Rate this topic

(salam) sisters (and brothers creeping in the sisters section!) :D

I just attended a lecture by brother Hasanain Rajabali at the mosque and that man never fails to amaze me! :D I seriously love his lecturing techniques. I wish I personally knew him... *sigh*

Anyways!

So my question is, do you girls (and guys, please feel free to answer) have a favorite lecturer and why?

Edited by 3laweyaZainabiya

salam,

other then the obvious sayed ammar and hajj hasanain

shiekh usama al attar

shiekh Hamid waqar (i love him!)

shiekh usama abdul 3ani ,

brother ali al najjar is also good mashallah for a young man his great him and ali najaf .....

theres also the new sheikh that i want to point out to everyone his from my community he was in america this year for muharamm i highly suggest you all check him out his name is sheikh nami farhat his on youtube...

i didnt understand any of that because i dont speak that language but i commented to tell you i just read what you have written for your religion " if its legal in iran its good enough for me." LOLLLL thats made me laugh hahahhahahaahaha

Well, most of you may not know him because he is an Urdu speaker, but my favorite :wub: speaker would be Sayed Ali Murtaza Zaidi.

I also like:

- Murtaza Alidina (if I remember the name correctly): almost like an English version of Sayed Ali Murtaza Zaidi for me;

- Sayed Mahdi al-Modarresi;

- Sayed Ammar Nakshwani;

- Amina Inloes: not really a lecturer as such like how, say, Sayed Modarresi, Hassanain Rajabali or Sayed Ankshwani may be but when it comes to knowledge, she as looooooads of it, especially considering the fact that our women tend to be very deprived in this regard;

- Maulana Sadiq Hasan: one of the oldies in Urdu speaking and an ABSOLUTE legend at that;

- Hassanain Rajabali of course and

- Sheikh Usama al-Attar.

NOTE: the names are not in order and I may have missed some; when I remember anymore, I will post them here. :D

i didnt understand any of that because i dont speak that language but i commented to tell you i just read what you have written for your religion " if its legal in iran its good enough for me." LOLLLL thats made me laugh hahahhahahaahaha

It works sister it works.

I just attended a lecture by brother Hasanain Rajabali at the mosque and that man never fails to amaze me! :D I seriously love his lecturing techniques. I wish I personally knew him... *sigh*

Anyways!

So my question is, do you girls (and guys, please feel free to answer) have a favorite lecturer and why?

I agree with you sis, Hassanain Rajabali NEVER fails to completely blow me away. Every. Single. Time.

Remember, you agreed to come to Camp Taha with me this year!! Don't bail :P

I remember when I was about 14 years old, I had heard him for the first time at our mosque. I wasn't religious at all then. He was just an average brother who came to speak at our mosque. He spoke about simplistic concepts. Things that make complete sense but things that I have never thought about on my own. That man literally changed my world in that one lecture of his. And I am forever grateful for that. May Allah continue to give us speakers like him and many many more!

Anyways!

Wsalaam sister, MashaAllah you are very very lucky to be able to go his lectures and be one of his obediences. I can't say enough how this man is amazing. the fist book i read about shia islam was a book suggested by him in one of his lectures b4 i actually converted to shia. i read that book and alhamdulilah i decided to do more research about shia islam and i ended up being a shia in just few months ALHAMDULILAH. the book was amazing. i sent him couple of questions on his face book and had little convo, his words made me feel so good and very confident. may Allah continue blessing him ya Rab.

my Top favarite lecturers now:

1. Sheikh Abdelhalim Al-ghazie, Ya Allah this man has the knowledge itself, he talks so deeply and is very eloquent. i leant so much from him. my favorite ziaret Al-jamia i heard it from him first time and he has an entire show on the tafser of the ziara on his channel plz you must watch him if you speak arabic. he is from Iraq originally lives in London. i couldnt go to his lectures cos women cant attend its only for men :(

2. is brother Hassanain Rajabali, i already spoke about him :)

3. Sheikh Yassir Al-habib... this man is very controversial but he is one of the best speakers we have this days. if you can disagree thats fine.

4. Zahra Al-alawi... i love this girl mashaAllah she is amazing. we are friends on face book and exchanged messages few times, she invited me to come on reverts world :blush: me on a tele :!!!:

lastly anyone who talks about the holy Ahlulbayt is close to my heart and has my duas. even tho we disagree with each other on certain Ulama, bottom line we should remember selmun leman salamakom wa harbun leman harabakoom inshallah.

i have actually never listen to a female speaker before i shall start for now ! ill look up those two sisters that were mentioned i seriously never new women speakers existed

there are quite few female speakers, Zakira Shayroze Dallah is also good. she is from Canada, came on Ahlulbayt tv in Muharram. if you watch Ahlulbayt tv english you wud see we have some female speakers.

