Sign in to follow this  
vazeer

Ask Your Computer Problems Here !

I have also tried this, it did not work. Shouldn't it atleast detect my monitor? I get nothing, like the OS does not even hint that I have connected it. I tried the detect button from the Display settings, still nothing.

I have also tried this, it did not work. Shouldn't it atleast detect my monitor? I get nothing, like the OS does not even hint that I have connected it. I tried the detect button from the Display settings, still nothing.

Try booting it with connected external monitor and if post comes on external then its driver problem else it hardware as it bit usual problem in laptops

Try reinstalling ur drivers and trying it again ,if its hardware then replacement is only option.

Would it work if I connected using HDMI? Is it possible that the hardware problem is likely to be with the VGA port?

*I don't have a HDMI cable yet.

Would it work if I connected using HDMI? Is it possible that the hardware problem is likely to be with the VGA port?

*I don't have a HDMI cable yet.

Yaa Its possible that only vga port is not working but chances are less but worth giving a try,if its in warranty show it to suppoort center.

Anyone else having pc or gadget related post here.

(Hardware related are hard to solve untill and unless u don't have that equiment in hand but i wil try my best.)

I would like to record my video tapes and cassette tapes to computer Can you advice

It very easy it reminded me of my childhood days

things u need.

1. Computer with line in port blue one next to mic and speakers port
  2. two side jack aurdio cable

inage here >

http://www.ford.co.nz/servlet/Satellite?blobcol=urlpicture&blobheader=image%2Fjpeg&blobheadername1=Cache-Control&blobheadername2=Content-Disposition&blobheadername3=Content-Length&blobheadervalue1=max-age%3D1000&blobheadervalue2=inline%3B+filename%3D1248889147219.jpg&blobheadervalue3=37566&blobkey=id&blobtable=DFYImage&blobwhere=1248889147219&ssbinary=true

1. Connect one to ur cassette player headfone port and other side to line in port
  2. Open sound recorder or audiocity select line in source
  3. and click record and now play cassetter player it recording now.
  4. stop when u like u can cut different audio afterwards,

Hi,

I keep getting "congratulations, you've won" coming out of speakers randomly and it is getting very frustrating because it can happen every few seconds! I googled the problem and it said to download and run "spybot - search and destroy" which I've done and it stopped happening for a few hours but now is back again. I've run a full virus scan (AVG antivirus) and this did not detect any viruses. Can you advise? thanks

thank you vazeer I am trying will let you know if stuck. Will video tape also work with same hardware pic you gave?

No bro Video tape is comptly diferent thing u need different tools for them info i given is only for audio cassettes recording.

If u were asking about Video Cassette then its a different story u will need a capture card where u can plug ur audio and video cable of ur VCR etc.There is aslo usb based capture device like this one

http://images.highspeedbackbone.net/skuimages/large/A03-7134-main-sp.jpg

Then a Video capturing software free one is Golden Videos VHS to DVD Converter

http://www.nchsoftware.com/goldenvideos/index.html

Connect cables and select videe capture device in source and record now.

Hi,

I keep getting "congratulations, you've won" coming out of speakers randomly and it is getting very frustrating because it can happen every few seconds! I googled the problem and it said to download and run "spybot - search and destroy" which I've done and it stopped happening for a few hours but now is back again. I've run a full virus scan (AVG antivirus) and this did not detect any viruses. Can you advise? thanks

Yaa you got right answer that ur infected by a spyware or adware, does this voice comes when a browser is open or all the time even ur doing nothging, sometime spyware installs a genuine app so AV will not detect it. So does it comes when ur browsing or all the time and which operating system ru using.

I had created a separate thread but nobody replied, so here I am: Do you or anybody on the forum work/worked/working on the Windows Server?

Buddy just ask the question if someone knows will reply, I know a bit about server but not much.

Edited by vazeer

hey bro y my sc notifications are spammed?(emails)

please......

