will pray all fard in mosque.

will avoid sins.

will do dua for all momeenin.

Asalamu Alaikum,,

i have been thinking about this as well for a while,,

~ read as much Quran as i can

~ read as much Dua as i can

~ try and become better person,, even after Ramadan

its a very spiritual time,, i love the closness i get to Allah,, especially in Laylut al Qadr

why to waste time on other religions when we have the best of all?

Salaam alaikum,

How can you know if you have the 'best' religion, if you do not study all the other religions and compare?

My father told me to not read the Quran (to throw it away or burn it or something like that), he said that every person should stay in the religion they were born in.

The majority of the people in different religions say that their religion is right and say not to study other religions. If I had followed this ideaology, I would never have studied and reached to the conclusion that Islam is closest to the truth (from what I have studied so far).

Every religion (from buddhism, christianity, islam to juddaism) all warn that if you do not believe in them and follow their laws, that you will receive severe punishment in the next life. Any logical person that cares about their own safety and happiness would want to avoid severe punishment (that could be everlasting and worse than anything imaginable in this world).

So any logical person would want to study all the religions to see which one is closest to the truth, to avoid major suffering.

As for the main question, I would really love to use the month to do an intensive study of Arabic, and then at the end of the month keep increasing my Arabic by starting to talk to my children in Arabic for a few hours everyday (with the help of a very good Arabic dictionary inshallah).

Edited by always searching sister

My father told me to not read the Quran (to throw it away or burn it or something like that), he said that every person should stay in the religion they were born in.

Well said brother, we do have knowledge of other religions. It not only satisfy our souls that we are on right path but also give ability to face their propaganda.

Salaam alaikum,

How can you know if you have the 'best' religion, if you do not study all the other religions and compare?

The majority of the people in different religions say that their religion is right and say not to study other religions. If I had followed this ideaology, I would never have studied and reached to the conclusion that Islam is closest to the truth (from what I have studied so far).

Every religion (from buddhism, christianity, islam to juddaism) all warn that if you do not believe in them and follow their laws, that you will receive severe punishment in the next life. Any logical person that cares about their own safety and happiness would want to avoid severe punishment (that could be everlasting and worse than anything imaginable in this world).

So any logical person would want to study all the religions to see which one is closest to the truth, to avoid major suffering.

As for the main question, I would really love to use the month to do an intensive study of Arabic, and then at the end of the month keep increasing my Arabic by starting to talk to my children in Arabic for a few hours everyday (with the help of a very good Arabic dictionary inshallah).

your father is a **** to say some thing like this.

but any ways even I have studied most of world religion and came to conclusion that ISLAM is the best of all.

Edited by yamolaAlimadad

I don't know what you believe regarding this, but every person has to have a possibility in their mind that there is a chance that they may not be on the truth (even if the possibility is very, very small). They have to be open to hearing any new information that comes their way and analysing it, to see if there is any truth in it.

If one closes their mind completely to the possibility they might be in error, then if they are really misled they have no chance of discovering it, because they will never be open to considering the possibility that they might be wrong.

You can see for example on some sunni forums for example (and in all religious groups), there are some people that are 100% convinced that they are on true guidance and do not want to hear any other information. They do not even acknowledge that there is a possibility that they are misguided, so they will never try to find out if they are.

We have to protect ourselves from the possibility of being misled, by always being open minded and always trying to search for the truth.

I believe telling others to not study other religions and to follow a particular religion is wrong. I think it is better to tell people to think and to always search for the truth, because even if we are on misguidance we are providing others with a formula that if they apply correctly has the potential to lead them to the truth.

I don't know what you believe regarding this, but every person has to have a possibility in their mind that there is a chance that they may not be on the truth (even if the possibility is very, very small). They have to be open to hearing any new information that comes their way and analysing it, to see if there is any truth in it.

If one closes their mind completely to the possibility they might be in error, then if they are really misled they have no chance of discovering it, because they will never be open to considering the possibility that they might be wrong.

You can see for example on some sunni forums for example (and in all religious groups), there are some people that are 100% convinced that they are on true guidance and do not want to hear any other information. They do not even acknowledge that there is a possibility that they are misguided, so they will never try to find out if they are.

We have to protect ourselves from the possibility of being misled, by always being open minded and always trying to search for the truth.

I believe telling others to not study other religions and to follow a particular religion is wrong. I think it is better to tell people to think and to always search for the truth, because even if we are on misguidance we are providing others with a formula that if they apply correctly has the potential to lead them to the truth.

yes offcourse agreed with you....

This Ramadan is going to be really tough for me. I'm going to an unavoidable 15 day intensive capacity building training. it will be in a remote area where halal food won't be available. I will be away from my family and will have to do sehri and iftari alone as there won't be any other Muslim.I doubt that I will be able to do any extra ibadat. This is going to be very difficult because I've never been away from my family for so long.

