Christianlady

Explaining The Bible, By A Christian Lady

Rate this topic

God tempts. Gen.22:1.
Satan tempts. 1 Cor.7:5.
God allows temptation. Job 1:8-12; Job 2:3-7.
God tempts no one. Jms.1:13.
Everything happens by chance. Ecc.9:11,12.

I boldened some in the verses below.

And it came to pass after these things, that G-d did prove Abraham, and said unto him: 'Abraham'; and he said: 'Here am I.' - Genesis 22:1

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Bible/Genesis22.html

God tested Abraham. Testing is not tempting. Testing is God commanding something and the person obeying (passing the test/proving) or disobeying (not passing the test/failing).

Yes, Satan tempts people (1 Cor. 7:5) and yes God allows people to be tempted (Job 1:8-12; Job 2:3-7). None of these contradict each other.

God not tempting anyone (James 1:13) does not contradict that God tests people and that God allows people to be tempted.

Ecclesiastes 9:11-12 is poetic expression.

Peace and God bless you

Wonderful job Christianlady,

It's unfortunate that these lists were made by those trying to prove "contradiction" and not by people seeking truth. 

This is one of the biggest wha whaas against Paul and it's all so simple.

Saul/Paul, for example, was circumcised according to the law of Moses but didn’t accept Jesus as the Christ until Jesus Christ appeared to him and changed (“circumcised”) his heart. This fulfills Deuteronomy 30:6:

Consider this...

A man gets up in the morning and takes a shot of whiskey to open his eyes. Gets to work and spends his day intimidating people into paying their debts with inflated interest rates. Heads home, but stops first at a bar, sees a lady and takes her home for the night. Next day is about the same, but with a different lady.

Is he going to Heaven? 

Most say no way.

But as a child he was curcumcized...Now is he going to Heaven? 

Most would still say no.

That's all Paul was saying...circumcision on it's own is worthless if you are not going to follow the rules.

Paul brought it to James the just to make a ruling because he was tired of recruiting people and watching the Jews insist that Gentiles had to become Jews before they could be Christians. James and his council decided the rules for Gentiles, not Paul.

3 hours ago, Son of Placid said:

Wonderful job Christianlady,

Salam and thanks so much for the encouragement, Son of Placid :)

Other people will not think that I'm doing a "wonderful job" which is fine. I'm not answering these alleged contradictions for compliments but rather because God has given me an interest in studying these issues.

It's unfortunate that these lists were made by those trying to prove "contradiction" and not by people seeking truth

Well, I understand why people are trying to prove contradictions. To me, lists of alleged contradictions in the Bible are not a bad thing. I think it's good for people who believe the Bible is true to consider alleged contradictions and explain them if possible. I totally understand why alleged contradictions in any holy book is a concern.

In the same way, I appreciate it when my Muslim friends explain alleged contradictions in the Qur'an instead of just denying them and not addressing them, like how my Muslim friends in person and later Muslim members on Shiachat explained the context of Sura 5:51 for me, even though not every Muslim agrees.

This is one of the biggest wha whaas against Paul and it's all so simple.

True.

Consider this...

A man gets up in the morning and takes a shot of whiskey to open his eyes. Gets to work and spends his day intimidating people into paying their debts with inflated interest rates. Heads home, but stops first at a bar, sees a lady and takes her home for the night. Next day is about the same, but with a different lady.

Is he going to Heaven? 

Most say no way.

But as a child he was curcumcized...Now is he going to Heaven? 

Most would still say no.

Yeah, circumcision is not a magical act that automatically carries circumcised males to Heaven lol. :)

That's all Paul was saying...circumcision on it's own is worthless if you are not going to follow the rules.

Amen!!! Very clearly stated, thanks for bringing this important point up in a much clearer way than I did!

Paul brought it to James the just to make a ruling because he was tired of recruiting people and watching the Jews insist that Gentiles had to become Jews before they could be Christians. James and his council decided the rules for Gentiles, not Paul.

True, and I believe God's Holy Spirit gave wisdom to James and the council (including Peter) to help people understand that Gentiles do not need to become Jews to follow Jesus Christ! That's so important.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts+15&version=NIV

Peace and God bless you, and thanks again for clarifying this.

Edited by Christianlady

Hi Haydar Husayn,

Quote from Page 2:

(Jebreil had said):: There's no difference. This is in fact certainly a Trinitarian doctrine: The Father loved the Son and this love was the Holy Spirit, and this dynamic created the world.

(In response to Jebreil you said): Sorry, I misread what you initially wrote. For some reason I thought you were saying the Father created Jesus. I must have hallucinated.

Nevertheless, in terms of Trinitarian doctrine, although the Father could be said to create the world, he did it through the Son. To say he created it for Jesus, which makes it sound as if there was no participation of the Son in creation, is therefore a little misleading.

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. (John 1:1-3, NIV)

Response: --- In going back to read this over I see some strange statements and realize how you are trying to make things fit together, but they go farther away.

I believe both you and Jebreil, are keen learners, but I would like to start over from the verse that causes the confusion.

John1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

3 All thing were made through Him --- "The Word." --- The Word was the Divine Son of God. (Which I will explain later), --- but Jesus was the earthly Son who was human.

--- Where would you get the idea that God created the world for Jesus? 

--- The Trinitarians say that the Word was Jesus, so therefore they concluded that Jesus was there in the beginning with God, and all things were made through Him, Jesus.

No, The Word was not Jesus. The Word (Logos, the creative power of God) was with God from the beginning.

Jesus only came into being as the begotten son of Mary. He would have Mary’s DNA, would He not? And from the time of His birth the calendar was restarted, because of the importance of His place in History.

(You said to Jebreil), “.For some reason I thought you were saying the Father created Jesus. I must have hallucinated”

My question to you: --- Have you not read in the Quran where it says? --- God said “Be’ and it is --- Surah 3:

47. She said: "O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man hath touched me?" He said: "Even so: God createth what He willeth: When He hath decreed a plan, He but saith to it, 'Be,' and it is!

I wonder about you guys, when you have questions about Jesus why you don’t look in the Quran first, and see what it says. --- So when God says, “Be” and it is, --- is that not written plainly enough?

Yes, we could say that God created Jesus, but it was in a particular way. That is why Jesus was called a Unique’ son, --- one of a kind. --- He had no human father, --- but Jesus was human and not divine because it says in Hebrews 2:

9 “But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone.”

