Sign in to follow this  
Gypsy

How Many Pounds/kilos Did You Lose

I did not fast this year as I was travelling the whole month of Ramadan but usually I gain, yes gain, on average five kilos. Slow metabolism coupled with all the food at iftar...and I end up gaining after every Ramadan cycle :dry:

I marvel at those of you who actually loose weight in Ramadan lool.

Finally down to 300 lbs after Ramadan. I think i lost close to 150 lbs this Ramadan.

You are kidding brother? Shouldn't you be hospitalized? No one can lose that much weight drastically without making themselves sick.

I gain some kilos every ramadan.. I believe it is because, only in Ramadan I have meals at regular times.. :)

We don't have meals at regular time. The breakfast is too early and the dinner is too late.

What does regular timing means to you? Explain pls.

Edited by Gypsy

I did not fast this year as I was travelling the whole month of Ramadan but usually I gain, yes gain, on average five kilos. Slow metabolism coupled with all the food at iftar...and I end up gaining after every Ramadan cycle :dry:

I marvel at those of you who actually loose weight in Ramadan lool.

There's nothing to marvel here.

You skip lunch in the month of Ramadhan. And you don't feel like eating in the early hours of morning. So, the only decent meal you are getting is the dinner.

If you continuously have deficit of calories, then you are bound to lose some weight.

We don't have meals at regular time. The breakfast is too early and the dinner is too late.

What does regular timing means to you? Explain pls.

The breakfast and dinner times usually change for me.. Sometimes I don't even have breakfast..

By that I meant fixed times.. when in Ramadan I eat less, but the times for meals almost the same everyday

may change a minute everyday but still it is good for me :)

Edited by HamzaTR

There's nothing to marvel here.

You skip lunch in the month of Ramadhan. And you don't feel like eating in the early hours of morning. So, the only decent meal you are getting is the dinner.

If you continuously have deficit of calories, then you are bound to lose some weight.

I think all those who loose weight in Ramadan are sort of lucky. They don't have to do bone jarring exercises and resort to dieting to loose weight.

If you aren't putting enough calories in your system then of course you loose weight. But the fact or probably the fear of going without food and water the whole day makes some of us eat a lot of food in the sehr and iftar.

Those of us who can easily eat as much as they want in the sehr and then at iftar end up gaining.

The breakfast and dinner times usually change for me.. Sometimes I don't even have breakfast..

By that I meant fixed times.. when in Ramadan I eat less, but the times for meals almost the same everyday

may change a minute everyday but still it is good for me :)

Have you tried to pack lunch or breakfast and take it with you?

You can even take some fruits with you like bananas or apples.

But surely even a busy person like yourself have time for dinner? :unsure:

I was on a diet/exercise regime before Ramadhan for about 5-6 weeks and I lost 1 stone (14 pounds). For the first 2 weeks of Ramadhan, I didn't fast because I was in Iran. I then fasted for the last 2 weeks of Ramadhan when I arrived back to England.

My weight has remained the same, which I'm glad about because I thought I had put on.