(bismillah)

(salam)

bro go on here: http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=notifications

and untick the box under Email so you dont get an email message but you still get the notifcation on shiachat :)

(wasalam)

i want mails, but not spams. sc notifications goes like 245-250

Oh I see, well maybe you are following many different topics or something? When you follow topics you get notifications for all posts made on that topic.

Maybe just pick a few options such as:

Notify me when someone quotes my posts

Notify me when someone 'likes' my posts

Notify me of replies to my status updates

Notify me of replies to status updates I have replied to

Notify me when one of my friends updates their status

Notify me of comments made on my profile

Notify me when someone adds me as a friend

Notify me when someone approves a friend request I make

Oh I see, well maybe you are following many different topics or something? When you follow topics you get notifications for all posts made on that topic.

Maybe just pick a few options such as:

Notify me when someone quotes my posts

Notify me when someone 'likes' my posts

Notify me of replies to my status updates

Notify me of replies to status updates I have replied to

Notify me when one of my friends updates their status

Notify me of comments made on my profile

Notify me when someone adds me as a friend

Notify me when someone approves a friend request I make

all these are perfect bro!

i havent been to that area since weeks, everything was fine but suddenly yesterday it started, emailin as spams.

No bro Video tape is comptly diferent thing u need different tools for them info i given is only for audio cassettes recording.

If u were asking about Video Cassette then its a different story u will need a capture card where u can plug ur audio and video cable of ur VCR etc.There is aslo usb based capture device like this one

http://images.highspeedbackbone.net/skuimages/large/A03-7134-main-sp.jpg

Then a Video capturing software free one is Golden Videos VHS to DVD Converter

http://www.nchsoftware.com/goldenvideos/index.html

Connect cables and select videe capture device in source and record now.

Yaa you got right answer that ur infected by a spyware or adware, does this voice comes when a browser is open or all the time even ur doing nothging, sometime spyware installs a genuine app so AV will not detect it. So does it comes when ur browsing or all the time and which operating system ru using.

Buddy just ask the question if someone knows will reply, I know a bit about server but not much.

thnx vazeer again

i will try that

Can someone tell me how much time one will take to learn .Net or PHP? Are you aware of some website that has easy learning material?

PHP is easy and better. It's possible to learn PHP online easily.

But i think running PHP on production scale windows server isn't a good idea, better to switch on linux.

Interactive Programming Courses

http://www.tizag.com/phpT/

http://www.w3schools.com/php/default.asp

Assalaam aleykom

OK, so I got a virus in my computer few days ago. I couldn't do anything, since all programs seemed to be wiped out from my start menu..so I just shot it off, went to someone who helped me to get back my driver C (He kinda repaired the driver before logging into windows, and according to him, restored the data that was there 2-3 days before the virus)

So, my laptop is working fine BUT all files and documents are gone, so all programs (even programs I installed myself) are there..but no files (words, pdf, pics...etc etc)

The funny thing is that the laptop still thinks the files are there. So, I can not create a new folder called My Documents, because it already exists!!

I can not save pics as xxxx because that name already exists...even when "favving" web pages on internet, they already are on my favorite list..

so, is there a chance/way to get back the files and documents since the computer think they are still there??

Best regards

Assalaam aleykom

OK, so I got a virus in my computer few days ago. I couldn't do anything, since all programs seemed to be wiped out from my start menu..so I just shot it off, went to someone who helped me to get back my driver C (He kinda repaired the driver before logging into windows, and according to him, restored the data that was there 2-3 days before the virus)

So, my laptop is working fine BUT all files and documents are gone, so all programs (even programs I installed myself) are there..but no files (words, pdf, pics...etc etc)

The funny thing is that the laptop still thinks the files are there. So, I can not create a new folder called My Documents, because it already exists!!

I can not save pics as xxxx because that name already exists...even when "favving" web pages on internet, they already are on my favorite list..

so, is there a chance/way to get back the files and documents since the computer think they are still there??

Best regards

Perhaps the files were hidden by the viruses?

Tools -> folder options -> check "show hidden files"