Sign in to follow this  
Ali.20

Which Muslim Sect Is The True One?

Rate this topic

AlSalam Alaykum:

I want to know which is the True sect of Islam. I am not a divider, but I know that beliefs may differ between the sects. I watch other sects' video and it kinda inspire me and make me go to them. Please state as much as possible and say why it is the true sect because I have OCD and I get doubts on things, so I want to see a clear picture.

Thank you.

The genuinely good well intentioned people, of all different sects and kinds, that are trying their utmost bests to please Allah a.j., depending on the amount of "knowledge" they have received are all on one same line, the true path of felicity... The end.

Beliefs which can discover you truly is the true religion and sect.

Well that is just a theory. No one in this world can possibly show you the true sect because in this sense every one is right or claim to be right one. This is the question you have to ask yourself.

(bismillah)

Sallam Alykum,

You can't come to a Shia site and ask for the true sect just as you can't go to a Sunni site and ask. We will say we are the true Muslims and they will say they are the True Muslims.

Instead, do your own research. Read books, listen to lectures, etc. Put hours upon hours into this research. One promotional video isn't how you should base your faith upon. We can guide you to good lectures and books that can help you understand Shia Islam if you would like this. Let me know, I will have a bunch of amazing books for you to read online.

I myself put together a small "book" discussing the misconceptions people have about Shia Islam. If you are interested you can read it online at http://www.scribd.com/doc/100116706/Shia-Islam-Misunderstood

Edited by Goku

whoever clings on to the two weighty sources of guidance left behind by Rasool Allah (saww)......

Right. I said that I am not dividing the religion, but I have some problems in my faith and I got confused to the level that I don't know if Islam is the true religion.

(bismillah)

(salam)

The inevitable fact is that there are many sects present in Islam today, and one of them is the truth

What makes you believe that all of them are not deviations?

So what do you think is the true religion.

Islam. Allah gave us many miracles so that people can believe in him. Many scientific discoveries that have been in the Qur'an for 1,400 years ago were discovered later. Islam is also logical and makes sense.

Edited by Ali.20

When I see the other sects confirms that Ali and his shia are the survived once ..then for sure Ali and his shia are the true sect of Islam>>

"Those who believe and do righteous deeds are the best of the creatures. Their reward from their Lord shall be everlasting gardens, below which flow rivers, they will abide there forever. Well pleased is God with them and they are well pleased with Him" (Qur'an 98:7)".

Muhammad bin Ali narrates in Tafsir ibne Jarir, Volume 33 page 146 (Cairo edition) that the Prophet (s) said "The best of creations are you Ali and your Shi'as."

Jalaladin Suyuti, (849 - 911 AH) is one of the highest ranked Sunni scholars of all time. In his commentary of this verse, he records through 3 asnad (chains) of narrators, that the Prophet (s) told his companions that the verse referred to Ali and his Shi'a:

"I swear by the one who controls my life that this man (Ali) and his Shi'a shall secure deliverance on the day of resurrection".

(Tafseer Durre Manthur Volume 6 page 379 (Cairo edition)

The 3 Sahaba who narrated this hadith are (1) Ali (as) himself (2) Jabir bin Abdullah Ansari (ra) (3) Abdullah ibne Abbas (ra). The majority school acknowledges them as truthful narrators of hadith. Had this been in a Shi'a book, you would have deemed it a forgery, but it's presence in your has really confused your Ulema.

There are no hadith in which the Prophet (s) guaranteed paradise for a specific Sahaba and his followers, with the sole exception of Ali (as) and his Shi'a.

Other Sunni scholars have also recorded this hadith from Jabir bin Abdullah Ansari in their commentaries of the above verse.