However I sometimes explain things in too much detail and it maybe is not understood, so I will continue with this, --- and will try to pry you away from the Trinity doctrine, which adds the confusion.

Hi Haydar Husayn,

I said, ‘The Word was the Divine Son of God.' (Which I will explain later), --- but Jesus was the earthly Son, who was human. 'This will explains the difference between the Word and Jesus.'

I had mentioned this before but a  lot of things are not believed from the first reading, or hearing. --- I won’t take time to write in all the details, but you can ask questions.

In the previous creation in the heavenlies, God created an order of angels called Cherubim. --- They were Holy Angels but had freedom of choice, like Adam later had. --- These angels were also called ‘sons of God,' and 'bright morning stars.' --- The names are given in Job, the oldest Book in the OT.

God said to Job in Job 38:

7 “(Where were you Job), When the morning stars sang together, And all the sons of God shouted for joy?”

There are other references to the sons of God in Job 1:

6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, --- (It seemed that they came to report to God on their responsibilities.)

So we will check into the particular ‘son of God’ who became the leader of this order of angels. --- He had risen to the top position, and he was called “Star of the morning [light-bringer], son of the dawn!” --- And his position was the anointed Cherub, the leader of the Cherubim angels, or the position of ‘the Lucifer.’ --- Originally a symbol of light, it is still related to ‘the Morning Star.’ --- It says in Ezekiel 28:

11 "You were the seal of perfection, Full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.

14 You were the anointed cherub who covers; I established you;

15 You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created, Till iniquity was found in you."

This seemed to indicate where 'sin' began. --- “You were perfect in all your ways, UNTIL INIQUITY WAS ‘FOUND’ IN YOU.”

16 "And you sinned; Therefore I cast you as a profane thing Out of the mountain of God;
And I destroyed you, O covering cherub, From the midst of the fiery stones."

--- So, what was the great 'sin' that got the first Lucifer cast out of heaven?

The answer is given in Isaiah 14:

12 “How you are fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!

13 For you have said in your heart: ‘I will ascend into heaven,
I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will also sit on the mount of the congregation On the farthest sides of the north;
I will ascend above the heights of the clouds, I will be like the Most High.’
15 Yet you shall be brought down to Sheol, To the lowest depths of the Pit.

Enough for now.

To continue from above:

So the Lucifer was lifted up with pride and exaltation and rebelled against God, therefore he was cast out of the position of leader, and with him was cast out all the ones that were following him in rebellion. --- And it describes him later in the Book of Revelation in this way in Revelation 12:

3 “A great, fiery red dragon

His tail drew a third of the stars of heaven and threw them to the earth.

8 --- nor was a place found for them in heaven any longer.

So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

The first sin in the universe was ‘pride,’ and the second was ‘self exaltation.’ ---He exalted himself saying, “I will be like the Most High.” --- He wanted to have his own kingdom along side of God.

God said, “You were perfect in all your ways until iniquity was found in you.” --- So the Lucifer or ‘president’ became Satan the ‘adversary.’

--- So he had entices a third of that order of angels to follow him and they were all cast out of heaven and eventually they were cast down to the earth. --- This meant that the two thirds left were holy angels and true to the Lord, by their choice.

Since the first leader (the anointed Cherub) was cast out, it was now God’s opportunity to choose a new worthy Leader or ‘Lightbringer’ from this order of angels, called ‘the Sons of God,’ and the choice seemed to be made from among the most qualified or most blessed of them all, --- So the new ‘anointed Cherub’ and Leader was the Word, Logos, as the heavenly Son of God through whom God created this inhabitable world.

So the two sides were identified from that time, Satan was the outcast, so his nature was evil. --- The Word, Logos, became the creative power of God so that God, through the Word, created the heavens and the earth and eventually all things in them.  

So John relates in John 1:1 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God.”

(I know, you get all excited when there’s any mention of God, that doesn’t suit your thinking.)

--- However, the Word came to the earth to represent God, --- as in the Burning Bush when the Voice said to Moses, “I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.”

This was one of the appearances of the Word, but the Word is a Spiritual Being so has to have a vessel though which to speak to men, as He did to Moses.

I want to show you where the Word was called both the Son and God, --- in Hebrews 1:

8 But to the Son He says:

“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
A scepter of righteousness is
the scepter of Your kingdom.
You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.”

Notice something else, --- This Son was chosen from among his companions.

This can’t relate to Jesus, the Son of Mary, because He was not chosen from among others, was He? --- So the heavenly Son of God was the Word Logos.

And it goes on to say:

10 And “You, Lord, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth,
And the heavens are the work of Your hands.”

(There is a lot to think about in these verses, so enough for now.)

Hi Haydar Husayn,

To continue with the study of angels, --- This might be all new to you, but this is written a few times in the Quran, ‘the belief in angels,’ but it is quite plain in the early teaching given to Muhammad in Madinah, in  Surah 2:

177 It is not righteousness that ye turn your faces to the East and the West; but righteous is he who believeth in Allah and the Last Day and THE ANGELS and the Scripture and the prophets; and giveth wealth, for love of Him (God), to kinsfolk and to orphans and the needy and the wayfarer and to those who ask, and to set slaves free; and observeth proper worship and payeth the poor-due. And those who keep their treaty when they make one, and the patient in tribulation and adversity and time of stress. Such are they who are sincere. Such are the God-fearing.

This is a good testimony of what Christians believe, but I capitalized angels, because we believe in angels as well, and I have studied the angels mentioned in Scripture.

--- I dare say that many Christians have not understood angels and the involvement in the world, --- but they have heard of the trinity, and though they admit it can’t be explained, they keep promoting it, which keeps the division between the Christians and Muslims, and others, going. --- They believe they are defending the Scriptures, but since the doctrine is faulty, and is not Scriptural, --- should they keep defending it?

--- This is what happens with Church traditions, they take the place of individual Faith and so people believe that the Church and its doctrines are what you should believe in, so they leave out individual Faith in God. --- From my perspective, I believe the Muslims have done the same. --- So, to what extent do you agree?

