- - -

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Doha Poll: 55% Of Syrians Want Assad To Stay!

88 replies to this topic

#1 shiasoldier786

shiasoldier786

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,808 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:03 PM

Ouccccccccch, this will break Justice4none's heart into tiny pieces!

A poll done by the Doha debates [a Qatari foundation which has constantly undermined the Syrian govt- thus hardly a pro Assad institute], shows in its latest poll that 55% of Syrians want Assad to stay in power.

According to the latest opinion poll commissioned by The Doha Debates, Syrians are more supportive of their president with 55% not wanting him to resign.

http://www.thedohade...dex.asp?n=14312

Posted Image

^ Justice4none now

Posted Image

^ Satyaban now

Edited by shiasoldier786, 03 January 2012 - 03:09 PM.

• Praetorius likes this

#2 Aarash_Australia

Aarash_Australia

• Unregistered
  • PipPip
  • 616 posts
  • Religion:al-Islam

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:06 PM

brilliant! :)

#3 Lanatin

Lanatin

ÇäøÇ ááøå æÇäøÇ Çáíå ÑÇÌÚæä

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • Religion:Islam
  • Interests:Organic chemistry, mysticism, asceticism

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:41 PM

This is just becoming too unbearable.

#4 Haji 2003

Haji 2003

Shoekeeper

• Mods
  • 6,813 posts
  • Interests:Apple, Canon, Rohan, Singapore Airlines, LSE

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:43 PM

A poll done by the Doha debates [a Qatari foundation which has constantly undermined the Syrian govt- thus hardly a pro Assad institute],

You can say that again.

The report says:

Although the majority of Arabs believe Syria’s President Basher al-Assad should resign in the wake of the regime’s brutal treatment of protesters, fewer Syrians are supportive of an immediate leadership change.

You almost have to read it twice to realise the pro-Assad nature of the result.

#5 alimohamad40

alimohamad40

• Banned
  • 3,333 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:46 PM

is the poll taken on those people that attend the debate only???

or is it a poll of the Syrians ?

has world public opinion or democracy now done a poll as well?

they did polls on the 2009 Iran elections which showed ahmadinejad winning by similar percentage that he actually got.

but is this poll average syrians? how big is the sample ?
is it representative?

if its just a poll on those attendants of the debate then its meaningless

#6 shiasoldier786

shiasoldier786

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,808 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:58 PM

It talks about the poll being conducted in the 'Arab world' between Dec 14th to Dec 19th, with 1000 participants, so its not a poll of those who only attended the debate.

Edited by shiasoldier786, 03 January 2012 - 04:58 PM.

#7 Noah-

Noah-

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,638 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:47 PM

if its just a poll on those attendants of the debate then its meaningless

Yes, everything is meaningless for you unless it favors Western domination or Takfiri puppets. It must be a Zionists' source or their products like Al-Arabiya or Al-Jazeera to receive approvals.

#8 Wahhabism4All

Wahhabism4All

Online Wahhabi Propaganda

• Banned
  • 844 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:29 AM

ShiaSoldier786 (refuses to be called MuslimSoldier786)...and he really isn't a soldier, just a nerd sitting with his laptop in the West.

Haha, a poll of 1000 people? That's all you have got? What countries were these Syrians in that were sampled?

You also failed to mention the main reason for those sampled for supporting the regime - fear - they still hate the regime.

By the way, thanks for supporting the Syrian cause by posting this article titled "Arabs want Syria's President Assad to go - opinion poll", with up to 91% of Arabs supporting the downfall of the regime.

Meanwhile, the Iranian regime and Hezbollah continue to support the slaughter of Syrian Muslims.

#9 Hussien

Hussien

neti-neti

• Banned
  • 894 posts
  • Interests:shunya

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:54 AM

Meanwhile, the Iranian regime and Hezbollah continue to support the slaughter of Syrian Muslims.

You wrote the exact same thing in your other post. In the interest of efficiency, you should put it in your signature and answering machine. Then you'd have some time to think before punching your keyboard.

