#1 hasnainabbas786

hasnainabbas786

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
  • Religion:Islam - Shia

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

Asa,

Recently the UAE has started deporting Shias from the country, giving no valid reason. They are given 48 hours to leave the country. I personally know people who have been deported just because they are Shias.

Detail:

www.shiitenews.com/index.php/middle-east/6201-thousands-of-shias-forcedly-deported-from-uae

#2 dfdfRandolphdfdf

dfdfRandolphdfdf

I like cake

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Religion:Reptillianism

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

The article states 4000 Shia Immigrants are to be deported, but not every Shia in the country, there fore we can assume two things from this; 1) These Arabs don't like Immigrants, unless it's them selves. Or 2) The heads of the UAE hate Shias. I think they believe in both

Edited by dfdfRandolphdfdf, 09 February 2013 - 05:40 PM.

#3 hasnainabbas786

hasnainabbas786

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

This wasn't the case few years ago. Its weird how they are selecting people randomly and deporting them. One of our family friend were deported, just his wife, not him or their sons or their grandchildren!

#4 GreyMatter

GreyMatter

Me being a happy baby :D

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts
  • Religion:Islam
  • Interests:...

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:41 PM

This is incredibly true, many Shias regardless of their race are being deported, in large numbers.
People who are active in the community, are the first target, it is economically and psychologically damaging, for people who get kicked out for no reason, leaving their cars, personal property, assets, businesses behind

Edited by GreyMatter, 09 February 2013 - 06:41 PM.

#5 Rational Thinking

Rational Thinking

• Banned
  • 1,088 posts
  • Religion:Someone like you, someone that shares human values

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:45 PM

This is ridiculous.

#6 dfdfRandolphdfdf

dfdfRandolphdfdf

I like cake

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Religion:Reptillianism

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

This is ridiculous.

Do you have any evidence that disproves this claim, that 4000 Shias are to be deported? Or are you stating that it's ridiculous in a annoyed meaning, what exactly are you implying?

#7 siraatoaliyinhaqqun

siraatoaliyinhaqqun

Abd Ali

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,619 posts
  • Religion:12 Aimma masomeen a.s
  • Interests:Loving Mohammad wa Aale Mohammad

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

I think uae is not a good place for shias anymore. They should probably migrate elsewhere n make the idiots feel the pinch before they target shias openly

#8 Maryaam

Maryaam

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,363 posts
  • Religion:Shia

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:10 AM

Are they deporting native Shia or expats..??

Also..

I had an Iranian friend that had 2 days to get out of Qatar....like two days!! and he had his home, car and a job at the university - just had to dump it all and no reason was given. All he could think of was that he had visited the Iranian embassy...???

#9 hasnainabbas786

hasnainabbas786

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

Are they deporting native Shia or expats..??

Also..

I had an Iranian friend that had 2 days to get out of Qatar....like two days!! and he had his home, car and a job at the university - just had to dump it all and no reason was given. All he could think of was that he had visited the Iranian embassy...???

Expats..they cant deport locals.

Thats exactly whats happening, no reason!

#10 *Sayyeda*

*Sayyeda*

Healer

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

This wasn't the case few years ago. Its weird how they are selecting people randomly and deporting them. One of our family friend were deported, just his wife, not him or their sons or their grandchildren!

There's nothing random about it, these are carefully calculated decisions to remove those are most active within the Shia Ummah which will mean the Shia's who remain behind are silenced and unsupported by the most influential members of the community. This is why a certain individual from a family may be given this notice when their other family relatives are not.
I remember the days where UAE used to be a haven and a place of prosperity and hope. Wahhabism has poisoned the country to the extent that they are deporting people into countries that are considered to be unsafe and full of civil unrest. No amnesty, no refugee status, nothing.