However, since I started talking about angels, and explained that God created the order of angels called the Cherubim, with the ability to choose, I want to continue by saying that this same ability was given to Adam and Eve when God created them at a later date. ---

Here is what the Bible Dictionary says:

Quote: --- “God is love,” and “God is holy.” --- Because Love is His predominant characteristic, God desired to surround His throne with creatures whom He might love, and by whom He might be loved. --- Because of His holiness, these creatures must also be holy; and by logical necessity love and holiness cannot be forced. --- Compulsory love or holiness would not be either love or holiness, and could not satisfy an all-wise Creator. Therefore these loving and holy creatures must be endowed with the ability to choose whether “to love and glorify God and enjoy Him forever,” --- or whether to reject Him and suffer the consequences. --- End of quote.

--- I explained above about the one who became the “Anointed Cherub’ of the Cherubim angels and gained the position of the Lucifer, --- But because of his beauty and his position be became proud and began to persuade others to follow him in promoting his own kingdom, and wanting to ‘be like God’ --- However his thoughts were unholy and sinful, so he had to be removed from God’s holiness. --- He had been tested, but failed.

God said, “You were perfect in all your ways from the day you were created until iniquity was found in you.”

Satan was cast out and all of the fallen angels with him, to become demons and (your term might be jinn) on the earth.

--- Something interesting to notice about the angels, --- they knew love and holiness, they learned about sin and rebellion and the consequences, --- and, that after choices were made, there was no going back, they were cast out.

--- They knew and experienced the feelings and emotions given later to Adam.

Enough for now, --- You may have questions, --- so feel free to ask, but I will continue a little further to try to make my point very clear.

To continue with some points about the devil and his characteristics.

He was cast out of the heaven where he had been the anointed Cherub, --- but he was not yet cast down to the earth.

I believe when God said, “Let us make man in our image” --- It couldn’t have been in the image of Almighty God, because Almighty God has no image, or likeness, --- The word used for God is Elohim, which is a plural name for God, --- So, if the speaker was the New Leader of the Sons of God, who was the new ‘Light bringer,” The Word, Logos. --- He represented God all the way through the Scriptures, --- so He could say, “Let us make man in our image,” meaning like the Cherubim angels, who knew all of the emotions, that we know today, --- which were shown, when the devil was put out of heaven.

This may sound a little strange, but use your reason and logic. --- In the first two commandments it says in Exodus 20:

1  And God spoke all these words, saying:

“I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

“You shall have no other gods before Me.

“You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth;

--- So man could not be made in the image of Almighty God, --- but could be made with the intellect, senses, and emotions of the Cherubim angels, who were also called ‘the sons of God,’ ---  because God created them as a special order of angels, --- that He could love them, and in return, be loved by them. --- Or, those who rejected God, would end up being part of Satan’s kingdom.

If we move ahead we can see how Satan rebelled again at the creation of Adam, in Surah 7:

11 It is We (God) Who created you and gave you shape; then We bade the angels bow down to Adam, and they bowed down; not so Iblis; He refused to be of those who bowed down.

12 (God) said: "What prevented thee from bowing down when I commanded thee?" He said: "I am better than he: Thou didst create me from fire, and him from clay."

--- (This proves that the Cherubim angels were created by God. Notice that Iblis/Satan said, “Thou didst create me from fire” --- So that means that the Word, who was the New leader of the Cherubim was also a “Created Being,” --- but was the one chosen to represent God in the new creation on earth. --- It was this one that it speaks of , where it says in Hebrews 1:

5 You are My Son, Today I have begotten You.

8 To the Son He says: “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
A scepter of righteousness is
the scepter of Your kingdom.
You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.”

--- Notice that it calls the Son, God, --- having a throne, --- and saying, Your God, has anointed You, with the oil of gladness more than Your companions”

So the Word, Logos, was chosen from among his companions in heaven, --- and given a heavenly throne.

(Enough for now)

To continue:

If we go back we can see more emotions that we can relate to as humans, in Surah 7:

12 (God) said: "What prevented thee from bowing down when I commanded thee?" He said: "I am better than he: Thou didst create me from fire, and him from clay."

13 (God) said: "Get thee down from this: it is not for thee to be arrogant here: get out, for thou art of the meanest (of creatures)."

14 He said: "Give me respite till the day they are raised up."

15 (God) said: "Be thou among those who have respite."

16 He said: "Because thou hast thrown me out of the way, lo! I will lie in wait for them on thy straight way:

17 "Then will I assault them from before them and behind them, from their right and their left: Nor wilt thou find, in most of them, gratitude (for thy mercies)."

18 (God) said: "Get out from this, disgraced and expelled. If any of them follow thee, - Hell will I fill with you all.

2:30 “And when thy Lord said unto the angels: Lo! I am about to place a viceroy in the earth.” --- This was Adam, who God was going to place in the earth to be in charge of the animals and the living things on earth. --- Then God had commanded the angels to bow down, but Iblis refused saying, “I am better than him,” Satan/Iblis said, “I am made of fire, and he is made of clay.” --- (Actually from dust which is not heavy like clay.)

--- At any rate this tells us that the Cherubim angels were made of fire. --- And it verifies this in different places, as in Hebrews 1:

7 And of the angels He says: “Who makes His angels spirits And His ministers a flame of fire.”

So Iblis answers back and says he refuses to obey God’s command, and in

13 (God) said: "Get thee down from this: it is not for thee to be arrogant here: get out, for thou art of the meanest (of creatures)."

So Iblis was again acting with pride, “I’m better than him.”

So God cast him down from that realm of heaven, but still not down to the earth.

--- Notice how deceptive he is? --- Then he asks God to give him ‘respite’ or ‘reprieve’ or a ‘pause’ saying, “Don’t cast me down until after they are raised up.” --- This means through the years on earth, through to the Day of Judgment, when the dead are raised up.

15 (God) said: "Be thou among those who have respite."

--- So, instead of Iblis being grateful to God for allowing him more time, he turns around and says he will attack the believers

16 He said: "Because thou hast thrown me out of the way, lo! I will lie in wait for them on thy straight way:

17 "Then will I assault them from before them and behind them, from their right and their left: Nor wilt thou find, in most of them, gratitude (for thy mercies)."

--- He was showing that he was the meanest creature by promising to attack the new creation from every angle.

18 (God) said: "Get out from this, disgraced and expelled. If any of them follow thee, - Hell will I fill with you all.