I agree with you sis, Hassanain Rajabali NEVER fails to completely blow me away. Every. Single. Time.

I remember when I was about 14 years old, I had heard him for the first time at our mosque. I wasn't religious at all then. He was just an average brother who came to speak at our mosque. He spoke about simplistic concepts. Things that make complete sense but things that I have never thought about on my own. That man literally changed my world in that one lecture of his. And I am forever grateful for that. May Allah continue to give us speakers like him and many many more!

Insha'Allah! I wanna go so bad lol maybe I should get Hasanain to talk to my dad :D haha

He is an amazing speaker, and Knows how to balance everything. I can't stand it when speakers are completely morbid and serious, I like how Hasanain cracks a joke every once in a while. He has a daughter! I wanna see her and his wife >.<

salam,

other then the obvious sayed ammar and hajj hasanain

shiekh usama al attar

shiekh Hamid waqar (i love him!)

shiekh usama abdul 3ani ,

brother ali al najjar is also good mashallah for a young man his great him and ali najaf .....

theres also the new sheikh that i want to point out to everyone his from my community he was in america this year for muharamm i highly suggest you all check him out his name is sheikh nami farhat his on youtube...

Sheikh Nami was here during Muharram and I didn't like his lecturing style at all... I have no idea why.

For female speakers, Sister Najah Bazzy is really good.

Eh... Shes another person I didn't click with...

I don't remember what it was but I'd probably remember as soon as I see another one of her lectures.

i have actually never listen to a female speaker before i shall start for now ! ill look up those two sisters that were mentioned i seriously never new women speakers existed

There are! I know Noor Almosewy and she's pretty good! She gives lectures every once in a while. But hey if you find a really good lecturess tell me about her lol

Well, most of you may not know him because he is an Urdu speaker, but my favorite :wub: speaker would be Sayed Ali Murtaza Zaidi.

I also like:

- Murtaza Alidina (if I remember the name correctly): almost like an English version of Sayed Ali Murtaza Zaidi for me;

- Sayed Mahdi al-Modarresi;

- Sayed Ammar Nakshwani;

- Amina Inloes: not really a lecturer as such like how, say, Sayed Modarresi, Hassanain Rajabali or Sayed Ankshwani may be but when it comes to knowledge, she as looooooads of it, especially considering the fact that our women tend to be very deprived in this regard;

- Maulana Sadiq Hasan: one of the oldies in Urdu speaking and an ABSOLUTE legend at that;

- Hassanain Rajabali of course and

- Sheikh Usama al-Attar.

NOTE: the names are not in order and I may have missed some; when I remember anymore, I will post them here. :D

Good list! I know and like most of them.

Oh you guys! Before the lecture a young man went up and recited a beautiful poem... I was wondering if he was one of the awesome people of SC :D lol

nope who is he is he any good? or is she a she lol

she, yes, very simple nice lectures, sure to give the audience a strong desire to change. But more importantly, when she narrates the tragedy of karbala, she really sticks to a realistic story, more so than anyone else I have listened to, and because of that, it adds more emmotion to the whole thing.

I'm not really sure where to find her lectures online, I don't think she is famous enough to be on youtube,

here are some

http://www.hujjat.or...lbanin%20Merali

this seems to be for younger people

http://ramadhan.shia...ummulbanin.html

Edited by Ali_Hussain

Oh! How could I forget Sheikh Muhammed al-Hilli! :mad: He is BRILLIANT! :D I love his way of talking - soft and informative. SD, Thank you for reminding me! :D

I also have Sheikh Nami Farhat on Facebook but I have never seen any of his lectures so can't comment.

Sayed Jawad al Qazwini (SD, thank you for reminding me again) is also very good and, considering his age, he is an ace! :D

Let me name some people who are not really speakers or Ulama - like Sayed Modarresi, Sayed Nakshwani or the Qazwinis among others - as such but I still like them a lot:

- Abdul Rauf Shokoya: my sister likes the way he makes facial expressions :P ;

- Sajad Jiyad;

- Brother Murtaza KG;

- Zahra al-Alawi: quite knowledgeable for her age and also very confident;

There are others which, when I remember, I will post later, just like the speakers I which I posted in the first part but had forgotten them before.

I could give some more Urdu lecturers who I find inspiring but, considering the fact that most of you don't know Urdu, I will just leave them. :(

I really liked :wub: the little bit of his debate "Does God not exist" that I watched.