against the Shia. Therefore I picked up a book and read about what the difference between us is/was and Allah (SWT) moved my heart to become Shia.

Now after all this I don't want to see bickering amongst us. The wahabbis don't even consider us to be muslims and there are others who don't as well. we are a minority. We really should do our best to be civilized with each other. Believe me I may not have been a Shia all my life but I HAVE been Black all my life so now I'm a double minority. I know the value of unity

I strongly believe all Shias and Sunnis are expected to focus on their common beliefs to defeat Wahhabis and Takfiris.

On 2/28/2013 at 6:01 AM, repenter said:

(bismillah)

Dear brothers and sisters.

Lately I have noticed that Shiachat and it's members, including me have changed for the worse. Shiachat in itself is just a website, but it is also the biggest shia community. Granted that it is digital, but in todays day and age, it is equally reflective and mirrors what shias believe and how they behave than it does in physical life. Perhaps even more.

However, we are in a bad spot here. I am talking about the behavior and conduct of shiachat members, and their lack of understanding the effects of their words. Both how it affects other shias and how it looks in the eyes of our enemies. I am saying shiachat member, because I myself am a member and take equal part in this act.

Some points:

1. Issue: We are constantly criticizing the Ulama. Now this in itself is ok, but everyone knows by now that it has gotten way out of hand. We all have different marjas, and we all have different opinions on their actions. But that does not give us the right to cause turmoil in public. Shiachat, is public, and the worst thing we can do is to show the enemies of AhlulBayt that we have such low opinions about each other.

It often turns into personal insults and really bad behavior in the name of criticizing. What this does is create hatred towards each other, and nothing.....NOTHING, pleases the wahabis more than this. I have witnessed now from a discussion that i had with a wahabi that we are in bad shape. He specifically pointed out shiachat, and i had nothing to defend our behavior with. It truly broke my spirit, hence me making this thread.

1. Solution: No matter how the Marjas behave and how much we disagree, we must remember we are in the same camp. Marjas are our generals and we are the soldiers. The generals might disagree, and some generals might misbehave. But that does not give us the right to disrupt the peace between ourselves. The only thing we have in this world is Allah, Ahlulbayt and our brothers and sisters in faith.

Let us now focus on creating threads that show the unity we have. Let us create threads that are intellectual and smart in purpose. Let us create posts and threads that promote Shia Islam, not tare it down. This is what discomforts the wahabis and whoever is against the Ahlulbayt. This is what causes their despair and strikes fear in their heart, our strong unity.

If we happen to create threads that show sings of getting out of hand, it is the responsibility of every shia to respond with respect and behavior that the Ahlulbayt has taught us. Speak gently, and if someone disagrees, then respond respectfully and with dignity. If someone does go out of hand, let's all join in and stop such behavior.

I am certain, that when Imam Mahdi looks upon our behavior as of late, and i am sure he does, he is extremely disappointed. There is nothing wrong with holding back and controlling what you want to say.

Let us respect each others marjas and ulama, no matter how much we disagree, and show the world that we stand united regardless. I know it might sound cheesy, but this is the way it should be. If you don't believe in the Marja of your fellow brother or sister, at least believe in the brother or sister themselves and love them mainly because they love AhlulBayt. This is the code of Ziyarat Ashura!

2. Issue: Nationalism! Even though we perhaps never mention the nationality that we have a problem with, the undertone is there. What is this nonsense? Since when did Allah or Ahlulbayt love anyone for their passport and place of birth? It is clear as day that we have issues with nationalities, and sometimes it comes off as a joke, but any sane person that understands linguistics and how it is used, will see that there is a nationalistic tension between members.

2. Solution: Again, it is the responsibility of shia members to stop this. Everyone must join in and firstly correct their on behavior, secondly be smart and noticing such things, and finally speak out in a proper manner about it.

3. Issue: The urge to answer. We can see that sometimes someone creates a thread about Yasser Habib, or Nasrullah, or Shirazis, Khamenei, Hezbollah, Iran, Iraq, etc etc. And we have this urge to show our disgust with the article or case that the thread starter is presenting.

3. Solution: Control your urge as much as you can. You don't have to answer negatively to it every time, there is no purpose to it other than starting a big mess.

I am not ordering, i am merely asking in the name of Allah and everything that we hold dear, namely the AhlulBayt whom are dearer to us than our parents and our lives that we start changing. Pitch in and be constructive. Our main enemy is wahabis whom are killing Shias day in and day out, and they laugh and point their dirty fingers at us. This is the platform we can use to do our part in showing that no matter how much we disagree on certain issues, we won't let them have the pleasure of seeing it or taking joy from it.

I hope you take this into consideration.

Wasalam

We Sunni's have this very same problem.  I fear the problem of the Ummah and muslim people extend beyond political, historical and theological beliefs and interpretations. The larger we become, the more we must divide.

I believe before Sunni and Shia can unite, they must unite from among themselves. 

We should all speak and treat each other with dignity. 

Quite frankly, Sunni's are their own worst enemy. 

Panzerwaffe likes this

Masha Allah, Thanks for your post. 

In real life, this kind of behavior makes me stay away from community. 

Thanks to show that there are many people think like you.

Unity amongst Shias is no doubt important.

Unity amongst ALL muslims is even more important. Why should we let our enemies divide and rule us ? Let's concentrate on our similarities not our minor differences.

We all fast - so why worry if others fast 1 day before or after ? Let Allah judge.

We all recite the same Qur'an  -  so why worry if others interprete it differently ? Let Allah judge.