--- So God said again, “”Get out from here.” --- And, who is Satan going to attack? --- The righteous ones who follow God’s commands.

So, the battle lines were drawn between God and Satan. --- And we will continue later.

To continue:

So the battle lines were drawn between God and Satan, --- and Satan had boasted in these verses in Surah 7:

--- So rather than showing gratitude to God for not casting him into hell right away, he was showing that he was the ‘meanest creature’ by promising to attack the new creation.

And it continues in Surah 7:

19 (Then God turned His attention to Adam and Eve, and said), "O Adam! dwell thou and thy wife in the Garden, and enjoy (its good things) as ye wish: but approach not this tree, or ye run into harm and transgression.”

20 (So Adam and Eve became the first target for Satan in his devious plan to get back at God), --- Then began Satan to whisper suggestions to them, bringing openly before their minds all that was hidden from them, he said: "Your Lord only forbade you this tree, lest ye should become angels or such beings as live for ever."

21 And he swore to them both, that he was their sincere adviser.

22 So by deceit he brought about their 'fall:' when they tasted of the tree, their shame became manifest to them, and they began to sew together the leaves of the garden over their bodies. And their Lord called unto them: "Did I not forbid you that tree, and tell you that Satan was an avowed enemy unto you?"

--- So that explains their ‘fall from grace’ and ‘their disobedience to God,’ does it not?

To continue with a few more verses to show that the battle ground moved from the Garden of Eden to earth. Surah 7:

23 They (Adam and Eve) said: "Our Lord! We have wronged our own souls: If thou forgive us not and bestow not upon us Thy Mercy, we shall certainly be lost."

24. (Allah) said: "Get ye down. With enmity between yourselves. On earth will be your dwelling-place and your means of livelihood,- for a time."

25. He said: "Therein shall ye live, and therein shall ye die; but from it shall ye be taken out (at last)."

26. O ye Children of Adam! We have bestowed raiment upon you to cover your shame, as well as to be an adornment to you. But the raiment of righteousness,- that is the best. Such are among the Signs of Allah, that they may receive admonition!

27. O ye Children of Adam! Let not Satan seduce you, in the same manner as He got your parents out of the Garden, stripping them of their raiment, to expose their shame: for he and his tribe watch you from a position where ye cannot see them: We made the evil ones friends (only) to those without faith.

And it says in Genesis 3:

14 So the Lord God said to the serpent:

“Because you have done this, You are cursed more than all cattle, And more than every beast of the field;
On your belly you shall go, And you shall eat dust All the days of your life.
And I will put enmity Between you and the woman,
And between your seed and her Seed; He shall bruise your head, And you shall bruise His heel.”

16 To the woman He said:

“I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your conception; In pain you shall bring forth children;
Your desire shall be for your husband, And he shall rule over you.”

17 Then to Adam He said, “Because you have heeded the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree of which I commanded you, saying, ‘You shall not eat of it’:

“Cursed is the ground for your sake; In toil you shall eat of it All the days of your life.
Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you, And you shall eat the herb of the field.
In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread Till you return to the ground,
For out of it you were taken; For dust you are, And to dust you shall return

So Adam and Eve and Satan were all cast out of heaven and down to earth, and out of God’s realm. --- Adam and Eve had repented, but they could not go back to being holy as they had been, --- they could only be ‘forgiven’ and hopefully would not be unfaithful to God again, but be obedient to Him as they started this new life, with the animals, with a flesh and blood body like they had, --- and reproducing children after their own image, but childbirth would be with pain.

The battleground had changed from the Garden of Eden to earth, but Almighty God does not come to earth. --- Therefore he sent Another  to earth, to represent Himself. --- Because the Word was chosen to replace the ‘anointed cherub’ who sinned in heaven, and was cast out of heaven and now down to earth, after leading Adam and Eve into sin, --- the Word, through whom all things were created, would be the one worthy to do battle with Satan and overcome him.

So a new battle starts from small beginnings.

Hi Haydar Husayn,

I am trying to explain some of the deeper subjects in the Scriptures that are misunderstood and cause division.

To continue in our long road from heaven down to earth:

And see the development of the battle between the Word and Satan on earth, we see different appearances of the Word from heaven and the first teaching of the Law was given through Melchizedek to Abraham.

Abraham had settled in Bethel and there he rededicated himself to the Lord, in Genesis 13. --- Abraham and Lot had increased their livestock and they were crowded, so Lot separated from Abraham with his flocks and herds and moved South to the plains of Jordan, to Sodom, --- and next in Genesis 13:

14 And the Lord said to Abram, after Lot had separated from him: “Lift your eyes now and look from the place where you are—northward, southward, eastward, and westward;

15 for all the land which you see I give to you and your descendants forever.

17 Arise, walk in the land through its length and its width, for I give it to you.”

--- So there was the promise given to Abraham that the Land of Canaan would be their inheritance forever.

Then the introduction of this mysterious man, Melchizedek, is in Genesis 14:

18 Then Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine; he was the priest of God Most High.

19 And he blessed him and said:

“Blessed be Abram of God Most High, Possessor of heaven and earth;
20 And blessed be God Most High, Who has delivered your enemies into your hand.”

--- The name Melchizedek, means ‘King of Righeousness,’ and he was also ‘the Priest of the Most High God. --- And he was the ‘King of Salem. --- This is the first introduction of the name Jeru-salem, which means ‘City of Peace.’

But the description of him is given in Hebrews 7:

1 For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the Most High God, who met Abraham and blessed him,

to whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all, first being translated “king of righteousness,” and then also king of Salem, meaning “king of peace,”

without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but made like the Son of God, remains a priest continually.

--- When most Christians read this, ‘made like the Son of God,’ they immediately think it refers to Jesus, but what I have said is that the Word was ‘the Spiritual Son of God.’

The above identification shows that this was One who came down from heaven, and was everlasting, without father, without mother, without genealogy.

But notice that Abraham gave tithes to Him as the Priest, so the teaching of worship and tithing were taught to Abraham

Then there was the Burning Bush in Exodus 3, when the Word revealed His voice, saying “I am the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, --- and accompanied Moses through the wilderness wanderings, and brought the Children of Israel back to the Promised Land

Again the appearance of the Warrior to Joshua in Joshua 5:13-15. --- And identified Himself as the “Commander of the Lord’s army.” --- So the name, “The Lord of hosts” became the common name for God.    

