#1 Ali Shahed

Ali Shahed

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:25 AM

Chup Tazia (The Silent Coffin)

Photos : https://www.facebook...82110625&type=1

Chup Tazia (Urdu: چپ تعزیہ) is the name in India and Pakistan given to an annual religious procession held by Twelver Shia Muslims to commemorate the death of Imam Hasan al-Askari.
The processions are held on the 8th of Rabi' al-awwal, according to the Islamic calendar. The procession is usually regarded as the last procession of the mourning period that begins in the Islamic month of Muharram.
The procession under the name of 'Chup Tazia' is believed to have originated in the Indian city of Lucknow before spreading to other parts of South Asia.
In this procession the mourners usually carry agarbatti (incense stick) and walk silently accompanying the zaree (coffin).
In Hyderabad (India) the procession starts from Dabeerpura Flyover and reaches Alawa-e-Sartouq Mubarak at Darushafa which is a Shia Majority area in hyderabad just before evening prayers (maghrib prayers). At this place a short majlis is arranged and after this majlis the black flags which symbolises sorrow is removed and red flags are hoisted which symbolises the Joy. This changing of flags takes place as since the next day the ninth of Rabi al awwal is festival day (Eid e Zehra s.w.a). Moreover it is the belief of Shia Islam that we have to be happy when Ahlebait a.s (family of Prophet Mohammad a.s. specifically the Panjetane paak a.s) is happy and we have to be sad when they are.
The literal meaning of Chup Tazia is as follows : Chup means Silence, Tazia means procession in which Coffin (tazia) is carried. Chup Tazia can be defined as a procession carrying coffin in which everybody is silent.

Edited by behayaat, 01 February 2012 - 09:45 AM.

• diracdeltafunc and Gotham like this

#2 labbaikkhamenai

labbaikkhamenai

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
  • Religion:Shia Islam
  • Interests:Stocks, Footy & Politics

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:57 PM

(salam)

Quite an unnecessary procession.... causes traffic jams ! ... took me an hour and a half to reach work !

huh

AA

#3 Ali Shahed

Ali Shahed

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:08 PM

(salam)

Quite an unnecessary procession.... causes traffic jams ! ... took me an hour and a half to reach work !

huh

AA

haha wow attitude!
If religion is unnecessary y not become an atheist. :)

Edited by behayaat, 01 February 2012 - 02:18 PM.

#4 diracdeltafunc

diracdeltafunc

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Religion:Jafferi (Itna Ashari)

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:52 PM

Chup Tazia (The Silent Coffin)

Photos : https://www.facebook...82110625&type=1

Chup Tazia (Urdu: چپ تعزیہ) is the name in India and Pakistan given to an annual religious procession held by Twelver Shia Muslims to commemorate the death of Imam Hasan al-Askari.
The processions are held on the 8th of Rabi' al-awwal, according to the Islamic calendar. The procession is usually regarded as the last procession of the mourning period that begins in the Islamic month of Muharram.
The procession under the name of 'Chup Tazia' is believed to have originated in the Indian city of Lucknow before spreading to other parts of South Asia.
In this procession the mourners usually carry agarbatti (incense stick) and walk silently accompanying the zaree (coffin).
In Hyderabad (India) the procession starts from Dabeerpura Flyover and reaches Alawa-e-Sartouq Mubarak at Darushafa which is a Shia Majority area in hyderabad just before evening prayers (maghrib prayers). At this place a short majlis is arranged and after this majlis the black flags which symbolises sorrow is removed and red flags are hoisted which symbolises the Joy. This changing of flags takes place as since the next day the ninth of Rabi al awwal is festival day (Eid e Zehra s.w.a). Moreover it is the belief of Shia Islam that we have to be happy when Ahlebait a.s (family of Prophet Mohammad a.s. specifically the Panjetane paak a.s) is happy and we have to be sad when they are.
The literal meaning of Chup Tazia is as follows : Chup means Silence, Tazia means procession in which Coffin (tazia) is carried. Chup Tazia can be defined as a procession carrying coffin in which everybody is silent.

Mashallah very well summarised bro.

(salam)

huh

AA

Yea Imam Hassan Al Askari a.s was martyred in his twenties to slave Islam and yet people like you complain about traffic jam due to his procession. The holy Imam was under house arrest for almost all his life with 2 loaves of bread and a glass of water everyday (literally!). Yet people like you who apparently call themselves the Imam's 'shia' complain about getting late to work due to the Imam's procession. Justice well done.