#10 Wahhabism4All

Wahhabism4All

• Banned
  • 844 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:14 AM

You wrote the exact same thing in your other post. In the interest of efficiency, you should put it in your signature and answering machine. Then you'd have some time to think before punching your keyboard.

Actually, read it again. It was not the exact same thing.

I wouldn't have to say this if Ali Khameini and Hassan Nasrallah publicly denounce the Syrian regime, rather than discredit the thousands of civilian martyrs as being part of some Zionist conspiracy. Who would have thought an Islamic Republic and Islamic Resistance would be allied with secular Baathists?

#11 Guest_Mushu_*

Guest_Mushu_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:20 AM

Actually, read it again. It was not the exact same thing.

I wouldn't have to say this if Ali Khameini and Hassan Nasrallah publicly denounce the Syrian regime, rather than discredit the thousands of civilian martyrs as being part of some Zionist conspiracy. Who would have thought an Islamic Republic and Islamic Resistance would be allied with secular Baathists?

• Kamranistan likes this

#12 Wahhabism4All

Wahhabism4All

• Banned
  • 844 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:54 AM

Mushu, you should have researched before posting a Mufti Hassoun video. This fraud Hassoun, part of the Syrian regime's establishment, has made blasphemous statements against the Prophet(saw) in 2010. Are you sure you want to post his videos?

On Tuesday January 19, 2010, the Mufti of Syria made some very troubling remarks about the Prophet of Islam in front of an American delegation lead by the Orthodox Rabbi Marc Gopin. The Mufti's remarks, which were published in the Jerusalem Post and aired on Israeli Army Radio, included: “If the Prophet Muhammad had asked me to deem Christians or Jews heretics, I would have deemed Muhammad himself a heretic...If Muhammad had commanded us to kill people, I would have told him he was not a Prophet...”
http://www.facebook....#38;topic=12744

Hassoun does not represent the Syrian Muslims. He has already been denounced by other Syrian Shaykhs like al-Yacoubi. Infact, al-Yacoubi was sacked as Imam because he denounced the Mufti's blasphemy: This is the Syrian regime that you want to support?

Shaykh Al-Yaqoubi said: "Hassoun does not represent the Syrian Clerics nor does he have a mandate from the Syrian people." He added, "the Mufti has no right to threaten anyone on behalf of the Syrian people. These outrageous threats are an indication of his disrespect of the millions of Muslims living in Europe and the USA. We strongly denounce these empty threats which would only distort the image of Islam and Muslims around the world. They would only lead to more paranoia of Islam and discrimination against Muslims. It is strange that he issues such threats to support the regime, while he was silent against Israel, even when Syria was attacked by Israeli warplanes. Instead, the Mufti sent a curse against Palestinian martyrs and condemned them, when he spoke at the
European Parliament."

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mx6rit94Kk

Edited by Justice4all, 04 January 2012 - 05:10 AM.

#13 alimohamad40

alimohamad40

• Banned
  • 3,333 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:40 AM

Mushu, you should have researched before posting a Mufti Hassoun video. This fraud Hassoun, part of the Syrian regime's establishment, has made blasphemous statements against the Prophet(saw) in 2010. Are you sure you want to post his videos?

On Tuesday January 19, 2010, the Mufti of Syria made some very troubling remarks about the Prophet of Islam in front of an American delegation lead by the Orthodox Rabbi Marc Gopin. The Mufti's remarks, which were published in the Jerusalem Post and aired on Israeli Army Radio, included: “If the Prophet Muhammad had asked me to deem Christians or Jews heretics, I would have deemed Muhammad himself a heretic...If Muhammad had commanded us to kill people, I would have told him he was not a Prophet...”

Hassoun does not represent the Syrian Muslims. He has already been denounced by other Syrian Shaykhs like al-Yacoubi. Infact, al-Yacoubi was sacked as Imam because he denounced the Mufti's blasphemy: This is the Syrian regime that you want to support?

