- - - - -

Photo
- - - - -

Why Shia Perform 5 Prayers In Three Time?

36 replies to this topic

#1 sahar_zaidi

sahar_zaidi

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Religion:islam
  • Interests:research of islamic facts,reading books,textile desinging,islamic calligraphy

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:54 AM

salam,
well i am shia but i never understand why shia performed 5 prayer in three time . i read in nahjul balagha hazrat ali A.S define the timing of 5 time of salat(namaaz) then why we dont follow him.i did a lot of debates on this topic and never got a satisfactory answer.i am not saying its not allowed bcz i heard that holy prophet pbuh performed combined the noon prayer with the afternoon prayer, but this answer is not satisfactory because he also performed salat 5 times then how we can justify 3 time prayer?

#2 Righteous

Righteous

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:54 AM

There are awallen times which should be followed. However, there is no issue in combining the prayers as well

#3 sahar_zaidi

sahar_zaidi

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:research of islamic facts,reading books,textile desinging,islamic calligraphy

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:23 PM

i am not saying its wrong but why we give preference to it.As HAzrat ALI A.S mentioned in Nejhal ul balagha letter 52 which are given below.

here i am showing HAZRAT ALI AS letter taken from NAjhul balagha ,in which he mentioned different timing of 5 salah.
Letter 52, is a highly valuable source to determine the timing of Salah. In it Ali informs the timing of prayers. "Lead the Zohr prayers till the shadow of a wall becomes equal to the height of the wall. The Asr prayers can be performed till the sun is still bright and enough time of the day is left for a person to cover a distance of six miles. The maghrib prayers should be performed when people open their fast and when Hajj pilgrims return from Arafat. And the time for Isha prayers is when the red glow of the evening twilight disappears from the west… The morning prayers are to be performed when there appears enough light of the dawn for a man to recognize the face of his companion."

here are 2 quranic verse ;

So be steadfast in the face of what they say and glorify your Lord with praise before the rising of the Sun and before its setting. And glorify Him during part of the night and at both ends of the day, so that hopefully you will be pleased. (Surah Ta Ha, 130)

So glory be to Allah when you start the night and when you greet the day. Praise be to Him in the heavens and the Earth, in the afternoon and when you reach midday. (Surat ar-Rum, 17-18)

#4 lilibolt

lilibolt

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:09 PM

this is what Ayatullah Sistani say:

Question :

Why do Shiites combine their prayers? Is it permissible to do so?
Answer :

It is permissible to combine Zuhr and Asr prayers and to perform them separately as it is permissible in both manners. It is narrated that the Holy Prophet of Islam (pbuh) offered his prayers in both combined as well separate manners. He combined his prayers without being in an urgent situation like war or storm.

now i am kinda confused, is it only permissable to combine Zuhr and Asr players? or can we combine Maghrib and Isha as well? because i thought we could combine them, but the answer only says Zuhr Asr :donno:

#5 Pedram

Pedram

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:33 PM

you can combine Zuhr and Asr together, and Maqrib and Isha together. you do not "have to", rather it is permissible. meaning the option is there should you choose to take it.
  • HamzaTR likes this

#6 Abu Tufayl

Abu Tufayl

• Mods
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:10 PM

(bismillah)

It is permissible mutlaqan, if I am not mistaken, to combine al-Zuhr and al-`Asr in one time, whether it be jam` al-taqdeem or al-taakheer (earlier or delayed). The same applies to al-Maghrib and al-`Ishaa. However, it is better and mustahabb to separate your prayers into their respective fadeela timings.. <<And I believe this is whether or not you decide to pray nawafil between them.

When one combines, your prayers revolve around your day. When you separate, your day revolves your prayers. Inshaa'Allah.

Ýí ÇãÇä Çááå
  • Qa'im, rotten_coconut, Ali_Hussain and 3 others like this

#7 Martyrdom

Martyrdom

Ideological Warfare

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
  • Interests:"Those Who Stand For Nothing Will Fall For Anything"

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:26 PM

(bismillah)

When one combines, your prayers revolve around your day. When you separate, your day revolves your prayers. Inshaa'Allah.