Now UAE has revealed its true nature in openly joining the likes of Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and Bahrain.
  • GreyMatter and Enchanted like this

#11 Marbles

Marbles

Running Amok

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,666 posts
  • Religion:Mussalman
  • Interests:Pickwick Papers

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

It's been happening for quite some time in Emirates. The same in Qatar. I think Shias who are active and organise their lives around the community are spotted, taken out and deported. Reason? Paranoia, that Shias are up to something, or just plain hatred, or the combo of two.

I personally know of a Pakistani Sunni engineer with a good job who was deported because his second name was Hussain. That's the only reason that guy could think of.
  • pakistanyar likes this

#12 Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Rahbar Robin Hood of Montreal

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • Religion:Twelver Shia Islam
  • Interests:Thaqalayn, taking your khums.

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

In the civilized West, you don't get deported like this...
  • GreyMatter likes this

#13 aliasghark

aliasghark

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts
  • Interests:Table tennis

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

You just jailed and tortured, America has the largest prison population in the world (by both absolute numbers, as well as the prisoner:non-prisoner ratio):

• Dostum likes this

#14 forte

forte

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...an-embassy.html

They were given 5 days to leave.
  • Marbles and Dostum like this

#15 John Al-Ameli

John Al-Ameli

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,444 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

Thats not completely true, because the Iranians and Pakistanis that are Shia aren't getting deported. Its mainly Lebanese Shia, and Palestinians that side with Hamas.

#16 ImamAliwabas

ImamAliwabas

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Religion:shia /buddist
  • Interests:women money cars spirituality politics

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

Thats not completely true, because the Iranians and Pakistanis that are Shia aren't getting deported. Its mainly Lebanese Shia, and Palestinians that side with Hamas.

I think the GCC is taking its gloves off to deal with all islamists networks. Its not just shias but also palestinian sunnis that have been chucked out. Its obviuosly more to do with politics than just religion. Also egyptians who promote the muslim brotherhood are been locked up or deported. Their leaders don't want any headaches .

#17 GreyMatter

GreyMatter

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

I think the GCC is taking its gloves off to deal with all islamists networks. Its not just shias but also palestinian sunnis that have been chucked out. Its obviuosly more to do with politics than just religion. Also egyptians who promote the muslim brotherhood are been locked up or deported. Their leaders don't want any headaches .

While reports are coming that many Pakistani, Iranian, and Lebanese Shias are being deported, I have long wondered that Jordanian, Egyptians, and Palestinians should be deported too, due to their Islamist ties of Hamas, Brotherhood etc.

Since you mentioned it, I know it must be true but I can't find a single news reporting such instances, so can you quote it? :)

#18 ImamAliwabas

ImamAliwabas

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Religion:shia /buddist
  • Interests:women money cars spirituality politics

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

While reports are coming that many Pakistani, Iranian, and Lebanese Shias are being deported, I have long wondered that Jordanian, Egyptians, and Palestinians should be deported too, due to their Islamist ties of Hamas, Brotherhood etc.

Since you mentioned it, I know it must be true but I can't find a single news reporting such instances, so can you quote it? :)

Palestinians have been deported since 2009 there are many articles heres 1 below

http://www.haaretz.c...th-s-end-1.8448

The United Arab Emirates will deport hundreds of Palestinians living within its territory by the end of September, the Al-Quds al-Arabi daily reported on Friday.
The UAE government gave no official reason for its decision, but said that senior state officials have approved the expulsion.
Palestinian lawmaker Aataf Adwan called the decision a campaign against both Palestinians and those of other nationalities born in the UAE.
According to the Lebanese newspaper Al-Aakhbar, the UAE is also planning to deport dozens of Shi'ite Lebanese citizens. Forty-five Lebanese businessmen and clerks have already been expelled, said the report.
None of those deported were given an explanation, according to the report, other than being told the decision was security related.
Some Palestinians have already been deported for giving financial aid to family members in Gaza, said an official in the Strip's ruling Hamas movement. Hamas has asked the Arab League to intervene, fearing other Gulf states may follow suit.
More than 100,000 Palestinians currently live in the United Arab Emirates.
Egyptians are copping it too heres one example of muslim brotherhood unit been raided also egyp and uae are having many verbales over certain egyptians been locked up its in the news always.
http://www.aljazeera...1324112664.html

Security forces from the United Arab Emirates (UAE) have arrested several members of a cell, including three doctors, linked to Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood who recruited members in the Gulf state, according to a report published in the Al-Khaleej newspaper.
"United Arab Emirates security services have arrested a cell of more than 10 people belonging to the leadership of Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood," the publication reported on Tuesday, quoting what it said was an informed source.

