Sign in to follow this  
786YaMahdizamana

The Hijab Of Fatima (sa) Or Aisha Lecture

Rate this topic

As far as I'm aware, wearing the Niqaab is NOT wajib, but some Marja recommend the Niqaab for women who have very attractive faces.

Someone could perhaps confirm by quoting the ahadith. I'll be looking for them myself, so be right back.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't realize this was in the Sisters' forum. I simply clicked on it from the New Topics section on the homepage. If anyone is uncomfortable with me posting, please let a mod/admin know so they can delete my post and inform me through PM.

Edited by HellHound

No it's okay, I would like everyone to answer. I just didn't know where to post it lol. So I posted it here in the sister forum.

But that is what I knew too. But he said that even if a female is 'ugly' (as the translation said) and men will look at her face, and then talk to her because of that then she needs to to do niqab. As a precaution, so like men don't talk to her? he also said that we are not aloud to where colorful hijabs. Bu thank you, please let me know if you find a ahadith.

In all honesty, i dont think its WAJIB, but i definately understand WHY they do it in Hijaz/Saudi Arabia, whether it was Ahlul Bayt or the people there now. Its because the bedouin arabs, are the biggest God damn pervs on the PLANET. I went to Omra recently with my wife, and the biggest test of patience for me was not dealing with wahabis, but rather dealing with men who would not even try to hide the fact that they were looking at my wifes face. It was to the extent that we would be walking to Masjid Rasul a.s or the Kaaba and groups of men would just stop talking and alllllllll turn their heads and look at her face. Old young, sheik or just your every day guy they REALLY do not know how to be moderate and just glance.

Everyone looks at the other person, i do it you do it everyone does, but there is a massive difference between noticing someone and straight up STARING

I would even say SALAMU ALAYKUM to their faces, they would ignore me and keep looking at my wife as we walked past. I swear to God, i personally dont like the niqab but if we stayed one more week there, then i would of got my wife to wear one, because i couldnt handle it no more, it was really reallly creepy.

That being said, i dont know why girls wear it in the west and make such a big God damn deal about it. No one cares about you here lol they might look and keep going, they have other half naked chicks to look at.

But no i do not have hadiths, but i guess thats my personal interpretation, of why when and how they wear it, be it Fatima al Zahra2 a.s or Aisha (i dont even know if they wore them lol), simply because the men in that region are as barbaric animals. Dogs show more respect to each other, and dont even stare like that.

Edited by Ricky-Dee

Wearing the Niqaab was a Sunnah of bibi Fatimah (as), at least according to what I have seen on SC. The only person besides her immediate family (as) who had seen her face was Salman al-Muhammadi (ra) , because he was basically declared part of the Ahlul Bayt (as) .

In conclusion, one can say that wearing the Niqaab is observing the Sunnah of the purest lady (as) to walk the earth, but it's ultimately the choice of the one who wishes or not wishes to wear it.

(salam)

I wanted to add a little more. I sometimes stare at Hijabis (Niqaabis not so much) for a good 5-7 seconds until I realize what I am doing, but during these 5-7 seconds, instead of lustful thoughts, I say to myself, "How blessed this sister is with the mercy of Allah, and how lucky the man she will marry/is married to must be"

Is that bad? I mean, I just hold Hijabis in high esteem... :donno:

In all honesty, i dont think its WAJIB, but i definately understand WHY they do it in Hijaz/Saudi Arabia, whether it was Ahlul Bayt or the people there now. Its because the bedouin arabs, are the biggest God damn pervs on the PLANET. I went to Omra recently with my wife, and the biggest test of patience for me was not dealing with wahabis, but rather dealing with men who would not even try to hide the fact that they were looking at my wifes face. It was to the extent that we would be walking to Masjid Rasul a.s or the Kaaba and groups of men would just stop talking and alllllllll turn their heads and look at her face. Old young, sheik or just your every day guy they REALLY do not know how to be moderate and just glance.

Everyone looks at the other person, i do it you do it everyone does, but there is a massive difference between noticing someone and straight up STARING

I would even say SALAMU ALAYKUM to their faces, they would ignore me and keep looking at my wife as we walked past. I swear to God, i personally dont like the niqab but if we stayed one more week there, then i would of got my wife to wear one, because i couldnt handle it no more, it was really reallly creepy.

That being said, i dont know why girls wear it in the west and make such a big God damn deal about it. No one cares about you here lol they might look and keep going, they have other half naked chicks to look at.

But no i do not have hadiths, but i guess thats my personal interpretation, of why when and how they wear it, be it Fatima al Zahra2 a.s or Aisha (i dont even know if they wore them lol), simply because the men in that region are as barbaric animals. Dogs show more respect to each other, and dont even stare like that.

