Sign in to follow this  
vazeer

Ask Your Computer Problems Here !

This is a great thread and good idea.

May God bless you, vazeer.

Thanks alot brother

i m using xp i didnt know how the files got encrypted, i did not even knew ny such thing.

once i got my pc formatted and after that i came to know bout the whole thing nd thus about the key's being lost.

As ur telling u formatted ur pc then chance are very low to decrypt the data without getting logged by user that encrypted it.

Possible solutions :

1) Try taking permission right on these folder by right clicking>security>permission and try adding urself with full rights.

2) There is one encryption breaking software but its paid so you can give it a try and u can download it for free if u know how.

link to soft >

http://www.elcomsoft.com/aefsdr.html

I have a file on my computer and I was keeping a few Arabic quotations with the English translation. I saved the file with UNICODE in order to keep the Arabic fonts. One day I had the file open and added something to it, but instead of clicking the save button I accidently clicked the "save as" button and saved it as ANSI instead of UNICODE, so I lost my Arabic fonts and it looks like this: ÛÖÈ ÝÇØãÉ = ÛÖÈ ÑÓæá Çááå = ÛÖÈ Çááå = áÚäÉ ãä Çááå æÇááÇÚäíä. Is there any way to change that font back to Arabic? Thank you.

In Ansi OEM character codes are changed so no hope of getting it back to arabic but as u told used "save as" option then there must be a previous saved file if u didn't overwrirted it.

Always use wordpad it saves in rtf format and good for all daily needs.

wat best free antivirus to use?

I have some video files in my computer how to protect them from viruses and alteration?

can i use tally in linux?

Antivirus depends on ur needs if you want free one then AVG and Avast are good enough.

Going for paid then Kapersky,Nod32 and Norton are Good.

Want more security as I do use a firewall too but need to have deep knowledge of windows files else window firewall is good enough.

If there is virus is ur pc u can't protect any file else simple way to protect any file is to zip or rar it with password encryption but don't forget it the password.

In Ansi OEM character codes are changed so no hope of getting it back to arabic but as u told used "save as" option then there must be a previous saved file if u didn't overwrirted it.

Always use wordpad it saves in rtf format and good for all daily needs.

(bismillah)

(salam)

Thank you, vazeer! I searched my computer and I had another file that was older and had the info I needed! I will check out the wordpad that you mentioned. :)

@ Repenter: Yesterday I was so busy I did not get back with you, but vazeer helped me and saved you the trouble of spending time on my problem. Thank you for wanting to help. :)

(bismillah)

(salam)

I have a file on my computer and I was keeping a few Arabic quotations with the English translation. I saved the file with UNICODE in order to keep the Arabic fonts. One day I had the file open and added something to it, but instead of clicking the save button I accidently clicked the "save as" button and saved it as ANSI instead of UNICODE, so I lost my Arabic fonts and it looks like this: ÛÖÈ ÝÇØãÉ = ÛÖÈ ÑÓæá Çááå = ÛÖÈ Çááå = áÚäÉ ãä Çááå æÇááÇÚäíä. Is there any way to change that font back to Arabic? Thank you.

You could try to "save as.." again in Unicode. If that doesn't work, then I don't think you will be able to get it back again.

(bismillah)

(salam)

Thank you, vazeer! I searched my computer and I had another file that was older and had the info I needed! I will check out the wordpad that you mentioned. :)

Glad to hear that your solved ! :)

You could try to "save as.." again in Unicode. If that doesn't work, then I don't think you will be able to get it back again.

Save again from ANSI to Unicode will not able to revert the change back !

thanks vazeer but i m not ble to do it. nd have got the the software when i googled it.

so i wd like to have u at my place someday.

its asking for adding recovery agent nd then adding certificates. m not able to do that.

shed some light.

thanks vazeer but i m not ble to do it. nd have got the the software when i googled it.

so i wd like to have u at my place someday.

its asking for adding recovery agent nd then adding certificates. m not able to do that.

shed some light.

Did you able to get the efs recovery software or not ? :excl:

If not download it from I haven't test it >

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:3f71a33e5b4682122d93021da62d7d06268ef133&dn=Advanced+EFS+Data+Recovery+Pro+v4.02.rar&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.publicbt.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.ccc.de%3A80

Dear couldn't understand which thing is asking for cerfts ? Please post detailed info.

There is one more solution you can try it out

Go to the Drive which contains encrypted files suppose D:

right click on it select "tools" and from backup section select "Backup now"

Now wizard shows up select the drive where u wana backup file restored and next select "let me choose"

select folder and files and encrypted and backup it

and now files must be there where you defined before and hopefully u can acccess then now.

Sometimes it works sometime it dosn't

Last hope recovering RAW data to get efs key if it didn't overwritten

Software for recovery >

http://www.easeus.com/resource/recover-files-after-reinstalling-windows.htm

Edited by vazeer

Did you able to get the efs recovery software or not ? :excl:

If not download it from I haven't test it >

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:3f71a33e5b4682122d93021da62d7d06268ef133&dn=Advanced+EFS+Data+Recovery+Pro+v4.02.rar&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.publicbt.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.ccc.de%3A80

Dear couldn't understand which thing is asking for cerfts ? Please post detailed info.

