Sign in to follow this  
Ruq

Detox =(

I was doing so well before christmas >.< i'd cut out refined sugar, was balancing my meals so well, getting more than the recommended of fruit and veg, plenty of water and oily fish, then...

Christman happened

...and now i feel 5 stone heavier, groggy, no energy and just...ugh.

So, as soon as all the christmas pud (yes im of of those weirdies who likes christmas pud), Thorntons continental collection, Tyrells crisps and Shloer has gone im detoxing!

Apart from not drinking too much water and putting myself in a coma, has anyone any tips?

take all junk from your kitchen.....if someone else in your home doesn't want you to throw the junk out hide it from yourself......keep prepared fruits and vegetables ready to eat so you will grab for those first if you decide to do mindless eating, always keep things like hummous made to eat with things like carrot and celery sticks, water water water like you said, drink unsweetened tea and coffee after meals, keep bananas available because they are great for curing a sweet tooth, eat fish for lunch as many days as you can (protein will make you satisfied), try yogurt and fruit for breakfast and don't skip breakfast, keep lemon, lime, and orange wedges to put in your water so it won't be so boring......and turn food advertisements right away when watching television.

=) this sound svery much like my eating routine before christmas happened. What do you think about these detox's where you make a prepared drink and only drink that for a few days or so? i knew couple of people who tried this years ago with a lemon drink, and after the 1st 2 days they said they felt amazing, but im not sure how damaging that might be...it would also be incredibly difficult to go from binge mode to just fluids...if i could do it its very tempting though, just to get rid of this gross feeling.

(salam)

If by Detox you mean diet then in my opinion the best thing to do is

Eat Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.

No snacks at all except for fruits.

Breakfast eat something like eggs (boiled) with some vegetables, and orange juice.

Lunch eat something like fish, with bread, also vegetables and some orange juice. Or eat soup.

Dinner eat a small sandwich, brown bread with cheese and tomatoes, or tuna with cucumber, or prawns (with a healthy substitute for mayo)

If by detox you didnt mean diet then sorry :wacko:

(wasalam)

Yeah I have heard of people who make a big pot of vegetable soup and eat only that for a few days with lots of water and juice. But I think you need some protein in there so at least add some lentils or something to it.

They do a lot of weird stuff under the name of "detox". Although I am sure it would be against site rules to describe them. Anyway, you can just halve (the amount of) your usual breakfasts, lunches and dinners. I have found that to be very effective for me.

thanks for all your advice peeps. I decided not to go the extreme route and im basically going back to my pre-Christmas diet but with more water, less fat, deffo less sugar, including fruit sugars atm and eating slightly more raw food =)

I don't believe in the juice diet. You'll probably get high on fruit sugar.

Have you tried the water diet? I did for half a day and gave up. It's tough and challenging. I think the key is to eat nutritious meals in small portions

there are allot of very good detox teas and herbs that naturally detoxify your body internally. some can be added to the diet like dandelions, licorice root.... Yogi tea sells a detox tea.

Edited by Zahraflower

@Bakir  So hows your sugar detox going? i did quite well today =) the only sweet things i had were a few dried cranberries, a few sips of liquorice tea and a sweet potato.

Sweet as in processed sugar, nothing! As for sweety foods, some apples xD! A green one and a red one :P.

I am eating a lot though, high-protein based diet with some exercise (/me wants to get bigger, it's about time lol!)