Sign in to follow this  
Gypsy

Moroccan Girl Commits Suicide

Rate this topic

Do you think it is fair for victim of a crime (rape) to be forced to marry her rapist?

Moroccans are furious over the suicide of a 16-year-old girl who was subject to Article 475 of the nation’s penal code, which allows the “kidnapper” of a minor to skirt criminal charges if he marries his victim.

Amina Filali swallowed rat poison over the weekend in defiance of her marriage to the person who raped her one year ago.

120318013100-north-africa-rape-death-story-top.jpg

Article 475 is rarely used, though victims’ families sometimes opt for it out of the fear that the public knowledge of a rape will make a bride unable to find a husband. The victim’s father has said that the court suggested that his daughter marry the rapist when he first told them about the case.

ref:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/17/world/africa/morocco-child-rape/

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2012/03/14/moroccan-girl-commits-suicide-after-marriage-to-rapist.html

(salam)

No that's horrible and the law itself makes no sense. Why make an innocent girl marry a criminal who if capable of rape, is also capable of other crimes such as murder.

And also, in Islam, you can't force anyone into marriage. And isn't the punishment for rape death? By forcing marriage, you are only pleasing the criminal further.

Guest Zahratul_Islam

The abuse extended beyond the coercion and the rape. The *husband* beat her mercilessly after marriage and she was not helped by anybody, despite informing her mother.

Who would have known a rapist was capable of domestic abuse?

Or her ever so caring parents capable of ignoring her cries for help?

:rolleyes:

Edited by Zahratul_Islam

And isn't the punishment for rape death?

In Islam it is punishable by death, but not in a Kafir & tribalist puppet government like the Moroccan government.

Nothing good will ever come from these masses of loser Moroccans; for sometimes I thought they were one of the brightest nation amongst Arab countries, but they did nothing against their absolute dictator and a Zionist puppet, even after the so called Arab spring.

Who would have known a rapist was capable of domestic abuse?

Or her ever so caring parents capable of ignoring her cries for help?

This is totally nonsense.. with after marriage abuse or not, this should never take place. The rapist needs to face court and must be sentenced for his crime before doing anything else. This is totally a practice of times of jahilya and should be avoided in any cost. It is not about damage to a piece of property that should be negotiated between the two sides involved.

How the family of the girl even tolerates the idea where their female is raped and then prepares a wedding party for the same rapist? They can’t find any bullet?

I believe their marriage contract is not even valid due to lack of consent on the girl's part. SubhanAllah, the end is truly approaching. I simply cannot fathom the fact that these people thought they had to marry their daughter off her to rapist in order to protect her honor... Ya sahib al zaman adrikna...

Ive never heard something more stupider than this law.. Shes such a pretty girl MashAllah.. Its so unfair.. some government and law societies need sorting with a back handed slap on the right side of their faces..

Makes my blood boil when I see such cases..She shouldn't have eaten rat poison but fed him the poison :angry:

This news can also be found on al-Arabiya website.

Amina was abducted and raped by a guy who was ten years older than her. The parents file charges against her rapist last year.

A year later, The JUDGE instead of punishing the man, ordered the girl to marry her rapist.

Traumatized by the painful experience of the rape and be forced to marry the perpetrator of the crime, Amina decided to end her life by swallowing the rat poison at the house of her rapist/husband family.

I am listing all the things I find shocking about this case: abduction and rape, unfair judgement a year later, crime unpunished, girl forced to marry her rapist, the rapist went free, the girl died.

Edited by Gypsy

Amina was abducted and raped by a guy who was ten years older than her. The parents file charges against her rapist last year.

A year later, The JUDGE instead of punishing the man, ordered the girl to marry her rapist.

Traumatized by the painful experience of the rape and be forced to marry the perpetrator of the crime, Amina decided to end her life by swallowing the rat poison at the house of her rapist/husband family.

I am listing all the things I find shocking about this case: abduction and rape, unfair judgement a year later, crime unpunished, girl forced to marry her rapist, the rapist went free, the girl died.

What in the hell is this.. Insha'Allah that rapist gets what he deserves soon.

This is another example of barbaric cultures imposing their values onto Islam.

If the country laws or village laws (depending on the circumstances) were normal, they should give her an option of putting the rapist to death, restriction order/refusal, or marrying him. Some women believe it or not choose to marry their rapists even if they don't have to. But this situation in the above article is horrible, she doesn't have the option of hanging him, having a restriction order, or any of that, instead shes FORCED back into marrying him >_>

Morocco is supposed to be an Islamic Country. Punishment for such crimes according to Shariah are death. Why was he let to go free ?

Hello Gypsy,

I don't think it's fair at all. :(

I wish she had someone to rescue her instead of her taking her own life. :(

May God grant her Heaven and rescue girls and women from evil people who would even think about raping them.

Peace

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum.

The first thing that comes to my mind is her parents. Why would they allow their daugher to go with that dirtbag? I believe they carry a huge responsiblity in this and they will be answerable to Allah on day of Judgement. I would like to say they can go to hell, but I don't know all the details and I wouldn't want to say something I'm not sure.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

Buying alcohol in grocery stores means they're modern?!?

Modern can mean anything.

I think this barbaric laws is cultural and not even Islamic.

I don't know why people still follow culturally backward laws that pre-date Islam. Once people become Islam, they have to abandon their Jahiliyah thinking.

Gypsy, by any chance, do you know which countries specifically practice this crazy cultural belief?

I've heard of these things, but I don't know how many countries practice them or which ones to be exact.

I think this is wrong beyond belief for the girl. And for the guy to get a reward as a punishment...

However, since this law is from a muslim country, I can see how it could be of benefit - she would have been unlikely to get married anyway because she'd no longer be a virgin - so infact marrying the guy would have saved her and her family from shame, an additional burden. The law would also prevent girls from reporting a rape, which would in turn directly cause the amount of rapes to decrease, since the act would not be glorified or known about so much.

Modern can mean anything.

I think this barbaric laws is cultural and not even Islamic.

I don't know why people still follow culturally backward laws that pre-date Islam. Once people become Islam, they have to abandon their Jahiliyah thinking.

Of course it's cultural. If bani Adam would actually adhere to Islamic laws, they would have no difficulty in their lives. The unfortunate part is that non-Muslims (and perhaps Muslims) confuse culture and religion which stains our religion in the eyes of the international community.