Sign in to follow this  
Mahdiyah

Imam Ali (as) - Tall Or Short ?

Rate this topic

If he was short, he would've looked fat, as according to reports, he was very muscular. Furthermore, if he was short, he would not have had the ability to lift the door of Khaibar. Its more likely for someone tall and muscular to lift something that heavy. Compared to Walid father of Khalid and Amr bin Abdu Wudd, who were built along the lines of the Bigshow from WWE, he was slightly shorter, yet all reports indicate that he had a well proportioned body.

he was of medium build and skinny

als in regards to lifting the door of khaibar, he said that he did it with the power of the ruh

there is a hadeeth that after the battle of khaibar Imam Ali and the companions returned and Imam Ali got an old piece of bread to break and eat and he could not sucessfully break the bread(i.e he struggled) and the companions said "Ya Ali we just saw u lift a door at Khaibar that 40 men are needed to lift, and you are now struggling to break this dry bread?" the Imam replied " when i lifted the door of khaibar i did it with the power of the ruh because it was for Islam, and now when i try to break this bread , this is for me which i do with my own self "

Edited by yukapuka

The Ayema (a.s) were all prefect all around. They couldn't be too short or too tall, too slim or overwight.

Height depends on genetics. When we say 'they were prefect' we do not refer to what they were, but who they were.

It's not what they were, it's what they did they defined them.

If he was short, he would've looked fat, as according to reports, he was very muscular. Furthermore, if he was short, he would not have had the ability to lift the door of Khaibar. Its more likely for someone tall and muscular to lift something that heavy. Compared to Walid father of Khalid and Amr bin Abdu Wudd, who were built along the lines of the Bigshow from WWE, he was slightly shorter, yet all reports indicate that he had a well proportioned body.

You do realise many short guys look extremely muscular due to the fact shorter guys find that they obtain muscle/it spread out much quicker/easier, and for a tall guy, it's much harder?

Imam Ali (as) surely had to be very fit considering how many battles he participated in. I understand if someone might point out he was skinny because when he would fast to be closer to Allah there would usually be a begger asking foe food fron the Imam. Thus leaving him with nothing but some water and a very small portion of bread if any.

He was of medium height for the Arabs of that time.

Imam Ali (as) was the same height as the Prophet (pbuh). He would've had to be the same height/build, how else would the assasins have not seen that it was someone else in the Prophet's (pbuh) bed?

You do realise many short guys look extremely muscular due to the fact shorter guys find that they obtain muscle/it spread out much quicker/easier, and for a tall guy, it's much harder?

Was he not the father ofHazrat Abbas?The battle of Siffin was Hazrat Abbas's first battle, yet many confused him with Imam Ali. Even if Hazrat Abbas got his 7 foot height from his maternal side, how could the enemies fail to distinguish between a seven foot tall man and a short man?

Was he not the father ofHazrat Abbas?The battle of Siffin was Hazrat Abbas's first battle, yet many confused him with Imam Ali. Even if Hazrat Abbas got his 7 foot height from his maternal side, how could the enemies fail to distinguish between a seven foot tall man and a short man?

Hz. Abbas was 13 years old (or somewhere around that age) at the time of Siffin. He was not done growing. If he was that tall when he was fully grown then he could've easily been the height of an average adult at such a young age when he was still growing.

Spiritual height or physical height?

If you are talking about His (A.S.) physical height then it was enough to cleave the enemies of islam into two.....be those include shayba, amr bin abd'bud, marhub o antar or those who tried to harm Rasool Allah (saww) in uhad when the munafiqeen in the muslim army ran away like cowards.

Ask me about the stature of those who would flee on sight of Janab-e-Ammer-ul-Momineen (A.S.) with Zulfiqar Drawn or those who carry spite and malice against Buturab (A.S.)

As for his Spiritual Height....how can a speck of dust like me or you fathom the height of He who knew the ways in heavens better than we know the ways in this world.

Edited by kaash

Imam Ali (AS) and the Prophet(SAWW) were exactly the same height and also same in many other ways. They were medium at height which means that they weren't short and neither were they very tall. Probably around five ten

18 hours ago, Mohsin Bokhari said:

Imam Ali (AS) and the Prophet(SAWW) were exactly the same height and also same in many other ways. They were medium at height which means that they weren't short and neither were they very tall. Probably around five ten

I know it doesn't matter but just FYI Imam (A.S) was shorter than Prophet (SAWW)

On 24/10/2017 at 2:08 PM, Ron_Burgundy said:

I know it doesn't matter but just FYI Imam (A.S) was shorter than Prophet (SAWW)

It does matter. People use these very petty issues to reduce the maqaam of Imam Ali(AS). It shouldn't really matter at all whether he was tall or short but the truth is that he wasn't so we shouldn't undertake these things

On 10/26/2017 at 3:38 PM, Mohsin Bokhari said:

It does matter. People use these very petty issues to reduce the maqaam of Imam Ali(AS). It shouldn't really matter at all whether he was tall or short but the truth is that he wasn't so we shouldn't undertake these things

Long story short After Prophet (SAWW) he was the best. 

He was neither tall nor short, he had broad shoulders, he had strong arms, he was bald on top of his head. His beard reached his chest. He had several scars in his body and one massive scar from Uhud. His eyes where kind and soft and his face was pleasing to the eyes.