Sign in to follow this  
MAFHHM

Bollywood About To Release Movie On Karbala

Rate this topic

Source:

Punjab Newsline Network

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 13:45

5 Films brings to the marquee, Karbala, the mega-historical that will bring to life the epic which remains unparalleled in history with the kind of production values expected from films of the likes of Braveheart, 300 Spartans among others, penned by veteran actor-writer Kader Khan.

The launch event of Karbala, directed by Kalim Sheikh, produced by Dr Naseem, Dr Umesh, Mahesh, and Rahul was attended by veterans of the likes of Kader Khan, Ustad Ghulam Mustafa Khan (guru of AR Rahman, Sonu Nigam, Shaan among others), sufi singer Mudasir Ali, Victoria Polyakova, Raja Hasan, Sharib-Toshi, Vaishali Desai, Mahaakshay Chakraborty, Amaan Khan, Pitobash, Viveck Vaswani, Payal Rohatgi, Sangram Singh, directors Shawn Arranha, Namashi Chakraborty, Gitanjali Sinha and Sunny Bhambhani, comedian Rahman, Rabbani Khan, Neha Hinge, Ashmit Kunder, Vicky Idnani among others.

The journey of Imam Hussain (R.A.) and his eventual martyrdom along with his 72 faithful companions at the lands of Karbala, showcases the valour at the highly uneven battle of Karbala where on one side were small pious group of Imam Hussain and his devoted followers including children, women and aged and on other side was a la caliph. The sacrifice of Imam Hussain and his followers is symbolic of victory of truth against falsehood. The event is still mournfully remembered universally as the most tragic incident in the history of mankind.

Says director Kalim Sheikh, "we have done extensive research on this subject to ensure the historic authenticity is maintained and owing to the sensitivity of the subject adequate care has been taken to honour all sentiments involved.

I read about this.. I was gonna make a topic but you ruined it :dry:

So yeh Kader Khan is the guy behind this.. And I actually wanna see.. I read how they said they've researched alot on the topic to keep the authenticity of the history..

Lets see..!

According to certain sources, the shooting is expected to begin on Q1 of 2013, and the shooting grounds will mainly take place in the geography of Rajesthan, along with some other locations selected in the Middle East.

Here is the screenshots of some of the cast involved the production of this movie:  http://ww.smas hits.com/launch-of-karbala/event-9718-picture-1.html . I really hope that orange dressed woman is not going to play one of the pious ladies of Ahlulbayt. She is half naked in the photoshoot.

Edited by MAFHHM

Guest Inaya

Salaam,

Am I the only one that gets annoyed when reading Imam Hussain (ra) instead of (as) ... Also counts for other Ahlulbayt (as)

Anyway, this movie better be good and truthful. I hope it will touch peoples hearts and inform them about the sacrifice of Imam Hussain (as) and the troubles and misery of his family and companions.

I really hope that orange dressed woman is not going to play one of the pious ladies of Ahlulbayt. She is half naked in the photoshoot.

I'm so excited for this film, but that is the thing I'm concerned about: the fact that the people playing these important characters themselves don't have very good character or even moral integrity, let alone Islamic integrity. This is either going to end very well, or we should all light our torches now.

Interesting. I just hope it doesn't turn out like the Syrian version, that was horrible.

Bollywood is generations ahead. This is the trailer of a historic movie released some years back:

And if you paid attention, this movie will be shot at 2013, and the director Kaleem Sheikh is already saying that it will be immense in expense budget and a grand beautiful movie inshallah.And the reports online say they are aiming for something like Braveheart and 300 budget movie.

Edited by MAFHHM

I'm trying my best not to say much

BUT

Do u think ppl who played malike ashtar, mokhtar, maryaam, yousuf, suleman,etc had good character?

do u think those turban heads who run shia world as their ancestral throne hve good character? (Excluding sistani, Khomeini, etc)

U forgot to Light ur torch then!

No need to light ur torch now, 2nd largest shia population of the world lives in india. They knw when to light torches!

!!! U BETTER GO SAVE UR PAKISTAN !!!

Okay, this is exactly why I stopped coming on to Shia Chat. I made a comment that was not supposed to be an inflamatory statement, but just my opinion. Not an attack on anyone. Simply an observation. And, then you come to Shia chat wanting to yell at soaymeone, see my comment, and attack.

I am not saying anything against the Shia of India, or even the good hindus of India. My comment was addressed towards the actors, especially the woman in orange wearing a small dress, who i was presuming will be playing one of the pius women of Karbala.

Also, the comment about lighting torches was sarcastic. I was goign to say burn tires, but that would only presumably apply to Pakistanis. See, i can also make fun of Pakistanis, even though I'm from there. It was sarcasm, insinuating that we shouldn't get carried away.

btw, there is a reason i am responding rationally. otherwise, I could also have told you off by writing in all caps letters. I beleive that as Shias, Muslims, and Human beings, we can have good discussion and listen to one another without yelling or getting emotional. But again, that is just my opinion. not a statement of fact that needs to be rebuttled using attacks on a personal level. Thanks.

Edited by Faatima_ki_kaneez

Okay, this is exactly why I stopped coming on to Shia Chat. I made a comment that was not supposed to be an inflamatory statement, but just my opinion. Not an attack on anyone. Simply an observation. And, then you come to Shia chat wanting to yell at soaymeone, see my comment, and attack.

I am not saying anything against the Shia of India, or even the good hindus of India. My comment was addressed towards the actors, especially the woman in orange wearing a small dress, who i was presuming will be playing one of the pius women of Karbala.

Also, the comment about lighting torches was sarcastic. I was goign to say burn tires, but that would only presumably apply to Pakistanis. See, i can also make fun of Pakistanis, even though I'm from there. It was sarcasm, insinuating that we shouldn't get carried away.

btw, there is a reason i am responding rationally. otherwise, I could also have told you off by writing in all caps letters. I beleive that as Shias, Muslims, and Human beings, we can have good discussion and listen to one another without yelling or getting emotional. But again, that is just my opinion. not a statement of fact that needs to be rebuttled using attacks on a personal level. Thanks.

Oh okay.. maazreth !

4836249574cfac1449fc6f1.49597288.jpg

Bollywood is generations ahead. This is the trailer of a historic movie released some years back:

And if you paid attention, this movie will be shot at 2013, and the director Kaleem Sheikh is already saying that it will be immense in expense budget and a grand beautiful movie inshallah.And the reports online say they are aiming for something like Braveheart and 300 budget movie.

I really wan't not talking about the theatrics of it. The Syrian version was nice from a cinematic point of view, however, the story was not accurate. In addition, they made horrible acting choices and personally I think it was generally disrespectful.