Rate this topic

Very nice post. Unity is strength and we all are in the same boat of aliyun-wali-yullah - may we get to salvation.

There is an interesting volunteer network started in Houston called Houston2020. Goal of it is to unite all the centers in Houston, by connecting the community. You can get more info on them at www.houston2020.org.

Also, they are running a fundraiser for collecting donations for the first graveyard owned by momeneen in Houston - the Jafariya Cemetery (www.jafariyacemetery.org). 

They are running the 20-5-5 challenge (everyone donate $20, and forward the message to 5 of your near and dear ones, in next 5 minutes). Interesting crowdfunding, giving everyone a chance to participate in amal-e-khair. You can donate @ https://www.youcaring.com/JafariyaCemeteryFundraiser

No let's be clear now, unity is nice but our great shieks ( the original shias) said ghulattis were najis. why should we hold another opinion of those who have perverted shia Islam and have made it a cult of voodoo practices???

We need to draw the line folks because in fifty years it may not be ISIS but the [others] on your doorstep.

Mod Note: Member warned to use respect toward all ulema.

Sobhan Allah.

I have been a member now for a couple weeks or so.

Proud to be a Muslim, Proud to be a Shia

We love our creator Allah swt as we have been shown to love by our Prophet Mohammed PBUH and his family. 

We follow the Ahlulbayt as the true successors to the Prophet as chosen by Allah swt.

When I was introduced to this website by my baby sister (Sobhan Allah so cute) lol Now almost 3 weeks on I have noticed the different opinions of many brothers and sisters and how we get upset when someone posts something there marja does not agree with. (Give your opinion and move on)

I was speaking to her about 30 minutes before I posted this because I was going to put a new topic regarding this problem. Hamdella I found this topic before I posted a double topic.

Having different opinions on certain aspects of this magnificent religion should not cause friction. Even a couple days ago I seen people who follow one Jurisprudence trying to force there opinion on someone following a different Jurisprudence.

Sobhan Allah brothers and sisters, this is the kind of bickering that causes the hart to darken. If I can eat gelatin and you cant, should we have a boxing match ? Should these small things that hold no weight in the overall Umah put the Umah down ?

Wake up people, we are 1 and should remain 1.

Inshallah, our awaited Imam Al Mehdi ATFS will come to us and put shame to people who are putting down this beloved religion.

Allah swt created for us a brain so that we can use proper judgment and evaluate everything. Lets not put our brain to the shameful act of attacking ourselves.

Its time we come together not drive each other away.

May Allah swt bless every follower of Ahlul Bayt and grant them Paradise and forgive them for all there sins.

Salam alaikum

I think stating an opinion is a great way to find solutions or give various answers to someone's question however when people start fighting over their opinions is when it creates chaos. I think everyone should be calm and respect each other and what they have to say, other than that I love shiachat! You get so much to learn!!

When I was introduced to this website by my baby sister (Sobhan Allah so cute) lol .

Ur lucky they don't know who ur sister is lol

Sobhan Allah.

Inshallah, our awaited Imam Al Mehdi ATFS will come to us and put shame to people who are putting down this beloved religion.

May Allah swt bless every follower of Ahlul Bayt and grant them Paradise and forgive them for all there sins.

Even though I'm not with Wilayat al-Faqih except with Imam al-Mahdi ATFS, I do agree that us Rafidha Shia should unite,

What's the point of going against people who r on the same team as us,

@OP, this is very responsible of you to take the initiative and call out for the better in people. Inshallah the maners we know are correct are implemented in our actions (like you suggested). And may Allah (swa) bless and keep you safe.

No let's be clear now, unity is nice but our great shieks ( the original shias) said ghulattis were najis. why should we hold another opinion of those who have perverted shia Islam and have made it a cult of voodoo practices???

We need to draw the line folks because in fifty years it may not be ISIS but th er [others] on your doorstep.

Well you cannot just go around and snub everyone you think has a different islam then you do. I would like to clue you in on something, although islam is one religion, this religion has been made to adapt to all walks of life (eg. Nationally, cultures, tribes, etc)

So when you say voodoo religion, voodooism is a religion/practice for people in Africa to adapt to the time when they were being exploited for their services and resources inhumanely. You cannot dare to criticize others for "mal practice" of Islam by another's belief without sounding like a racist who cannot seem to see beyond his own existence.