[Tafsir Fatha ul bayan Volume 10 page 333 (Egypt edition) & Tafsir Fatha ul Qadir, Volume 5 page 477]

Hadhrath Abdullah ibne Abbas narrates "that when this verse descended the Prophet (s) said, 'Ali you and your Shi'a will be joyful on the Day of Judgement" (Tafseer Durre Manthur Volume 6 page 379 (Cairo edition)

Ahmad ibn Hajr al Makki quotes from Imam Dar Qatany in his al Sawaiqh al Muhrriqa page 159 (Cairo edition) "O Abul Hasan, you and you Shi'a will attain paradise".

Ibn Hajr al Makki in his anti Shia book, Sawaiqh al Muhriqa, records this tradition from Imam Tabarani:

"O Ali four people will enter heaven first of all. Me, You, Hasan, and Hussain, your descendants will follow us and our wives will follow our descendants and our Shi'a will be to the left and right of us".

Hadhrath Ali narrates in Tafsir Durre Mansur, Volume 6 page 379 (Cairo edition) that Rasulullah (s) said to him:

"Have you not heard this verse "Their reward from their Lord shall be everlasting gardens, below which flow rivers, they will abide there forever"? This verse refers to you and you Shi'a, I promise you that I will be meet you at the Fountain of Kawthur".

The classical Shafii scholar al Maghazli records a tradition from Anas bin Malik that he heard the Prophet (s) say:

"Seventy thousand people will go to heaven without questions, the Prophet then turned to Ali and said 'they will be from among your Shi'a and you will be their Imam"

Manaqib Ali al Murtaza, page 184 by al Maghazli al Shafii

Edited by Karbla2eeAlhwa

(bismillah)

What makes you believe that all of them are not deviations?

If we were to say that Islam was the right religion but every sect that is present today is a deviation then in my opinion it would defeat the purpose of Allah (swt) sending down the Qur'an to the Prophet (pbuh) because it was meant to be for all of mankind up till the day of judgement

Edited by Shia_Debater

(bismillah)

If we were to say that Islam was the right religion but every sect that is present today is a deviation then in my opinion it would defeat the purpose of Allah (swt) sending down the Qur'an to the Prophet (pbuh) because it was meant to be for all of mankind up till the day of judgement

I really don't know how to thank you, taking your time to type some Hadiths for someone so he can get Hidaiya. May Allah give you sustenance.

(bismillah)

(salam)

I really don't know how to thank you, taking your time to type some Hadiths for someone so he can get Hidaiya. May Allah give you sustenance.

You are welcome brother, what I mentioned wasn't a hadith by the way, it was my personal opinion - May Allah (swt) grant you certainty in him and the right path insha'Allah :)

(bismillah)

Well, Islam can be the right religion, and even with the Quran, the religion can be deviated. This is of course factual. So, your opinion is fine, but I see no reason how it demonstrates that all sects are not deviations. Nor how you know that yours is not.

My question is...well, i was just picking at you. I'll leave you alone now.

Edited by Belial

find a sect which is maintaining balance between all sect, most importantly following ahlul bayt and hates there enemy.has a leader who guides them all the time.

(wasalam)

find a sect which is maintaining balance between all sect, most importantly following ahlul bayt and hates there enemy.has a leader who guides them all the time.

Sunnis say Mua'wiya will be in janna. The Shi'a say he will be in jahanam, without a drop of doubt. Where is the balance in this?

The correct "sect" is that which Allaah has sent down, 'Islaam; whose pillars are Wilaaya, Salaa, Zakaa, Hajj and Sawm. The Shi'a accept what the Noble Messenger Muhammad (pbuh) told to us to accept and reject with he (pbuh) told us to reject. He left us with the Quraan and his 'Itra (Ahl al Bayt (as) ) and only the Shi'a have held onto this.

(wasalam)

Sunnis say Mua'wiya will be in janna. The Shi'a say he will be in jahanam, without a drop of doubt. Where is the balance in this?

