Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:17 PM

to be frank NO and i dont know why

#102 ImAli

ImAli

One Eyed Esther

• Banned
  • 6,369 posts
  • Religion:Reptilianism
  • Interests:Time travel, pet jinn, shapeshifting, being a zionist spy from a bad cult, Misguiding people

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:26 PM

a girl who has done mu'tah - no thanks

and yes it's halal blah blah

still wouldn't want her to have done it

Thank you for being honest as usual :D
  • Ismahan007 likes this

#103 Alejandro Sosa

Alejandro Sosa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 663 posts
  • Religion:Muslim

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:40 PM

i know u agree with me as usual young lady

#104 Ismahan007

Ismahan007

Salafis aka Islamo-fascism Are Devil Worshipers.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Religion:Al-islam

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:08 AM

But if he got into previous mutah's to be in a serious relationship or if he was divorced, it just shows he's mature and wants to settle down. Plus honestly everyone gots some baggage. Be it past relationships or a [Edited Out]ty childhood or whatever else.
Another thing I personally think no one can hold you accountable about your past, especially if everything you did was halal.

what you said makes sense, but still i must disagree with you on this one. NOT EVERYONE has ''baggage'' like you said. yes, it's not nice to judge ppl bcos of their past experiences in life if they've changed but what if you have no past experience with any man whatsoever, not even once by mistake, would you still consider him??? :dry:

Edited by Ismahan007, 29 March 2012 - 09:09 AM.

#105 OneNoteSong

OneNoteSong

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:40 AM

I am okay with a guy who has engaged in mutah, provided he is willing to get testing done, and he is okay with girls who do the same. Not that I have ever done mutah, but it is the principle of the thing. I just don't want to be marrying a hypocrite.
  • ImAli and ילדת מלך like this

#106 shiaaliibrahim

shiaaliibrahim

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Religion:Islam Ahlul Bayt School of Thought
  • Interests:Learning as much about the Ahlul Bayt and teaching what I know along the way.

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:51 PM

If you like him and think you are compatible you should marry him. His previous experiences should make him a more responsible lover. We Muslims don't discuss this topic much, but the Holy Prophet (pbuh) was a great lover. This is something that is important in maintaining a healthy relationship. It may be the one thing that in times of trouble tip the balance back to a loving and caring marriage.

#107 Gypsy

Gypsy

Hal Min Nasirin Yansurna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,387 posts
  • Interests:Exposing hypocrisy and double standards.

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:43 AM

^ I don't agree with the above assessment. Remember that the Holy Prophet (pbuh) was a great lover when he was a 25 year old virgin man married to Khadijah (sa). And Khadijah (sa) was the love of his life.

If the girl wishes too, she can also have a preference for a virgin boy. Virgin boys are good because they wouldn't bring a lot of baggage in the marriage. See this case in point
http://www.shiachat....sueplease-help/

And you can be confident that he is not bringing all sort of sexual transmitted diseases to the bedroom.

Edited by Gypsy, 20 June 2012 - 05:44 AM.

#108 monafuji

monafuji
  • Basic Members
  • 19 posts
  • Religion:Muslim-Shia
  • Interests:girly stuff

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:14 AM

If he has been tested for STD's and is clean, and has no intentions of doing a mutah while permanently married to me, then I would. If there was a child produced, I still would because the child was completely innocent and it would be up to the adults to make sure the environment is still functional (meaning no BM, BD drama lol ) I don't see why a mutah, something halal, should be held against someone, especially if it is their past. Sadly this probably is not the case most times. If someone does mutah, whether it be a woman or man, then they are outcasted by their community as undeserving of a happy marriage.

#109 Sapphire

Sapphire

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,963 posts
  • Religion:Islam
  • Interests:My husband and our family <3

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:52 AM

Salaam A'laikum sisters. I pray you're all in best of health and emaan insha'llah. So would you consider marrying someone who was previously married before and done multiple muta'hs or is it too scary or a big no no for you? Be honest!

I would marry this someone but I believe the real question is not to be asked to the sisters but to the brothers here. Would they prefer to marry a woman who has been previously involved with someone. FYI! I am not talking about myself. :D

#110 shiaaliibrahim

shiaaliibrahim

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Religion:Islam Ahlul Bayt School of Thought
  • Interests:Learning as much about the Ahlul Bayt and teaching what I know along the way.

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:26 PM

I would marry this someone but I believe the real question is not to be asked to the sisters but to the brothers here. Would they prefer to marry a woman who has been previously involved with someone. FYI! I am not talking about myself. :D

I am a revert, so it does not matter to me. A person male or female is not a throw away just because they lived a life before their potential new partner has arrived on the scene. There are many advantages having an experienced partner. I am 100% sure that if I married a virgin she would learn to enjoy the marital pleasures much faster than she would with a virgin husband and the same for a woman who has experience before her husband. Mut'ah is halal, so there is no harm in it and it does not diminish the male or female who has taken part in it. It is judgmental and a sign of low iman to look down on a person who has partaken in halal acts -- who's standards are higher? Our's or Allah's? Allah's of course, thus we need to behave as if we believe it otherwise we become hypocrites. :D
  • Sapphire likes this

#111 UmmAhmad

UmmAhmad

My One Love

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Religion:Muslim
  • Interests:Cooking, sewing, shopping, blogging, and photography.

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:31 PM

It depends on WHY they were divorced. I had considered marrying a man who had been divorced 2 times until he told me the reasons why they divorced. His reasons seemed really childish to me so I didn't accept his proposal!
  • Marbles and ImAli like this

#112 Sapphire

Sapphire

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,963 posts
  • Religion:Islam
  • Interests:My husband and our family <3

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:28 PM

I am a revert, so it does not matter to me. A person male or female is not a throw away just because they lived a life before their potential new partner has arrived on the scene. There are many advantages having an experienced partner. I am 100% sure that if I married a virgin she would learn to enjoy the marital pleasures much faster than she would with a virgin husband and the same for a woman who has experience before her husband. Mut'ah is halal, so there is no harm in it and it does not diminish the male or female who has taken part in it. It is judgmental and a sign of low iman to look down on a person who has partaken in halal acts -- who's standards are higher? Our's or Allah's? Allah's of course, thus we need to behave as if we believe it otherwise we become hypocrites. :D

Really appreciate how u think. I never thought a man is capable of thinking this way at all.

#113 Peace!

Peace!

))) Mirror (((

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:04 AM

So would you consider marrying someone who was previously married before and done multiple muta'hs or is it too scary or a big no no for you? Be honest!

No!

#114 Ismahan007

Ismahan007

Salafis aka Islamo-fascism Are Devil Worshipers.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Religion:Al-islam

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:16 PM

If the girl wishes too, she can also have a preference for a virgin boy. Virgin boys are good because they wouldn't bring a lot of baggage in the marriage.

I agree with you sis, no one should deny a girl the right to prefer a virgin boy too just how many men would prefer to have virgin girls. nothing is wrong if you are gonna wait until you find someone equally as innocent, made no mistakes of fooling around with loads of girls thinking is fine etc..

yes if you wish so you can marry this someone :) , at the end of the day what matters in regards to marriage is the religion and the akhlaq (primary factors in choosing a spouse), if that's satisfactory then put the trust in Allah I'a however I doubt many of the brothers here would want to marry a woman with such a record any way... many of them won't admit but we know the answer any way :lol:

Edited by Ismahan007, 23 June 2012 - 02:19 PM.

• Marbles and Sapphire like this

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users