roseofkarbala

Sunnis And Shias- Can We Just Unite...?

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, Sirius_Bright said:

See, I'm not at all favouring akhbariyat but the comparison between Akhbaris and sunnis is clear cut. I'll be keeping a mile of distance from those who follow the one who oppressed Ahlulbait (ams). While what Akhbari says about those who do not recite shahadat e Salesa is not false but I have met hardcore WFers who says those who do not believe in wilayat-e-Faqih of Ayatullah Khamenei is not Shia. Problem is on both the sides.

La'an is a part of tabarrah and the way of Ahlulbait (ams). This is a topic for some other day, some other thread.

This has happened and is still happening. You are very naive or acting like one. No one's making anything.

Stay some more time on SC and you'll yourself get to know those Shias of Mars.

Why not consider same things for other Shia subsects.

So you are uniting with sunnis because they are in majority. Interesting!. Gathering a vast number to fight enemies, Really? What have you learnt from Badr, Ohad.. Karbala?

I'm not telling you to unite with Akhbaris or sunnis but if you want to united with anyone then subsects of shias are far better to get united than a sunni.

I'm done. You can continue with polemics.

Neither am making "aggressive" claims nor I intend to do so. Didn't Imam Hussain(a.s) invited the entire Muslim nation as a whole??

If only 72 turned up that doesn't means that we always have to fight keeping our number less.

Well I know this debate (call it anything) is not going to bear any fruit because we both are rigid on our opinions.

So finish this over here. Go and unite with Modern day Akhbaris and continue the tampering of Shiism. I better unite with those who won't tamper Shiism at least (Sunnis).

4 hours ago, islam25 said:

Mr.Till 1979 even Iran too was under western control. 

Today Iraq is also partially under western control. To be United we need learn to agree on difference than fight over it. And help each other in getting out of trap of western traps. 

You have not addressed  those countries who are in partnership with the west, do you think it's remotely possible for the Sunni countries to break up their alliances with west for the sake of unity with Shia's, considering the current state in the middle east?

Even our beloved Prophet Muhammad (SAW) wasn't infallible: He even indicated that, himself!

So I'm not sure why The Shia have Imams whom they consider to be infallible!

4 hours ago, Waseem162 said:

Lebanon, Syria, Libya, Yemen, Turkey (new comer), Iraq and Iran are under one shelter now. Qatar and Kuwait are too showing interest in Unity and are marching ahead to go against Saudi Arabia.

Palestine is the common cause. Defeating Israel and US is the common cause. Be optimistic. See through the real lenses. Collaboration is actually happening. 

If these countries Turkey, Kuwait, and libya were to face sanction isolation from the mainstream Sunni countries and including the west, i say this with certainty they will be quick to do a U- turn. 

Just now, power said:

If these countries Turkey, Kuwait, and libya were to face sanction isolation from the mainstream Sunni countries and including the west, i say this with certainty they will be quick to do a U- turn. 

You can't say that. Libya is still under sanctions. Qatar is now under sanctions. But they are resistant. 

Yes I know they can't bear the pressure like Iran but still they are doing good by their capabilities.

Don't speculate. Rather Support.

1 minute ago, Dhulfikar said:

By saying he is mortal like us?

Yes, and by seeking Forgiveness from Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى.

Just now, Waseem162 said:

You can't say that. Libya is still under sanctions. Qatar is now under sanctions. But they are resistant. 

Yes I know they can't bear the pressure like Iran but still they are doing good by their capabilities.

Don't speculate. Rather Support.

Its a probability. where as your wishful thinking of unity is based upon what exactly? what analytical  reason have you given that Sunnis what unity anyway??

1 minute ago, power said:

Its a probability. where as your wishful thinking of unity is based upon what exactly? what analytical  reason have you given that Sunnis what unity anyway??

I'm not going to repeat that all over again. Read my last 20 replies and you'll understand what point I was trying to make.

Also read my Signature!

Just now, ManofIslam said:

Yes, and by seeking Forgiveness from Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى.

Mortals does not have to do anything with infallibility of what we understand. Seeking Forgiveness does not mean that we have sinned. I ask forgiveness if I have not done some of non-wajib 'Amaal that I do usually that bring the pleasure of Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى.

Just now, Dhulfikar said:

Mortals does not have to do anything with infallibility of what we understand. Seeking Forgiveness does not mean that we have sinned. I ask forgiveness if I have not done some of non-wajib 'Amaal that I do usually that bring the pleasure of Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى.

