Ruq

Ate/Eating/Will Eat?

Rate this topic

Here in South India people avoid eating non-veg during the first 10-12 days of Muharram

I don't understand the logic behind this and eat egg/cakes etc at college but avoid meat since it isn't halal

As yesterday was 12th of Muharram Managed and this temporary ban on non-veg ended Managed to eat Beef Kebabs, Chicken Grill and Biryani

l ate at my littIe sister's last night.

Kebab, beef, a bowl of cauliflower, washed down with coffee.

My nephew (2) tried to participate in everything. Normal. But when l got home, what none of us knew is he knows how to use a smart phone. So he calls me, waits for the answering machine to beep and then says, "Hi, Amu". Then hangs up.

3 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Kebab, beef, a bowl of cauliflower, washed down with coffee.

My nephew (2) tried to participate in everything. Normal. But when l got home, what none of us knew is he knows how to use a smart phone. So he calls me, waits for the answering machine to beep and then says, "Hi, Amu". Then hangs up.

MashAllah. Your nephew is so sweet. Your meal was savory. :D 

:cry: "Sniff ... Sniff"

l went to little sister's to baby sit. Give my nephew a B+ for the day.

Buuuuttttttt ... my little sister didn't leave ME anything to eat.

So hours later when l got home l heated some dry rice l had in the fridge.

Dry rice, a little water in a bowl, slice of cheese and microwave.

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 8:45 PM, hasanhh said:

:cry: "Sniff ... Sniff"

l went to little sister's to baby sit. Give my nephew a B+ for the day.

Buuuuttttttt ... my little sister didn't leave ME anything to eat.

So hours later when l got home l heated some dry rice l had in the fridge.

Dry rice, a little water in a bowl, slice of cheese and microwave.

l finished that old rice today. Passable.

1 hour ago, hasanhh said:

Swabian Noodles and rice.  :eat::eat: "Doubly Good".

Noodles and rice? 

I had leftover potato pie for breakfast. Still good.

And coffee with milk - always coffee with milk. 

5 hours ago, hasanhh said:

And rice with ketchup after that.

It's good to be a not picky eater I suppose. ( :fever: )

I'm not generally a fan of ketchup. My daughter was eating chicken pot pie and some fries with ketchup. A little ketchup got onto the chicken. She "mmmm"ed and offered me a taste. Believe it or not, ketchup actually tasted good on chicken pot pie. 

1 hour ago, notme said:

It's good to be a not picky eater I suppose. ( :fever: )

I'm not generally a fan of ketchup. My daughter was eating chicken pot pie and some fries with ketchup. A little ketchup got onto the chicken. She "mmmm"ed and offered me a taste. Believe it or not, ketchup actually tasted good on chicken pot pie. 

l do hope it was halal chicken.  :grin:  Made it yourself?

l am not a picky eater. Reason. My mom. We -sister and l- were telling a cousin about Mom's terrible cooking. l made some comment about Allah-s.w.t. punishing her for how bad it was. Our cousin said, "You cannot go to Hell for being a bad cook." And simultaneously we said, "Mom can!"  Something really has to be bad for me not to eat it. Like unsanitary, undercooked, and so forth.

Ketchup goes on about anything. lt is only spiced tomatoes.

24 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

do hope it was halal chicken.  :grin:  Made it yourself?

Of course! When you have a large family, packaged prepared foods are neither economical nor convenient. This was 2 lbs dark meat chicken, skinned and deboned, one large sweet onion, three cloves garlic, one cube vegetable bouillon, some leftover shredded potatoes, one can of cream of mushroom condensed soup, simmered in the crock pot all day, a bit of cornstarch for thickening, topped with slightly overwatered biscuit recipe from Mark Bitman's How to Cook Anything: The Basics with a small amount of shredded cheddar mixed into the batter, baked at 375 until golden and crisp on top. 

But her fries came frozen in an 8 pound bag from the local warehouse store, and the ketchup was store bought. 

24 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Ketchup goes on about anything. lt is only spiced tomatoes.

Anything ketchup goes on, BBQ sauce or salsa goes better. The only condiment less interesting than ketchup is mayonnaise. Sure, you can put it on anything, but why would you? 

8 minutes ago, starlight said:

Made these for dinner with egg fried rice . While my son jumps excitedly every time he sees me making these, my daughter thinks I am being oppressive by making her finish her portion.

rps20171119_200136_091.thumb.jpg.9a36197be75ca330a878d7a243cd6886.jpg

Just now I had french fries and chips.. but now I'm hungry again :eat: