repenter

Unity Amongst Shias - Most Important

Rate this topic

121 posts in this topic

Why not giving importance to "Unity among Muslims" rather than to "Unity among Shias"? or Shias and Muslims are two different things?? I believe that being Shia is the second step and the first step is being Muslim... I didn't read the whole post. The title seemed biased to me so I couldnt read it all. If the author show some wisdom and make the posts so that those who are not Shias read the knowledge enriched posts and don't leave the posts because of their names.. I hope you remember the Tale of "Sulah Hudaibiya", Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) had the second part of "Bismillah" because the Kuffar, with whom the pact was being made, were not familiar with the names "Rahmaan and Raheem".. so those Muslim who are not Shias will see it inconvenient or difficult to read a post with "Shia" as its name.. I think that using the word "Muslim" or "Momin" will help all the Muslims and Momins, and also it will deny the concept of Sects (Firqa) as said in Qura'an Hakeem

"Wa`tasimu bihablillahi jamee`an wala tafarraqoo".

"And hold fast by the rope (covenant) of Allah all together and be not disunited"....

(Quraan: Sura Aal-e-Imran, Ch 3 Ayat 103)

Why not giving importance to "Unity among Muslims" rather than to "Unity among Shias"? or Shias and Muslims are two different things?? I believe that being Shia is the second step and the first step is being Muslim... I didn't read the whole post. The title seemed biased to me so I couldnt read it all. If the author show some wisdom and make the posts so that those who are not Shias read the knowledge enriched posts and don't leave the posts because of their names.. I hope you remember the Tale of "Sulah Hudaibiya", Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) had the second part of "Bismillah" because the Kuffar, with whom the pact was being made, were not familiar with the names "Rahmaan and Raheem".. so those Muslim who are not Shias will see it inconvenient or difficult to read a post with "Shia" as its name.. I think that using the word "Muslim" or "Momin" will help all the Muslims and Momins, and also it will deny the concept of Sects (Firqa) as said in Qura'an Hakeem

"And hold fast by the rope (covenant) of Allah all together and be not disunited"....

in reference to line 4-5-6: I hope you remember the Tale of "Sulah Hudaibiya", Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) had the second part of "Bismillah" erased from the paper of the pact because the Kuffar, with whom the pact was being made, were not familiar with the names "Rahmaan and Raheem"

(salam)

(facepalm) .... Okay, now that is out of the way, first read the post which you clearly did not do. In addition, and more towards what you're hinting at, why don't you just copy and paste your post except you should say, "Why not giving importance to "Unity among Muslims" rather than to "Unity among Sunnis"? or Sunnis and Muslims are two different things??"

And post it into a thread on KFC/sunniforum.com; convince them into a possible unity with the shia and when/if you do, then believe me you will not have anywhere nearly as difficult of a time trying to convince Shias to unify with sunni's. Why?! most of us already believe in it!

(wasalam)

Edited by kbsquare

(salam)

(facepalm) .... Okay, now that is out of the way, first read the post which you clearly did not do. In addition, and more towards what you're hinting at, why don't you just copy and paste your post except you should say, "Why not giving importance to "Unity among Muslims" rather than to "Unity among Sunnis"? or Sunnis and Muslims are two different things??"

And post it into a thread on KFC/sunniforum.com; convince them into a possible unity with the shia and when/if you do, then believe me you will not have anywhere nearly as difficult of a time trying to convince Shias to unify with sunni's. Why?! most of us already believe in it!

(wasalam)

I am talking about the use of the words. if u talk about "Shias" only then other sects will not give any heed to what u r saying,and Muslims include other sects also.. if u use the word "Muslim" then other sects will also listen to u, then its upto them wat they listen from wat u r telling.

I agree that there's a lot of personal attacks on SC that need to be stopped.

And I don't think saying rude things about scholars is acceptable, either, but we do need to have the freedom to criticize maraja's decisions when we disagree. I think healthy discussion is important as long as we can keep it respectful.

What is it that Wahhabis see in SC that is so bad? If anything I find a huge diversity of perspectives, even if some brothers get rude sometimes. And speaking of brothers, I wonder if the demographic of SC makes it more prone to argument. I may be mistaken but I sense that it is predominantly unmarried males? Sorry if this sounds rude, but I think this could explain a lot of these issues we're having.

Yes, I agree too.  I guess for a while, I've been pretty harsh and aggressive towards people, and I probably should have just let things go.  But I always had to counter.

It's much easier to do over the internet though.  This place is an outlet for people's subconscious, where they express themselves in ways they normally can't in real life.  Inhibitions are lifted.  Craziness happens.  If I didn't have this place, i would just be screaming at a blank wall instead. 

Umm Fatima and reisiger like this

I normally don't post much anymore because I'm quiet stuck in the middle, being a revert that dived into Sunnism going to deep and in that process finding Shi'aism diving to deep then had to just take a step back and try find my feet and try understand how to be a Good Muslim..

I have to admit Good post because I read allot on the forum and do not message allot....

Just a word to All Shias....When I reverted I got into Sunnism allot where I did find it frustarting because its hard to agree to disagree, but one thing I loved so much about Shiaism is that they actually seem as 1 group, and that always were willing to Agree to Disagree...

Even though I don't class my self as a Sunni or a Shia..I know how it feels to Love God, The Prophet and His Family...and I respect the Shia because I know that extra Love for the family can bring every dispute every disagreement in a forum like this and make you all ONE.

Good on the guy who made this POST =]

Gypsy and Islamic Salvation like this

Who says we are not united??? Definetly we are united you can see at any crucial time shias will b found united. Yes there is a little number of black Lambs in our community, they look only for selfishly advantage. But does not matter...

V r united.

Salam

Sorry for my lack of knowledge but I though all shiaa was the same. Like we have all the same thoughts and rules etc. How do we differ and who are the different schools?

Very nice post. Unity is strength and we all are in the same boat of aliyun-wali-yullah - may we get to salvation.

There is an interesting volunteer network started in Houston called Houston2020. Goal of it is to unite all the centers in Houston, by connecting the community. You can get more info on them at www.houston2020.org.

Also, they are running a fundraiser for collecting donations for the first graveyard owned by momeneen in Houston - the Jafariya Cemetery (www.jafariyacemetery.org). 

They are running the 20-5-5 challenge (everyone donate $20, and forward the message to 5 of your near and dear ones, in next 5 minutes). Interesting crowdfunding, giving everyone a chance to participate in amal-e-khair. You can donate @ https://www.youcaring.com/JafariyaCemeteryFundraiser

No let's be clear now, unity is nice but our great shieks ( the original shias) said ghulattis were najis. why should we hold another opinion of those who have perverted shia Islam and have made it a cult of voodoo practices???

We need to draw the line folks because in fifty years it may not be ISIS but the [others] on your doorstep.

Mod Note: Member warned to use respect toward all ulema.

I believe in shia nationalism which supersedes ethnic nationalism aND intrasectarian warfare

I believe in shia nationalism which supersedes ethnic nationalism aND intrasectarian rivralry

Sobhan Allah.

I have been a member now for a couple weeks or so.

Proud to be a Muslim, Proud to be a Shia

We love our creator Allah swt as we have been shown to love by our Prophet Mohammed PBUH and his family. 

We follow the Ahlulbayt as the true successors to the Prophet as chosen by Allah swt.

When I was introduced to this website by my baby sister (Sobhan Allah so cute) lol Now almost 3 weeks on I have noticed the different opinions of many brothers and sisters and how we get upset when someone posts something there marja does not agree with. (Give your opinion and move on)

I was speaking to her about 30 minutes before I posted this because I was going to put a new topic regarding this problem. Hamdella I found this topic before I posted a double topic.

Having different opinions on certain aspects of this magnificent religion should not cause friction. Even a couple days ago I seen people who follow one Jurisprudence trying to force there opinion on someone following a different Jurisprudence.

Sobhan Allah brothers and sisters, this is the kind of bickering that causes the hart to darken. If I can eat gelatin and you cant, should we have a boxing match ? Should these small things that hold no weight in the overall Umah put the Umah down ?

Wake up people, we are 1 and should remain 1.

Inshallah, our awaited Imam Al Mehdi ATFS will come to us and put shame to people who are putting down this beloved religion.