Next I want to continue with the Prophecy from Isaiah.  

To continue from above:

Now I want to go to the well known prophecy in Isaiah 7:

14Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a Sign: Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel.”

This verse is usuall coupled with other verses from Isaiah 9:

6 For unto us a Child is born,

Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Of the increase of His
government and peace
There will be
no end,
Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom,
To order it and establish it with judgment and justice
From that time forward, even forever.
The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

If we separate the first two statements, “Unto us a Child is born.”

“Unto us a Son is given.”

So the Child was born on earth, and the Son was given from heaven

The child that was born on earth was Jesus, and the Son that was given from heaven, was the Word (Logos) who was called Immanuel, meaning ‘God with us’

One thing to notice is that the whole operation involves the Lord of hosts, verse 7.

The Prophecy was given in Isaiah, and fulfilled in Matthew 1:

18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: After His mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Spirit.

19 Then Joseph her betrothed husband, being a just man, and not wanting to make her a public example, was minded to put her away secretly.

20 But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit.

21 And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.”

22 So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying:

23 “Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which is translated, “God with us.”

24 Then Joseph, being aroused from sleep, did as the angel of the Lord commanded him and took to him his wife,

25 and did not know her till she had brought forth her firstborn Son. And he called His name Jesus.

Notice it says in verse 21, “You shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.” --- the name Jesus means ‘Savior.’

And in verse 23 from the prophecy in Isaiah:

“Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which is translated, “God with us.”

So the name Immanuel means “God with us,” --- the Messiah, Christ, and it refers to the Word who came from heaven to indwell Jesus.

This corresponds to Surah 3:

45Behold! the angel said: "O Mary! God giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from Him: his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter and of (the company of) those nearest to God;

--- Christ (the Messiah) and Jesus (the Savior).

More to follow.

Hi Haydar Husayn,

I am sorry to be slow at finishing this topic, but I want to give some conclusions, --- We established that the Word (Logos) came from the order of angels called ‘the sons of God,’ --- So the Word came from God.

And the battleground moved from the heavenlies down to earth, so God ‘prepared a human body,' to be born of a virgin as it says in Isaiah 7:

14 “Behold a virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call His name Immanuel.”

And it says in Hebrews 10:

5 Therefore, when He came into the world, He said:

“Sacrifice and offering You did not desire,
But a body You have prepared for Me."

--- Jesus was the body that God prepared for the Word to indwell.

So in Matthew, where the prophecy was fulfilled, the child that was born was called Jesus, as it says in Matthew 1:

21 “And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.” --- (So the name Jesus meant Savior.).

23 (Then it repeats the prophecy from Isaiah) “Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which is translated, “God with us.”

John 1:1 says, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” --- (the Word represented God on earth, so “God with us.”.)

John 1:14 says, “And the Word became flesh. And dwelt among us.”

So there is the meaning of Immanuel --- God with us. --- And the name used was Christ, which means Messiah.

And if you notice that sometimes the Quran explains the former Scriptures, --- then you will understand why I have often used this verse from Surah 3:

45 Behold! the angel said: "O Mary! God giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from Him: his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary,

So there you have it. --- Jesus was the Savior, and Christ was the Messiah.

Now I will show you something else. --- Through the Gospels when it used the full name it was usually, ‘Jesus Christ,’ --- but after Jesus ascended from earth, the name was usually ‘Christ Jesus,’ --- even as it is in 3:45.  

--- “God gives glad tidings of a Word from Him (God), --- and His name will be Christ Jesus,”

Now I will show you another thing, --- After Jesus left, God sent the Holy Spirit to indwell the Apostles, --- and Peter began preaching to the Jews. --- It says in Acts 3:

13 “The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our fathers, glorified His Servant Jesus, whom you delivered up and denied in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let Him go.”

25 “You are sons of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying to Abraham. ‘And in your seed all the families of the earth shall be blessed.’

26 To you first, God, having raised up His Servant Jesus, sent Him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from your iniquities.”

So twice it says, “His Servant Jesus.”

And again the Quran verifies Jesus as a Servant in this verse in Surah 4:

172 The Messiah would never disdain from being a servant of GOD, nor would the closest angels. Those who disdain from worshipping Him, and are too arrogant to submit, He will summon them all before Him.

So this reveals that both ‘Christ the Messiah,’ and ‘Jesus the Savior,’ were “Servants of God,” --- does it not?

Just to add more clarity to who the Word was.

Because the name Jesus refers to the begotten son of Mary, --- and Christ, the Messiah, was the Word who came down from God, --- we can go back to Isaiah and identify the two in this way in Isaiah 9:

6 For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Now notice that it said, “Unto us a Child is born” --- That refers to Jesus.

Then it says, “Unto us a Son is given,” --- This refers to the Word that came down from heaven. --- (From the order of angels called "The Sons of God). --- So what is written next refers to the Word. --- If we can understand that the Word spoke through Jesus, just as the Word spoke from the burning bush to Moses, then we can understand that the Word cannot be seen, so has to have a vessel or a body through which to speak, --- So the Word spoke through Jesus, and represented God on earth.

“And the government will be upon His shoulders.” --- (I will show later how the Government was on Christ, not on Jesus).

And His name will be called:

“Wonderful, Counselor” --- these two descriptions refer to the teaching of the Gospel message, healing the sick, raising the dead, and casting out evil spirits by the power of the Word, which was indwelling Jesus. --- Gospel means ‘Good News’ which was comforting to the people who were healed and delivered.

“Mighty God,” --- the term “Mighty God, could not refer to Jesus, but to the Word.

I discussed this with a friend who is a Greek scholar and I asked him about the Greek words for God, which are used differently in this familiar verse.

In John 1:1 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” --- Where it says, ‘The Word was with God,’ the Greek term is Theov --- and where it says, ‘and the Word was God,’ --- the term is Theos.

--- He said the term Theov refers to Almighty God, and the term Theos, refers to the Word ‘through whom all things were made,’ John 1:3.    

So I asked him if the term ‘Mighty God’ could refer to the Word who is called God in John 1:1? --- And he said, “The Word was always subject to Almighty God.” --- So this is the assessment that the Word and the Holy Spirit were always Servants of Almighty God.