Shia wahabbis like you cause more damage to Islam than anybody else. No matter what you do in life, never attack azadari as azadari is the sole reason why Shiiat is alive and no matter what wahabbis like you say, we will never stop mourning for our Imams and take out their processions. May Allah swt increase the numbers of momineen taking part in these kind of processions exponentially every year Inshallah!!!!
  • wayfarer., Gotham and Ali Shahed like this

#5 worshiper

worshiper

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 702 posts
  • Religion:Islam

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:42 AM

wow i thought everyone here does not know much about lucknow.
but what bout tazia? what r the rulings by higher authorities of shiasm?
w/s

#6 Your-Best-Friend

Your-Best-Friend

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,763 posts
  • Interests:Religious Books and Visiting Families & Friends

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:56 AM

In Karachi, this procession is taken out from Nishtar Park, Soldier Bazar area,after a Majlis-e-Aza at 7am (8-Rabi-ul-Awwal), and people recites Nohas on their way (not loudly), and the procession ends at Noor Bagh Musafir Khana, Moosa Lane, Karachi. It takes around 4 hours.

Another procession is carried out from Rizvia Imambargah, Karachi at around 3pm and ends at Marton Road Imambargah, Karachi by 8pm.

Edited by Your-Best-Friend, 02 February 2012 - 05:57 AM.

#7 labbaikkhamenai

labbaikkhamenai

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:17 AM

(salam)

Lol @ Shia Wahabi .. Dude ... Imam lived a tough life ...

haha wow attitude!

Yea Imam Hassan Al Askari a.s was martyred in his twenties to slave Islam and yet people like you complain about traffic jam due to his procession. The holy Imam was under house arrest for almost all his life with 2 loaves of bread and a glass of water everyday (literally!). Yet people like you who apparently call themselves the Imam's 'shia' complain about getting late to work due to the Imam's procession. Justice well done.

Shia wahabbis like you cause more damage to Islam than anybody else. No matter what you do in life, never attack azadari as azadari is the sole reason why Shiiat is alive and no matter what wahabbis like you say, we will never stop mourning for our Imams and take out their processions. May Allah swt increase the numbers of momineen taking part in these kind of processions exponentially every year Inshallah!!!!

(salam)
God Forbid I am not against Azadari ... Azadari is our sheh rag ... you delete Kerbala out of my life, and I would just lose everything.. but I wont buy this chup tazia thing .. something which was started by some stupid Lucknow/Hyderabadi Guy shouldnt be made a part of religion ... I mean give me one good reason in favour of chup tazia.. Its a pointless juloos .... I support Ashura, Arabeen, 21st Ramadhan and Al Quds Rally Juloos .. but creating traffic jams for no good reason is quite stupid of us guys ... ! What are you exactly trying to achieve through chup tazia ?

Regards
AA

haha wow attitude!

(salam)

Since when did Chup tazia become a part of religion ?

Regards
AA

#8 worshiper

worshiper

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:23 AM

(salam)

(salam)
God Forbid I am not against Azadari ... Azadari is our sheh rag ... you delete Kerbala out of my life, and I would just lose everything.. but I wont buy this chup tazia thing .. something which was started by some stupid Lucknow/Hyderabadi Guy shouldnt be made a part of religion ... I mean give me one good reason in favour of chup tazia.. Its a pointless juloos .... I support Ashura, Arabeen, 21st Ramadhan and Al Quds Rally Juloos .. but creating traffic jams for no good reason is quite stupid of us guys ... ! What are you exactly trying to achieve through chup tazia ?

Regards
AA

(salam)

Regards
AA

it depends on ur dwelling place
when i learnt bout islam i was the same,
but forgot that these things introduced islam to me;passion for azadari.
i know these things dont have nething to do with shia islam but places like lucknow dont have either exceptionally good scholars or the listeners. so i chose to help them instead of telling them u were doing wrong since long so u dont kno nething bout religion and have formed ur own religion..
w/s.

#9 labbaikkhamenai

labbaikkhamenai

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:42 PM

it depends on ur dwelling place
when i learnt bout islam i was the same,
but forgot that these things introduced islam to me;passion for azadari.
i know these things dont have nething to do with shia islam but places like lucknow dont have either exceptionally good scholars or the listeners. so i chose to help them instead of telling them u were doing wrong since long so u dont kno nething bout religion and have formed ur own religion..
w/s.