Edited by ImamAliwabas, 10 February 2013 - 10:06 PM.

• GreyMatter likes this

#19 John Al-Ameli

John Al-Ameli

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,444 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:30 AM

Although I don't agree with what is happening in Dubai and I am against it, but to be fair let me explain what is happening, its not "Shia deportation", they are deporting Lebanese Shia that are very open about their political views fearing ties with Hezbollah, and they are doing the same with Palestinians that side with Hamas. But during the first days of the Syrian so called "revolution", many Syrians protested against al Assad regime in Dubai, and they deported these people too. I think they are trying to make Dubai a No-Politics Zone.
If they are deporting all the Shia, you would find Pakistanis and Iranians being deported. On the contrary, Pakistani and Iranian Shia are free in Dubai, they even go to Hussayniyat in Dubai, while most Lebanese Shia pray at home, and make very tiny majalis with close friends and family at home.

#20 Marbles

Marbles

Running Amok

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,666 posts
  • Religion:Mussalman
  • Interests:Pickwick Papers

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:38 AM

Although I don't agree with what is happening in Dubai and I am against it, but to be fair let me explain what is happening, its not "Shia deportation", they are deporting Lebanese Shia that are very open about their political views fearing ties with Hezbollah, and they are doing the same with Palestinians that side with Hamas. But during the first days of the Syrian so called "revolution", many Syrians protested against al Assad regime in Dubai, and they deported these people too. I think they are trying to make Dubai a No-Politics Zone.
If they are deporting all the Shia, you would find Pakistanis and Iranians being deported. On the contrary, Pakistani and Iranian Shia are free in Dubai, they even go to Hussayniyat in Dubai, while most Lebanese Shia pray at home, and make very tiny majalis with close friends and family at home.

Maybe not in Dubai but Shia deportations have happened and perhaps still happening in Qatar, including Pakistani Shias who are somewhat active in the community.

#21 John Al-Ameli

John Al-Ameli

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,444 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:46 AM

Maybe not in Dubai but Shia deportations have happened and perhaps still happening in Qatar, including Pakistani Shias who are somewhat active in the community.

Yeah now in Qatar and so, I know, but I think in Qatar they are deporting a lot of Pakistanis too. But yes the Shias have been unwanted in the Gulf. But I was talking about Dubai.
I think the Shia should lay low in countries they are working in for now. I mean, being an expat and working hard to make a living for your family is Jihad al Akbar. Work, make money, make a living for your family, help your Shia community back in your country, but don't get too active if you know this might end up with you being deported.
  • Marbles likes this

#22 Askari1

Askari1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 638 posts
  • Religion:Ithnashari

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

All the middle east arab dictatorships use deportation in 24hrs, 1hr, 5minutes, 10seconds as threats and actually do it.

#23 OsamaHatum

OsamaHatum

Ayatollah Osama Hatum

• Banned
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:The shirk of the Sunnis is worse than the shirk of the Hindus

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

Stop Sunni mushrikun think they can stop real Islam.

#24 GreyMatter

GreyMatter

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

I know a good part of the Shia community in Dubai, and unfortunately many Pakistani Shias are being kicked out.
But yea, you are right as well, Lebanese are having a tough time.

Edited by GreyMatter, 11 February 2013 - 08:19 PM.

#25 bigboss

bigboss
  • Basic Members
  • 2 posts
  • Religion:islam

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:42 PM

The decision comes from abu dhabi on who should be deported

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Deport, uae

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users