Uae Deporting Lebanese Shia

18 replies to this topic

#1 John Al-Ameli

John Al-Ameli

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,444 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:46 AM

For the passed two years, Emirates have been deporting Lebanese Shia.
The deportation is being very clear "Because you are Shia", or "What sect do you belong to?"

Anyone here who lives in UAE to tell us what the heck is going on?

#2 thecontentedself

thecontentedself

Hajji Baba

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:30 AM

it's been going on for longer than that.

anyone who they suspect of having ties to any resistance movements (whether these allegations are true or not, so just being lebanese and shia there's a question mark on you), be it in lebanon or palestine, has been deported or is in the process of being deported.

Can't say more.

#3 abuzahra

abuzahra

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:32 AM

And Shiachat is blocked there too!

#4 Marbles

Marbles

Running Amok

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,666 posts
  • Religion:Mussalman
  • Interests:Pickwick Papers

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:33 AM

The deportation is being very clear "Because you are Shia", or "What sect do you belong to?"

Emirates is generally pretty tolerant of religious beliefs. So far as I understand, there is relative freedom of religion to non-Muslims and to Shia as well. It is surprising if they are indeed deporting Lebanese for being Shia. I have heard about Shia deportations from Qatar though.

I met a Pakistani electrical engineer who worked in Qatar. He related to me that he was sacked from his job and deported within two days along with his family. He was stunned at Qatari hate. He said many other people, usually highly qualified, are also being deported for being Shia. The funny thing is that he is a practicing Sunni but his name is Ali and his father's name's Hussain. He says Qatari just assumed he was Shia and thus deported him.

Can someone confirm the magnitude of Shia deportations from Qatar?

#5 John Al-Ameli

John Al-Ameli

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,444 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:39 AM

Emirates is generally pretty tolerant of religious beliefs. So far as I understand, there is relative freedom of religion to non-Muslims and to Shia as well. It is surprising if they are indeed deporting Lebanese for being Shia. I have heard about Shia deportations from Qatar though.

I met a Pakistani electrical engineer who worked in Qatar. He related to me that he was sacked from his job and deported within two days along with his family. He was stunned at Qatari hate. He said many other people, usually highly qualified, are also being deported for being Shia. The funny thing is that he is a practicing Sunni but his name is Ali and his father's name's Hussain. He says Qatari just assumed he was Shia and thus deported him.

Well its been two years for now that they are deporting Only Lebanese Shia.
I read an article today about a Lebanese guy who had 15 days to close his 17 year old restaurant because his "religious sect doesn't fit in the moderate Arab world".

Edited by RoAcHy, 17 April 2012 - 05:39 AM.

#6 Marbles

Marbles

Running Amok

• Advanced Members
  • 21,666 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:55 AM

Well its been two years for now that they are deporting Only Lebanese Shia.
I read an article today about a Lebanese guy who had 15 days to close his 17 year old restaurant because his "religious sect doesn't fit in the moderate Arab world".

I think it may be more due to the a person's perceived political affiliations than the mere fact of being Shia. If Emirates was prejudiced toward Shia for being Shia then it would be deporting Shia from all countries, or worse, not allowing them to enter the country in the first place.

If you are a Hizbullahi or support any other Islamo-political group, then you may be perceived as a "problem" for the peace of UAE.

#7 doobybrother

doobybrother

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
  • Religion:Islam, muhib

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:46 AM

Dozens of Pakistani Engineer working for DESCON and ADNOC in the UAE have been deported.
Majority are shias I am told, but rest were sunnis with names like Ali, Hassan, Husain etc.

#8 Gypsy

Gypsy

Hal Min Nasirin Yansurna

• Advanced Members
  • 23,509 posts
  • Interests:Exposing hypocrisy and double standards.

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:38 AM

Their hatred against us is real.

Majority are shias I am told, but rest were sunnis with names like Ali, Hassan, Husain etc.

They probably don’t want to take any chances. If they make exception for one person with a name fovored by Shia, only god knows how many Shias will infiltrate.

#9 ImAli

ImAli

One Eyed Esther

• Banned
  • 6,369 posts
  • Religion:Reptilianism
  • Interests:Time travel, pet jinn, shapeshifting, being a zionist spy from a bad cult, Misguiding people

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:25 PM

This has been going on for quite a few years. I remember hearing a few years back about a Lebanese guy who had a multi million dollar business stolen right from under him when he was deported for being Shia.

#10 Marbles

Marbles

Running Amok

• Advanced Members
  • 21,666 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:38 PM

Dozens of Pakistani Engineer working for DESCON and ADNOC in the UAE have been deported.

That's bleeding horrible.

There is no place for us. In Arab countries we are put under trial for being Shia. In the rest of the world we raise suspicions for being Muslim. And if you are holder of a green Paki passport, then God be with you!