Here is a tedtalks that you really need to watch:

i thought i will learn some positive stories, comments... But its sad that the word Muslim = almost fading into dark... Now the new words came into existence... Sunni, Shia, Wahabi, Diyo Bandi.....goes to 72... Well but when i listen to Iran's leader... i always feel that We are united and We are muslims not shia or sunni. But its hurting and really sad the way we people speak about each other.... Is this a dream? we muslims will be muslims? not Shia or sunni! Or there is no hope! 

Salamun Alaykum

The main reason of disunity among the Shia is that we Shia are comming in words of every individual, everybody is going on the MEMBER and say whatsoever they want.

so first of all we shia need to think of our own what is right is right and what is wrong and this will come by studying AUTHENTIC books.

second reason of SHIA's Disunity is misbeleive among the MARAJA's. We think that they are living far away from our city they dont know what is happing over here and they dont know our problems. They only do namaz and roza their is different thinking among the maraja's?

so my dear brother and sisters this is very important for us to follow our mujtahid. They are our power they are our leaders they strarts thinking where our thinking ends. they are leaders of entire shia in whole world. this the stratgies of Dushmananey islam to devide and seperate us from maraja's we start hating them we start criticize them. But we should think that they in such a high post and they have so much knowlege that we dont know. A marja is suprime power.

This is the suggestion of our imam to follow them. So to always be in unity we all shia need to come under one roof and obey our marja/ Mujtahid. and refrain from the people who do not have knowlege or have little knowledge and say in against to our  marja.

Thankyou

Syed Mushahid Hasan Zaidi

mfz    0

(bismillah)

Dear brothers and sisters.

Lately I have noticed that Shiachat and it's members, including me have changed for the worse. Shiachat in itself is just a website, but it is also the biggest shia community. Granted that it is digital, but in todays day and age, it is equally reflective and mirrors what shias believe and how they behave than it does in physical life. Perhaps even more.

Wasalam

Mashallah! very well said... I agree

Dear brothers,

don't you think that the unity may be hard to achieve in a denomination which itself dissented from a large community. - the same spirit which triggered the birth of maverick Shia has also paved the way for all the subsequent splits and divisions. As a result, Shia has produced so many different... well... movements. by way of illustration: rafida. By contrast, Sunni Islam (ten times as big) has guarded its unity. Additionally - correct me, if I am wrong - Sunni Muslims rely on the Holy Koran and Sunna, whereas the Shia prioritize the instructions and interpretations issued by Ayatollahs, who enjoy the status of "infallible" in Shia Islam.

They have changed the faiths of Shias and some are becoming nusehri and others say we are doing azadari we don't need to offer namaz.
Now this situation really hurts there was no concept of Muqasir shias. I think its a propaganda which is really effective against shias.
Allamas and Zakirs should understand who much unity is important for Shias they should sit a platform and discuss about their faiths instead of breaking Shias 
in to groups

(bismillah)

(salam)

This is a great post, when I have debates with Sunnis online, they often refer to ShiaChat as a prime source of argumentation - it really has become a website that influences what other sects and indeed, other religions think of us. Therefore, our conduct must be of the best type.

(wasalam)

Salaam,

We need unity among sunni and shia.  We need to follow the teaching of our Prophet Muhammad Pbum above all other, imams, ayatollahs, Ali, Abu Bakr, Omar etc.  If you look to your imams rather than the prophet for your example then what type of Islam are you following?  If you love the Prophets companions more than you love the Prophet your Islam is not complete

Salam Alaykum, 

Thank you Brother Repenter for starting this thread. 

(bismillah)

I am not ordering, i am merely asking in the name of Allah and everything that we hold dear, namely the AhlulBayt whom are dearer to us than our parents and our lives that we start changing. Pitch in and be constructive. Our main enemy is wahabis whom are killing Shias day in and day out, and they laugh and point their dirty fingers at us. This is the platform we can use to do our part in showing that no matter how much we disagree on certain issues, we won't let them have the pleasure of seeing it or taking joy from it.

