Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hussainmehdi

Army Chief Offered Bribe And Sonia Silent

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Army Chief Bribed and Sonia Silent

In an interview to a national daily 'The Hindu', army chief General VK Singh has claimed that he was offered a bribe of Rs 14 crore by an equipment lobbyist for clearing the purchase of 600 substandard vehicles,

The army chief also added that the defence minister AK Antony was apprised of the matter,

Link: http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/article3223758.ece?homepage=true

According to Colonel (Retired) RSN Singh a tape recording of the bribe offer made to Army Chief General VK Singh exists,

Link: http://ibnlive.in.com/news/tape-recording-of-bribe-offer-made-to-army-chief-exists-exarmy-officer/243226-3.html

Defense Minister A K Antony on Tuesday March 27 2012 said:

"This happened more than one year ago. That is my memory. Exact date they (army officials) know because no one can meet the Army chief without any appointment,"

“The Army chief had told (defense minister) that one retired General Tejender Singh met him and offered Rs 14 crore bribe,”

"I was shocked... It took me one to two minutes to regain my composure. Then I told him to take action but he told me I do not want to pursue it. I don't know why he did not want to pursue it at that time,"

"I cannot act just on a complaint...I did not get any written complaint at any stage,"

"I will say truth, nothing but truth I am telling you the truth that has happened,"

"I am very clear. That is my approach...it is my priority. If a written complaint, even if anonymous, was received, I used to forward it for inquiry,"

Leader of the Opposition Arun Jaitley said:

"Is this an issue on which both of them should have put blinkers on their eyes and not inquired into the matter at all, when the subject matter was even orally brought to the notice of defence minister by the Army Chief?”

Link: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/I-asked-Army-chief-to-act-on-bribe-offer-but-he-didnt-Antony/articleshow/12426526.cms

TH26_ARMY_CHIEF_1024961e.jpg

Since Sonia Gandhi …a foreigner, has become chairperson of congress, the corruption has become wide spread in Bharat!!!

Why Bhartis cannot elect a Bharti chairperson???

Why they cant elect Anna Hazare???

Is an act of electing national chairperson instead a foreigner unconstitutional in congress???

“Another corruption”

The Army Chief’s direct forwarding of the MP’s letter to the CBI is set to open another can of worms. For, the MP has alleged widespread “procurement scams” in the “secretive” Special Frontier Force — when Lt Gen Dalbir Singh was its Inspector General — including alleged payoffs for the purchase of night-vision devices, communication systems, weapons as well as parachutes.

The Army Chief’s latest “complaint’’ reached the CBI headquarters barely a day after a team from the agency visited his office to begin a “comprehensive” probe into the bribery charges made by him against Lt Gen Tejinder Singh.

In his note, the Army Chief has claimed that the Annual Confidential Report (ACR) of a senior Army officer who was on deputation to the SFF was downgraded by Lt Gen Dalbir Singh — who was then Major General — because the officer did not “succumb’’ to pressure of a cartel which wanted to sell parachutes to the force. The Army Chief has not named this officer but has said that he received a representation from him…

gen-dalbir-singh-suhag.jpg?w=510

Lt Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag

Link: http://www.indianexpress.com/news/chief-drops-a-new-scam-bomb-asks-cbi-to-probe-serving-lt-gen/929729/0

Retired Lt Gen Tejinder Singh on Tuesday filed a criminal defamation case against Army Chief V K Singh and four others before a trial court ...

"Because of the false, unfounded and libelous statement and illegal act in past and present by the accused persons not only the complainant's reputation and honour has been lowered/ harmed but he is being held up to ridicule in his business, fraternity, acquaintances and family alike, leading others to avoid and shun him, and they have caused immense incalculable loss and damage to the reputation of the complainant and loss of business opportunities in present and in future,"

Tejinder Singh said in his petition ...

Link: http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-03-28/india/31249297_1_army-chief-libelous-statement-defence-deal

TejinderSingh-PTI.jpg

Lt General (retired) Tejinder Singh

Adarsh Housing Society scam:

Originally proposed as a housing scheme for widows of Kargil martyrs, it later came to light that politicians, bureaucrats and senior defence officers including three former army and navy chiefs had got flats allotted to them by misusing their official positions.

The scam hit headlines in 2009 and later, the probe was handed over to the CBI, which has last week arrested several former armed forces officers including a retired major general and a brigadier.

Among those named as part of the beneficiaries of the housing society were former army chiefs Gen. Deepak Kapoor and Gen. N.C. Vij, and former navy chief Admiral Madhavendra Singh. The three officers, after their names became public as Adarsh beneficiaries, returned the flats.

Sukna land scam:

Then army chief Gen. Deepak Kapoor's military secretary Lt. Gen. Avadesh Prakash and then 33 Corps commander Lt. Gen. P.K. Rath were court martialled in the case and punished for their involvement in the alienation of the 70-acre land that was originally a tea estate.

The court martial had dismissed Lt. Gen. Avadesh Prakash from service after finding him guilty in the case.

Ration supplies scam:

The case of a scam in ration supplies to army personnel in high altitude areas broke out in 2007 and then Army Service Corps chief Lt. Gen. S.K. Sahni was found guilty in the case in 2011 and dismissed from service.

Frozen meat scam:

Another Army Service Corps top officer, Lt. Gen. S.K. Dahiya, was also indicted in a separate case involving irregularities in the procurement of frozen meat for troops posted in Ladakh and discrepancies in procurement of dry rations in early 2007.

Ordnance Factory Board scam:

The defence ministry, earlier this month, debarred six defence firms -- four of them foreign -- from any future deals with Indian ordnance factories for the next 10 years, after they were named in a graft case involving former Ordnance Factory Board director general Sudipto Ghosh.

The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), which investigated the case, had filed a charge sheet against Ghosh in June 2010 in Kolkata and recommended the blacklisting of the firms:

Singapore Technologies Kinetics (STK),

Israeli Military Industries (IMI),

Switzerland's Rheinmetall Air Defence,

Corporation Defence Russia,

New Delhi-based T.S. Kishan and

Company Private Limited and

Ludhiana-based R.K. Machine Tools Limited.

Link: http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/scams-that-rocked-defence-ministry-since-2007/1/179496.html