Sign in to follow this  
Belle.Muslimah

Can Women Make Islamic Nasheeds?

Rate this topic

Asalamu alaykom I hope you & your families are well & in good health looking forward to Ramadan inshallah

As the title says I was wondering if woman can make islamic nasheeds & sing them? And if so how does one go about producing them, are there islamic record companies that recruit female singers?

Thanks in advance

Hi Belle, I'm under the impression that women can make Islamic nasheeds but it's haraam for non-mahram men to actually hear them. Around here, the women do nasheeds at female-only gatherings.

Of course I could totally be wrong about this. I'm pretty sure it's right, but hopefully someone who is totally certain will answer your question.

yes of course you can make nasheed you have a voice which can be heard right? and as the sister above said, as long as non mahram dont hear them(intentioanlly) then you are fine

or to be better put dont have them composed for general public

Asalamu alaykom I hope you & your families are well & in good health looking forward to Ramadan inshallah

huh?

already? I swear ramadhaan was like 2 months ago!?!

The local muslim radio here in sydney has ladies doing some anasheed (its a sunni one) . It is 3rwa though and yeh I dont think we can allow non-mahram to hear it.

Edited by dreams990