OK: So, Dhulfikar: I ask respectfully: What does Infallibility mean, when applied to the Shia Imam?

This is a Sunni site with Sunni answer:

http://seekershub.org/ans-blog/2014/05/26/if-the-prophet-was-infallible-why-did-he-ask-for-forgiveness/

They said: Yes, Ibn Kathir did include these supplications of the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace). However, this does not negate his (Allah bless him and give him peace) infallibility or that of the other Messengers (Allah bless them and give them all peace).

3 minutes ago, Waseem162 said:

I'm not going to repeat that all over again. Read my last 20 replies and you'll understand what point I was trying to make.

Also read my Signature!

Just answer this; what motion have the Sunni world set in motion for Unity with Shia's?

1 minute ago, Dhulfikar said:

This is a Sunni site with Sunni answer:

http://seekershub.org/ans-blog/2014/05/26/if-the-prophet-was-infallible-why-did-he-ask-for-forgiveness/

They said: Yes, Ibn Kathir did include these supplications of the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace). However, this does not negate his (Allah bless him and give him peace) infallibility or that of the other Messengers (Allah bless them and give them all peace).

Jazaka Allah khair, bro: I appreciate your reply.

14 minutes ago, power said:

Just answer this; what motion have the Sunni world set in motion for Unity with Shia's?

Many of the Sunni Ulemas and Muftis have made this their mission to propagate Unity. Also Grand Mufti of Syria, Al Azhar University, Mufti of Palestine, Ulema of Yemen want Shia unity and they are on board with Iran to team up against common enemy.

We don't see it. But leading players have already started this process.

In India both Sunni and Shia Ulema hold a Unity Week in the week of the month when RasoolAllah was born.

All gather and share same happiness and talks of uniting against the common enemy is discussed.

Sometimes they come and pray behind us (in any of the eids), Sometimes we go and pray behind them.

Much more is actually happening. 

They are denouncing extreme Sunnis and we are denouncing extreme Shias.

We both are holding conferences against Jannat ul Baqi demolition every year.

They are participating in Quds rally as well as protest against Nigerian govt demanding release of Sheikh Zak Zaky (Yes Sunnis are also taking part), they even come with us in Moharram Juloos (some of the Sunnis). They recite Qur'an in our Majalis e Aza. They actually do Majalis e Aza with Alam and Taboot in India. I'll someday inbox you the pictures. And this is done on a very grand level. Iranian clerics are also invited to India.

Much more..

Edited by Waseem162

OK: So, Dhulfikar: I ask respectfully: What does Infallibility mean, when applied to the Shia Imam?

Yes brother. It means that they are pure and don't enjoy His disobedience, but rather they enjoy only His obedience. Infallibility is an protection from Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى, it makes them abstain from Sinning by God Mercy. They still can make sins, but they don't because it is so dislike-able. In my mind there are some verses that comes to my mind about this, first Shaitan will not have effect on them:

“Certainly you shall have no authority over My servants except those who follow you and go astray.” Satan thus replied to Allah, “By Your might, I will surely mislead all of them, except Your chosen servants among them (the messengers and the imams).

Second: The nature of our nafis can leads us to sinning expect those that God give Mercy:

And I do not acquit myself. Indeed, the soul is a persistent enjoiner of evil, except those upon which my Lord has mercy. Indeed, my Lord is Forgiving and Merciful." Surat Yusuf 53

And Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى Mercy is nearer to his righteous servants:

"Verily the mercy of Allah is nigh unto the righteous" (Qur'an 7:56).18

Third. Ahlulbait (as) received purification, which mean that God purified and elevated their Souls to most purified state, such that they could never Sin:

Allah intends only to remove from you the impurity [of sin], O people of the [Prophet's] household, and to purify you with [extensive] purification. (33:33)

And God said in Surat al-A'la verse 87:14

He has certainly succeeded who purifies himself

Such a person who purify his soul will be among the righteousness that will only enjoy His obedience, because all the negative attributes that he purified gonna be to him disklikeful.

Many of the Sunni Ulemas and Muftis have made this their mission to propagate Unity. Also Grand Mufti of Syria, Al Azhar University, Mufti of Palestine, Ulema of Yemen want Shia unity and they are on board with Iran to team up against common enemy.

We don't see it. But leading players have already started this process.

In India both Sunni and Shia Ulema hold a Unity Week in the week of the month when RasoolAllah was born.