Ýí ÇãÇä Çááå

So when the Prophet(s) combined his prayers his prayers revolved around his day? No a true believer can have his day revolve around his prayers regardless if he combines or separates.

#8 Abu Tufayl

Abu Tufayl

• Mods
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:41 PM

(bismillah)

So when the Prophet(s) combined his prayers his prayers revolved around his day? No a true believer can have his day revolve around his prayers regardless if he combines or separates.

The Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÂáå combining in those instances were not his norm... Travel, rain etc are exceptional situations. And when he did so for no reason, the hadith show it was only to show the people it was permissible... that it is allowed. To teach them.

Silly argument, really. Combining was not his [sawa] norm, afaik, separating was.

Ýí ÇãÇä Çááå

Edited by Dar'ul_Islam, 10 September 2012 - 09:41 PM.

#9 Martyrdom

Martyrdom

Ideological Warfare

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
  • Interests:"Those Who Stand For Nothing Will Fall For Anything"

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:54 PM

(bismillah)

The Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÂáå combining in those instances were not his norm... Travel, rain etc are exceptional situations. And when he did so for no reason, the hadith show it was only to show the people it was permissible... that it is allowed. To teach them.

Silly argument, really. Combining was not his [sawa] norm, afaik, separating was.

Ýí ÇãÇä Çááå

Norm or not its permissible so to say that those who combine their prayers their day doesn't revolve around their prayers is belittling those who make sure their day revolves around their prayers regardless if they combine or not . Me personally if I'm sitting at home doing nothing I pray separately but some days I combine like when I'm at work but my day never stops revolving around my prayers regardless if I'm combining or not.

#10 sahar_zaidi

sahar_zaidi

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:13 AM

My question is why hazrat ALI a.s clearly mentioned in his letter 5 different time of salah.

Allah says in the Holy Quran Chapter 4 Surah Nisaa verse 103:Indeed the Salaat is a prescribed duty that should be performed by the believers at (their) appointed times.

In light of the hadith which you have quoted from Hadrat Ibn Abbas (r.a.), it is indeed true the Messenger of Allah (saws) might have combined his prayers on this occasion without fear, or rain, or being on a journey; but in light of the various Aayahs of the Glorious Quran, and the various narrations of the Messenger of Allah (saws), and the numerous accounts of the thousands of his noble companions ... it is an accepted fact that the Prophet (saws), the noble companions, the Ahle-Bayt and all the believers prayed the five obligatory prayers at their five different appointed times of the day;

#11 sahar_zaidi

sahar_zaidi

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:39 AM

ÞóÇáó ÇáÕøóÇÏöÞõ )Ú): Åöäøó ÇáúÚóÈúÏó ÅöÐóÇ Õóáøóì ÇáÕøóáÇóÉó Ýöí æóÞúÜÊöåóÇ æó ÍóÇÝóÙó ÚóáóíúåóÇ ÇÑúÊóÝóÚóÊú ÈóíúÖóÇÁó äóÞöíøóÉð ÊóÞõæáõ ÍóÝöÙúÊóäöí ÍóÝöÙóßó Çááøñåõ æó ÅöÐóÇ áóãú íõÕóáöøåóÇ áöæóÞúÊöåóÇ æó áóãú íõÍóÇÝöÙú ÚóáóíúåóÇ ÇÑúÊóÝóÚóÊú ÓóæúÏóÇÁó ãõÙúáöãóÉð ÊóÞõæáõ ÖóíøóÚúÊóäöí ÖóíøóÚóßó Çááøñåõ.

Imam As-Sadiq (peace be upon him) has said: “When a person maintains his prayer and offers it at its stipulated time, it ascends in the form of a pure white light and calls out to him: “You have guarded me, may Allah protect you.” But if he does not maintain his prayer and does not offer it at its decreed time, it ascends as a dark and gloomy form and says to him: You have destroyed me, may Allah destroy you.”