The correct "sect" is that which Allaah has sent down, 'Islaam; whose pillars are Wilaaya, Salaa, Zakaa, Hajj and Sawm. The Shi'a accept what the Noble Messenger Muhammad (pbuh) told to us to accept and reject with he (pbuh) told us to reject. He left us with the Quraan and his 'Itra (Ahl al Bayt (as) ) and only the Shi'a have held onto this.

i dont have any issue with that, may deserving people enter jannah :) Ameen Summa Ameen

Edited by yamolaAlimadad

AlSalam Alaykum:

I want to know which is the True sect of Islam. I am not a divider, but I know that beliefs may differ between the sects. I watch other sects' video and it kinda inspire me and make me go to them. Please state as much as possible and say why it is the true sect because I have OCD and I get doubts on things, so I want to see a clear picture.

Thank you.

All muslims rely only on books and this is what you will find in lectures as they are all based on books, knowledge is not only in books,,,,nor in lectures taken out of books,, there is for sure a true group, the truth is found from the one who is part of the truth, you will not find it from these shias and sunnis or muslims of today, all they do is blindly follow a leader.

There will be a true sect within all the religions as shown in hadiths, for you to believe there is one true sect, you have automatically accepted islam due to this hadith. Surely truth is with the one who has been passed down the knowledge from father to son (sunah of the imams (saW) and prophet (SaW), truth is with the one who has knowledge of these books that all standard muslims/shia sunni rely on (including non muslim books), truth is with the one who is connected with personalities who are connected with the Lord. truth is not always logical, nor is it somthing that will make sense as has been said in another topic by a member.

there is a true group, but it is not necessary for the world to have heard of this true group, as the truth is always hidden and is revealed once one wants to see the pure light. these standard shia sunni, akhbari, malang , al sunah, wahabi, salafi, asooli shias, nusairis, solo shias (im just a shia) solo muslims (im just a muslim) are all known pretty wel to the world, how will you know which ones true? when none of them maybe true at all, truth is hidden hidden away from ears, eyes and hearts of these people.

the only truth that you will come to is, what you have worked, it is entirely upto your lord to decide whether truth shall be revealed to you or not..

life results are between pre-destination and free will, pure goodness shapes up its end... live your religion in a state where you are waiting for the truth as one step towards him (swt) are many steps towards you, you were born in this position, live your worldly life in a moderate fashion, as what is due and written for you, you will have in this world as our imam (saw) have said.

Edited by alialiali

Look if you can do a few things, you will be part of the right "sect" no matter which sect you belong to.

Pray 5 times a day

Fast during Ramadan

Give to the poor

Show humility, patience, good mannerism and ethics

Be clean and lead a good example

dont deal drugs, dont drink booze, dont eat non halal food, dont fornicate

Basically no matter what sect it is, try and live via the example that Rasul Allah a.s set (by this i mean his actions, not how long he grew his beard, if he folded his arms or not, and if he put dye in his beard)

Dont worry about the Sahaba, Dont worry about Imam Ali , Just worry about the Rasul

You will from your own heart, find the truth after that.

Salam

The genuinely good well intentioned people, of all different sects and kinds, that are trying their utmost bests to please Allah a.j., depending on the amount of "knowledge" they have received are all on one same line, the true path of felicity... The end.

Couldn't of said it any better bra

Edited by Ricky-Dee

Look if you can do a few things, you will be part of the right "sect" no matter which sect you belong to.

Pray 5 times a day

Fast during Ramadan

Give to the poor

Show humility, patience, good mannerism and ethics

Be clean and lead a good example

dont deal drugs, dont drink booze, dont eat non halal food, dont fornicate

Basically no matter what sect it is, try and live via the example that Rasul Allah a.s set (by this i mean his actions, not how long he grew his beard, if he folded his arms or not, and if he put dye in his beard)

Dont worry about the Sahaba, Dont worry about Imam Ali , Just worry about the Rasul

You will from your own heart, find the truth after that.

Salam

Couldn't of said it any better bra

I like this mindset