I hope you take this into consideration.

Wasalam

A clip that can help pave the path to recognize the real enemy and be united against them...especially seeing as to how there are both Sunnis and Shi'ie on this page...

What is it that Wahhabis see in SC that is so bad? If anything I find a huge diversity of perspectives, even if some brothers get rude sometimes. Speaking of brothers, I wonder if the demographic of SC makes it more prone to argument. I may be mistaken but I sense that it is predominantly unmarried males? Sorry if this sounds rude, but I think this could explain a lot of these issues we're having.

:bismillah:

Bismallah al rahman al raheem, In the name of Allah the most merciful, Salam u eleikum to all brothers and Sisters in faith or humanity!

We as the followers of the Divine mercy upon mankind <MUHAMMAD> saws & Lion of Allah <ALI> as we need to be Firm, United, Faithful, Brave, Struggle & Sacrifice for one another!

God says in Surat 14:27 Allah keeps firm those who believe, with the firm word, in worldly life and in the Hereafter. And Allah sends astray the wrongdoers. And Allah does what He wills. 

Imam Ali [as] Treat all people with fairness, but the believers with self-sacrifice. [Ghurar al-Hikam, no. 6342]

We are all the orphans of Muhammad and his blessed household till our Imam as arrives, so that means we are all oppressed as being part of this path, any Shia killed or oppressed anywhere unlawfully should affect us if we are true Shia's no matter what their Colour, nationality or language is!

The best [form of] justice is assisting the oppressed. Imam Ali (as)

Gods best and most important creations are the prophets and the highest one is MUHAMMAD saws & his progeny The 12 IMAMS & their true loyal loving servants the Shia's the beleivers that the earth mourns for forty mornings after their death! 

The earth mourns the death of a believer for forty mornings.” Rasulullah MUHAMMAD (saw)

So lets care for this Umma & raise ourselves and families to be united and care for one another always! 

The educated man sees with both heart & mind; the ignorant sees only with eyes. Imam Ali (as)

Insight = Baseera is one of the most important specs to attain in life, many people could have much knowledge but don't have insight! Love to Love & Hate to Hate!

Please recite the blessed Fatiha for the great Martyr Shaheed Sheikh Nimr Baqir al Nimr & all defenders of holy lands & may God almighty free the Great Sheikh Ibrahim al Zakzaky & all POW's & hasten the appearance of the Great Imam of time AL MAHDI as

God bless all my brothers & sister

Your oppressed brother in faith or humanity

Im new on Shiachat, Bravepartisan

On 3/1/2013 at 5:01 AM, repenter said:

(bismillah)

Lately I have noticed that Shiachat and it's members, including me have changed for the worse. Shiachat in itself is just a website, but it is also the biggest shia community. Granted that it is digital, but in todays day and age, it is equally reflective and mirrors what shias believe and how they behave than it does in physical life. Perhaps even more.

However, we are in a bad spot here. I am talking about the behavior and conduct of shiachat members, and their lack of understanding the effects of their words. Both how it affects other shias and how it looks in the eyes of our enemies. I am saying shiachat member, because I myself am a member and take equal part in this act.

Some points:

1. Issue: We are constantly criticizing the Ulama. Now this in itself is ok, but everyone knows by now that it has gotten way out of hand. We all have different marjas, and we all have different opinions on their actions. But that does not give us the right to cause turmoil in public. Shiachat, is public, and the worst thing we can do is to show the enemies of AhlulBayt that we have such low opinions about each other.

It often turns into personal insults and really bad behavior in the name of criticizing. What this does is create hatred towards each other, and nothing.....NOTHING, pleases the wahabis more than this. I have witnessed now from a discussion that i had with a wahabi that we are in bad shape. He specifically pointed out shiachat, and i had nothing to defend our behavior with. It truly broke my spirit, hence me making this thread.

1. Solution: No matter how the Marjas behave and how much we disagree, we must remember we are in the same camp. Marjas are our generals and we are the soldiers. The generals might disagree, and some generals might misbehave. But that does not give us the right to disrupt the peace between ourselves. The only thing we have in this world is Allah, Ahlulbayt and our brothers and sisters in faith.

