Sign in to follow this  
Guest LadyNadine

Rhinoplastic (both Geners Allowed)

Rate this topic

Only for legitimate medical reasons, I think. I had my nose fixed a couple of months ago - they corrected my septum since it was a bit crooked from when I broke my nose at 6 years old, and they cleared out a sinus infection. The recovery was horrible and disgusting. After the surgery I threw up blood because of the blood that had went down my stomach during the surgery. I was spitting mucous blood for a week and a half, and I wasn't supposed to get out of bed during recovery and it was like 5 days before I could have real shower. Oh and when they take the splints and the stuffing out and clear out the crusting blood, it's awful if you have a low threshold for pain. I took painkillers and I still couldn't bare it...

It was a bit odd because everyone would always tell me my nose was a little crooked and I had no idea what they were talking about, but then after the surgery I noticed that my nose was a lot straighter when I looked into the mirror. I guess it was crooked after all lol

I understand though, about what you say about some people "needing" it. It's not really about other people loving them, but rather about their own self esteem. I'm one of those people that thinks everyone should accept themselves as they are, but if it's really making you insecure and not confident, it's your choice. No one can really stop you.

Is plastic surgery Haram?? or disliked what is the ruling on it?? now would plastic surgery be haram if it was not for the purpose of pleasing other people but for ones own need to be at ease/calmness with themself, like if a particular feature causes great stress and shame to a person, and they would like to improve the look or function of it would it be haram?

Guest WolverineX

Wow a lot of people post here. Well I don't see anything wrong as fixing one imaged. We live in a society where imaged matters. I don't think anyone here can deny that. But I do agree love urself what Allah has given you. I also agree that a person should do it for themselves and not for other people.

Everyone keeps saying it is haram, but lets face it. If you had a chance at doing it, I'm sure you all would. :) I'm just saying.

For medical reasons, I don't see any issues. For "aesthetic" reasons, I think it's more of a psychological issue. People need to accept their beauty as Allah swt has ordained for them. If you love and respect yourself then others will too.

Only for legitimate medical reasons, I think. I had my nose fixed a couple of months ago - they corrected my septum since it was a bit crooked from when I broke my nose at 6 years old, and they cleared out a sinus infection. The recovery was horrible and disgusting. After the surgery I threw up blood because of the blood that had went down my stomach during the surgery. I was spitting mucous blood for a week and a half, and I wasn't supposed to get out of bed during recovery and it was like 5 days before I could have real shower. Oh and when they take the splints and the stuffing out and clear out the crusting blood, it's awful if you have a low threshold for pain. I took painkillers and I still couldn't bare it...

It was a bit odd because everyone would always tell me my nose was a little crooked and I had no idea what they were talking about, but then after the surgery I noticed that my nose was a lot straighter when I looked into the mirror. I guess it was crooked after all lol

I understand though, about what you say about some people "needing" it. It's not really about other people loving them, but rather about their own self esteem. I'm one of those people that thinks everyone should accept themselves as they are, but if it's really making you insecure and not confident, it's your choice. No one can really stop you.

Thank you for the very detailed description... Lol :P

I agree, if theres a legitimate medical reason then a person should get any kind of correctional surgery needed.

Correct me of I'm wrong though, aren't we supposed to be thankful for the bodies we have. Who are we to think we know more than our Creator? Personally I feel like one is implying that He didn't do such a good job, "so I'll just fix this, and maybe that"

Just the idea of it doesn't sit well with me.

Thing is that it says something about one's self respect when a person's version of "beautiful" means not looking like a member of their own race, and instead looking like someone of, well, mine.

Lol true, very true.

If someone would not marry you simply because of your nose, they are the most shallow and retarded people in the world.

LOL thank you for your kind words.

In the iraqi culture, it's usually the mother who chooses a girl for her son .. so she thinks that no lady will choose me because my nose is not perfect .

I like big noses and thick eyebrows :dry:

lol I think big noses are ugly on women but they're alright on men ;)

That's dumb. I would never let my mom pick my wife. I would value her input, but the decision ultimately lies with the couple.

Mothers and aunties are notoriously known for their bad taste. never allow them to chose your spouse for you lol

^^ You probably think that because you are a man. Ask a woman.

Anyway, seriously? What's the big deal? If someone is unhappy about their appearance, they're the one's that are going to live with that, not you. In my opinion, you don't need anyone's opinion on this subject. I don't agree with restructuring your face, but slightly correcting a feature that you're unhappy about should be fine. I'm not encouraging surgery, but living with low self esteem can be daunting. Do what you like people.

