- -

Photo
- - - - -

Did The Prophet [pbuh] Assign His Successor?

9 replies to this topic

#1 Ameen

Ameen

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts
  • Religion:muslim

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:45 PM

The Prophet [pbuh] who loved Islam more than his own life and knew best of all, that the true Islam must be kept safe and secure forever. That there must be someone after him to teach the true meanings of the Quran and the Sunnah. That there must be someone, who is connected to him and Allah, to give command after him. The Prophet [pbuh] couldn't have passed away without naming and appointing a successor, without pointing out towards a new form of leadership to govern after him on Allah and his behalf.

The great Prophet [pbuh] of Islam gave much importance to this issue, from the very begining till the very end. He introduced his successor in a very clear way, right at the begining of his mission during the invitation of Asheera [Dawatul-Asheera]. The Prophet [pbuh] of Islam gathered his relatives and informed them of the message and his mission. He repeatedly asked who would help him in spreading the message and fullfilling his mission. Nobody respnded but the legendary Ali [as]. It was then when the Prophet [pbuh] of Islam introduced his successor by taking Ali's hand and saying " Ali will be the executor of my will and my successor among you and you all must accept and obey him ".

Both Shia and Sunni scholars have narrated that the Prophet [pbuh] of Islam had said in public gatherings that " I leave two precious things amongst you, the Holy Quran and my Household, if you keep them together and follow them you will never go astray, but if you keep distance between them or overtake them you will lose your way ". It is very clear that by the household is certainly meant the core of revelation and inspiration, and that is Ali [as] and his pure descendants. Because the Prophet [pbuh] himself has repeatedly introduced them and they were the only ones who had no errors or mistakes and whose obedience never ends to deviation.

Imaam Ahmed Bin Hambal, one of the great Sunni heavy weights and jurists, writes; that the Prophet [pbuh] of Islam said to Ali [as], " You have the authority and Wilayath over each believer on my behalf after me ". The Prophet [pbuh] of Islam again named and appointed, the same person as, his successor at the very end. He also introduced his successor at the very end, at the place of Gadeer during his last sermon. The Prophet [pbuh] stood before thousands and said " My death is approaching and I will soon leave you ". Then he raised Ali's hand and said " Ali will be the Lord and the guardian of whomever took me as their lord and guardian ".

There are many traditions and narrations available in both Shia and Sunni books that the Prophet [pbuh] said " My successors are twelve and all are from the Quraish tribe ". Some of these traditions and narrations even describe the qualifications of the pure Imaams and also mention their names. The above examples have been mentioned and discussed in great detail many times over. They clearly show who was capable and who should have held and holds, Islam and the Muslims affairs after the Prophet [pbuh]. The matter is crystal clear but not for the arrogant and ignorant.

Edited by Ameen, 06 March 2012 - 05:49 PM.

• Rasul, Khadim uz Zahra, Quranist and 1 other like this

#2 Muhammad Faysal Ali

Muhammad Faysal Ali
  • Basic Members
  • 29 posts
  • Religion:Islam-School of Ahlul Bayt (as)
  • Interests:Islamic theology

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:02 AM

Salaam Brother Ameen,

This is a excellent explanation o provided by you , but brother thread Imammat self-contradicting concept which ambrosechappel has started is weaking the faith on Imammat of shia , what'S ur opinion on that

#3 Righteous

Righteous

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:36 AM

<p>

<br />
Salaam Brother Ameen,<br />
<br />

This is a excellent explanation o provided by you , but brother thread Imammat self-contradicting concept which ambrosechappel has started is weaking the faith on Imammat of shia , what'S&nbsp;&nbsp;ur opinion on that<br />

Is it really...i think it is only attractive and makes sense to those Sunni's who are looking for straws to clutch to when they are loosing arguments and hope. It is called a mutual admiration and hypocrisy club. ambrose is jumping from one thing to another without giving any facts or logical arguments.

He conveniently ignored my post&nbsp;<a href="http://www.shiachat....53940">#87</a>. I am sorry but religion is based on individual's twisted interpretation and logic.

