Sign in to follow this  
islam313

Who Is The Biggest Leader In The Shia World Today

Rate this question

Question

36 answers to this question

We may not see the sun when it is behind the clouds, but it is nevertheless the sun that sustains us. Likewise, the Imam of our time - Imam Mahdi (aj) - is sustaining and leading the ummah today. I don't think that there's any doubt that Sayed Ali Khamenei is next on that list - regardless of anyone's views on him and his government.

as salam aleikom

regarding to the current situation in the world and the fact that iran is the only shia state at the moment, Imam Khamenei is by logic and common sense the most important leader in the shia world. he is attentive, speaks clearly against oppression and arrogance and is an active fighter for shia rights!

the problem of Hz Imam mahdi(as) is, that his eminence is not leading "active" the ummah, that means we cant see his action and his commands directly, so that the question about Imam mahdi(as) is the biggest leader are an uncorrect answer is. we have to be focused on the leaders this time and sure we cant compare any of them with imam mahdis(as) unique role as a leader but after his role as a unique leader, Imam khamenei is playing a significant role in bringing the day closer of hz imam mahdi(as) coz i have not seen any leader this time who spoke more open and more clearly, what the matter of the ummah is. supporting the islamic revolution and supporting imam khamenei means that we are supporting the strength of the islamic ummah and the return of hz. imam mahdi(as) inshallah.

Then if Sistani And Khamenei (Rah) have to both pass on tomorrow, then when asked who is your leader what would you say?

Brother, the concept of leadership is central in Islam, even to the point where even if two believers travel together one of them should be the leader.

The likes of Shaheed Sayyed Abbas al Musawi, Marhum Sayyed al Khomeini and Sayyed Musa al Sadr (whose news we await eagerly) were also leaders before, and alhamdulillah others took over after them.

Well good thing you know how to end it.

Inappropriate comment to a sister in faith.

its really strange. i think we are forgetting the most basic point about leadership of Muslim or Shiite community. if by leader you mean Vali-ul faqih you should keep in mind that most of great Mujtahedin of Shia doubt that Khamenei is the right one. you can find it simply by reviewing their sayings.

Imam Mahdi. We don't need anyone else. He's not dead.

thats nonsense, sorry. are u agree with me that imam mahdi(as) is the most educated person in the world? if we would follow your logic then we would not need any other islamic teacher in the world because he could never teach or educate us like imam mahdi(as)can. imam mahdi(as)isnt active leading us at the moment, thats a fact, so as long we dont have a alive leadership, we should get guided by the most competent leaders we have and nobody is saying imam khamenei is replacing imam mahdis(as) position-aouthubillah....

Imam Mahdi a.s. is the best leader, and the only one.

and who told he isn't??? thats not an conversation it sounds like stubbornness, sorry but stick to facts please!

no shia is allowed to disbelieve the unique position of imam mahdi(as) and no shia is allowed to say that he owns the leadership of imam mahdi(as), so where is the problem then??

if u dont want get led by imam khamenei than get led by imam mahdi(as) but i hope that u have good contact to imam zaman(as) otherwise if u dont get commands direct from him than tell me how u get guided at the moment? except that imam mahdi(as) isnt leading u at the moment and honestly its better for me to get led by imam khamenei as by myself.

AHI    1

Is it not funny to differentiate between our shia leaders (maraj3) while none of our islamic role models has done so?

In the first place we should really appreciate the fact that we currently have many shia leaders in this world. This particularly shows how unique our religion is. Unlike other streamings in islam, shia islam does not force you to follow one's ideology nor do we have something which is called "saheeh" (perfect/right). "Taqlid" is the part of our religion which shows how open minded, democratic and anti-strict our religion actually is. In this perspective, you have to follow whoever has a complementary ideology to you. Even the first page of every "taqlid" book written by our leaders states very clearly that one should follow whoever he/she thinks has the greatest knowledge. So actually there is no "biggest" or "best" to this whole issue. It is all about people's different opinions. Nevertheless, this does not mean that all other "maraj3" are simply wrong because you do not follow them. In addition to this, every leader specializes in a certain islamic topic besides the general islamic knowledge. Did you know that even the leaders themselves inquire about certain topics at different leaders whom specialize in that specific field?

It actually does not matter who you follow, but more importantly is to respect all other leaders. Even if they have a totally different view with regards to certain topics, this does not mean that they lack in any kind of knowledge. This is exactly where "taqlid" comes into its place, whenever there is a difference in opinion follow your leader. I mean there are more than five ways of reading the quran, lets stand interpreting the holy book.

khameneivoter,

I didn’t mean to offend you I gave my honest opinion. Each to his own, brother. If you wish to follow Khamenei it's your choice, if I wish to follow Imam Mahdi a.s. no problem.