Cheers

I don't see what's wrong with someone getting plastic surgery. I mean, if they want to correct their nose, then sure why not? It's none of our business whatsoever. And just because someone is getting a rhinoplasty or botox or lips augmentation does not mean they are insecure about themselves. At the end of the day, you aren't the person to judge them. It's THEIR face, NOT yours.

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum.

Reminds me of my young brother who likes to measure his nose by seeing how many fingers goes across his nose. FYI: It's 3, and mine is 2. lol

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

^^ You probably think that because you are a man. Ask a woman.

Anyway, seriously? What's the big deal? If someone is unhappy about their appearance, they're the one's that are going to live with that, not you. In my opinion, you don't need anyone's opinion on this subject. I don't agree with restructuring your face, but slightly correcting a feature that you're unhappy about should be fine. I'm not encouraging surgery, but living with low self esteem can be daunting. Do what you like people.

Cheers

Am not a man lol I was just saying comparing it to men, big noses doesn't look nice on women. but I agree with everything you said on ur post apart from correcting a facial feature to boost ones self esteem. the size of ones nose shouldn't be a big deal at all. at the end of the day, no one should seek other ppl's approval. they didn't choose the size of their noses its a gift from Allah that should be embraced regardless of the size or color. its 2012, time to embrace your root lol

Edited by Ismahan007

Thing is that it says something about one's self respect when a person's version of "beautiful" means not looking like a member of their own race, and instead looking like someone of, well, mine.

But you're just so beautiful!

I broke my nose when i was 13-14 .. i was playing soccer at school and BOOM , soccer ball went on my nose .

My mom is emphasizing that I have a nose job cause no one will marry me . LOL iraqis :squeez:

I broke my nose too when I was 5 or 6. My sister pushed me from the stairs and I fell flat on my face. She was 7. I still refuse to forgive her lol. I had to go to emergency since i could no breath through my nose. Had 4 surgeries on my nose since than and its still messed up. If you can't get married I definitely wont get married.

Salam,

I'm another victim of nose accidents. Broke my nose 3 times and have done corrective surgeries twice. So, the third surgery is coming up soon, because of the deviated nasal septum and the extra cartilage that's messing up the nose.

Although I wish to have a better shaped nose, I have to admit that it has never influenced my life in anyway/aspect (+/-proposals) and neither has it affected my self-esteem. I've wished the guys to propose on other basis than on my nose.

Sure, the deviated nasal septum has some effect on my breathing and other physiological things, but nothing serious. It's just a thing I like to fix, since I've already done it twice. But to be honest, there is of course a pinch of vanity. Why else should I fix it?

Reach higher level of Taqwa? To get closer to God?

Edited by Morning light

If your un happy with it, then change it. If your happy then keep it.

Im just against those who keep their lips puffed up like crazy 24-7. Yeah ok maybe for an occasion or something, but dont forget your going to get old one day lol. Augmentation, come on guys, dont act innocent we wouldnt all love a pair of silicon valley fakes, big or small it doesnt matter lol

Ultimately its up to them. On the day of Judgement each person shall be judged accordingly. But if your reshaping your whole face just so you look White then im against that big time

Edited by Ricky-Dee

Salam aleikum-

I thought it was haram-besides that,i would feel guilty to spend X amount of money to have cosmetic surgery done on myself (unless it was medically needed),when I am fully aware of people and children starving,and families losing their homes from lack of work/money, etc.I mean,if its haram,its haram-cant do it...If its NOT haram,and If I had lots of money, I could probably try to balance it out by donating an equal ammount of money to a charity, or sponsoring an orphan, but either way, I'd still pretty much be stating that Allahs job wasnt good enough, or that humans opinions of me were more important:( I dont know-maybe I would think WAY different if I had a serious deformity or something...Iam poor myself,but eventually,when I get through school and can get a decent job and be able to take care of myself, the first thing I want to do is sponsor an orphan,.Cosmetic surgery isnt even on my list.As for everyone else, they are going to do what they want to do-I just hope for their sake, they investigate enough to find out if it is indeed haram or not BEFORE putting themselves in a bad situation in the hereafter.Us humans are SO capable of justifying our behaviors and trying to bend Allahs rules just to suit our wants/desires,lol-

PEACE everyone:)