Chaotic Muslem

What Have You Watched Recently? [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Rate this topic

Guest Endless Emotion

im not a fan of kim ji hoon, but he does act well. leejunki is the man. have you ever watched "time between dog and wolf" or "iljimae"? soo good :D

is leejunki the actor from ''My girl''? I'm not a fan of him, he looked to gayish in that drama...

Joo Ji Hoon is much better... yaaay post-89857-0-64586300-1339099064.gif

222.jpg

after I finish watching Stars Falling From The Sky I'll start with "time between dog and wolf"... hope it's good!

is leejunki the actor from ''My girl''? I'm not a fan of him, he looked to gayish in that drama...

Joo Ji Hoon is much better... yaaay post-89857-0-64586300-1339099064.gif

222.jpg

after I finish watching Stars Falling From The Sky I'll start with "time between dog and wolf"... hope it's good!

:o

:dry:

leejunki is AMAZING. time between dog and wolf is one of the better k-dramas, because it has more action than romance. you're gonna wish it never ends ^_^

Guest Endless Emotion

leejunki is AMAZING. time between dog and wolf is one of the better k-dramas, because it has more action than romance. you're gonna wish it never ends

OMG1.png

OMG haider why are u advising me to watch action dramas when in reality u prefer the super duper romantic one!!!

that's obvious, bcoz u're not hiding ur love for lee minho post-89857-0-48612200-1339102686.gif

I like the TV series, "The Closer".

Both gender researchers and members of the media have claimed that the series has "expanded the vocabulary of what is acceptable for women as seen through the lens of popular culture."[11]

• “We’ve certainly seen women in powerful positions before," says author and gender researcher Maddy Dychtwald, pointing out Angie Dickinson in 1974's “Police Woman,” and “Cagney & Lacey” from 1981. But those women were largely token in a sea of dominant males, and most important, strove to be like the men that surrounded them.” In contrast, Dychtwald says the former CIA interrogator played by Kyra Sedgwick, “retains (and revels in) her femininity, keeps her composure, can handle the two 'sexist pigs' who bait her due to their jealousy and insecurities, and not lose her head.”[11]

But didn't you think it was a bit ridiculous how in the middle of all this blood shed, they managed to tie in "the story of one man's love for his wife" - it was still a pretty good film though.

As I recall, the film 'shooting dogs' (also know as 'Beyond the gates') was better.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_Dogs

and, 'The God Delusion' Richard Dawkins.

I immensely enjoyed reading the book during my student days. I remember thinking that even though we accept usual theological/philosophical arguments about God from a theistic perspective, a few of those arguments are actually unsound/weak if put to rational and/or scientific analysis. You learn a lot from this exceptionally well written book even if you disagree with him on the whole.

Could you possibly link us to the documentary, please?

But didn't you think it was a bit ridiculous how in the middle of all this blood shed, they managed to tie in "the story of one man's love for his wife" - it was still a pretty good film though.

As I recall, the film 'shooting dogs' (also know as 'Beyond the gates') was better.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Shooting_Dogs

Rusesabagina's wife was with him during the madness of genocide. They both played their role in saving the refugees from the Interhamwe. Anyway I didn't find their little love story odd. It blended in well. However, I think this movie could have been done better. The plot and sequence of events is rather linear with emphasis entirely on the particular Hotel. It appeared to me that the movie lacked the urgency of actions and dialogue during an event as horrible as genocide and as heinous as the one in Rwanada. Overall a good, educating movie.

Oh and thanks for introducing me to the "Shooting Dogs". I was not aware of this movie. I can't wait to find it, download it, and watch it.

Edited by Marbles

I immensely enjoyed reading the book during my student days. I remember thinking that even though we accept usual theological/philosophical arguments about God from a theistic perspective, a few of those arguments are actually unsound/weak if put to rational and/or scientific analysis. You learn a lot from this exceptionally well written book even if you disagree with him on the whole.

Could you possibly link us to the documentary, please?

The documentary was so insightful. I couldn't help but to agree with him on many of his points. If you sit back and actually contemplate what he says, there is a lot of sense and rationality in his arguments. Organised religion, corruption and hierarchies that contradict the very crux of their message.

I watched it on DVD, but I'll try find you the link as soon as I can!

Loved them both. Especially the second one..... *waits for hate comments*

What?

Aside from the fact that Dawkins is a demagogue...

Let's assume he's a proper intellectual and his arguments against the existence of God are strong...

If you "love" that book, does that not mean you no longer believe in God? It makes no sense to "love" a treatise on atheism. You could say it was interesting or that it is worth reading for the sake of becoming familiar with a different point of view... but to say that you "loved" it?? I don't even know what to say. You are beginning to enter Al-Afasy / S.hassan / haidar_al_karrar territory, where it is not even worth it to gauge what you are thinking...

Edited by baradar_jackson

If you "love" that book, does that not mean you no longer believe in God?

If I read a book by Salman Rushdie, does that make me an apostate?

I mean really? Could you have made any more of an ignorant generalisation?

I disagree fully with his core beliefs, however I did agree with many points that he made in the documentary. It does not necessarily mean that I'm inclined towards Atheism just because I may have expressed a love for the film. You can't approach religion half-minded baradar. You and I may hate on atheists all we want, but in the end - he does provide an insight of perspectives, some valid and invalid, which for me, have actually strengthened my beliefs as a Muslim (not an atheist, baradaram!) So relax, I haven't deviated to the dark side.

Right. Loving the documentary makes me an atheist, you said? *sniff*

I don't know what definition of "love" you are going by, but to me -- and I presume, to most of the world -- if you love a documentary, it means the message resonated with you in a very personal way.

Take, for example, the video I posted above. That Zizek documentary. A lot of it resonated with me. I agreed with most of what Zizek said in that documentary. But I would not say I freggin "loved" it, because that implies something more.

And this is even disregarding, remember, that Dawkins is not an academic; it is disregarding that he uses very weak, childish arguments. (Dawkins is no David Hume, that's for damn sure). That's why many non-religious or even anti-religious people are turned off by him; outside of his cult following, he is not really taken all that seriously.

It's like me saying "I love Yasser al-Habib's lectures," and then claiming that I do NOT like to hear grotesque descriptions of you-know-what. That's all Yasser Habib talks about; I can't love his lectures without loving that other thing.