All gather and share same happiness and talks of uniting against the common enemy is discussed.

Sometimes they come and pray behind us (in any of the eids), Sometimes we go and pray behind them.

Much more is actually happening. 

They are denouncing extreme Sunnis and we are denouncing extreme Shias.

We both are holding conferences against Jannat ul Baqi demolition every year.

They are participating in Quds rally as well as protest against Nigerian govt demanding release of Sheikh Zak Zaky (Yes Sunnis are also taking part), they even come with us in Moharram Juloos (some of the Sunnis). They recite Qur'an in our Majalis e Aza.

Much more..

It would require a revolution in the Sunni world to overthrow the dictators oppressor that rule their countries, is this likely to happen? Unlikely. Are the  Sunnis ready for revolution for the sake of unity with Shia's, and change the status quo of their political and social lives  ?? 

Just now, power said:

It would require a revolution in the Sunni world to overthrow the dictators oppressor that rule their countries, is this likely to happen? Unlikely. Are the  Sunnis ready for revolution for the sake of unity with Shia's, and change the status quo of their political and social lives  ?? 

Aren't you speculating more than needed?? Qatar and Kuwait are calling out against Israel and Saudi.

Turkey against US. Palestinians are ready for revolution. It'll all happen slowly but InshaAllah will.

Lets be optimistic and join hands. Rest leave things on Allah. He is the best of Planners. Period.

Aren't you speculating more than needed?? Qatar and Kuwait are calling out against Israel and Saudi.

Turkey against US. Palestinians are ready for revolution. It'll all happen slowly but InshaAllah will.

Lets be optimistic and join hands. Rest leave things on Allah. He is the best of Planners. Period.

Its not speculation, you are just not fully aware of the dynamics and  the process that involves unity? I believe there's a  lot of wishful thinking on your behalf. And furthermore, you are dismissive of the geopolitics factors that will be faced in the uprising Shia and Sunni unity ?

1 hour ago, power said:

Its not speculation, you are just not fully aware of the dynamics and  the process that involves unity? I believe there's a  lot of wishful thinking on your behalf. And furthermore, you are dismissive of the geopolitics factors that will be faced in the uprising Shia and Sunni unity ?

Yes, bro: but surely all of that will be worth it, in order to have Unity?! Don't forget: We are all Muslims!

6 hours ago, Waseem162 said:

Brother, There are many other NORMAL sunnis too who live in Syria!!

Yemen is atleast with Iran and Lebanon and against Saudi and other powers.

Lebanon is clearly against those Powers.

yes im sure, but im talking about the ones fighting.. show me one moderate civilized rebel.

Lebanon is proudly against those powers.. 

when saudi arabia allies with israel, ignores the massacres in Myanmar , funds isis, hordes gold while starving their country men, prositute boys, go to clubs in Monaco, buys gold cars and toilet handles... can you really call them muslim? 

actually, one such effort done is:

(1) Whosoever is an adherent to one of the four Sunni schools (Mathahib) of Islamic jurisprudence (Hanafi, Maliki, Shafi`i and Hanbali), the two Shi’i schools of Islamic jurisprudence (Ja`fari and Zaydi), the Ibadi school of Islamic jurisprudence and the Thahiri school of Islamic jurisprudence, is a Muslim.

http://ammanmessage.com/the-three-points-of-the-amman-message-v-1/

but extreme wahhabis reject this. let's not be extremists like them.

i remember, during 2003 invasion of iraq, thousands of gi joes died.

today, the modern jihadists are their foot soldiers.

how to prevent this (being foot soldiers for US or some other entities) from repeating itself in future?

1. spread the fact that shiism is not majoosi/jewish creation.

2. while not belittling others, shiism has strong evidence to be the islam  propagated by the Prophet, preserved through His Ahu Bayt as.

3. let's race towards good deeds - you don't have time to throw stones during a 100m dash, do you?

Salaam Alaykum

I personally always respected Sunni Muslims, supported and helped them a lot. I helped my Sunni roommate to buy car. He didn't know anything about cars. I highly support Myanmar Muslims, Palestinians and Syrian people. I buy my grocery stuff from a Sunni Muslim because I don't want to give my money to an atheist. I do know that his grocery is double in price, but I still support him.

Let's forget what the differences are, let's unite. Americans and atheist don't care he/she is Sunni or Shia, they say all of them are Muslim. Let's be together.