There is one more solution you can try it out

Go to the Drive which contains encrypted files suppose D:

right click on it select "tools" and from backup section select "Backup now"

Now wizard shows up select the drive where u wana backup file restored and next select "let me choose"

select folder and files and encrypted and backup it

and now files must be there where you defined before and hopefully u can acccess then now.

Sometimes it works sometime it dosn't

Last hope recovering RAW data to get efs key if it didn't overwritten

Software for recovery >

http://www.easeus.com/resource/recover-files-after-reinstalling-windows.htm

i have tried all that. long ago.

please tell me that i always log in as n admin but still unable to view some folders. y?it says access denied.

thanks for ur time bro.

@worshiper sorry bro i would love to solve ur problem atleast for now there seems no solution to it but keep researching on it if found will post here :(

I don't know. But some windows programs run flawlessly on linux by using wine.

I may run through wine but I suggest don't do that if ur mainting account bcoz it not nativly compatible to linux so u will lose all in one go.

Tally is quite old fashioned software try other advance erp accounting softwares.

I may run through wine but I suggest don't do that if ur mainting account bcoz it not nativly compatible to linux so u will lose all in one go.

Tally is quite old fashioned software try other advance erp accounting softwares.

Yeah, if it is a mission-critical activity, don't do that.

The older the win software, the higher the chance of it to run perfectly on wine because the required win libraries have been developed by wine developers.

(bismillah)

(salam)

When I open my email account, a gray colored bar across the top shows up and it says: Allow Gmail (mail.google.com) to open all email links? Then there are two buttons, Use Gmail and No. Because I don't know what it means, I just ignore it. Please explain what that is.

When I open my email account, a gray colored bar across the top shows up and it says: Allow Gmail (mail.google.com) to open all email links? Then there are two buttons, Use Gmail and No. Because I don't know what it means, I just ignore it. Please explain what that is.

Is it a toolbar or within the browser its seems addon from given info which browser ru using ? please post a screenshot it will be easy to understand then.

Is it a toolbar or within the browser its seems addon from given info which browser ru using ? please post a screenshot it will be easy to understand then.

same case

its google chrome wd me. nd is an add on. which appears like wen it asks for saving passwords.

same case

its google chrome wd me. nd is an add on. which appears like wen it asks for saving passwords.

(bismillah)

(salam)

Yes, that's it. It's Google Chrome and it's an add on. In the past I saw an add on asking about saving passwords and I clicked on the No and it never asks me again. Now I get this new one asking about opening email links. :wacko:

(bismillah)

(salam)

Here is the screen shot.

vy645d.png

@hameedeh

Its google chrome as its google software its offering you set as default email client.Click on "No".

your all password are saved in tool>Options>Personal Stuff>Manage Saved Password

All your ids and pass are stored in there you it set to no if you don't want it.

Edited by vazeer

@hameedeh

Its google chrome as its google software its offering you set as default email client.Click on "No".

your all password are saved in tool>Options>Personal Stuff>Manage Saved Password

All your ids and pass are stored in there you it set to no if you don't want it.

(bismillah)

(salam)

Thank you so much. This is great to know. :)

I am running XP.

I have the latest NAV.

The problem is that HD is churning all the time. It did not used to be so. This is a large HD which is supposed to be very quiet. The SOUND of GAR GAR is rather continual and at certain times in the morning, GARRRRRRRRR GARRRRRRRRRRR etc.

How can I diagnose which process is accessing the HD all the time ?

Edited by mufeed

Salam,

Problem: Laptop won't detect external monitor.

I have a Toshiba satellite Pro with an ATI 5650 Mobility Radeon. I tried to connect using a VGA (male) to DVI (female) adaptor but there isn't the slightest hint of it being detected. I have the latest GPU drivers.

I am running XP.

I have the latest NAV.

The problem is that HD is churning all the time. It did not used to be so. This is a large HD which is supposed to be very quiet. The SOUND of GAR GAR is rather continual and at certain times in the morning, GARRRRRRRRR GARRRRRRRRRRR etc.

How can I diagnose which process is accessing the HD all the time ?

HDD sound it never good,its seems either ur having bad sectors and hdd is going to die,or there is power problem

There are many tools out there free one too that can anylayis and monitoring hdd and generate detailed report so will know whats worng

here are few

http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/downloads/seatools
http://www.drivehealth.com/
http://www.panterasoft.com/
http://hddlife.com/index.html (trial)

Salam,

Problem: Laptop won't detect external monitor.

I have a Toshiba satellite Pro with an ATI 5650 Mobility Radeon. I tried to connect using a VGA (male) to DVI (female) adaptor but there isn't the slightest hint of it being detected. I have the latest GPU drivers.

Have to changed the source from OS different laptop have different function keys to change the video port like in mine is fn+f4 press desired buttons on yours (i think its fn+f5) and if you did please let me know.

Edited by vazeer

To Vazeer: Yes I did.

If u did still not working then try going to Desktop --> Properties --> Settings --> Advanced --> Utility Manager --> Driver Mode Settings --> Under Driver Mode select Multimonitor option from the dropdown list in xp

In win 7 screen resolution> Display and select the one from dropdown list