We all respect our Prophet Mohammed pbuh - so why worry if others say his actions were different to yours ? Let Allah judge.

We all don't drink alcohol ; don't eat haram ; etc etc  - so why worry if others sing songs or dance or not wear hijab ? Let Allah judge. 

We all know that killing a fellow muslim or even another human being is wrong - so we should encourage our leaders to speak out against these murderers.   

If any Imam curses another muslim - shame on him. Who is he to play God?

MustafaE likes this

Rough English translation from Ayatullah Khamenei video in Farsi:

Islam is not against other religions or people. Islam is against oppression, arrogance and injustice. The only cure for the Muslim world today is unity. Let the scholars of Muslims sit together and unite and do not allow zealots and closed minded people to call other Muslims infidel.

kirtc and guest051217 like this

On 4/20/2013 at 7:39 PM, neol said:

Also i find that in several instances the Sunni schools are bashed by the shia's on this shiachat site.

i want to learn more about Sunni Islam and their schools and the differences because i live in a country with total population 1.4 million and of those 275,000 are Muslims, but only about 500-600 are shia and that may be an over estimate.

but i have several Sunni friends and co workers who are good Muslims, and i hate to hear generalized basking and consistent criticism of Sunnis.

which country is this ?

Oh my beautiful brothers and sisters don't ever think your a minority when Allah has placed the holy cloak of his beloved  muhammad (saw) and his transcended family ahlul bayt over the shia people I,ll stand with you don't worry this is a good sign of unity

From your sunni brother

Hameedeh and guest051217 like this

Shiachat.com is a great platform, we should spread it more and more as it brings us in contact with our community world wide

The need of the hour....We should make our community, strong connected and well coordinated

guest051217 likes this

Agreed 

I think moderate /sufi Sunnis and Shia both share a common wahab e enemy 

But the rise of a ultra puritin evangelical shiasm post revolution iran is as threatening to unity as wahabi Fitna 

Dial down the self righteous Ness and rhetoric ...live and let live  

Remember we all fight over historical sources which we cannot change now 

Edited by Panzerwaffe

Bismillah ir-Rahman ir-Raheem

All praise be to Allāh, glorified and exelled be he creator of the Heavens and Earth and what is between it.

May Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì accept our Deeds Ameen.

True brother the concept of Unity can be found within the Quran itself and must be considered:

Holy Quran 3:103
------------------
وَاعتَصِموا بِحَبلِ اللَّهِ جَميعًا وَلا تَفَرَّقوا ۚ وَاذكُروا نِعمَتَ اللَّهِ عَلَيكُم إِذ كُنتُم أَعداءً فَأَلَّفَ بَينَ قُلوبِكُم فَأَصبَحتُم بِنِعمَتِهِ إِخوٰنًا وَكُنتُم عَلىٰ شَفا حُفرَةٍ مِنَ النّارِ فَأَنقَذَكُم مِنها ۗ كَذٰلِكَ يُبَيِّنُ اللَّهُ لَكُم ءايٰتِهِ لَعَلَّكُم تَهتَدونَ

And hold firmly to the rope of Allah all together and do not become divided. And remember the favor of Allah upon you - when you were enemies and He brought your hearts together and you became, by His favor, brothers. And you were on the edge of a pit of the Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus does Allah make clear to you His verses that you may be guided.

Holy Quran 8:46
------------------
وَأَطيعُوا اللَّهَ وَرَسولَهُ وَلا تَنٰزَعوا فَتَفشَلوا وَتَذهَبَ ريحُكُم ۖ وَاصبِروا ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصّٰبِرينَ

And obey Allah and His Apostle and do not quarrel for then you will be weak in hearts and your power will depart, and be patient; surely Allah is with the patient.

Holy Quran 6:159
------------------
إِنَّ الَّذينَ فَرَّقوا دينَهُم وَكانوا شِيَعًا لَستَ مِنهُم فى شَيءٍ ۚ إِنَّما أَمرُهُم إِلَى اللَّهِ ثُمَّ يُنَبِّئُهُم بِما كانوا يَفعَلونَ

Surely they who divided their religion into parts and became sects, you have no concern with them; their affair is only with Allah, then He will inform them of what they did.

From these verses clearly we can see that Shia Unity must be Wajib! 

Unfortunately we have the so called Shias hiding somewhere in London and going on television insulting Ayatullah Khamenei, Shahidul Islam Ayatullah Baqir al-Sadr, Imam Khomeini, Ayatullah Taqi Bahjat etc.

May Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì guide us all to Sirataal Mustaqeen!

MariyahLaleh likes this

Shia unity is most important because we have many enemies worldwide recently people hates even more then before therefore we must unite under the banner of marjiyyah and think 1000 times before we do a action or a anything in life because enemies has eyes over us every day and night we dont realise it wake up brother and sisters before its to late.

Posted (edited)

We shia's must be united. Wilayah is thicker than blood.

Edited by QuranandAhlulbayt

Thank you  for your addressing this issue. Since I am new to this platform and have only been shia since Muharram ( I came home from the Sunni side just this year.)  One of the issues I had with where I  came from was I perceived as fitna and inconsistency with the Islam I was raised with and where it is going. I will post on occasion but will not post opinions until i Mature. May we all follow in peace!

On 11/15/2016 at 2:21 PM, raza82 said:

which country is this ?

I will not be a basher, but can answer about Sunnis in My part of the world. I was born and raised in the region near Adana, turkiye near the Syrian border.