(salam)

Dude... Fair enough, I dont know much about religion .. but what I know is that situation is not optimistic in Pakistan...So stop forming opinions about others

Regards
AA

wow i thought everyone here does not know much about lucknow.
but what bout tazia? what r the rulings by higher authorities of shiasm?
w/s

(salam)

People who are pro Chup Tazia and generally against the higher authorities

Regards
AA

#10 worshiper

worshiper

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:53 PM

(salam)

Dude... Fair enough, I dont know much about religion .. but what I know is that situation is not optimistic in Pakistan...So stop forming opinions about others

Regards
AA

(salam)

People who are pro Chup Tazia and generally against the higher authorities

Regards
AA

what optimistic?

i just said that the people who followed it since long do not drop the idea easily.

n what bout pro tazia?
m asking bout the rulings dude.

#11 diracdeltafunc

diracdeltafunc

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:42 PM

(salam)

(salam)

Regards
AA

(salam)

Regards
AA

YOu seem to contradict yourself many a time in your comment. Firstly you say that your not against azadari and almost immediately you call a procession that is being taken out in the name of Imam Hassan Al Askari a.s as "pointless". How dare you??? Who are you to judge??? Dont you know that the Imam of our time ajfs is amongst the mominen who take part in these juloose??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8DsozeRglA

Watch the above video over and over again till you understand what I'm trying to say. If you cant be bothered then atleast watch from 4:20 and watch it very carefully.

You have proven yourself to be a wahabbi agent who creates nothing but fitna in our community and create rifts for no reason. If you've got nothing good to say then why do you even bother posting here? You say that azadari is our sheh rag then what makes this chup tazia juloos any different from Ashura or Arbayeen juloose? I could go on even more but looks like iam just wasting my time with you. I wouldnt be surprised if you next say that we should stop ashura juloos and arbayeen juloos because it causes 'traffic jams'.
  • Ali Shahed likes this

#12 labbaikkhamenai

labbaikkhamenai

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:21 AM

YOu seem to contradict yourself many a time in your comment. Firstly you say that your not against azadari and almost immediately you call a procession that is being taken out in the name of Imam Hassan Al Askari a.s as "pointless". How dare you??? Who are you to judge??? Dont you know that the Imam of our time ajfs is amongst the mominen who take part in these juloose??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8DsozeRglA

Watch the above video over and over again till you understand what I'm trying to say. If you cant be bothered then atleast watch from 4:20 and watch it very carefully.

You have proven yourself to be a wahabbi agent who creates nothing but fitna in our community and create rifts for no reason. If you've got nothing good to say then why do you even bother posting here? You say that azadari is our sheh rag then what makes this chup tazia juloos any different from Ashura or Arbayeen juloose? I could go on even more but looks like iam just wasting my time with you. I wouldnt be surprised if you next say that we should stop ashura juloos and arbayeen juloos because it causes 'traffic jams'.

(salam)

Iol @ Wahabi Agent- you're a funny man dude.. you might want to read and learn first :) ... Anyway, will reply to your post once I have seen the video ..

AA

#13 diracdeltafunc

diracdeltafunc

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:20 PM

(salam)

Iol @ Wahabi Agent- you're a funny man dude.. you might want to read and learn first :) ... Anyway, will reply to your post once I have seen the video ..

AA

Likewise!

#14 A_Ali

A_Ali

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts
  • Religion:Shia Muslim
  • Interests:Learning about islam and history and educatiing the community, rants, tangents, yata yata yata

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:17 PM

hello brother, first of all i just want to say **** you wahabis for how you are desecrating the religious sites of are holy figures, i dare you touch imam ali's mosque, every shia muslim would go to iraq and make you guys regret you were ever born.
ok i just wanted to say a story which touched me about imam hassan askari as, while he was under house arrest, and he was one of the most inporant imam's beucase first of all he concealed his sons birth(story for another time) our mahdi. one day a soldier came to the imam and said i see how hungry youve become, mansur is truly a cruel man, please take these as a gift from the people of sammara, as they wish to help you, (as no one but someone with permission was allowed) the imam recived the gift and said to the man do you have a wife and children, he said "yes, i have kids and a loveing wife(i forget the names)" the imam said why are you working for mansur muslim? he replied "no place would give me any work to provide for my family and they are hungry but the army of mansur agreeded to pay me in exchange for my alligence" the imam returned the basket of fruits and said as a favor to me take these fruits (oranges i think)and give them to your children and you wife as Allah has given me enough.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users