I tell my cousins and friends with too-obviously-Shia names that their names put them in danger. They better change to neutral ones and don't put their religion on show. Perhaps the days of discreet political taqiyyah are upon us again.

#11 Noah-

Noah-

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,764 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:20 PM

It is not just the last two years... This began just few months after Israel was defeated in Lebanon back in 2006 war. The first time an Arab country or a group confronted the Israelis, fought them and then beat them in a military confrontation. This caused pride amongst Arab youths across the region and they began to see alternatives to Zionist puppets and the Takfiri terrorists... A success through the Iran-Syrian-Hizb-Gaza axis... The, the puppet Arabs and their masters had to do things to reverse this idea... place obstacles in front of this axis and anything that will generate the growth of such ideas in puppet Arab states.

They begin in Lebanon itself, brought the March 14 face to face with Hizb and created sectarian rifts...
They began to shut or restrict Shia medias who were propagating these ideas in Arab countries..
They began to ban Shia centers or restrict them in countries like Morocco, Jordan, Saudi and elsewhere...And Morocco did cut its diplomatic ties with Iran, accusing the country of spreading the Shia ideology in Sunni majority countries. They used the hanging of Saddam as another tool to blame Iran and Shias for targetting Sunnis. They tried their best to use Al-Qaradhawi and provoked him to appeal to MB followers not to trust Iran or Shias accusing them of conspiracies against Sunnis.
They began to link around 60 Lebanese to Hizb and expelled them from UAE within some months; we had some topics on this issue here at Shiachat too...
They even went that low to block Shiachat in UAE as one of the member above mentioned lol

Just a success against Israel that won sympathy for Hizb (a Shia group, an Iranian ally) in Arab countries and even amongst Sunnis even in countries like Pakistan, Afg, Africa and elsewhere made these powers and their puppets really worried. They never cared for the war, but they wanted to kill this idea and to exert pressure on all parties involved from all sides including Iran and Syria.

For years they build 2 options for Muslim, especially the Arab worlds; it is either the puppet Arabs who will take care and charge of these countries with the West's blessing, or it is the Takfirism guys with radical Islam who knows nothing but killings and imposing Sharia on you... in case if the 3rd idea or front will ever emerge as that of Hizb-Iran-Syria-Gaza and ever wanted to see the region from a different angle who do not accept Takfirism and also rejects becoming little puppets, then that is when the West and the puppet families who run these countries will have a big problem with and will do everything to stop that, block that and only make sure that there is ONLY AND ONLY those TWO options that they want them to be there, are there.

Edited by Noah-, 17 April 2012 - 04:21 PM.

• Marbles likes this

#12 xstatik2

xstatik2

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Religion:Islam

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

This came as a shocker since there are non-muslims by the millions living in the U.A.E. and practising their own religions and beliefs freely.

So this "deportation" sounds like a dud report. Also, there are a whole lot of Iranians who thrive and successfully trade in Dubai. There are shia imambadas and also a very healthy population of Asian Shiites as well as East African Shia community.

Please do attach the link where you read this bit of news from.

#13 south-lebanon

south-lebanon

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:36 PM

And if you are on transit at dubai airport and they realise that you are a shia, they then make life miserable for you.

#14 Philip

Philip

Horselover

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:39 PM

^^ they are being true to their najdi najasah

#15 ImAli

ImAli

One Eyed Esther

• Banned
  • 6,369 posts
  • Religion:Reptilianism
  • Interests:Time travel, pet jinn, shapeshifting, being a zionist spy from a bad cult, Misguiding people

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:46 PM

^^ they are being true to their najdi najasah

yeah....their hate is nothing new

The khaleejis deported my father in law for reasons related to being shia in the 80's

#16 Philip

Philip

Horselover

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:56 PM

yeah....their hate is nothing new

The khaleejis deported my father in law for reasons related to being shia in the 80's

that's pretty sad

#17 thecontentedself

thecontentedself

Hajji Baba

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:03 AM

article is in al akhbar english.

#18 Aly ReZa

Aly ReZa

AGAINST UNITY

• Banned
  • 2,225 posts
  • Religion:shia

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:35 AM

do SC is ban there?

#19 Professor Higgins

Professor Higgins

ÃãÉ ÚÑÈíÉ æÇÍÏÉ ÐÇÊ ÑÓÇáÉ ÎÇáÏÉ

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Interests:PanArabism, Palestinian resistance, Iraqi resistance, Racial theories, Genetics, History of Empires.

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:38 AM

A few weeks ago they deported a lot of Syrian MB activists for protesting outside the Syrian Embassy. And don;t forget, al-Qardawi is a wanted man in the UAE. They are just dead suspicious at any kind of religio-political activism, thats all.

But even then, they are selective.

For example, Mas'oud Mabhouh, the Ordnance Chief of Hamas, was welcomed in Dubai in 2009.

Muhammad Saeed al-Sahhaf, former Iraqi Information Minister, a Baathist and a Shia, lives in the UAE in exile.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users