Al-Mahajjatul Baidha, Volume 1, Page 340
  • ateef likes this

#12 sahar_zaidi

sahar_zaidi

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:56 AM

The 5 daily prayers are clearly mentioned in the Quran, for easy reference see: (1) The Dawn Prayer (Fajr) given in 11:114, 24:58 (2) The Noon Prayer (Zuhr) given in 17:78 and 30:18 (3) The Afternoon Prayer (Asr) given in 2:238 (4) The sunset Prayer (Maghrib) given in 11:114 (5) The Night Prayer (Isha) given in 24:58

#13 coldcow

coldcow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Religion:Islam

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:27 PM

I pray 5 distinct times whenever possible. I follow a sunni schedule, as it is hard to come by a 5 times a day shia schedule where I live.

In my opinion, we've taken an allowance for when situations may be difficult, and made it into a rule. The prophet may have combined prayer from time to time, even when it wasn't urgent to do so, but he didn't do it everyday like we do.

I don't see why any Shia would want to combine prayers when it would be possible to say 5 distinct prayers.
  • Abu Tufayl likes this

#14 sahar_zaidi

sahar_zaidi

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:18 AM

why we shia always give references of combine prayer form sunni book. do we have any evidance in our shia books.why in shia mosque call for adhan 3 time aday? i was in a Iran and Iraq last year and i heard 3 time adhan only

: When the sun begins to decline at midday, then the time for zuhr (noon) and asr (afternoon) begins. However, the time for zuhr is before asr. As soon as zuhr prayer is finished, the time for asr prayer begins. These two prayers can be offered until sunset.
Reference: Sayings of Imam Jafar Sadiq (as) Furoo e Kafi Kitab ul Salat chapter 4 hadith 6, 7, and 10

The time of asr begins when the shadow is equal to one hand.
Reference: Sayings of Imam Jafar Sadiq (as) Furoo e Kafi Kitab ul Salat chapter 10 hadith 2
  • Ali_Hussain likes this

#15 Ali_Hussain

Ali_Hussain

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:23 AM

The worst thing is, people are writing 'refutations' of praying at 5 seperate times, others are calling it a wahhabi, or a batri thing to do.

In england, in winter, maghreb time can be very early, 5pm, and on thursday nights, or nights when they give a lecture, even if the lecture will start at 8, which is even after isha time, they will still pray both prayers.

#16 Abu Tufayl

Abu Tufayl

• Mods
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:50 PM

(bismillah)

why we shia always give references of combine prayer form sunni book. do we have any evidance in our shia books.why in shia mosque call for adhan 3 time aday? i was in a Iran and Iraq last year and i heard 3 time adhan only

: When the sun begins to decline at midday, then the time for zuhr (noon) and asr (afternoon) begins. However, the time for zuhr is before asr. As soon as zuhr prayer is finished, the time for asr prayer begins. These two prayers can be offered until sunset.
Reference: Sayings of Imam Jafar Sadiq (as) Furoo e Kafi Kitab ul Salat chapter 4 hadith 6, 7, and 10

Reference: Sayings of Imam Jafar Sadiq (as) Furoo e Kafi Kitab ul Salat chapter 10 hadith 2

It is undoubtedly permissible to combine for no reason and the strongest evidence is in our own books. There is an entire chapter in Wasa'il al-Shi`ah about the permissibility to combine prayers without any necessitating reason or excuse. Also the chapters about prayer timings, which there are many and different kinds of hadith on this, state things like "the times have entered" etc after the sun decline or sets.

Ýí ÇãÇä Çááå

#17 alshemary

alshemary

Subscribe to our YouTube channel Link in my signature

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Religion:Islam of Muahmmad (saw) & Ahlulbayt (as)
  • Interests:Allah (swt), Muhammad (saw) and the ahlulbayt (as)!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:56 AM

Salam brother, I feel you are not a shia.. I feel you are a sunni but anyway.. our books ahlamdulilah are full information in that regard.. we reference sunni books because they are the people who oppose us in this view.. If we can prove from THEIR books that the prophet muhammad (saw) prayed salat in both combined and seperate modes then we can easily say that we (shia) ahlamdulilah are on the right path as we believe that it could be done in different ways.. My mother prays them different times as it is more right (as prescribed by the quran) however, messenger of Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì told us that it is permissible if you dont want to pray it separetely at different times and he said (from both shia and sunni references) that Allah made this religion easy for his servants (especially prayers - we all know the stories)..

