Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Abul Hussain Hassani

Ayatollah Shaykh Hossein Al-Mo'ed Becomes Sunni

67 posts in this topic

(I hope I am allowed to post this)

Shia Marja Ayatollah Shaykh Hossein al-Mo'ed converts to Sunni Islam:

Compare this man to Tijani

(Note: I am not using this video to prove that Sunni Islam is the true Islam).

Edited by Abul Hussain Hassani

Salaam bro, I'm very interested in his arguments for this. Especially how he thinks about hadith thaqalayn and how he thinks about hadith of the 12 leaders...

Also I'd like to know his thinking on AbuBakr being the first caliph and not Ali...

Thanks.

1 person likes this

(Note: I am not using this video to prove that Sunni Islam is the true Islam).

Then what are you doing?

10 people like this

authenticated biographies are needed . Since I have googled his name and only reference is this post

1 person likes this

Oh this guy.. I don't know whether he's actually converted to being a full out Sunni now or not, but for a long time he's been someone who would be talking about Islamic "unity" and trying to defend the first three, condemning cursing, etc. If you go to his site he'll even say السيدة عائشة عليها السلام... So if he's finally jumped ship completely, it's hardly a shocker.

9 people like this

Oh this guy.. I don't know whether he's actually converted to being a full out Sunni now or not, but for a long time he's been someone who would be talking about Islamic "unity" and trying to defend the first three, condemning cursing, etc. If you go to his site he'll even say السيدة عائشة عليها السلام... So if he's finally jumped ship completely, it's hardly a shocker.

Is he actually a marja?

4 people like this

Is he actually a marja?

He claims that. But would other scholars actually take him seriously as a peer is separate question though.

3 people like this

Why people so shocked about him becoming a Sunni when in reality some scholars mentality is not any different from his?.

1 person likes this

People should be aware of the perils of a neo-Batri belief set and where it leads to. Thank God for Rafd.

10 people like this

So, he was a closeted Sunni?

Thank God his true nature is exposed. Good riddance.

3 people like this

even ayatullah khamanei - i think - says we should not publically curse the first 3 or ayesha.

it's not allowed because of disunity.

i'm a shia btw

even ayatullah khamanei - i think - says we should not publically curse the first 3 or ayesha.

it's not allowed because of disunity.

i'm a shia btw

First, not many agree with that view and even those who follow him would take that Fatwa with a pinch of salt and take it to mean, don't go out into the street and start cursing them and would find no problem in doing La'an (curse may not be the right translation) on them privately as our Hadith explicitly tell us to do Bara'ah with those who usurped the right of the Imams. Also, even if we agree with that Fatwa, not doing La'an and actually saying Alaihis Salam are two completely different things so don't extend his fatwa to mean even this!

By the way, Sheikh e Macci, can't you look up which scholar gave him the permission for Ijtihad?

Also, a side question that came to my mind, can the permission for Ijtihad be revoked?

1 person likes this

مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ يَحْيَى عَنْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ الْحُسَيْنِ عَنْ أَحْمَدَ بْنِ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ أَبِي نَصْرٍ عَنْ دَاوُدَ بْنِ سِرْحَانَ عَنْ أَبِي عَبْدِ اللَّهِ ع قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ ص إِذَا رَأَيْتُمْ أَهْلَ الرَّيْبِ وَ الْبِدَعِ مِنْ بَعْدِي فَأَظْهِرُوا الْبَرَاءَةَ مِنْهُمْ وَ أَكْثِرُوا مِنْ سَبِّهِمْ وَ الْقَوْلَ فِيهِمْ وَ الْوَقِيعَةَ وَ بَاهِتُوهُمْ كَيْلَا يَطْمَعُوا فِي الْفَسَادِ فِي الْإِسْلَامِ وَ يَحْذَرَهُمُ النَّاسُ وَ لَا يَتَعَلَّمُوا مِنْ بِدَعِهِمْ يَكْتُبِ اللَّهُ لَكُمْ بِذَلِكَ الْحَسَنَاتِ وَ يَرْفَعْ لَكُمْ بِهِ الدَّرَجَاتِ فِي الْآخِرَةِ

The Messenger of Allah (saw) said: “When you will find people of bidah (innovation) and doubt after me, do barah from them and increase in your insults to them, and oppose (them) and bring evidences against them so they may not become greedy in bringing fasaad (corruption) to Islam. You must warn people against them and do not learn their bid`ah (innovation). Allah will write for you good rewards for this, and will raise you status in the next life".

Source: 1. Al-Kulayni, Al-Kafi, Vol. 2, Pg. 375, H # 4

Grading: Al-Majlisi said this hadeeth is Saheeh (Authentic) Mir’aat al-Uqool, vol. 11, pg. # 77

Edited by RevisitingTheSalaf
1 person likes this

No big deal. Shias become sunnis and sunnis become shias. What I'd be interested in though is for those who leave shiaism behind, what status do they now give the Imams of Ahlul-Bayt ie. are they demoted to be in line with sahaba or is it some kind of sufi belief in their superiority, and someone who is at that level (whether a marja or not he must have knowledge) would hopefully be able to reasonably explain what led to the change.

^^ And I am interests what ex sunnis who became Shia, what status does they Give to the fake sahaba and what's their view on the sahaba crimes

How does it feel to curse the one you follow before ?

2 people like this

authenticated biographies are needed . Since I have googled his name and only reference is this post

Yeah, I couldn't find much else either, does anyone have any substantial information about him apart from shiachat.com threads?

(bismillah)

People should be aware of the perils of a neo-Batri belief set and where it leads to. Thank God for Rafd.

آمين آمين ، اللهم لا تخلّط فينا اهل البدعة واهل التقصير والبترية وقنا من ضلالتهم

Be warned of Salafi-style rijalism and Butriyya Unity.

في امان الله

2 people like this

Salafis give the title of Ayatullah to a Sheikh after he converts to Sunnism. Prior to that, he's still a majoosi.

16 people like this

He was way more shia scholar than Tijani ever was a sunni scholar. It seems his mindset didn't accept the shia versions from quite long time, ultimately he thought it is better to exit. Anyhow, for me, the one fine convert from Shi'ism to Islam was Nawab Muhsin ul Mulk, one of the greatest Muslim politicians of India.

To Islam? lol rather to majoos religion of Umar...

2 people like this