“Everlating Father,” --- Again this can refer to the Word, because, “The Word was in the beginning with God, and all things (pertaining to our world) were created through the Word. --- He was there in the beginning and in another role the Word was called the Alpha and Omega, the first and the last, and the Word, Christ, is everlasting,   

Finally, “Prince of Peace.’ --- This could easily refer to Jesus, but since all things were done through the Word, then Peace was a byproduct of the Gospel, as it is often called “The Gospel of Peace.”

To continue with the prophecy from Isaiah 9:

Then we come back to:

--- “And the government shall be upon His shoulders.”

This refers to the Word, Christ who has a kingdom, and authority, and it says in Isaiah 9: 

7 “Of the increase of His government and peace There will be no end,
Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom, To order it and establish it with judgment and justice from that time forward, even forever.”

It is prophesied here that ‘the Government will be upon Christ’ shoulders,’ and ‘He will sit on the throne of David.’

This prophesy is extended in Luke 1 where it said:

30 Then the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God.

31 And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall call His name Jesus.

--- (While it doesn’t mention the other name 'Immanuel' here, who was the Person of the Word, Christ, --- it refers to the kingdom of Christ, as is verified later.)

32 He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David.

33 And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end.”

--- (Because they saw the physical Jesus, they glorified Him as the eternal Son of God, and Jesus was CALLED the Son of God, but it was the Word, Christ, that indwelt the body of Jesus, who was Eternal. --- So as Jesus Christ, He represented both man and God on earth, --- But Jesus had a beginning on earth, and an end on earth when He ascended to heaven.)

So Christ will sit on the throne of David in Jerusalem during what is called the millennium, --- and through that time the armies of Satan will be defeated, then it says this later.

In the Book of revelation it confirms and identifies the ruler and the rider on the white horse, as the Word, Christ. --- It says this in Revelation 19:

11 “Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war.

12 His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns.

13 He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

15 And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron.

16 And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written:

KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

--- And here is where we find the conclusion, in 1 Corinthians15:

22 “For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive.

23 But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ’s at His coming.

24 Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power.

25 For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet.

26 The last enemy that will be destroyed is death.

27 For “He has put all things under His feet.”

28 Now when all things are made subject to Him, then Christ Himself will also be subject to Him (God) who put all things under Him, THAT GOD MAY BE ALL IN ALL.

Hi Haydar Husayn,

Since the Trinitarians believe that Jesus was the Word, or the Word was Jesus, rather than understanding that the Word was ‘in’ Jesus and spoke through Him, the same as the Voice was in the burning bush, and said to Moses, “I am the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob,” in Exodus 3:6.

Some may ask about the statement of the cross which is recorded in Luke 23:

39 Then one of the criminals who were hanged (on another cross) blasphemed Him, saying, “If You are the Christ, save Yourself and us.”

40 But the other, answering, rebuked him, saying, “Do you not even fear God, seeing you are under the same condemnation?

41 And we indeed justly, for we receive the due reward of our deeds; but this Man has done nothing wrong.”

42 Then he said to Jesus, “Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom.”

43 And Jesus said to him, “Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise.”

Just to clarify: --- In the NT it often mentions the kingdom of God, and the kingdom of heaven, and in Ephesians 5:5 it mentions the kingdom of Christ. After His mission on earth was fulfilled the Word, Christ, returned to His place at the right hand of God.

Jesus did not have a kingdom, but became the High Priest after the order of Melchizedek.

It says this of Jesus in Hebrews 2:

9 “But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone.

And it says again in Hebrews 7:

20 “The Lord has sworn And will not relent,
‘You are a priest foreverAccording to the order of Melchizedek”

22 by so much more Jesus has become a surety of a better covenant.

23 Also there were many priests, because they were prevented by death from continuing.

24 But He, because He continues forever, has an unchangeable priesthood.

25 Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.”

To conclude:

This is a final evidence that the Word came from God and was returning to Him when His mission on earth was completed.

Remember it was the Word that was speaking where it says in Isaiah 48:

16 “Come near to Me, hear this: I have not spoken in secret from the beginning;
From the time that it was, I was there. And now the Lord God and His Spirit Have sent Me.”

This says, ‘The Lord God’ (who is called the Heavenly Father), and His (Holy) Spirit have sent Me (the Word)

17 Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, The Holy One of Israel:

And it says this in Hebrews 10:

5Therefore, when He came into the world, He said:

“Sacrifice and offering You did not desire, But a body You have prepared for Me.
In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin
You had no pleasure.
Then I said, ‘Behold, I have come—
In the volume of the book it is written of Me—
To do Your will, O God.

So God sent the Word to indwell the body on earth that God had prepared for Him, and that body was Jesus. --- The Word of God was subject to the will of God, --- So He said, “I have come to do Your will, O God.

--- And here is the ‘finale’ where the Word speaks through Jesus in this prayer in John 17:

1 “Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You,

as You have given Him (the Word) authority over all flesh, that He shouldgive eternal life to as many as You have given Him.

And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

I (the Word) have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do.

And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

Notice in verse 3 it speaks in the third person about “Jesus Christ whom You have sent.” --- So the Word was sent from heaven, and Jesus was sent on earth, --- so they were, Jesus the Savior, and Christ the Messiah. --- The physical Jesus, and the Spiritual Christ, in one body, --- but now, the Word, Christ is soon to depart to return to His Kingdom in heaven, so He says:

5 And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

In John 1:1 it says “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God. --- All things were made through Him (the Word)”

--- The Word was the new leader of the Cherubim angels who were called ‘Sons of God” --- So the beloved Son, the Word, was returning to the glory that He had with the Father, before the world was.

--- From the time that Satan deceived man and sin was Satan’s tool to rule the ‘prison of death,’ --- the Glory of God was withheld in heaven, --- but with the Word coming down and defeating death, through the Resurrection of Jesus, --- the Word could return to His former place at the right hand of God, --- AGAIN IN THE FULL GLORY OF GOD.

And the Resurrected Jesus is the Eternal High Priest in heaven.

HI Christianlady,

I am sorry, --- I kind of took over this topic for a while in explaining the Word that came down from heaven, and was returning to heaven when His mission was accomplished.

--- But it was all in the realm of explaining the Bible.

I won’t add anything more unless there are direct questions, --- But I will continue to read your posts with interest.