The quran mentions about when we can pray, not when we CANT.. and as you know, gods message came in two parts: Quran, and the life of the prophet (saw). As an example, Allah in the quran didnt tell us how to pray, for example amounts of raakat or what to read in every position.. He talked about salat in general and left the details for the messenger of Allah mohammad (saw).. Same with prayer, Allah told us general information and the details came with Mohammad (saw).. and Allah says:

Quran 59:7
And whatever the Messenger has given you - take; and what he has forbidden you - refrain from. And fear Allah ; indeed, Allah is severe in penalty.

So our oblligation is to trust muhammad (saw) and follow on his righteous path inshallah..
Anyway, ive said my part.. here are he references..

(Sahih Muslim, Chapter of Combining two prayers)
"The Messenger of Allah (s.a.w.s.) prayed the Zuhr and Asr prayers together in Madinah without any fear and without any travelling. Abu Zubair says that he asked Saeed, "Why did he (s.a.w.s.) do it?" He said, "Ibne Abbas asked about it as you ask me. He (s.a.w.s.) replied that he did not wish that people of his Ummah should be put to inconvenience."

(Sahih Bukhari Volume 2, Hadith 270)
Narrated Amr:
I heard Abu Ash-sha’tha’ Jabir saying, "I heard Ibn Abbas saying, ‘I offered with Allah’s Apostle eight rakat (of Zuhr and Asr prayers) together and seven rakat (the Maghrib and the Isha’ prayers) together.’

(Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Hadith 518)
Narrated Ibn Abbas:
"The Prophet prayed eight rakat for the Zuhr and Asr, and seven for the Maghrib and Isha prayers in Medina." Aiyub said, "Perhaps those were rainy nights." Anas said, "May be."

So from here we can see that the prophet indeed prayed (combining) his salat even when there wasnt any special circumstance and this is from our oppositions books.. so im not sure what they are relying on but to say that praying (and combining) is NOT allowed i think they have fallen into HARAM.. i wouldnt be bothered if they said it is more right NOT to combine (since this is what we say also) but to say that something which Allah and his messenger said was allowed and claim its not allowed then they have commited a sin! (misguidance)

#18 sahar_zaidi

sahar_zaidi

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:52 AM

The Shia Defence Force
Firstly i am shia alhamdulliah but i have some issues with shia concepts which i am trying to find so dont take it as a battle.secondly i didnt say its haram or prohibited.
Its true i m confused about combine salat but i didnt say its haram.Even in my house my mother my sister performed combine salah all the time and i m the only one who performed salah seperatly i mean on proper time, they even dont think to performed seperatly because they are fully convinced that its the only right way to follow
.In pakistan as i also noticed in iran and iraq they only called adhan for 3 time and performed combine salat which they regularly do.My question was we are follower of Hazrat ALi A.S he menitoned in his letter no 52 in Najhul balagha clearly about 5 seperate timing of salat ,harzat imam hussain A.S was killed in battle of karbala while performing salah ,his act show the importance of salah .

i have the issue of regularly doing combine salah.
i didnt find any references in shia books about combine salah but as u mentioned its given in many books.so can you please show me the hadith related to combine salah in shia book.

#19 sahar_zaidi

sahar_zaidi

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:31 AM

how many time Holy prophet pbuh performed combine salah in his whole life. i mean what was the ratio of combine and seperate salah.how he was mostly performed salah?

Narated By 'Abdullah : I asked the Prophet "Which deed is the dearest to Allah?" He replied, "To offer the prayers
at their early stated fixed times." I asked, "What is the next (in goodness)?" He replied, "To be good and dutiful to
your parents" I again asked, "What is the next (in goodness)?" He replied, 'To participate in Jihad (religious fighting)
in Allah's cause." 'Abdullah added, "I asked only that much and if I had asked more, the Prophet would have told me
more."