Allah swt created for us a brain so that we can use proper judgment and evaluate everything. Lets not put our brain to the shameful act of attacking ourselves.

Its time we come together not drive each other away.

May Allah swt bless every follower of Ahlul Bayt and grant them Paradise and forgive them for all there sins.

zeinab94 likes this

Salam alaikum

I think stating an opinion is a great way to find solutions or give various answers to someone's question however when people start fighting over their opinions is when it creates chaos. I think everyone should be calm and respect each other and what they have to say, other than that I love shiachat! You get so much to learn!!

When I was introduced to this website by my baby sister (Sobhan Allah so cute) lol .

Ur lucky they don't know who ur sister is lol

Sobhan Allah.

Inshallah, our awaited Imam Al Mehdi ATFS will come to us and put shame to people who are putting down this beloved religion.

May Allah swt bless every follower of Ahlul Bayt and grant them Paradise and forgive them for all there sins.

Even though I'm not with Wilayat al-Faqih except with Imam al-Mahdi ATFS, I do agree that us Rafidha Shia should unite,

What's the point of going against people who r on the same team as us,

Journey of Truth likes this

@OP, this is very responsible of you to take the initiative and call out for the better in people. Inshallah the maners we know are correct are implemented in our actions (like you suggested). And may Allah (swa) bless and keep you safe.

No let's be clear now, unity is nice but our great shieks ( the original shias) said ghulattis were najis. why should we hold another opinion of those who have perverted shia Islam and have made it a cult of voodoo practices???

We need to draw the line folks because in fifty years it may not be ISIS but th er [others] on your doorstep.

Well you cannot just go around and snub everyone you think has a different islam then you do. I would like to clue you in on something, although islam is one religion, this religion has been made to adapt to all walks of life (eg. Nationally, cultures, tribes, etc)

So when you say voodoo religion, voodooism is a religion/practice for people in Africa to adapt to the time when they were being exploited for their services and resources inhumanely. You cannot dare to criticize others for "mal practice" of Islam by another's belief without sounding like a racist who cannot seem to see beyond his own existence.

Here is a tedtalks that you really need to watch:

i thought i will learn some positive stories, comments... But its sad that the word Muslim = almost fading into dark... Now the new words came into existence... Sunni, Shia, Wahabi, Diyo Bandi.....goes to 72... Well but when i listen to Iran's leader... i always feel that We are united and We are muslims not shia or sunni. But its hurting and really sad the way we people speak about each other.... Is this a dream? we muslims will be muslims? not Shia or sunni! Or there is no hope! 

I really appreciate your brother for these precious notes you reminded us.
I do believe that the unity among shia follower is superior to the unity we seek among Shia and Sunni.

laithAlIRAQI likes this

Salamun Alaykum

The main reason of disunity among the Shia is that we Shia are comming in words of every individual, everybody is going on the MEMBER and say whatsoever they want.

so first of all we shia need to think of our own what is right is right and what is wrong and this will come by studying AUTHENTIC books.

second reason of SHIA's Disunity is misbeleive among the MARAJA's. We think that they are living far away from our city they dont know what is happing over here and they dont know our problems. They only do namaz and roza their is different thinking among the maraja's?

so my dear brother and sisters this is very important for us to follow our mujtahid. They are our power they are our leaders they strarts thinking where our thinking ends. they are leaders of entire shia in whole world. this the stratgies of Dushmananey islam to devide and seperate us from maraja's we start hating them we start criticize them. But we should think that they in such a high post and they have so much knowlege that we dont know. A marja is suprime power.

This is the suggestion of our imam to follow them. So to always be in unity we all shia need to come under one roof and obey our marja/ Mujtahid. and refrain from the people who do not have knowlege or have little knowledge and say in against to our  marja.

Thankyou

Syed Mushahid Hasan Zaidi

(bismillah)

Dear brothers and sisters.

Lately I have noticed that Shiachat and it's members, including me have changed for the worse. Shiachat in itself is just a website, but it is also the biggest shia community. Granted that it is digital, but in todays day and age, it is equally reflective and mirrors what shias believe and how they behave than it does in physical life. Perhaps even more.

Wasalam

Mashallah! very well said... I agree