Salam/Shalom/Peace,

The following are more contradictions/discrepancies alleged concerning the Bible, and my answers by God's grace. My answers are not to persuade anybody to believe what I do, but merely to explain what I believe and why. People are of course free to agree or disagree, and to seek answers elsewhere if so desired.

Noah was righteous. Gen.7:1.
Job was righteous. Job 1:1,8; Job 2:3.
Zechariah and Elizabeth were righteous. Lk.1:5,6.
Some men are righteous. Jms.5:16; 1 Jn.3:7.
No one is righteous. Rom.3:10,23; 1 Jn.1:8-10.

Genesis 7:1, Job 1:1, 8; Job 2:3, Luke 1:5-6, James 5:16 and 1 John 3:7 do not contradict each other.

Paul, in his letter to the Christians in Rome, quoted or paraphrased some from King David, the 2nd King of Israel, but did not include all the context: (I boldened some in all the passages shared.)

As it is written: There is no one righteous, not even one; there is no one who understands; there is no one who seeks God. All have turned away, they have together become worthless; there is no one who does good, not even one.”Romans 3:10-12 (NIV)

The context is about the state of “fools” and the world in general, which is in a state of spiritual decline:

"For the Leader. [A Psalm] of David.
The fool hath said in his heart: 'There is no God'; they have dealt corruptly, they have done abominably; there is none that doeth good. The LORD looked forth from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any man of understanding, that did seek after God. They are all corrupt, they are together become impure; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.”
Psalm 14:1-3

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt2614.htm

For the Leader; upon Mahalath. Maschil of David. The fool hath said in his heart: 'There is no God'; they have dealt corruptly, and have done abominable iniquity; there is none that doeth good. God looked forth from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any man of understanding, that did seek after God. Every one of them is unclean, they are together become impure; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.” – Psalm 53:1-4

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt2653.htm

1 John 1:8-10 is about people who sin but deny it and so deceive themselves, and about how God forgives us of our sins if we confess (which includes repentance).

If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. -  1 John 1:8-10 (NIV)

The law was given directly to Moses. Deut.10:1-5.
The law was given through angels. Gal.3:19.

Paul in his letter to the Christians in Galatia was not denying that God gave the Children of Israel the Law via Moses, but was talking on a broader spectrum to include Gentiles (who did not have to obey the Law God gave to the Children of Israel). Moses, by the way mediated between God and the Children of Israel:

Why, then, was the law given at all? It was added because of transgressions until the Seed to whom the promise referred had come. The law was given through angels and entrusted to a mediator. A mediator, however, implies more than one party; but God is one.” – Galatians 3:19-20 (NIV)

Abraham had two sons, Ishmael and Isaac. Gen.16:15; Gen.21:1,3,9; Gal.4:22.
Abraham had several other sons. Gen.25:1,2.
Abraham had only one son. Heb.11:17

Genesis 16:15, Genesis 21:1,3,9, Galatians 4:22, and Genesis 25:1-2 don’t contradict each other. Please note that Genesis details the life of Abraham more or less in chronological order. Thus, it’s only natural that Genesis 25 includes more than 2 children, after Abraham’s wife Sarah died. As for Hebrews 11:17, the author was talking about the promise God gave to Abraham and Sarah. The one and only son of Abraham and Sarah is Isaac:

And God said unto Abraham: 'Let it not be grievous in thy sight because of the lad, and because of thy bondwoman; in all that Sarah saith unto thee, hearken unto her voice; for in Isaac shall seed be called to thee.” – Genesis 21:12 http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt0121.htm

"By faith Abraham, when God tested him, offered Isaac as a sacrifice. He who had embraced the promises was about to sacrifice his one and only son," - Hebrews 11:17 (NIV)

It is very well accounted in the Tanakh (Jewish Scripture) that God’s promises followed a specific line. Not everyone in the family was included. While that's not fair, life's sadly not fair. :(

For example, even Isaac’s son Esau was not included in this line, but rather Esau’s brother Jacob (Israel) was the one who received the promises handed down to the one and only son of Abraham and Sarah  (Let’s not forget the Mom!): Isaac.

Edited by Christianlady

Jacob was buried in a cave at Machpelah bought from Ephron the Hittite. Gen.50:13.
Jacob was buried in a sepulchre at Sychem bought from the sons of Hamor. Acts 7:15,16.

Genesis 50 just talks about when Jacob (Israel) was buried, not the other ancestors of the Children of Israel (Jacob) whereas Stephen in Acts 7:15-16 focuses on the burial place of "our ancestors".

For his sons carried him into the land of Canaan, and buried him in the cave of the field of Machpelah, which Abraham bought with the field, for a possession of a burying-place, of Ephron the Hittite, in front of Mamre. – Genesis 50:13

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt0150.htm

Then Jacob went down to Egypt, where he and our ancestors died. Their bodies were brought back to Shechem and placed in the tomb that Abraham had bought from the sons of Hamor at Shechem for a certain sum of money. – Acts 7:15-16 (NIV)

God approves the making of vows. Num.30:1,2.
Jesus forbids the making of vows. Mt.5:33-37.

"And Moses told the children of Israel according to all that the LORD commanded Moses. And Moses spoke unto the heads of the tribes of the children of Israel, saying: This is the thing which the LORD hath commanded. When a man voweth a vow unto the LORD, or sweareth an oath to bind his soul with a bond, he shall not break his word; he shall do according to all that proceedeth out of his mouth." - Numbers 30:1-3

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt0430.htm

Numbers 30:1-3 doesn’t say that God says He approves vow making. Moses does say that when a man makes a vow, he has to keep it; “he shall not break his word” so God is holding men accountable for the vows they make.

Jesus by the way is not contradicting the command to keep one’s vow/oath. He is making it easier by commanding people not to make vows/oaths at all. It’s a lot easier to not break one’s word if one doesn’t promise something he won’t or can’t fulfill.

"Again, you have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘Do not break your oath, but fulfill to the Lord the vows you have made.’ But I tell you, do not swear an oath at all: either by heaven, for it is God’s throne; or by the earth, for it is his footstool; or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the Great King. And do not swear by your head, for you cannot make even one hair white or black. All you need to say is simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything beyond this comes from the evil one. – Matthew 5:33-37 (NIV)

"God" and "Jesus" are one in the same. Jn.10:30.

