Christianlady

Explaining The Bible, By A Christian Lady

Rate this topic

Muslims believe the Quran is the word of God. That does not necessarily means it is true. I am very convinced it is not. Just see how different Muslims interpret the book. Shias, Sunnies, IS, Alawit, Boko Haram and many more. The Bible also is interpreted in various ways. This is also because it is written by men. God never wrote a Book himself for us. For some reason he let mankind do that. Also the interpretation of his will.

Hi Pwwnd 123,

Quote from Saturday 9;00:

Believe it or not, the Bible is a book that was corrupted by men. People like Paul actually distorted the Bible, created the false teachings that you guys follow. Jesus never taught trinity, he taught monotheism which is what Jesus and all the other prophets taught. You Christians claim to follow Jesus, but instead you follow Paul's lies and distortions that he made in the name of Jesus which is trinity. Trinity was not Jesus's idea, it was Paul's idea.

Response: --- Do you know that the word 'trinity' is not in the New Testament, and the doctrine of trinity is not Scriptural. --- It didn't come into being till about 325 AD, --- that was quite a while after Paul and all of the Apostles were long gone.

--- Nevertheless, because you credit it to Paul, I wonder, can you give the verses that you are referring to?

And secondly, can you give some verses that Paul taught to the Gentile Churches, that are not in harmony with what Jesus taught?

Hi Pwwnd 123,

I have been looking for your response on the Apostle Paul. --- In your studying, I wonder, did you read Paul's letters to the Churches which were instruction for how to live together and worship God?

--- Did you object to the kind of teaching in the Book of Romans which is what Jesus taught?

Matthew 5:17 "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill."

Jesus was asked by the Pharisees who were the supposed 'keepers of the law' in Matthew 22:

34 But when the Pharisees heard that He had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered together.

35 Then one of them, a lawyer, asked Him a question, testing Him, and saying,

36 "Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?"

37 Jesus said to him, "‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’

40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets."

And Paul taught this in Romans 13:

8 Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.

9 For the commandments, "You shall not commit adultery," "You shall not murder," "You shall not steal," "You shall not bear false witness," "You shall not covet," and if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."

10 Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

--- So Paul taught the same to the Gentiles that Jesus taught to the Jews, did he not?

I will wait for your response because you must have some Scripture verses to back up what you say.

On 1/12/2012 at 9:38 PM, Ibrahim Rasheed said:

Of God's Miracles Adam AS and Hawwa AS (EVE), was way ahead (in terms of " miraculousness") than Jesus Christ (pbuh). We will talk about that later when we can define whether there is any Proof in the Bible except the dreamed up revelation from John or Paul (both say they wrote the dreams they had), THAT THE NT. Jesus is any sort of Word of god.

Salam Ibrahim Rasheed,

Long time no see!!!

Are you back to discuss? Why do you no longer post on Shiachat? I assume you are very busy. Can you this week or later on? (I can't this weekend or during Passover, but if God wills, maybe later I can.)

I already know though that you won't accept my answers. :)

However, that's fine; my purpose is not to persuade you, but rather my purpose is to explain what I believe and why. 

Thank you for always politely disagreeing and making discussions very interesting and thought-provoking!

I am so happy to see your message today and I thank God that you and your loved ones are well!!! :)

Peace and God bless you

Edited by Christianlady