Volumn 001, Book 010, Hadith Number 506.shahi bukhari

-----------------------------------------
Narated By Abu Huraira : I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "If there was a river at the door of anyone of you and he
took a bath in it five times a day would you notice any dirt on him?" They said, "Not a trace of dirt would be left." The
Prophet added, "That is the example of the five prayers with which Allah blots out (annuls) evil deeds."

Volumn 001, Book 010, Hadith Number 507.
-----------------------------------------

Narated By Abu Al-Minhal : Abu Barza said, "The Prophet used to offer the Fajr (prayer) when one could recognize
the person sitting by him (after the prayer) and he used to recite between 60 to 100 Ayat (verses) of the Qur'an. He
used to offer the Zuhr prayer as soon as the sun declined (at noon) and the 'Asr at a time when a man might go
and return from the farthest place in Medina and find the sun still hot. (The sub-narrator forgot what was said about
the Maghrib). He did not mind delaying the 'Isha prayer to one third of the night or the middle of the night."

Volumn 001, Book 010, Hadith Number 517.

according to the letter on hazrat ali a.s in najhul balagha

"Lead the Zohr prayers till the shadow of a wall becomes equal to the height of the wall. The Asr prayers can be performed till the sun is still bright and enough time of the day is left for a person to cover a distance of six miles. The maghrib prayers should be performed when people open their fast and when Hajj pilgrims return from Arafat. And the time for Isha prayers is when the red glow of the evening twilight disappears from the west… The morning prayers are to be performed when there appears enough light of the dawn for a man to recognize the face of his companion."

Narated By 'Aisha : Allah's Apostle used to offer the 'Asr prayers at a time when the sunshine was still inside my
chamber and no shadow had yet appeared in it.

Volumn 001, Book 010, Hadith Number 521.

Narated By Saiyar bin Salama : I along with my father went to Abu- Barza Al-Aslarrni and my father asked him, "How
Allah's Apostle used to offer the five compulsory congregational prayers?" Abu- Barza said, "The Prophet used to
pray the Zuhr prayer which you (people) call the first one at mid-day when the sun had just declined The 'Asr
prayer at a time when after the prayer, a man could go to the house at the farthest place in Medina (and arrive)
while the sun was still hot. (I forgot about the Maghrib prayer). The Prophet Loved to delay the 'Isha which you call
Al- Atama and he disliked sleeping before it and speaking after it. After the Fajr prayer he used to leave when a
man could recognize the one sitting beside him and he used to recite between 60 to 100 Ayat (in the Fajr prayer).

Volumn 001, Book 010, Hadith Number 523.

Narated By Anas : The Prophet delayed the 'Isha prayer till midnight and then he offered the prayer and said, "The
people prayed and slept but you have been in prayer as long as you have been waiting for it (the prayer)." Anas
added: As if I am looking now at the glitter of the ring of the Prophet on that night.

there are also so many hadith in shahi bukhari.
i can also show u 5 time of salah mentioned in quranic verses.

Narated By Anas : The Prophet delayed the 'Isha prayer till midnight and then he offered the prayer and said, "The
people prayed and slept but you have been in prayer as long as you have been waiting for it (the prayer)." Anas
added: As if I am looking now at the glitter of the ring of the Prophet on that night.

there are also so many hadith in shahi bukhari.
i can also show u 5 time of salah mentioned in quranic verses.

#20 ateef

ateef

Waiting For One!!!

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Religion:ISLAM
  • Interests:Anything that Interests Me...

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:46 AM

@ Sahar_Zaidi...My Bother...Let Me...Tell You...Show them SHIA REFERENCES....Or else they will slander you...But do not worry...I support you...You are right about the Five Time...Kaza is different Approach....

#21 sahar_zaidi

sahar_zaidi

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:36 AM

the thing that always irritated me is calling me brother .sahar is girls name so please call me sister

Edited by sahar_zaidi, 14 September 2012 - 03:39 AM.