How does John 10:30 contradict Numbers 30:1-3 or Matthew 5:33-37?

Some castrates will receive special rewards. Is.56:4,5.
Men are encouraged to consider making themselves castrates. Mt.19:12.
A castrate can not enter the assembly of God. Deut.23:1.

Matthew 19:12 does not contradict Isaiah 56:4-5 or Deuteronomy 23:1. Deuteronomy 23:1 does not mean that castrates can’t obey God. It just means that was a rule for entering the assembly. One can obey God yet not enter the assembly. Later, God gave the prophet Isaiah this beautiful message for castrates:

For thus saith the LORD concerning the eunuchs that keep My sabbaths, and choose the things that please Me, and hold fast by My covenant: Even unto them will I give in My house and within My walls a monument and a memorial better than sons and daughters; I will give them an everlasting memorial, that shall not be cut off.  – Isaiah 56:4-5

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt1056.htm

This possibly encouraged many castrates in obeying God. Many of the Jewish castrates, by the way, were made so by the Babylonian Empire, which the Persian Empire eventually conquered.

A man can divorce his wife for any reason and both can remarry. Deut.24:1,2.
Divorce is wrong and remarriage is adultery. Mk.10:11,12.

Jesus Christ explained why Moses allowed the Children of Israel to divorce and remarry:

Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?”

“Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’ [Gen. 1:27]  and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’[Gen. 2:24]? So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

“Why then,” they asked, “did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?”

Jesus replied, Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.” – Matthew 19:3-9 (NIV)

Jesus did not say that all divorce is wrong. Jesus goes into deep spiritual purity by showing that God’s ideal is for one man and one woman to be one flesh, not separated by man. So, he points back to a time earlier than Moses – to Adam and Eve.

Adam sinned, therefore all men are condemned to death. Rom.5:12,19; 1 Cor.15:22.
Children are not to suffer for their parent's sins. Deut.24:16; 2 Ki.14:6; 2 Chr.25:4; Ezek.18:20.

Romans 5:12-19 and 1 Corinthians 15:22 do not contradict Deut.24:16; 2 Ki.14:6; 2 Chr.25:4; Ezek.18:20 because the Tanakh verses mentioned are talking about the law of Moses whereas Romans 5:12-19 and 1 Corinthians 15:22 go back to the consequences of Adam and Eve's sin.

Adam and Eve’s sin happened way before Moses and children do suffer sickness and eventually death, both of which are a result of Adam and Eve’s sin:

In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken; for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.' – Genesis 3:19 http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt0103.htm

God is vengeful. Gen.4:15; Deut.32:35; Ezek.25:14-17; Nah.1:2; Rom.12:19; Heb.10:30.
God is a warrior. Ex.15:3; Is.42:13; Ps.24:8.
God is a consuming fire. Deut.4:24; Deut.9:3; Heb.12:29.
God is jealous. Ex.20:5; Ex.34:14; Deut.4:24; Deut.5:9; Deut.6:15; Deut.29:20; Deut.32:21.
God murders and kills. Num.31:7,17; Deut.20:16,17; Josh.10:40; Jud.14:19; Ezek.9:5,6; Num.11:33.
God is angry. Num.32:14; Num.25:3,4; Deut.6:15; Deut.9:7,8; Deut.29:20; Deut.32:21; Ps.7:11; Ps.78:49; Jer.4:8; Jer.17:4; Jer.32:30,31; Zeph.2:2; 2 Sam.22:8,9; Ezek.6:12.
God is love and peace. 2 Cor.13:11,14; 1 Jn.4:8,16; Rom.15:33.
God's spirit inspires love, peace, etc. Gal.5:22,23.
God never changes. Mal.3:6.

God gives and takes away life; He does not murder. People murder. God is the One who avenges, He is a warrior, He is a consuming fire, He is jealous, He is the giver and taker of life, He is angry at sin, and He is love and peace, His spirit inspires love and peace, and He never changes. God’s attributes do not contradict each other, but rather complement each other. That is why God is both just and merciful. They don’t contradict each other but rather are 2 sides of the same coin, so to speak.

Peace and God bless you

The Bible is basically inspired by God written down by men written in various languages. The Quran is the orally recited words of God which is memorized by men and preserved on paper. Also the style of the Quran truly sounds like God is talking in first person. While the Bible lacks this quality. The word Quran in Arabic means "the recitation", so the Quran is the recitation of God's words.

Here is what the Quran has to say:

"Will they not, then, try to understand this Qur’an? Had it issued from any but God, they would surely have found in it many an inner contradiction!"

"Woe, then, to those who write the book with their hands and then say: This is from God, so that they may take for it a small price; therefore woe to them for what their hands have written and woe to them for what they earn."

Believe it or not, the Bible is a book that was corrupted by men. People like Paul actually distorted the Bible, created the false teachings that you guys follow. Jesus never taught trinity, he taught monotheism which is what Jesus and all the other prophets taught. You Christians claim to follow Jesus, but instead you follow Paul's lies and distortions that he made in the name of Jesus which is trinity. Trinity was not Jesus's idea, it was Paul's idea. We Muslims follow the true words of Jesus which is his monotheism and mainly follow Muhammad (p.b.u.h). Jesus prayed to one god.

"The Messiah (Jesus), son of Mary, was no more than a Messenger before whom many Messengers have passed away; and his mother adhered wholly to truthfulness, and they both ate food (as other mortals do). See how We make Our signs clear to them; and see where they are turning away!" (Quran 5:75)

"Verily, the likeness of Jesus in God's Sight is the likeness of Adam. He (God) created him from dust, then (He) said to him: ‘Be!'-and he was" (Quran 3:59)

"People of the Book (Jews and Christians)! Do not exceed the limits in your religion, and attribute to God nothing except the truth. The Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, was only a Messenger of God, and His command that He conveyed unto Mary, and a spirit from Him. So believe in God and in His Messengers, and do not say: ‘God is a Trinity.' Give up this assertion; it would be better for you. God is indeed just One God. Far be it from His glory that He should have a son. To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and in the earth. God is sufficient for a guardian" (Quran 4:171)

Here is what Suratul Ikhlas has to say:

"Say: "God is Unique! God, the Source [of everything]. He has not fathered anyone nor was He fathered, and there is nothing comparable to Him!" (Quran 112:1-4).