Let us now focus on creating threads that show the unity we have. Let us create threads that are intellectual and smart in purpose. Let us create posts and threads that promote Shia Islam, not tare it down. This is what discomforts the wahabis and whoever is against the Ahlulbayt. This is what causes their despair and strikes fear in their heart, our strong unity.

If we happen to create threads that show sings of getting out of hand, it is the responsibility of every shia to respond with respect and behavior that the Ahlulbayt has taught us. Speak gently, and if someone disagrees, then respond respectfully and with dignity. If someone does go out of hand, let's all join in and stop such behavior.

I am certain, that when Imam Mahdi looks upon our behavior as of late, and i am sure he does, he is extremely disappointed. There is nothing wrong with holding back and controlling what you want to say.

Let us respect each others marjas and ulama, no matter how much we disagree, and show the world that we stand united regardless. I know it might sound cheesy, but this is the way it should be. If you don't believe in the Marja of your fellow brother or sister, at least believe in the brother or sister themselves and love them mainly because they love AhlulBayt. This is the code of Ziyarat Ashura!

2. Issue: Nationalism! Even though we perhaps never mention the nationality that we have a problem with, the undertone is there. What is this nonsense? Since when did Allah or Ahlulbayt love anyone for their passport and place of birth? It is clear as day that we have issues with nationalities, and sometimes it comes off as a joke, but any sane person that understands linguistics and how it is used, will see that there is a nationalistic tension between members.

2. Solution: Again, it is the responsibility of shia members to stop this. Everyone must join in and firstly correct their on behavior, secondly be smart and noticing such things, and finally speak out in a proper manner about it.

3. Issue: The urge to answer. We can see that sometimes someone creates a thread about Yasser Habib, or Nasrullah, or Shirazis, Khamenei, Hezbollah, Iran, Iraq, etc etc. And we have this urge to show our disgust with the article or case that the thread starter is presenting.

3. Solution: Control your urge as much as you can. You don't have to answer negatively to it every time, there is no purpose to it other than starting a big mess.

I am not ordering, i am merely asking in the name of Allah and everything that we hold dear, namely the AhlulBayt whom are dearer to us than our parents and our lives that we start changing. Pitch in and be constructive. Our main enemy is wahabis whom are killing Shias day in and day out, and they laugh and point their dirty fingers at us. This is the platform we can use to do our part in showing that no matter how much we disagree on certain issues, we won't let them have the pleasure of seeing it or taking joy from it.

Wasalam

I apologize, but is this really as big of a problem as it seems? I haven't seen any cases, although, granted, I am new. Also have there been others who have tried to right these wrongs?

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2013 at 3:01 AM, repenter said:

(bismillah)

However, we are in a bad spot here. I am talking about the behavior and conduct of shiachat members, and their lack of understanding the effects of their words. Both how it affects other shias and how it looks in the eyes of our enemies. I am saying shiachat member, because I myself am a member and take equal part in this act.

Some points:

1. Issue: We are constantly criticizing the Ulama. Now this in itself is ok, but everyone knows by now that it has gotten way out of hand. We all have different marjas, and we all have different opinions on their actions. But that does not give us the right to cause turmoil in public. Shiachat, is public, and the worst thing we can do is to show the enemies of AhlulBayt that we have such low opinions about each other.

It often turns into personal insults and really bad behavior in the name of criticizing. What this does is create hatred towards each other, and nothing.....NOTHING, pleases the wahabis more than this. I have witnessed now from a discussion that i had with a wahabi that we are in bad shape. He specifically pointed out shiachat, and i had nothing to defend our behavior with. It truly broke my spirit, hence me making this thread.

1. Solution: No matter how the Marjas behave and how much we disagree, we must remember we are in the same camp. Marjas are our generals and we are the soldiers. The generals might disagree, and some generals might misbehave. But that does not give us the right to disrupt the peace between ourselves. The only thing we have in this world is Allah, Ahlulbayt and our brothers and sisters in faith.

Let us now focus on creating threads that show the unity we have. Let us create threads that are intellectual and smart in purpose. Let us create posts and threads that promote Shia Islam, not tare it down. This is what discomforts the wahabis and whoever is against the Ahlulbayt. This is what causes their despair and strikes fear in their heart, our strong unity.

