3 replies to this topic

#1 ~Zee Zee~

~Zee Zee~

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  • Religion:Muslim

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:50 AM

So Okay I caught a nasty flu three days ago. Some of was due because I had family members who were already sick, and the other part was my fault....I would never zip my jacket and like to wear V-necks...because the weather was starting to get nice....But as it is Chicago the weather is crazy. Now It's actually snowing...Anyway Chicken soup does not work for me. I honestly feel getting more sick from it....I don't know why..... When I get sick I become very alert and I try to destroy the flu virus in two days tops...I seriously go wild. and start thinking of how I'm going to conquer the virus army as they are intruding MY kingdom...What you need to do is start building your immune system. I almost NEVER take medicine until it is the very last resort. But What I DO is this:

1.) Boil Eggs until very hot but don't let them harden... Break them into a cup and drink them...and any of the whites left in the shell s c rape it out with your spoon and eat that too.

2.) Eat bread with honey and vinegar...Just put vinegar and some honey into two seperate small arabic coffee cups and start putting it on with some bread. Extra Virgin Olive Oil Is great too

3.) Drink alot of water and tea ( the good kind that doesn't come from bags but loose) with honey in it.

4.) Take a Multi-Vitamin pill..

5.) Also Always put listerine on your tooth brush each time you are using it....so it kills the germs after each use....

6.) Walk or do a light physical activity in your home...if you just stay in bed all day it will get worse...

7.) Eating garlic and onions....this I havent tried yet as I'm not going to jeopardize my reputation at university....but I will be doing it when I come back home....

8.) Always be Positive and Laugh it up....because you will get the last laugh when the virus melt.....and scream in agony ....Serves them right for trespassing my Kingdom....yeah

Secret Tip: Enjoy a piece of crystal sugar.....it is very good...for the throat

Edited by LebanesePrincess, 24 February 2012 - 08:54 AM.

• Gypsy, Legendary and Shia_Debater like this

#2 Shia_Debater

Shia_Debater

:)

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,495 posts
  • Religion:Islam

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:59 AM

(bismillah)

(salam)

I just wanna mention on the point you said about not taking medicine except as a last resort.

I remember hearing in a lecture that Imam as-Sadiq (as) said to not take medicine unless you need to take it i.e. as a last resort

and these days we see most (or maybe all) medicine say have some sort of side affects, so it's a good thing you aren't taking medicine except as a last resort :)

(just though I would mention it for others who see this thread and think avoiding medicine except as a last resort might be a bad thing)

(wasalam)
  • ~Zee Zee~ likes this

#3 ~Zee Zee~

~Zee Zee~

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  • Religion:Muslim

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:06 AM

(bismillah)

(salam)

I just wanna mention on the point you said about not taking medicine except as a last resort.

I remember hearing in a lecture that Imam as-Sadiq (as) said to not take medicine unless you need to take it i.e. as a last resort

and these days we see most (or maybe all) medicine say have some sort of side affects, so it's a good thing you aren't taking medicine except as a last resort :)

(just though I would mention it for others who see this thread and think avoiding medicine except as a last resort might be a bad thing)

(wasalam)

A couple of years ago I used to be close friends with a Pakistani Pharmacist before he moved to Canada. One day he was coughing very badly in the pharmacy area and I told him " Take medicine! your cough is bad! What are you even doing at work....you work at a pharmacy you should know what to take!" I was stunned when he responded with, " Let me tell you a secret. Synthetic medicine weakens your immune system. It makes you more dependant on it. Pharmacy is a multi-billion dollar industry...some of the problems people have can be treated naturally...but they have become dependant on pharmacuiticals." Then he said, " I would never take medicine until it is the very, very, VERY last resort and you should do the same too." And I have kept his words with me ever since...He is very right Mashallah

Edited by LebanesePrincess, 24 February 2012 - 09:07 AM.

#4 Legendary

Legendary

Salaams :)

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts
  • Religion:Islam
  • Interests:World

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:13 AM

yup, i tried all this. The best ones are drinking warm water with honey and lemon....and exercising! Gives you more energy and you will be better in no time

Edited by zaytoon, 24 February 2012 - 09:14 AM.

• ~Zee Zee~ likes this

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users