(bismillah)

I was looking for a thread dedicated to Islamic art but couldn't find one so I thought I'd go ahead and make one for all of the ShiaChat artists here. Here are some things I've painted. Feel free to add your own art on here as well (or any cool pieces you find somewhere)!

Edited by Naz_

(salam)

Wow, what a brilliant idea! I was actually thinking of starting a thread like this one, just the other day...but you beat me to it! :D

Anyway sister, Mashallah your paintings are beautiful and you have an exceptional talent, I look forward to seeing more...inshallah

As for my painting, after seeing your's I had to think twice before posting mine because it definitely pales in comparison, but just to get this thread going...here it is:

post-52413-0-59790200-1324009297_thumb.j

(This is a Tempra-Style painting)

Edited by jannahismygoal

Mashallah! I was just thinking about Islamic artwork today and was looking for classical artwork of Muslims, particular Shia. This is one of my favorite icons:

imam-ali-image01.jpg

If anyone has anymore like this please post them. Also, if anyone happens to have extra prints, banners, or tapestries, particularly of this image, please tell me as I have been looking for such artwork for decorative purposes but know not how to get a hold of them.

Again, one of the paintings I would like to find a print or rendition of to put in my room. :wub:

Why don't you go to a printing shop and give them the image and they can print it in the size you want, shouldn't cost more than $10 or so.

------------

How do the artists on this thread upload their work, take a picture of it?

Why don't you go to a printing shop and give them the image and they can print it in the size you want, shouldn't cost more than $10 or so.

I actually was just thinking of that. I'm not sure if I have the money to spare though...

How do the artists on this thread upload their work, take a picture of it?

Do you have a camera?

I actually was just thinking of that. I'm not sure if I have the money to spare though...

Do you have a camera?

You could try and put aside $1 a week or so, time passes very fast.

yes I do have a camera, but I don't really have anything to upload right now, insha Allah I'm going to start a calligraphy class in january, so if I do something nice, I might post it.

But the pictures seem to be very good quality if they are just camera pics.

You could try and put aside $1 a week or so, time passes very fast.

How much would you say having one of the faces of the Imams printed on a shirt would cost?

But the pictures seem to be very good quality if they are just camera pics.

It could be that some of the pics posted here are actually prints of the original image that have been scanned

How much would you say having one of the faces of the Imams printed on a shirt would cost?

not too sure, my cousin was talking about this, from what I recall -

t-shirt print is around £10-15

jumper print is around £20-25

so not very cheap.

actually, here is a site that offers the service, for not too expensive

http://www.vistaprint.co.uk/gallery/IAwAAAABAAEAAAA=/short-sleeve.aspx?ad=exact&mk=t+shirt+printing&GPS=2301469560&GNF=0&GPLSID=&rd=2

but you don't want something that will wash away after a month, I would do a little research on the quality before you go ahead

(bismillah)

I don't have any recent art of my own. But a really good friend of mine does. Its a different type of art though, [photography] and one drawing.

Anyway here you all have it:

post-52413-0-93885900-1331595396_thumb.j

post-52413-0-01387600-1331595412_thumb.j

A surrealistic drawing she made. Can you interpret the message behind it?

post-52413-0-09362800-1331596151_thumb.j

Edited by jannahismygoal

(bismillah)

I don't have any recent art of my own. But a really good friend of mine does. Its a different type of art though, [photography] and one drawing.

Anyway here you all have it:

post-52413-0-93885900-1331595396_thumb.j

post-52413-0-01387600-1331595412_thumb.j

A surrealistic drawing she made. Can you interpret the message behind it?

Very nice MashAllah :) I especially love the hand photograph!

I think her picture means that the world is tempting like an apple (Adam and Eve (as)) but the way to paradise is to avoid its temptation and deception and focus on the right path. I don't know what the other symbols in it mean though like the little trees and that rock in the shadow...

Very nice MashAllah :) I especially love the hand photograph!

I think her picture means that the world is tempting like an apple (Adam and Eve (as)) but the way to paradise is to avoid its temptation and deception and focus on the right path. I don't know what the other symbols in it mean though like the little trees and that rock in the shadow...

Very close guess! I will await some more responses....(if any) then I will post the accurate meaning. :) Edited by hameedeh
Removing user name due to privacy concerns.

This is really good mashallah. What's the technical issue with it? I don't see it...it looks perfect.

Post more of your artwork, they are beautiful!!

Thank you :)

Just a couple of nit picky details in perspective and some other things I'd like to change. Also, after I drew this, I read the story of Fatima bint Asad (as) and it's different than what the picture shows. "Fatima bint Asad leaned against the wall of the Ka'bah to rest. Miraculously, the wall opened. Fatima bint Asad entered and the wall closed behind her." So instead of the wall crumbling like I showed, it opened and then closed. :donno:

Great work! They look awesome.

Thank you very much Mutah King :)

Very close guess! I will await some more responses....(if any) then I will most the accurate meaning. :)

Okie dokie Edited by hameedeh

Guest Silent Waves

WoOoW mashaallah sis your art is increadibly beautiful :wub:, especially those first attached colored paintings are my favorite, keep up the good work!
I've got a lot of drawings but can't share my art since they're non-islamic, mostly detailed anatomically outlines of the human body or skeleton...well, this one seems decent, no harm in sharing it! It's an old handmade drawing except the pencil on the background is coloured in photoshop.

post-89857-0-75885900-1332615986_thumb.j

Edited by hameedeh