Shaykh Al-Yaqoubi said: "Hassoun does not represent the Syrian Clerics nor does he have a mandate from the Syrian people." He added, "the Mufti has no right to threaten anyone on behalf of the Syrian people. These outrageous threats are an indication of his disrespect of the millions of Muslims living in Europe and the USA. We strongly denounce these empty threats which would only distort the image of Islam and Muslims around the world. They would only lead to more paranoia of Islam and discrimination against Muslims. It is strange that he issues such threats to support the regime, while he was silent against Israel, even when Syria was attacked by Israeli warplanes. Instead, the Mufti sent a curse against Palestinian martyrs and condemned them, when he spoke at the
European Parliament."

where is the blasphemy in the first statement ?
of course if the prophet Mohamad denounced Jesus we had to denounce him. if Jesus denounced muses people had to denounce him... this is mentioned in the quraan that no human has the right to denounce the previous prophets....

its similar to the say of the prophet: if Fatima stole i would cut her hand

it doesn't mean fatima will steal, likewise this doesnt mean prophet mohamad will denounce Jesus but this is a hypothetical assumption to prove that Islam and Christianity and Judaism are in reality one religion in essence

while i maintain the condemnation of crimes against civilian protesters the remarks of Burhan ghaleeon really killed any credibility that the opposition council had.
did you hear what burhan ghalyoon said? he promised to choke the resistance as the first priority after the fall of the asad... he said he will cut ties with iran and hamas and hizbullah but he wasn't daring enough to say that he will open a zionist embassy

OP

so the sample is from the arab world ? so how does that represent syrians? We want some poll of the syrians
most importantly Damascus, allepo and hums I mean the biggest cities where the majority of the people are,,

Nooh
stop being fanatic man ,,, when you support a group you dont go blind , i have supported the IR for years
anti shah
anti USA
Iraq war
Nuclear issue
Embargo
even when Iraqis are complaining why IR helped the rebels in iraq i think they are not justified because iran and syria have all the right to hit the invaders when they are in their own backyards and could potentially attack them at anytime.
But I am not gonna be blind and even if IR committed blasphemy or hypocrisy i just justify anything and everything there are some things called Islamic principals which come before everything..

you gona go on about the USA and GULF and Saudi hypocrisy,,, I couldn't agree more but the hypocrisy of others does not justify our own.

as much as i wanted the arab spring to start in the gulf but it didnt because the arab spring is a hunger movement its not really a pure principals movement...
I mean our wish is the arab spring is a revolt against the world injustice towards islam and Palestine but its not
if it was for palestine and Islam they would have said : okay syria is a dictatorship but so are the other 21 countries but syria has no zionist embassy so lets leave it last and start with the zionist slaves first.

But people didnt and they rose up in syria and america and the zionists started fueling it more but this doesnt make the peoples demands illegitimate, their demands are legitimate and we have no choice but to support their legitimate demands and condemns anyone who kills them for demanding their right as the prophet said
Whoever was killed while asking for his right is a martyr.
ãä ãÇÊ Ïæä ÍÞå Ýåæ ÔåíÏ

Edited by alimohamad40, 04 January 2012 - 07:59 AM.

• south-lebanon and Ali_Hussain like this

#14 Psychopath

Psychopath

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 739 posts
  • Interests:Not people.

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:44 AM

Approx. 1000 people questioned. Yes, certainly representative of the entire nation. :!!!:

Edited by Psychopath, 04 January 2012 - 07:45 AM.

• Marbles, forte and Professor Higgins like this

#15 Kamranistan

Kamranistan

Our words are immortal

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts
  • Religion:Trying to be Shi'a

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:25 AM

European Parliament."

The Mufti gets propagated against because he speaks the truth..

#16 Guest_EndlessEndeavor_*

Guest_EndlessEndeavor_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:24 PM

This poll is not really that credible considering its ridiculously small number of participants.

Why are we as Shia completely neglecting the fact that innocent people are also being killed by this Baathi Government?
  • forte likes this

#17 Noah-

Noah-

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,638 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:08 PM

Mushu, you should have researched before posting a Mufti Hassoun video. This fraud Hassoun,

lol So he is a fraud because he is not a puppet of Zionists like other Sunni Muftis? Or he is not asking Sunni females 'not to touch bananas' and only drink carrots juice? :D
  • south-lebanon likes this

#18 comrade

comrade

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,079 posts
  • Religion:Islam

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:13 PM

ShiaSoldier786 (refuses to be called MuslimSoldier786)...and he really isn't a soldier, just a nerd sitting with his laptop in the West.

