Famous Converts To Shia Islam

43 replies to this topic

#1 hcht

hcht
  • Basic Members
  • 13 posts
  • Religion:Shia

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:56 AM

Over the years there have been many stories of celebrities converting to Islam but all are either to Sunni Islam or sects such as The Nation of Islam.

Recently ex-British Prime Minister Tony Blair's sister-in-law, Lauren Booth announced that she was converting to Shia Islam.

My question to you is what celebrities/famous people have converted to Shia Islam? This can be a football player, politician, journalist or anything like that which converts.

Please let me know.
  • Ishaq-e-Ali likes this

#2 kadhim

kadhim

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,605 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:08 AM

Me. ;)
  • Tima, Praetorius, Saintly_Jinn23 and 2 others like this

#3 AlHamdulillah110

AlHamdulillah110

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Religion:Islam

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:13 AM

Over the years there have been many stories of celebrities converting to Islam but all are either to Sunni Islam or sects such as The Nation of Islam.

Recently ex-British Prime Minister Tony Blair's sister-in-law, Lauren Booth announced that she was converting to Shia Islam.

My question to you is what celebrities/famous people have converted to Shia Islam? This can be a football player, politician, journalist or anything like that which converts.

Please let me know.

mike tyson
dave chapelle (comedian)
michael jacksons brother
shaqeel o'neil
Professor Antony Flew (worlds most famous athesiest now believes in God)
tupac (apparently)
MJ (apparently)
Malcolm x (his grandson converted to shi'ism)
Omar Regan

famous people that stood up for Islam
Will Smith
Snoop Dog
Ben Affleck
montell williams

apparently Akons a somali muslim, so is little wayne, and p diddy

u can find their vids and speeches on youtube, or if you want i can post them to you

Edited by AlHamdulillah110, 21 September 2011 - 10:22 AM.

#4 Replicant

Replicant

You'll Never Walk Alone

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,781 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:19 AM

To be fair, Lauren Booth became famous after turning Muslim, rather than her being someone famous who converted to Islam.
  • Hakimabidallah likes this

#5 JimJam

JimJam

The World for Man, Man for God.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:38 AM

Lauren Booth didnt say shes a Shia

#6 doobybrother

doobybrother

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
  • Religion:Islam, muhib

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:49 AM

Muhammad Ali Jinnah
  • Hussien likes this

#7 Aly ReZa

Aly ReZa

AGAINST UNITY

• Banned
  • 2,225 posts
  • Religion:shia

Posted 21 September 2011 - 11:04 AM

Aly reza the rising star.
Lol

#8 Grimmjow

Grimmjow

神の僕

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 199 posts
  • Religion:ßåíÚÕ
  • Interests:Logic

Posted 21 September 2011 - 11:05 AM

Shia Labeouf
  • Gepetto_Zapata likes this

#9 Replicant

Replicant

You'll Never Walk Alone

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,781 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 11:27 AM

I think she is. At Al Quds Day in London, she kept getting everyone to recite Salawat during her speech. Sunnis don't do that usually.
Also, the fact that she had her experience at Bibi Masooma's (as) shrine must have made her research who Bibi Masooma (as) was.
I think she also took her shahada at the Islamic Centre of England (a Shia mosque).

God knows best.
  • Kamranistan likes this

#10 Saintly_Jinn23

Saintly_Jinn23

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,746 posts
  • Religion:Shi'a Islam (Ithna Asheri)
  • Interests:Mariology, Taoism, Kabbalah, Sufism/Irfan, politics, Ahlul Bayt

Posted 21 September 2011 - 12:42 PM

Do we know if Malcolm X became a Shia or not?

#11 Kamranistan

Kamranistan

Our words are immortal

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,576 posts
  • Religion:Trying to be Shi'a

Posted 21 September 2011 - 12:59 PM

I think she is. At Al Quds Day in London, she kept getting everyone to recite Salawat during her speech. Sunnis don't do that usually.
Also, the fact that she had her experience at Bibi Masooma's (as) shrine must have made her research who Bibi Masooma (as) was.
I think she also took her shahada at the Islamic Centre of England (a Shia mosque).