Omg I agree with you about that because I usto to live there. Actually I was born there and lived only until I was about 3 and 11 months lol. And I have memories from there. one is of seeing the Kaaba and then someone pinching me when I was there and some other memories like my brothers going up and down on saafa and marwa. But my mom had told me about her experience which was related to some bad muslim touching her in the most innapropriate place -__- makes me really mad. and my dad was like pushed over so many times like during wudhu or salaah. Like they went alot because they lived in Saudi for like 15 years or something. I don't understand why but I usto hate when someone would stare at me in school or anywhere (USA) especially if I didn't like them. I would make a mean face but they would still stare. but it doesn't happen anymore alhumduliah. because I didn't go to public school since last year but I'm going this year again lol. I really don't know the reason for why they would do that.

lolol yeah I think there it better to make yourself hidden as possible but I mean because they are so usto to seeing hidden women..they can't stop themselves when they see something diffrent

I met some girl a few days ago and she resides in Jeddah or something and she was telling me how desperate the men are there and what they would do to get the opposite genders attention.they would throw out their cards or something with their number on it lol. It's only because the wahabism system doesn't support in helping people keep there desires at low. It just destroys their desire because its strictness in their wahabi system doesn't give any explanation for why their are enforcing such laws. I think Fatima Zahra would because her daughter did and I've heard that in majalis.

Wearing the Niqaab was a Sunnah of bibi Fatimah (as), at least according to what I have seen on SC. The only person besides her immediate family (as) who had seen her face was Salman al-Muhammadi (ra) , because he was basically declared part of the Ahlul Bayt (as) .

In conclusion, one can say that wearing the Niqaab is observing the Sunnah of the purest lady (as) to walk the earth, but it's ultimately the choice of the one who wishes or not wishes to wear it.

Thankyou! Wow I didn't know about that thanks for sharing! Yes I agree that it is choice. It's just that it's hard to wear it in the U.S. in my opinion.

(salam)

I wanted to add a little more. I sometimes stare at Hijabis (Niqaabis not so much) for a good 5-7 seconds until I realize what I am doing, but during these 5-7 seconds, instead of lustful thoughts, I say to myself, "How blessed this sister is with the mercy of Allah, and how lucky the man she will marry/is married to must be"

Is that bad? I mean, I just hold Hijabis in high esteem... :donno:

Well I mean I don't think it's bad. I don't know about others. But for me I usually see guys doing dawah or something or like for instance they are shia and they have a beard lol so it makes me happy. And I usaully pray that Allah blesses them.and usaully its the big reasons that make me pray something like that like maybe they avoid touching the opposite genders hand, helping someway some person or animal lol etc. Like it's hard to actually find men like that...lol..but if it comes in my view then I would pray for Allah to bless them. And also when i see old men with white beards it makes me so happy lol (but I like if they were practicing Muslims).

But anyways Allah knows exactly why you did an action.. I mean I even get worried because your eyes fall on someone and it was never on purpose. I mean its a blessing to actually see a practicing Muslim in this world.

This is all my opinion and I may be saying things that may be wrong and I don't have a lot of knowledge so please forgive me.

Well when u do hajj and umra u cannot wear niqab so that demonstrates niqab is not wajib (compulsory). However if a woman attracts the looks of men on account of her extreme beauty it is best for her to wear niqab.

wearing a niqab is not wajib, and i find some of Sheikh Yasser Habib's lectures and views a bit excessive

Salam w alaikom. I wear niqab and I'm proud of it Alhamdollilah. I did it beacuse I felt so much fitnah was going on. I have an attractiv face and I always felt that it was always something wrong when I used to go out without niqab only my hijab and my abaya. I used to always regret going out cuz I felt that I did fitnah even if I did lower my gaze but I felt it wasn't enough. I started using niqab for about 1 week ago, and now Alhamdollilah I've never felt so free, I can come home without regreting for going out. I live in Norway and here in Oslo it's a lot of Wahhabis that is wearing the niqab, but I'm a follower of Alhlul-Bayt (as) and I'm so proud of my niqab. I really need your dua's sisters and brothers. And May Allah swt make it easy for us all in shaa Allah. Jazakum Allahu khayr.

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/salam.gif

Is that bad? I mean, I just hold Hijabis in high esteem... http://www.shiachat.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/ermm.gif

Yeah but that can be also avoided

Face is ones ID... then a handsome man should cover his face too. Why not in hot countries they still do - either to protect if from the harmful effects of sun and dust or if they have something to hide ie typical of a sufyani/wahhabi terrorist.

According to the Quran, women are instructed to cast their khimaars over their breasts because in pre Islamic Arabia, women tied their veils to the back of their head, revealing their necks, chests and most of their hair. Allah told them to bring their head coverings to the front to cast over their chests so the hijab our sisters take today is correct. It also says that women must wear an outer garment so that their figure is not visible e.g. an abaya, long coat, loose shirt etc. Women must also not strike their feet to gain attention which means that they must wear socks. This is the hijab. Imam Jafar Sadiq(AS) has also permitted that the oval of the face and the hands up to the wrists can be revealed however the rest must be covered. The rest is an awrah and must be covered. The burka was something worn by women of Bani Hashim. This was only because they were extremely pious and didn't want anyone to see them. It is not obligatory, but rather a choice. If a women does wear it then their is a lot of reward for her