You say that Imam Mahdi a.s. is leader and no one can share his leadership, then in the same sentence you say Khamenei is leader. If Mahdi a.s. is higher than Khamenei why do you follow Khamenei that was my point.

if u dont want get led by imam khamenei than get led by imam mahdi(as) but i hope that u have good contact to imam zaman(as)

I have what I need to follow Alhamdulillah.

And please don’t refer to Khamenei as Imam, the title of Imam is reserved only for Mahdi a.s.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recent Posts on ShiaChat!

• @Fakeha Not sure what your problem is. Can you please explain more?
    • Quran says: "it is no wrong for a Momin to keep the wish to marry a woman but do not keep secret friendship". 1st point allows to wish for marriage and wish comes when you want some person to be with you and that's love. 2nd point forbids from girl friend / boy friend relationship.  @Waseem162 and @Islandsandmirrors Make peace 
    • Allow me to go through the thought process with you,   So there is a universe with a huge complexity in it, it seems you want to know where and how it came into existence. We know it came, and there was nothing before it so if God created the Universe then how did he come/exist prior to something that wasn't there? Scientifically, space and time are bound, if you live in space you are bound by time, but time isn't absolute so it would be very much possible that if you were of no matter at all and 'existed' outside the realm of space then time isn't something that applies for you. The best way I imagine it is as imagine a train travelling across the earth, the universe is that train, it is moving and the movement is time, everything outside the train, the earth itself is 'God' he can see the train move but doesn't matter where it moves it is still within his grasp, it makes no difference it's position to his existence, he is just there. So due to space-time link, it is very much possible for God to exist given his nature which is thoroughly explained in the Quran. Now how can I be so sure God created the Universe? Think about the laws of the Universe. They are absolute and doesn't matter where you are, you cannot change them, e.g. you cannot destroy or create matter for example. And before your atheist friends attack you with this, you can change some things like the boiling point of water for example, but that isn't one of the natural laws that's just a property. So for the Universe to exist something had to happen, a reaction, matter + anti-matter, blast of energy whatever you want you can choose. However, whatever it was it would have to still follow a set of rules, like for matter and anti-matter to react, there are laws of nature that dictate they will react. So where did the foundation rules of the Universe come from? If there was nothing prior how could they have existed? All you need to do it look into the complexity of nature and you will know something is up. Now here's an 'offence' question for you, if God doesn't exist wouldn't it be all about survival then? Why don't we look up to thieves, rapists, murderers etc. who live only for themselves? they are going to disappear into a void at the end of life, so no matter what you do it has no impact and you will never feel anybody else's pain because you can't switch bodies, no accountability so why don't we go mad? even better, why don't we all just commit suicide? If your life is a struggle and you're not rich enjoying all the pleasures of the world, it would make perfect sense to just kill all ourselves. But what about life and experiencing it? Well, it makes no difference whether you lived 1 year or 100 years if it is all going to perish. Imagine I told you to build a castle as glorious as you can, once you're done I will destroy it all, would you bother? If you knew it will perish immediately is there a point? Would you buy a house if you knew it would be knocked down? Nope, so why invest time and pain into a life that will soon terminate and you don't even know when! Plus nobody can argue with you about morality because it would have no foundation, seize to exist if there is no 'purpose' for anything. This is the reality of the atheist position it, to me seems a lot worse than one with hope in something greater.  So as a challenge, can you prove to me it is bad to kill someone I don't like if I knew I would never be caught, punished or held accountable? Although there are many more points, I will leave it there. for the time being.
    • When the ground is slippery,the chances of slipping increase exponentially. Although Ahle kitab i.e Christians,Jews etc are pak according to Ayatollah Sistani.(But you cannot eat meat cooked by them unless you are sure that it is halal) http://www.sistani.org/english/qa/01120/ If you can find another place to live then it is better for you else you can check the above link and act accordingly.If you feel that you will fall in to sinning that you MUST look for other accomodations.  
    • That's the point. That there wasn't anything for his enemies to say that you were weak before how could you now say that you are a Prophet while it can be your obsession right now. But those people took those things seriously. They took it serious and you yourself admitted that none can be like him in this present age and now you believe that he wasn't ordinary but extraordinary. You seem to reject your views bro and that's a good sign. You think that God is not wise to let loopholes in prophethood that anyone may come and claim in such way?  You should learn the story of Hazrat Ibrahim a.s who said that weak is not God while implying towards setting sun, moon and heavenly bodies. No one could pass the seive of Prophet and Imamate except those who are Prophets and Imams. Anyone who does so will be humiliated and die a miserable life.  The weaknesses which sunni aqeedah has let Ghulam Ahmed to claim Prophethood and Imamate. While he failed in the infallibility test of shia faith. If anyone who turns back from shia belief to claim imamate, he would seek help from sunni aqeedah because shia aqeedah cannot be tempered or violated.