16 replies to this topic

#1 Servant of Imam Mahdi

Servant of Imam Mahdi
  • Basic Members
  • 12 posts
  • Religion:Real Islam

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

Salaamun alaykum!
Can anyone list all the imams (as)'s wives for me here.
Someone told me that the Imams did not marry non-Sayed women: we know Imam Zaynul Abideen married Imam Hassan as's daughter, and thus Imam Baqir as's parents were both children of aimma as, but did the imams not often free slave women and marry them?

#2 macisaac

macisaac

واقفي

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,701 posts
  • Religion:الإسلام
  • Interests:Loving my Queen

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:35 PM

wa `alaykum as-salaam

Someone told me that the Imams did not marry non-Sayed women

Someone doesn't know what they're talking about.
  • Marbles, Abu Hadi, Abu Tufayl and 7 others like this

#3 Abu Tufayl

Abu Tufayl

• Mods
  • 3,598 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:12 PM

(bismillah)

Unless African slave women and random `ajamiyyaat (non-Arab, usually Persian, women) were suddenly sayyidaat... This someone needs to open up a history book.

Ýí ÇãÇä Çááå
  • 89jghur32, Haydar Husayn, Abu Izrael and 4 others like this

#4 hasnainabbas786

hasnainabbas786

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
  • Religion:Islam - Shia

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:14 PM

AOA

This should be reminded to all the parents who insist on marrying their children to Syeds, specially when they themselves belong to a Syed family.

When Imam's (as) din't discriminate then we shouldn't either.
  • Dhulfikar, Abu Izrael, Ali Musaaa :) and 3 others like this

#5 Chaotic Muslem

Chaotic Muslem

CM

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:39 PM

(bismillah)

Unless African slave women and random `ajamiyyaat (non-Arab, usually Persian, women) were suddenly sayyidaat... This someone needs to open up a history book.

Ýí ÇãÇä Çááå

Fatimah Bintu Huzam Ummul Banin was not a sayed
was not ajam
was not Zinj
was not slave

Layla , Imam's Husain wife was Thaqafi non sayed not salve and not ajam

Rabab , Imam's Husain wife was Kalbi from Aws, was not slave ajam or syed

At least these names are known for most shia
  • Hasan0404 likes this

#6 Abu Tufayl

Abu Tufayl

• Mods
  • 3,598 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:41 PM

(bismillah)

My post may have been misunderstood. I'm not saying they never married Arabs or women from Bani Hashim, I'm saying a big chunk of them were not.

Ýí ÇãÇä Çááå

#7 Hannibal

Hannibal

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,476 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:17 PM

AOA

This should be reminded to all the parents who insist on marrying their children to Syeds, specially when they themselves belong to a Syed family.

When Imam's (as) din't discriminate then we shouldn't either.

Esp. when most of these sayyids are fake anyways.
  • Ali Musaaa :) likes this

#8 Servant of Imam Mahdi

Servant of Imam Mahdi
  • Basic Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:43 AM

Precisely my view, there is nothing in their history that I am aware of which suggets that they married syed women...does anyone know of a source which lists all the aimma (as)'s wives and familial history?
I feel people often cave in to fabricated emotional literature on this syed-non syed issue, when Islam is egalitarian. The syed marriage issue is a misinterpretation of the marital concept of kufw (compatibility) from what I have read.
JazakAllah for all the comments.

#9 133ali

133ali

YA HUSAIN

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Religion:Muslim (Shia-Ithna Ashari)
  • Interests:Reading / Learning / thrillers/ writing/ selective movies/tv programs

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:13 AM

(bismillah)
(salam)

Surat Al-Ĥujurāt (The Rooms) - ÓæÑÉ ÇáÍÌÑÇÊ

file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Abbas/LOCALS~1/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif

file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Abbas/LOCALS~1/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image002.gif

file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Abbas/LOCALS~1/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image003.gif

This is a portion of the entire surah. View more context, or the entire surah.
49:13
to top

5]file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Abbas/LOCALS~1/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image004.gif

Sahih International
O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted.
Yusuf Ali
O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things).
Shakir
O you men! surely We have created you of a male and a female, and made you tribes and families that you may know each other; surely the most honorable of you with Allah is the one among you most careful (of his duty); surely Allah is Knowing, Aware.