#22 sahar_zaidi

sahar_zaidi

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:56 AM

Imam Jafar Sadiq (pbuh) said: "The superiority of Salah (Salat, Namaz) performed in the earliest moments over the one offered in the last moments of its specified time is the same as the superiority of the Hereafter over this world."

Imam Ali bin Moosa Al Ridha (pbuh) said: "When it is time for Salah (Salat, Namaz), perform your prayers; you never know what will happen afterwards ... Nothing is dearer to Almighty Allah than Salah (Salat, Namaz). Worldly affairs must not detract you from the prayer timings. Do not delay your prayers (from the prescribed timings) for no reason. Always perform your Salah (Salat, Namaz) on its best time."

#23 ghulam-e-ali

ghulam-e-ali

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 182 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:31 AM

The 5 daily prayers are clearly mentioned in the Quran, for easy reference see: (1) The Dawn Prayer (Fajr) given in 11:114, 24:58 (2) The Noon Prayer (Zuhr) given in 17:78 and 30:18 (3) The Afternoon Prayer (Asr) given in 2:238 (4) The sunset Prayer (Maghrib) given in 11:114 (5) The Night Prayer (Isha) given in 24:58

Salam

I believe you have not pondered on the fact that most of these verses do not mention Five prayers in any of these. I am speaking of what the verses speak of.

Like, the first verse you have presented, from 11/114

Let us see that

And keep up prayer in the two parts of the day and in the first hours of the night; surely good deeds take away evil deeds this is a reminder to the mindful.

This verse is actually telling you the Three times

Verse 24/58 you mentioned, has nothing to do with Times of Salat at all, it says

O you who believe! let those whom your right hands possess and those of you who have not attained to puberty ask permission of you three times; before the morning prayer, and when you put off your clothes at midday in summer, and after the prayer of the nightfall; these are three times of privacy for you;

verse 17/78, as per you means, zuhr prayers. But if you pay attention, it says

Keep up prayer from the declining of the sun till the darkness of the night and the morning recitation; surely the morning recitation is witnessed.

Again, it shows Three times. I am amazed that rather than concentrating on the fact that it shows three times, you took Noon prayers in it. It is rather speaking of Time of Zuhur and Asr together

Verse 30/18 says, and I will include verse 17 as well

17. Therefore glory be to Allah when you enter upon the time of the evening and when you enter upon the time of the morning.

18. And to Him belongs praise in the heavens and the earth, and at nightfall and when you are at midday.

This verse shows 4 times

Verse 2/238

Attend constantly to prayers and to the middle prayer and stand up truly obedient to Allah.

It is not giving us any thing about timings.............

So you gave reference of 5 verses

Two of these are mentioning 3 times
One is mentioning 4 times
and two are not mentioning times at all.

There is a verse (130) of Surat Taha, and it says

So bear patiently what they say, and glorify the praises of your Lord before the rising of the sun, and before its setting, and during some hours of the night, and at the ends of the day , that you may become pleased with the reward which Allâh shall give you.

Again, we see 4 times.

And then we have verses 39 and 40 of Surat Qaaf

39. Therefore be patient of what they say, and sing the praise of your Lord before the rising of the sun and before the setting.

40. And glorify Him in the night and after the prayers.

Again, we see 3 times

So, Actually we do not have any verse which mentions 5 times clearly.

Edited by ghulam-e-ali, 14 September 2012 - 11:35 AM.

#24 ghulam-e-ali

ghulam-e-ali

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 182 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:57 AM

why we shia always give references of combine prayer form sunni book. do we have any evidance in our shia books.

