Sign in to follow this  
Follower

Masjids/hussainiyyahs In Antwerp, Belgium?

Husainiyat al Gari, I don't know what the streetname was but its near Handelsstraat.

If you need more specifics I'll check it up for you inshAlaah.

Salaam

Edited by Jaysro

Alsalam alikum,

I have already got this address from my friend who lives in Antwerpn.

Hussayniyat Al-Zahra

Patriottenstraat in Berchem

Here is also a page on facebook, So you can ask for more information:

I hope this helps.

Edited by Zahra1

Salaam

there are 2 husainiyat now:

the alzahraa is now in dambruggestraat (near zonfirat shop, which is near handelsstraat)

and the Ghari husainiya is at lange van bloerstraat 139 2060 antwerpen. (also near handelsstraat)

Salaam

Salaam,

Majid Reda (Rue Dr; Meersman, 1070 Brussel) is open again since Ramadan, alhamdullillah. All brothers and sisters are very welcome, incha'Allah!

If more info is useful and wished for, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks for the info, there was practically nothing on the web about where the Shia masjid is located. Just a warning and amusing experience:

I am in Antwerp during Moharram for work so of course I go and look for a masjid for Ashura. Google tells me Patriottenstraat 68, great! I arrive, and... I'm faced with a ruin. I eventually get an answer from a police officer: it's Sint-Lambrechtsstraat 68. Notice this is not only the same number, it's the street connected to the Patriotenstraat. So I go in (way too early of course) and it gradually dawns on me I'm in a Sunni mosque. The elders were nice, but I was getting bad vibes as the younger generation was entering, so I left discretely. Will try the other address tomorrow morning. I'll just have to get there early enough so I don't miss the start I guess. 

If someone could perhaps tell those responsible to have the address changed so people can find it without having to log into ShiaChat or know Arabic, that would be great!

Thanks for the info, there was practically nothing on the web about where the Shia masjid is located. Just a warning and amusing experience:

I am in Antwerp during Moharram for work so of course I go and look for a masjid for Ashura. Google tells me Patriottenstraat 68, great! I arrive, and... I'm faced with a ruin. I eventually get an answer from a police officer: it's Sint-Lambrechtsstraat 68. Notice this is not only the same number, it's the street connected to the Patriotenstraat. So I go in (way too early of course) and it gradually dawns on me I'm in a Sunni mosque. The elders were nice, but I was getting bad vibes as the younger generation was entering, so I left discretely. Will try the other address tomorrow morning. I'll just have to get there early enough so I don't miss the start I guess. 

If someone could perhaps tell those responsible to have the address changed so people can find it without having to log into ShiaChat or know Arabic, that would be great!

salam,

try this address:

Lange Van BloerStraat 139

Antwerpen 2060

Belgium

From Sayed Sistani's site

http://www.najaf.org/?lang=arabic&tab=centre_detail&cat=centre_detail

Looking on google maps, it seems that the building would be suitable for an Islamic center, but there is no sign outside.

https://www.google.be/maps/place/Lange+van+Bloerstraat+139,+2060+Antwerpen/@51.2204372,4.435447,3a,75y,43.07h,81.24t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1szyIgksAU_huF6XnU-ju6Lw!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo1.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3DzyIgksAU_huF6XnU-ju6Lw%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dsearch.WEB_PLUS_LOCAL.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D86%26h%3D86%26yaw%3D40.291714%26pitch%3D0!7i13312!8i6656!4m2!3m1!1s0x47c3f709f06072f7:0xee4dadce15feafd6!6m1!1e1