Ahadith in this respect:

Imam Jafar file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Abbas/LOCALS~1/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image005.gif said;
“The Messenger of Allah has said, ‘Whoever practices racial discrimination or it is practiced for him has removed the collar of belief from his neck.’”
Al-Kafi, Book of Belief and Disbelief H 2542, CH 119, h 2

“The Messenger of Allah has said, ‘Whoever has racist feelings in his heart of the size of mustard seed, on the Day of Judgment Allah will raise him with the Arabs of the time of Jahiliyah (dark age).’”
Al-Kafi, Book of Belief and Disbelief H 2543, CH 119, h 3

“On the Day of Judgment Allah will join those who practice racial discrimination with a race in fire.”
Al-Kafi, Book of Belief and Disbelief H 2544, CH 119, h 4

“The angels thought that Satan was one of them. In the knowledge of Allah he was not one of them. He (Satan) let out that which was in his soul with racist feelings and anger saying,‘You have created me from fire and You created him from clay.’”
Al-Kafi, Book of Belief and Disbelief H 2546, CH 119, h 6

“Once, Ali ibn al-Husayn, was asked about racist feelings. He said, ‘The racist feeling that is a sin is the one that makes a person call the evil doers of his own people better than the virtuous individuals of the other people. A man’s loving his own people is not racism but it is a sin to help one’s own people to commit injustice.”
Al-Kafi, Book of Belief and Disbelief H 2547, CH 119, h 7

Now, whoever wants to say sayed and non-sayed marriage is not allowed or haram (there are people who think this way, from India and Pakistan) One has gone to the extent of calling all the sayed women and non sayed men thus married as haram kaar, and their children illegitimate! Meaning all the Mirza born are illegitimate!! Can you imagine the extent of ignorance and racism in our community? These people are there on facebook.

From what we know, the mother of Imam Zamana (ajjallaho frajahoshariff) Janab Narjes Khatoon was a Roman princess, and the mother of Imam Zainulabedin (as) Janab Shahrbanu was the daughter of Persian King Yazdgerd. However, anyone can confirm this with the Maraje, and Mujtaheds.

#10 Servant of Imam Mahdi

Servant of Imam Mahdi
  • Basic Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:29 AM

I believe Imam Zayn ul Abideen (as)'s mother was Imam Hassan (as)'s daughter - he is the only Imam whose father and father in law were both aimma masumeen.

#11 Abu Tufayl

Abu Tufayl

• Mods
  • 3,598 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:28 AM

(bismillah)

I believe Imam Zayn ul Abideen (as)'s mother was Imam Hassan (as)'s daughter - he is the only Imam whose father and father in law were both aimma masumeen.

I believe you're talking about his wife that gave birth to al-Baqir [as].

Ýí ÇãÇä Çááå

#12 Kaniz e Zahra

Kaniz e Zahra

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,321 posts
  • Religion:SHIA ISLAM

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:08 AM

W/Salam brother the wives i can recall to are.

Wives of Imam Ali, (as). I am quoting the ones in my mind, but He had around ten, and only one of them is Sayyida.

1.Syeda Fatima Zahra, (as)
2.Bibi Ummul Banin, (as) .
3.Bibi Khawla binte Jaffer Hanfia(as)
4.Bibi Laila binte Masood tamimi(as)
5.Bibi Asma binte umais(as)
6.Bibi Imama binte abul aas(as)
7.Bibi Ramla(as) and others

Wives of Imam Hasan, (as)
1.Bibi Umme Farwa(as)
2.Bibi umme ishaq(as) binte talha
3.Bibi Khawla binte Fazari(as)
and there were others, and all were non Hashemites

Wives of Imam Hussain, (as)
1.Bibi Shehrbano(as) binte yazdjerd
2.Bibi Umme Laila(as)
3.Bibi umme Rubab(as) binte ummra ul qais

Wives of Imam Zain ul Abideen(as)
1.Syeda Fatima binte Hasan(as)and one was grand Daughter of Muhammad Hanfiyyah(as), others were out of Family.

Wives of Imam Baqir(as)
1.Bibi Farwa binte Qasim bin Muhammad(as) bin abubakr, if there were others i don't know

Wives of Imam Jaffer ul Sadiq(as)
1.Syeda Fatima(as) binte Hussain bin Ali(as)
2.Bibi Hameedah khatoon(as)

Wives of Imam Musa al Kazim(as)
1.Bibi Najma(as),only one whose name is known generally

Wives of Imam e Reza(as)
1.Bibi Sabika nobia(as)

2.umme habib binte mamoon(la)

Wives of Imam Taqi(as)
1.Bibi Samana khatoon(as) descendant of Ammar e Yasir(as)

2.umme fadhl laeena binte mamoon laeen

Wives of Imam Naqi(as)
1.Bibi Haditha(as) is known only.

Wives of Imam Hasan Askari(as)
1.Bibi Narjis Khatoon(as)

Wives of Imam Mehdi(as)

Let Him(as) come, we'll discover inshAllah :)

Those who were Sayyidas, i have mentioned, they were very few, so if Imams(as) had married non Sayyidas, we have no hujjah to say ,today's Syed men shouldn't. And yes Prophet,(saww) had many non Sayyida, non Hashmite wives too.

Edited by Kaniz e Zahra, 31 October 2012 - 01:19 AM.