Trust me and I say this with confidence and not arrogance, that it is Sunnism which is vulnerable to Logically and historically valid arguments. You have built a religion based on post hoc validation and doctrine of necessity. Sunnism is the religion of the rulers who used it to further their rule and pliant Mullahs twisted religious interpretations to suit the actions of the rulers.&nbsp;

Coming back to the arguments presented by brother Ameen, it is evident from all sources that from dawat-e- zul asheera (beginning) to ghadeer-e-khum (Ending) Rasool Allah (pbuh) appointed Ali as his successor and wali of Muslims and told people to follow him.</p>

Now can you simply answer in a Yes or No to the above assertion?
  • Muntaqim Force likes this

#4 Muhammad Faysal Ali

Muhammad Faysal Ali
  • Basic Members
  • 29 posts
  • Religion:Islam-School of Ahlul Bayt (as)
  • Interests:Islamic theology

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:40 AM

<p>

Is it really...i think it is only attractive and makes sense to those Sunni's who are looking for straws to clutch to when they are loosing arguments and hope. It is called a mutual admiration and hypocrisy club. ambrose is jumping from one thing to another without giving any facts or logical arguments.

He conveniently ignored my post&nbsp;<a href="http://www.shiachat....53940">#87</a>. I am sorry but religion is based on individual's twisted interpretation and logic.

Trust me and I say this with confidence and not arrogance, that it is Sunnism which is vulnerable to Logically and historically valid arguments. You have built a religion based on post hoc validation and doctrine of necessity. Sunnism is the religion of the rulers who used it to further their rule and pliant Mullahs twisted religious interpretations to suit the actions of the rulers.&nbsp;

Coming back to the arguments presented by brother Ameen, it is evident from all sources that from dawat-e- zul asheera (beginning) to ghadeer-e-khum (Ending) Rasool Allah (pbuh) appointed Ali as his successor and wali of Muslims and told people to follow him.</p>

Now can you simply answer in a Yes or No to the above assertion?

Salaam brother,

I know wat sunnism is , what their foolish Aqaids are, Wat absurd their Siha sitta speaks for Holy Prophet pbuh , some shia brothers were reading his thread with me on my laptop they start to questioning me about the concept of Imammat becoz of his twists , I saw he was not giving answers neither you nor bro Ameen he was just blaming shia's all the way in his Answer

#5 Muntaqim Force

Muntaqim Force

Debate Psychologist

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 848 posts
  • Religion:Islam-Shia Twelver Usooli+Akhbari = THE SHIA
  • Interests:Wahabi Killer and Momin lover, Medicine, Science and Islam.

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:47 AM

Salaam brother,

I know wat sunnism is , what their foolish Aqaids are, Wat absurd their Siha sitta speaks for Holy Prophet pbuh , some shia brothers were reading his thread with me on my laptop they start to questioning me about the concept of Imammat becoz of his twists , I saw he was not giving answers neither you nor bro Ameen he was just blaming shia's all the way in his Answer

Only shiaa brothers who do not have complete knowledge of why they are shias and they are because their parents were can be inspired by such twists. What brother Ameen said is 100% true.

#6 md. ammar ali

md. ammar ali

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,456 posts
  • Religion:twelver shia -isna asheri
  • Interests:histroy
    politics
    travelling
    debates

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:08 AM

yes i believe the holy prophet saww appointed imam ali (as) as his successor

1.dawat aheera
2.musa-harun=muhammad-ali (pbuat) comparision
3.ghadeer khum
4.mubahila
5.marriage to the only daughter of rasoolallah saww bibi fatima al zahra (as)
6.standard bearer at khaibar
7.i am knowledge and ali is gate

#7 Ameen

Ameen

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:28 AM

Salaam Brother Ameen,

This is a excellent explanation o provided by you , but brother thread Imammat self-contradicting concept which ambrosechappel has started is weaking the faith on Imammat of shia , what'S ur opinion on that