LOL. Desparate, much?

#19 macisaac

macisaac

واقفي

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,701 posts
  • Religion:الإسلام
  • Interests:Loving my Queen

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:23 PM

55%? Pheh, you think that's impressive? Look at what another Ba`athist got in 2002:

Saddam 'wins 100% of vote'

Iraqi officials say President Saddam Hussein has won 100% backing in a referendum on whether he should rule for another seven years.

There were 11,445,638 eligible voters - and every one of them voted for the president, according to Izzat Ibrahim, Vice-Chairman of Iraq's Revolutionary Command Council.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/2331951.stm

#20 Noah-

Noah-

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,638 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:29 PM

55%? Pheh, you think that's impressive? Look at what another Ba`athist got in 2002:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/2331951.stm

The poll was conducted in Doha, not Syria. So, your comparison and statement is invalid!

Lets see who is going to vote for Takfiri Terrorist Groups in Homs? Except you, alimohammad40 and justiceforall!

3 votes out of 23 million Syrians? Oh wait you 3 are not even Syrians :- D

#21 Ya Aba 3abdillah

Ya Aba 3abdillah

Destination - Jerusalem

• Admins
  • 12,423 posts
  • Religion:Islam Shia Usooli
  • Interests:Nahjul Balagha
    www.al-islam.org

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:35 PM

The poll was conducted in Doha, not Syria. So, your comparison and statement is invalid!

Not to mention it's a member of the Qatar Foundation (a very wealthy government sponsored foundation (though it's an 'ngo', that even sponsors teams like Barcelona and chaired by the princes own wife i believe), and Qatar has been playing *the* leading role in trying to topple Assad.

'Most' of the common folk in the M.E. aren't that stupid, they know the dirty games their leaders like the Qatar Amir are playing.
  • Haji 2003, Noah- and south-lebanon like this

#22 shiasoldier786

shiasoldier786

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,808 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:12 PM

Heres another slap in the face of those wanting regime change in Syria.

Remember, a couple weeks back, the west was moaning about Syria not allowing Arab league observers into the county. Now that the observers are there, and are pretty much saying that things are mostly normal, the western media is going crazy about how biased these observers (appointed by the Arab league) are towards Syria!

http://www.thestar.c...ervers-in-syria

Now even the Qatari PM is saying how 'inexperienced' these observers are.

http://www.businessw...e-mistakes.html

LOL @ the desperation

Edited by shiasoldier786, 04 January 2012 - 06:36 PM.

#23 shiasoldier786

shiasoldier786

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,808 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:29 PM

This poll is not really that credible considering its ridiculously small number of participants.

Cummon, I hope you know that a poll of 1000 people would have a margin of error of just 3%.
  • south-lebanon and Light of Ali like this

#24 Guest_EndlessEndeavor_*

Guest_EndlessEndeavor_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:37 PM

Cummon, I hope you know that a poll of 1000 people would have a margin of error of just 3%.

Lol I really really hope you are not being serious.
  • forte likes this

#25 ShiaBen

ShiaBen

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,431 posts
  • Religion:The Path of the Dragon
  • Interests:Dragons

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:39 PM

I just saw that on Al Jazeera today lol. Some protesters and Arab leaders are demanding MORE observers LOL (3000 additional) to make sure they're results are "valid".

Haha, a poll of 1000 people? That's all you have got? What countries were these Syrians in that were sampled?

You also failed to mention the main reason for those sampled for supporting the regime - fear - they still hate the regime.

By the way, thanks for supporting the Syrian cause by posting this article titled "Arabs want Syria's President Assad to go - opinion poll", with up to 91% of Arabs supporting the downfall of the regime.

So they have fear, even though they're in Qatar >_>.

Can you listen to yourself before you speak?

Stop saying hearsay and use facts to back your claims.
  • south-lebanon likes this

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users