5 replies to this topic

#1 malak

malak
  • Basic Members
  • 3 posts
  • Religion:islam

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:16 AM

salaam to everyone,

i have been searching for information about zamzam water, and i read that u can make dua while drinking it (or is it after u drink it?). i also read that u should drink "till the water reaches the ribs". i was wondering if you don't have enough zamzam water, is it allowed to mix it with normal tap water and still use it as zamzam water for dua or should i in this case drink what i have. i want to make dua but i don't have much to drink till it reaches my ribs. please inform me on this matter.

jaza'akumillaah ghair.

#2 A true Sunni

A true Sunni

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,620 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:11 AM

In reality the Zam Zam water that you get in Saudia Arabia is heavily 'diluted' with normal water . The prime reason for this is that the Zam Zam spring aquifer has been damaged by all the building done in Mecca particularly the high rise buildings. As such Zam Zam has been reduced to a trickle and now they dilute it and give it to the pilgrims

Edited by A true Sunni, 19 May 2012 - 11:12 AM.

#3 iDevonian

iDevonian

TheScientist

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
  • Religion:Islam
  • Interests:Anything that can challenge me.

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:30 PM

In reality the Zam Zam water that you get in Saudia Arabia is heavily 'diluted' with normal water . The prime reason for this is that the Zam Zam spring aquifer has been damaged by all the building done in Mecca particularly the high rise buildings. As such Zam Zam has been reduced to a trickle and now they dilute it and give it to the pilgrims

Not that I doubt your words or anything, but may I ask what your source is? Also, you referred to other water supplies as "normal", as if Zamzam is abnormal? Aside from the stories around Zamzam water, physically, unless the Saudis are injecting it with something, it would be normal water just as all other water is. It rains from the sky, or comes from snow melt. It moves under the land and is pumped to the surface when it gets near Mecca.

Edited by iDevonian, 19 May 2012 - 08:42 PM.

#4 A true Sunni

A true Sunni

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,620 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:31 PM

Not that I doubt your words or anything, but may I ask what your source is? Also, you referred to other water supplies as "normal", as if Zamzam is abnormal? Aside from the stories around Zamzam water, physically, unless the Saudis are injecting it with something, it would be normal water just as all other water is. It rains from the sky, or comes from snow melt. It moves under the land and is pumped to the surface when it gets near Mecca.

there was an article posted on here a while back and several Saudi residents have subsequently confirmed it. As to normal and not normal that is a question of faith

#5 iDevonian

iDevonian

TheScientist

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
  • Religion:Islam
  • Interests:Anything that can challenge me.

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:36 PM

there was an article posted on here a while back and several Saudi residents have subsequently confirmed it. As to normal and not normal that is a question of faith

I dont see what faith has to do with anything in this matter. Not to be offensive, but...I just dont get it. What is there to have faith in? You dont have to answer if you dont want to, but to me, it sounds almost the same as saying...I have faith that the grass in my backyard is holy. Well, what is that supposed to mean? Looks like grass, smells like grass, feels like grass. So id presume its grass. Same goes for Zamzam water.

And with water, it mixes with water in the sky and rains, and remixes and rains as you said. So...i dunno. It just boggles the mind.

And, just a thought. What about before the time the angel exposed the water? the same processes would still have occurred. For billions of years before the exposure event occured.

Maybe all water is holy then, in some proportion. Its plausible to believe that zamzam water is already in all of us.

Edited by iDevonian, 21 May 2012 - 07:03 PM.

#6 A true Sunni

A true Sunni

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,620 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:48 PM

I dont see what faith has to do with anything in this matter. Not to be offensive, but...I just dont get it. What is there to have faith in? You dont have to answer if you dont want to, but to me, it sounds almost the same as saying...I have faith that the grass in my backyard is holy. Well, what is that supposed to mean? Looks like grass, smells like grass, feels like grass. So id presume its grass. Same goes for Zamzam water.

And with water, it mixes with water in the sky and rains, and remixes and rains as you said. So...i dunno. It just boggles the mind.

And, just a thought. What about before the time the angel exposed the water? the same processes would still have occurred. For billions of years before the exposure event occured.

Maybe all water is holy then, in some proportion. Its plausible to believe that zamzam water is already in all of us.

as I said its a matter of faith. Its Holy by association. Not sure what aspect of this you ae struggling with. You aren't muslim therefore I am not getting into a theological philosophical discussion. Simple summary its a matter of faith :)

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: zamzam, zam zam, water

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users