Salaam brother. Thank you very much for your compliment and also I thank all the other brothers for their compliments. Jazakumullah! Let me say this first, It doesnl't if it is compliment or criticism, I welcome both. I am a person who has a wide and open mind, a clean and pure heart, and an honest conscious with a clear vision. All due respect towards brother Abmbrosechappel and I appreciate his time and effort regarding his posts. People are born, it doesn't matter which family, Muslim or non Muslim, shia or Sunni, but they are brought up with a minset. What you are told and how you are brought up that is what you become. You accept what you are told and you look up to your elders and you automatically accept what and how is been said and what and how it is been done. Later on in life either you stick to that minset and accept what ever goes with it and reject what ever goes against it. This is how one lives their life by trying to justify themselves and proving the others wrong. Or you start studying others and questioning yourself to gain knowledge and information about yourself and others. Alot of Shias don't have a clue what Shiaism is about and the same goes for the Sunnis. I will continue this.

#8 Ameen

Ameen

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:52 AM

Continued! As far as brother Ambrosechappel is concerned he is putting forward his thoughts and opinions based on mindset and his arguements are just onesided. It's nice to question but it's also important to answer. It's nice to ask for an explanation but it's also important to give one. If one believes that leadership, after Muhammad [pbuh], has got nothing to do with, and is not part of religion, then that's fine. But one shouldn't stop there, infact they should provide an answer. I shall continue this.

#9 Ameen

Ameen

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:48 PM

Continued! If leadership after Muhammad [pbuh] is not part of religion, then what is it part of???? If leadership after Muhammad [pbuh] has got nothing to do with religion, then what has it got to do with??? If leadership after Muhammad [pbuh] isn't connected and linked with Allah and his Messenger, then who is it connected and linked with??? This is where you will see people like brother Ambrosechappel twisting and turning. This is something they will be afraid to get into. So a discussion and debate has two sides consisting of ask and also tell, question and also answer, demand an explanation but also give one too and put up a two sided arguement. This is not being done by brother Ambrosechappel and his kind. His articles are impressive to the ones who share his mindset and the ones who lack in knowledge and information about Shiaism. I appreciate the time and effort he has spent but his articles are based on suspicion and doubt. Ok! No problem, but like I said to him that lets say that Shia Imaamath is a self-contradictory concept, then what other sensible and logical explanation do we have concerning the leadership and the safeguard and thorough explanation of the Quran and Sunnah after Muhammad [pbuh]??? I shall continue this,

#10 Ameen

Ameen

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:12 PM

Allah has said clearly in the Holy Quran that if you have suspicion or doubt about something or if you differ amongst yourselves over something or something is not confirmed then turn towards two just and fair witnesses. Now there is obviously suspicion and doubt about Hazrath Mahdi [as] amongst some people. Some think the coming of Mahdi [as] is uncertain and unconfirmed. Some people have suspicion and doubt that he is in occultation. When Mahdi [as] appears people would still want evidence and proof because that's how the human mind works and Allah knows that because we are his creation. Even those who believe in the coming of Mahdi [as] have the right to know that this is the right man when he appears. My response is that to confirm something, which is unconfirmed, suspicious and doubtful, you need something which is solid, strong, believed in and acceptable. Mahdi [as] is unconfirmed, suspicious and doubtful. So it is obvious that mankind would want witnesses as evidence and proof regarding Mahdi [as]. So Allah will provide two witnesses to prove Mahdi's cases because that's what he orders and expects amongst us. Those two witnesses are and will be Hazrath Eesa [Jesus] [as] and Hazrath Khizar [as] who are confirmed, believed in, strong and solid evidence to prove which is unconfirmed, suspicious, doubtful and weak according to some people and that is Hazrath Mahdi [as]. If somebody has a better explanation regarding Hazrath Eesa [as] and Hazrath Khizar [as] then I would like to here it. If some people think this is rubbish, nonsense and wrong then I would like to know why???? I have a right to know that much don't I????

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users