God knows best.

Yeah I was there as well, good speech by her btw, alhamdhulilah..

#12 Philip

Philip

Horselover

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:13 PM

I'm pretty sure .. Got a gut feeling that many if not all of the celebraties mentioned above will/would be ahl albayt advocates if they'd know the suppressed and covered-up history of the prophetic lineage. And Allah knows .. Maybe some of them are related to ahl bayt without knowing it. Allahu Aalam

May Allah convert the whole world to His Truth

(salam)
  • hameedeh likes this

#13 AlHamdulillah110

AlHamdulillah110

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:22 PM

she is a shia, i watched her interview on AhlulBayt tv, and she became a shia after visiting the shrine of Bibi Masuma Qom

Do we know if Malcolm X became a Shia or not?

no but his grandsons a shia

#14 Gepetto_Zapata

Gepetto_Zapata

• Banned
  • 1,911 posts
  • Religion:Humanity
  • Interests:Riba is haraam...

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:58 PM

she is a shia, i watched her interview on AhlulBayt tv, and she became a shia after visiting the shrine of Bibi Masuma Qom no but his grandsons a shia

Who sais his grandsons are Shia?

#15 ImAli

ImAli

One Eyed Esther

• Banned
  • 6,369 posts
  • Religion:Reptilianism
  • Interests:Time travel, pet jinn, shapeshifting, being a zionist spy from a bad cult, Misguiding people

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:53 PM

she is a shia, i watched her interview on AhlulBayt tv, and she became a shia after visiting the shrine of Bibi Masuma Qom

no but his grandsons a shia

Who sais his grandsons are Shia?

Close to where I live used to be crawling with Nation of Islam....most of them have converted to wahabi

#16 Devotee

Devotee

I'm the guy y'all call 'bro'

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Religion:ÇáÌÚÝÑí

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:00 PM

God knows best.

That is correct. It was the Islamic Centre in Maida Vale (London). She has contact with scholarly people of the Shia community, I know this because we have mutual friends.

Some famous converts acknowledge and respect Shia path (I can only think of one example right now lol). There was a tiff on the internet a couple of months back, where of a spoken-word hip hop poetry group 'Poetic Pilgrimage' - Muneera and Sakina, condemned the abuse on a fellow Shia Muslim poet. This Poet was not allowed to participate in a particular event simply due to the fact that the individual was a Shia Muslim. I was absolutely disgusted when I found out, and the two converts sisters even more so.

Anyway, I think there are alot more followers of Ahlulbayt (as) who are famous, we just don't know it yet...

Edited by Devotee, 21 September 2011 - 07:01 PM.

#17 abbas110

abbas110

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:03 AM

can a builder be a master builder from day one? can a football player be a star player right from the early days of his career?
Similarly school of Shiasm, which is the original and by far the the most beautiful and logical interpretion of Islam, very rarely opens its door to somebody from day one.

Edited by abbas110, 22 September 2011 - 12:04 AM.

• Ali-Mohammed and Rasul like this

#18 SlaveOfAllah14

SlaveOfAllah14

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Interests:Religion, science, creation

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:11 AM

Muhammad Al tijani (ex sunni scholar)
Sheikh Jihad (ex sunni scholar)

#19 habib e najjaar

habib e najjaar

~Alamulhudaa~

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:01 AM

I suppose where somebody comes from would affect whether or not they are famous. Some people are famous in their towns, circles, but you wouldn't exactly find them all over google. :donno:

In my area, a very famous and top ranking shafi3i scholar and his sons became shia ithna3shari alhamdulillah.. the reaction was, as expected, pretty loud (on the pulpits.. for years)
Say a Fatiha please for the late Sharif Alwy al Husayni (Jamalallayl) and his son the late Sayyid Husayn Alwy al Husayni.

(wasalam)
  • hameedeh likes this

#20 Blissful

Blissful

Sum quod eris; fui quod es.