• Hot hot likes this

#13 Servant of Imam Mahdi

Servant of Imam Mahdi
  • Basic Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

sis kaneez e zahra, jazakAllah
  • Kaniz e Zahra likes this

#14 Haydar Husayn

Haydar Husayn

• Mods
  • 8,030 posts
  • Religion:Islam

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

Kaniz's list is amusing. (as) after every wife except the daughters of al-Ma`mun, who are deserving of la`nat. Anyway, I don't think her list is very accurate. For a start, some of the women she mentions, who were mothers of imams, were slaves, not wives.
  • Ali Musaaa :) likes this

#15 siraatoaliyinhaqqun

siraatoaliyinhaqqun

Abd Ali

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts
  • Religion:12 Aimma masomeen a.s
  • Interests:Loving Mohammad wa Aale Mohammad

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

The mother of a masoom imaam deserves all our respect. We do not know their real position near Allah azwj so got to be extra careful.
  • Kaniz e Zahra likes this

#16 Haydar Husayn

Haydar Husayn

• Mods
  • 8,030 posts
  • Religion:Islam

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

The mother of a masoom imaam deserves all our respect. We do not know their real position near Allah azwj so got to be extra careful.

All the wives of the Imams (as) were not the mothers of other Imams.

Anyway, here is Shaykh Mufeed's list in Kitab al-Irshad:

Imam Ali had 4 children by Fatima (as), 1 child by Khawla, twins by Umm Habib, 4 children by Umm al-Banin, 2 children by Layla, 1 child by Asma,

2 children by Umm Sa`id, and then either 11 or 12 children by unnamed different mothers.

For Imam Hasan (as), there were 3 children by Umm Bashir, 1 child by Khawla, 3 children by one slave girl, and another child by another slave girl, 3 children by Umm Ishaq, and 4 other children by various unnamed mothers.

Imam Husayn (as) is given 6 children by 5 different mothers.

Imam Zayn ul-Abideen (as) had one child by Umm Abd Allah, the daughter of Imam Hasan (as), and then 14 children by different slave women.

Imam al-Baqir (as) had 2 children by Umm Farwa daughter of al-Qasim bin Muhammad ibn Abi Bakr, 2 by Umm Hakim daughter of Asid ibn al-Mughira al-Thaqafi, and 3 children by 2 slave women.

Imam as-Sadiq (as) had 3 children by Fatima bint al-Husayn ibn `Ali ibn al-Husayn, 3 children by a slave woman named Hamida al-Barbariyya, and 4 children by different unnamed mothers.

Imam Musa al-Kadhim (as) had 37 children, all from different slave women. His mother was a slave-wife named Hamida al-Barbariyya.

Imam Ridha (as) only had one child, by a slave woman. His mother was a slave wife called Umm Baneen. She was from the Maghrib (see p. 466 of al-Irshad), so was a Berber.

Imam al-Jawad (as) was married to Umm al-Fadl, daughter of al-Ma'mun, but doesn't appear to have had any children with her. He had 3 children with an unknown number of slave girls. His mother was a slave-wife (umm walad) called Sabeeka, she was a Nubian.

Imam al-Hadi (as) had children named al-Hasan ibn `Ali al-Askari, al-Husayn, Muhammad, Ja`far, `Aisha. His mother was a slave wife called Sumana.

Imam al-Askari (as) had a son called Muhammad al-Mahdi. His mother was a slave-wife called Hadith.

Imam al-Mahdi (as)'s mother was a slave-wife (umm walad) called Narjis.

Edited by Haydar Husayn, 09 December 2012 - 05:20 PM.

#17 Kaniz e Zahra

Kaniz e Zahra

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,321 posts
  • Religion:SHIA ISLAM

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:13 PM

Kaniz's list is amusing. (as) after every wife except the daughters of al-Ma`mun, who are deserving of la`nat. Anyway, I don't think her list is very accurate. For a start, some of the women she mentions, who were mothers of imams, were slaves, not wives.

When i read your full of jealousy comments for me, i get to remember the housefly who'll leave whole clean body and will sit on a wound, similarly you try to find faults in others. Yes i do add Allehis salaam, with those worthy women who remained stalwart with our Aimma, (as) in every hard trial, whether it was Karbala, sacrifices of their children's lives, or prolonged imprisonment of their husbands, and all the torture they could suffer. Our Peace be upon those great ladies, when we send salaam to even ordinary momineen when we greet then why someone dies upon sending salaams on those pure ladies?, and they were blessed is being proven from a fact that they gave birth to their children, none of the non pious woman bore any Masoom, (as) a child, whether its ayesha, hafsa, ummul fazl, or ummul habib.
As for accuracy, i just jotted down the names present in my mind at that moment ,i could go for copy pasting like you as well, but i said that i am not giving each, and every name, and the names i gave are accurate, even if not every name i could write.
And yes daughters(la) of mamoon(la) are deserving of laanah, they were enemies of Ahlebait, (as), you love them too? ahan, nothing shocking, its expected.

Edited by Kaniz e Zahra, 10 December 2012 - 01:51 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users