If we happen to create threads that show sings of getting out of hand, it is the responsibility of every shia to respond with respect and behavior that the Ahlulbayt has taught us. Speak gently, and if someone disagrees, then respond respectfully and with dignity. If someone does go out of hand, let's all join in and stop such behavior.

I am certain, that when Imam Mahdi looks upon our behavior as of late, and i am sure he does, he is extremely disappointed. There is nothing wrong with holding back and controlling what you want to say.

Let us respect each others marjas and ulama, no matter how much we disagree, and show the world that we stand united regardless. I know it might sound cheesy, but this is the way it should be. If you don't believe in the Marja of your fellow brother or sister, at least believe in the brother or sister themselves and love them mainly because they love AhlulBayt. This is the code of Ziyarat Ashura!

2. Issue: Nationalism! Even though we perhaps never mention the nationality that we have a problem with, the undertone is there. What is this nonsense? Since when did Allah or Ahlulbayt love anyone for their passport and place of birth? It is clear as day that we have issues with nationalities, and sometimes it comes off as a joke, but any sane person that understands linguistics and how it is used, will see that there is a nationalistic tension between members.

2. Solution: Again, it is the responsibility of shia members to stop this. Everyone must join in and firstly correct their on behavior, secondly be smart and noticing such things, and finally speak out in a proper manner about it.

3. Issue: The urge to answer. We can see that sometimes someone creates a thread about Yasser Habib, or Nasrullah, or Shirazis, Khamenei, Hezbollah, Iran, Iraq, etc etc. And we have this urge to show our disgust with the article or case that the thread starter is presenting.

3. Solution: Control your urge as much as you can. You don't have to answer negatively to it every time, there is no purpose to it other than starting a big mess.

Wasalam

Bismillah.

Salam Alaykum WRWB.

That is impossible to control all "Shiachat members" for the simple fact that anyone can come here, register  as a Shia but could be Wahabis and other enemies of Ahle Bait a.s and their followers. How can you prove that I am a Shia and not a Wahabi as a registered Shia member? A Shia should never, under any circumstances curse or use bad words to anyone or anybody, specially  about our highly educated scholars, no matter how much we disagree with them...that's not the personality of a follower of Ali a.s. Islam teaches us to either respect someone who is older than you or their knowledge is higher than you, (it doesn't mean that you have to agree with them, there is a difference between respect and disagreement.  I 100 % agree with you on our unity, not only Shia unity but all Muslim unity and all people of the Book unity(All the believers), We are all in this together as believers, only the damned Shaiton makes us divide (divide and rule policy)  and pretty much 99.9 % of all the people of the Book are falling for Shaiton's deceit, including our own Shia brothers and sisters specially when those of us who have no knowledge of our Deen. Unity starts from our homes, then it spreads through our community and so on and so forth. Wahabism are not only Shias enemies but they are the enemy of entire humanity and it needs to be eradicated by any means. As long as Wahabis/Salafis exist, there will never be peace on earth. Inshallah their end is very near as we can see their headquarter Saudi Arabia in total self destruction mode. Lets all pray to Almighty Allah, and ask Allah swt to hasten the reappearance of Imam Mehdi a.s.a.f. and Hazrat e Khidir a.s and Jesus Christ a.s.

Asalamo ALaykum Wa Ramatullahay Wa Barakato ya hazrat e Khidir a.s , Asalamo ALaykum Wa Ramatullahay Wa Barakato Ya Hazrat e Isa a.s Asalamo ALaykum Wa Ramatullahay Wa Barakato Ya Imam Mehdi a.s.a.f..

Wasalam.

I think we should not make our mind that we convert others into Shia. It is very important when we talk with others specially our Sunni Muslim brothers. We should not keep this thing in our mind that we will convert them into Shia. As Hazrat Ali (a.s.) says that spread message of Islam with your character. Show yourself as Ahlul Bait (a.s.) wants then others will automatically attract and will definitely listen and accept your thoughts. So please never try to convert them into Shia, just spread HAQ and you will see that Truth has much power that it will brings others to the path of Ahlul Bait (a.s.).