Sign in to follow this  
Al-Hadi

Invincibility?

Salaam alaikum brothers!

Okay so recently I realised I'm not invincible :mellow:

I know it sounds incredibly stupid to even think such a thing, but i honestly think there's an element to us that we just seem to think nothing can harm us.

if anyones interested the moment came when my eyes started watering up because of hay fever :mellow: I always just thought pains come and go.

It's a really dangerous attitude to have because when death comes, you'll never be prepared because in reality you havent even accepted death as a reality.

Anything similar ever happen to you guys?

I watched as a relative died of cancer. That was the first time i've been up close to a dead body. The idea that she was walking and talking and then all of a sudden lifeless just kinda startled me. and for the next few weeks, the image of her dead body kept popping back in to my mind. It's facinating to think that at one moment we are complex creatures capable of so much, and the next as lifeless as an inanimate object. Life is full of so much to do that often we forget it's ultimately going to end. And that is the reason why we mark our graves with gravestones. those objects protruding from the ground serve no purpose to the dead but it does serve to remind the living of our mortality. So, my answer is observing the process between life and death up close and passing by graveyards helps to keep me grounded in reality.

yes!! i used to think like dis when i was away from home that nothing happens to me or nothing cd ever be,.

but last year i was suffering from typhoid and no medicine and none of my prayers cd take me out of that pain. it was my mothers prayers which were answered.

then i realised all these years - my life, my religion, my prayers, my belief, were my mom's(parent's) share.

Wsalam, well recently I was at a job interview everything was going fine, then I wait outside the room for a while as this company was recruiting a lot of individuals and I was with my friends and BOOM! I had a seizure...was unconscious for about 3 minutes, paramedics called to the scenes etc. There I was thinking nothing can go wrong...but alhamdulillah that it happened there and then. No-one is invincible, there I was after the event thinking to myself how the hell could this have happened? :no:

But hey life goes on...I guess...

Wsalam, well recently I was at a job interview everything was going fine, then I wait outside the room for a while as this company was recruiting a lot of individuals and I was with my friends and BOOM! I had a seizure...was unconscious for about 3 minutes, paramedics called to the scenes etc. There I was thinking nothing can go wrong...but alhamdulillah that it happened there and then. No-one is invincible, there I was after the event thinking to myself how the hell could this have happened? :no:

But hey life goes on...I guess...

I hope all is well now, brother.

(salam)

Yes at some points in my life, I have felt as if I were invincible.

Sometimes it goes without saying, that when everything is going dandy in your life, you feel as if nothing can possibly affect you. And one of those very aspects can be something as valuable as, health. Parents often tell you to, eat certain foods that will contribute greatly to your diet, especially if they notice your deficient in certain areas. My mistake was that, I always took what my folks advised me passively, and never took heed of their words. As a result, I have had to battle certain (minor) health complications. It wasn't until then, that I realized how valuable one's health is. That your health or any aspect of your life for that matter is not guaranteed forever, and that one can never be too confident in the current "healthy" state they are in. It's of course my own doing, for not listening to what my parents would and--continue to advice me to eat. Even though, I still struggle eating certain foods, I now know to force myself. lol :P

So lesson of the day kids: Eat your veggies! (and yes, that includes spinach and broccoli)

On a second note: My "invincibility bubble" was just recently popped. Never, I thought babies could be so dangerous. But, I learned the hard way after being attacked by a two year old. That little munchkin! -_-

Edited by jannahismygoal

I though i never had to wear a mask at work, or that ciggarettes would never do me harm, i would quit sooner or later. I was always a "dont be soft, protection is for losers"

Now i have lung disease lol

We are not invincible, well im not anyways. You realise these things once you get a little older, i never thought like this when i was 17 jumping off 15m cliffs into the ocean

i have always seen it happen to others when I was younger .

you thought it will never happen to you .

the pain , the loss and the heartache that followed .

to see a dear brother laughing , living and enjoining life one day .

then the next day ....gone.

just like that ...

he thought he was invincible .

i cried for years , than I realised that it will happen to me too one day .

and sure enough it did , marriage !!!

we all think we're invincible till the M word.

than we gone , life over in a blink of a nikka.

my mother and father tried best to prepare my for such a loss , but you're never prepared .

no matter how many books you read .

doesn't matter how old , young , rich or poor .

it get you from all sides.

than when you pick yourself up ,smack , here comes the kids ,,,,

i fall on my face now at the sheer lessons i learn from such adverse tragedies of life.

all i can say is life is cruel.