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,089 posts
  • Interests:ÚÔÞ

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:25 AM

Muhammad Al tijani (ex sunni scholar)
Sheikh Jihad (ex sunni scholar)

Sheikh Jehad was Sunni? :mellow:

#21 Gepetto_Zapata

Gepetto_Zapata

• Banned
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:54 AM

Close to where I live used to be crawling with Nation of Islam....most of them have converted to wahabi

Of course, as expected... Then why would people be getting the idea that his grandsons have turned to Shiaism, I searched online for the news... Nothing... One of my favourites, is the Abdul-Baset Abdul-Samad myth... I hate Shia propaganda... God knows best anyways...

What next, we're going to start saying Neil Armstrong heard Ali Walliyyu Allah when they go to Mars then reverted to Shiaism after he was sunnified post the moon incident?!?
  • ImAli likes this

#22 habib e najjaar

habib e najjaar

~Alamulhudaa~

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:10 AM

What next, we're going to start saying Neil Armstrong heard Ali Walliyyu Allah when they go to Mars then reverted to Shiaism after he was sunnified post the moon incident?!?

:o are you saying he did not hear that? :o

:mellow: dont forget yusuf qardhawi and his son turning shia, as well as habib ali al jifry ;)
  • Rasul and ImAli like this

#23 macisaac

macisaac

واقفي

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,701 posts
  • Religion:الإسلام
  • Interests:Loving my Queen

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:02 AM

Of course, as expected... Then why would people be getting the idea that his grandsons have turned to Shiaism, I searched online for the news... Nothing... One of my favourites, is the Abdul-Baset Abdul-Samad myth... I hate Shia propaganda... God knows best anyways...

Actually this one is true, though it's a grandson that has accepted Shi`ism, not grandsons (I think the poster just neglected to by a ' before the s). Malcolm Shabbazz, his eldest grandson, converted to be a Shi`a while he was in jail.

But it was during his time in Attica that he met another prisoner — half Mexican, half Iranian — who identified himself as a Shia Muslim. "He asked me 'Are you in a lie? Or are you a real Muslim?' " Shabazz recalled. He answered that he was a real Muslim. "He gave me reading materials to read in my cell."

According to Shabazz, this was the man who discussed and poured over religious texts with him during their time together, and the one who inspired him to convert from the Sunni sect to Shia.

"I was raised a Sunni, everyone in my family was Sunni," he said. There is much antagonism between the two sects, so his conversion caused a backlash akin to when his grandfather left the Nation of Islam in 1964 and declared himself a Sunni, which let to his assassination the following year.

When word spread of Shabazz's conversion, various Sunni leaders and community members expressed their discomfort with what he had done. He explained that many people wrote to him asking him, "How could you become a Shia?"

http://www.sfbg.com/...joining-journey
  • hameedeh likes this

#24 Gepetto_Zapata

Gepetto_Zapata

• Banned
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:32 AM

Actually this one is true, though it's a grandson that has accepted Shi`ism, not grandsons (I think the poster just neglected to by a ' before the s). Malcolm Shabbazz, his eldest grandson, converted to be a Shi`a while he was in jail.

http://www.sfbg.com/...joining-journey

Mac, thanks... Very nice article...

:o are you saying he did not hear that? :o

:mellow: dont forget yusuf qardhawi and his son turning shia, as well as habib ali al jifry ;)

He didn't hear anything, in fact, sound waves can't propagate in empty space, in the void of space, even if an explosion occurs in front of you, you wouldn't hear it... Forget "Star Trek" and "Star Wars".

About Yusuf Qardhawi and Habib Al Jafri... Proof or gerr out! I still see Yusuf Qardawi babbling a lot on Al-Jazeera, I directly change the channel, if he had converted they would not bring him for interviews anymore, trust me... He was on a couple of nights back as I recall...

#25 hcht

hcht
  • Basic Members
  • 13 posts
  • Religion:Shia

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:07 AM

So basically other then Lauren Booth and Malcolm X's grandson no famous people have converted to Islam. I know the word famous can be used in many ways but I was meaning someone that is known globally.

I know Wayne Parnell, a South African Cricketer converted to Islam recently but unsure if it was Sunni or Shia Islam.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users