We find in Al Kafi, 3/286

1 - ãÍãÏ Èä íÍíì¡ Úä ÃÍãÏ Èä ãÍãÏ¡ Úä Úáí Èä ÇáÍßã¡ Úä ÚÈÏ Çááå Èä ÈßíÑ¡ Úä ÒÑÇÑÉ¡ Úä ÃÈí ÚÈÏ Çááå (Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã) ÞÇá: ÕáìÑÓæá Çááå (Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÂáå) ÈÇáäÇÓ ÇáÙåÑ æÇáÚÕÑ Ííä ÒÇáÊ ÇáÔãÓ Ýí ÌãÇÚÉ ãä ÛíÑ ÚáÉ æÕáì Èåã ÇáãÛÑÈ æÇáÚÔÇÁ ÇáÂÎÑÉ ÞÈá ÓÞæØ ÇáÔÝÞ ãä ÛíÑ ÚáÉ Ýí ÌãÇÚÉ æÅäãÇ ÝÚá ÑÓæá Çááå Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÂáå áíÊÓÚ ÇáæÞÊ Úáì ÃãÊå

This narration is authentic (Mauthiq) as per Allama Majlisi (MIraat ul Uqool, 15/51), and it clearly states it from Imam Abu Abdullah asws who said that Holy Prophet asws combined Zuhur and Asr; and simlarly Maghrib and Isha without any problem in order to ease it for us

why in shia mosque call for adhan 3 time aday? i was in a Iran and Iraq last year and i heard 3 time adhan only

Sheikh Jawahiri writes in his Jawahir ul Kalam, 19/65

ÞÇáÇáÕÇÏÞ (Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã) Ýí ÕÍíÍ ãäÕæÑ (1) " ÕáÇÉ ÇáãÛÑÈ æÇáÚÔÇÁ ÈÌãÚ ÈÃÐÇä æÇÍÏ æÅÞÇãÊíä¡ æáÇ ÊÕá ÈíäåãÇ ÈÔÆ¡ ÞÇá: åßÐÇ Õáì ÑÓæá Çááå Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÂáå "

Imam Jafar us Sadiq said in Sahih Narration to offer Maghrib and Isha with One Adhan and two Iqama, and that this is the way of Prophet asws................

Agha Khoi writes in his Kitab us Salat, 2/298

ÕÍíÍÉ ÑåØ ãäåã ÇáÝÖíá æÒÑÇÑÉ Úä ÃÈí ÌÚÝÑ Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã Ãä ÑÓæá Çááå Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÂáå ÌãÚ Èíä ÇáÙåÑ æÇáÚÕÑ ÈÃÐÇä æÅÞÇãÊíä¡ æÌãÚ Èíä ÇáãÛÑÈ æÇáÚÔÇÁ ÈÃÐÇä æÇÍÏ æÅÞÇãÊíä (1).
æÕÍíÍÉ ÚÈÏ Çááå Èä ÓäÇä Úä ÇáÕÇÏÞ Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã Ãä ÑÓæá Çááå Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÂáå ÌãÚ Èíä ÇáÙåÑ æÇáÚÕÑ ÈÃÐÇä æÅÞÇãÊíä¡ æÌãÚ Èíä ÇáãÛÑÈ æÇáÚÔÇÁ Ýí ÇáÍÖÑ ãä ÛíÑ ÚáÉ ÈÃÐÇä æÇÍÏ æÅÞÇãÊíä (2).

that is

In Sahih of Fadeel and Zurara, Imam Abu Jafar asws said that Holy Prophet asws combined Zuhur and Asr with one Adhan and two Iqamat. And combined Maghrib and Isha with One Adhan and two Iqamat

and in Sahih of Abdullah bin Sinan, Imam Sadiq asws said that Holy Prophet combined Zuhur and Asr with ONe Adhan and two Iqamat. and same for Maghrib and Isha, when he was resident, and without any other reason with one Adhan and two iqamat.

#25 Ali_Hussain

Ali_Hussain

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:08 PM

^ I think the point she is trying to make is just that our mosques don't call the adha5 times a day.

Either way, no sane person can believe that either the Prophet (s) or the Imams Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã used to combine their prayers all or most of the time, or else, people wouldn't be pulling out a handful of narrations to 'prove' - many of the narrations don't even portray it as a normal incident. We would be looking for the narrations where the prayers were prayed seperately

Don't these people wonder why at ghadir khumm, they didn't combine? Why in the whole incident leading up to karbala, we don't find them combining their prayers.

Edited by Ali_Hussain, 14 September 2012 - 12:09 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users