My plan is to

read

meditate

do the right thing more often

be kinder to myself and others

concentrate on finding more peace and acceptance

cultivate more patience

cultivate more compassion

and generally try and lose some ego and replace my thoughts with a clear blue sky.

These things i put my intention on doing all the time though, but lose focus of it.

Also i want to try and eat less this Ramadan than i did last Ramadan and healthier.

This Ramadan is going to be really tough for me. I'm going to an unavoidable 15 day intensive capacity building training. it will be in a remote area where halal food won't be available. I will be away from my family and will have to do sehri and iftari alone as there won't be any other Muslim.I doubt that I will be able to do any extra ibadat. This is going to be very difficult because I've never been away from my family for so long.

How can you do that without taking in water? isnt it dangerous?

...o when you say 'building' and 'training' did you mean of the body or not?

sleep till iftaar time.

too much sleep is not good in Islam. Sleep the minimum, wake up and do good deeds sister=].

The purpose of fasting is to actually feel some "pain"... if your going to sleep it off then what have you gained?

too much sleep is not good in Islam. Sleep the minimum, wake up and do good deeds sister=].

The purpose of fasting is to actually feel some "pain"... if your going to sleep it off then what have you gained?

i was joking lol. its impossible to sleep all day. and i highly doubt that my mom is going to let me sleep after noon now :cry:

Asalaamu alaykum and Eid Mubarak to all of the brothers & sisters,

My plans for this sacred month include the required duties and some recommended ones as well.

Furthermore, I hope to:

(1) Use this month to simplify my life and reflect more

(2) Kick the caffeine habit (sodas, energy drinks, etc.)

(3) Kick the nicotine habit (I know, I know it's bad) :)

May Allah SWT accept your efforts in this holy month! Ameen

hmmmmm

Read the whole Quran

Fast everyday

Eat small meals this year during iftur instead of pigging out and not being able to move. Small quality rich protein foods ( aftar tammer of coarse) only water, and intense cardio and training after iftur, then before suhr, as my goals are to lose 10 kgs lol and get down to like 10% body fat. Its amazing how much fat you can put on during 6 months of being slack.

Do laylat al Qadr and pray the 100 riqaat if i can

Sponsor a few orphans

hmmmmm

Read the whole Quran

Fast everyday

Eat small meals this year during iftur instead of pigging out and not being able to move. Small quality rich protein foods ( aftar tammer of coarse) only water, and intense cardio and training after iftur, then before suhr, as my goals are to lose 10 kgs lol and get down to like 10% body fat. Its amazing how much fat you can put on during 6 months of being slack.

Do laylat al Qadr and pray the 100 riqaat if i can

Sponsor a few orphans

I agree that working out like 2 hours after iftar feels soo good. It takes away the feeling of bloated and you just feel much better and you actuall have energy to workout once you eat iftaar.

I'm also trying to eat less but the first few days of fasting people always seem to eat too much then they are able to fix their portions after lol.

I agree that working out like 2 hours after iftar feels soo good. It takes away the feeling of bloated and you just feel much better and you actuall have energy to workout once you eat iftaar.

I'm also trying to eat less but the first few days of fasting people always seem to eat too much then they are able to fix their portions after lol.

I agree but i was speaking more or less, half an hour after iftur. Just hydrate myself , have a tiny meal with carbs/protein to give me a bit of a push (while my body is in a catabolic state) then go burn baby burn my fat away.

Then when i get home ill have a decent sized meal (rich in protein, complex carbs) to aid in fat loss etc etc. By then im pretty sure i wont be as hungry as i was earlier. You see whats the point of being able to fast allllllll day and resist food, but not being able to resist a big meal at night ? i mean why can you or anyone lol im not aiming at you personally, but in general have a few tiny meals instead of feeling "bloated" all the time.

Its something i want to try this year, because honestly i feel like Ramadan is a waste when i pig out to the extent that im unable to move

(bismillah)

(salam)

i was joking lol. its impossible to sleep all day. and i highly doubt that my mom is going to let me sleep after noon now :cry:

in shahr ramadan its mustahab to sleep - the sleep is counted as worship in shahr ramadan. I don't know how someone should go about sleeping in shahr ramadan though [e.g. whether its better to sleep more and be awake less whilst fasting or vice versa or something else]

(bismillah)

(salam)

in shahr ramadan its mustahab to sleep - the sleep is counted as worship in shahr ramadan. I don't know how someone should go about sleeping in shahr ramadan though [e.g. whether its better to sleep more and be awake less whilst fasting or vice versa or something else]

Sleeping too much is very bad. Of course sleep is good, you will die without it lol. but don't sleep like 10+ hours... 7-8 hours is fine.