Shia_Debater

Making Dua For Each Other

Rate this topic

Please make Dua for my father, he wishes to go to Pakistan for just 1 week to visit the parents he hasn't seen in 6 years. But he needs his citizenship to return and the process is taking a long time, and it might not be completed before the end of summer, which is the best time. 

In the name of the Almighty

Salam

According to the Qur'anic verses, dua is such a thing which is accepted by Allah sabhanah. For example, Jacob a.s, the father of Yusof a.s, prayed for his guilty sons.

Surah Yusuf, Verse 97:
قَالُوا يَا أَبَانَا اسْتَغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا إِنَّا كُنَّا خَاطِئِينَ

They said: O our father! ask forgiveness of our faults for us, surely we were sinners.

Surah Yusuf, Verse 98:
قَالَ سَوْفَ أَسْتَغْفِرُ لَكُمْ رَبِّي إِنَّهُ هُوَ الْغَفُورُ الرَّحِيمُ

He said: I will ask for you forgiveness from my Lord; surely He is the Forgiving, the Merciful.
(English - Shakir)

via iQuran

If we look further we can find such verses. Afetr Qazva Ohod this verse revealed.

Surah Aal-e-Imran, Verse 159:
فَبِمَا رَحْمَةٍ مِّنَ اللَّهِ لِنتَ لَهُمْ وَلَوْ كُنتَ فَظًّا غَلِيظَ الْقَلْبِ لَانفَضُّوا مِنْ حَوْلِكَ فَاعْفُ عَنْهُمْ وَاسْتَغْفِرْ لَهُمْ وَشَاوِرْهُمْ فِي الْأَمْرِ فَإِذَا عَزَمْتَ فَتَوَكَّلْ عَلَى اللَّهِ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يُحِبُّ الْمُتَوَكِّلِينَ

Thus it is due to mercy from Allah that you deal with them gently, and had you been rough, hard hearted, they would certainly have dispersed from around you; pardon them therefore and ask pardon for them, and take counsel with them in the affair; so when you have decided, then place your trust in Allah; surely Allah loves those who trust.
(English - Shakir)

via iQuran

Here Allah sobhanah calls the holy Prophet up to pray for believers.

Somewhere else He again orders the Prophet of merci to perform dua for believers and regard this as a relief to them.

Surah At-Taubah, Verse 103:
خُذْ مِنْ أَمْوَالِهِمْ صَدَقَةً تُطَهِّرُهُمْ وَتُزَكِّيهِم بِهَا وَصَلِّ عَلَيْهِمْ إِنَّ صَلَاتَكَ سَكَنٌ لَّهُمْ وَاللَّهُ سَمِيعٌ عَلِيمٌ

Take alms out of their property, you would cleanse them and purify them thereby, and pray for them; surely your prayer is a relief to them; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing.
(English - Shakir)

via iQuran

Thus, dua is a good deed an Islamic action.

وفقکم الله ان شاء الله

I have an exam coming next week. I also feel hurt from something stupid. Pray all goes well. I am going to the exam with 100%. It's worth 30%. So all I need is over 66% and I get A+. Please pray I don't royally fail or anything.

Salam,

I am currently going through an extremely difficult situation regarding my health. I wanted to say if anyone is near the shrines of the masoomen (as), like imam Husayn(as) or imam Musa al Kadhim (as) or any of the masoomeen(as), to do dua and do tawassul to them on my behalf, if they had the chance to visit them these days.. My situation seems kind of hopeless with the doctors, so I want to resort to the intercession of the Ahlul bayt(as), so Allah (swt) can give me relief.

If there is anyone, then please pm me so I can give you details. Also, I would also appreciate if the members who see this, also remember me in their prayers. 

I will remember all of you in my prayers as well.

Thanks. 

Edited by The Light

On 2/17/2013 at 0:26 AM, Muslimah36 said:

(salam) I will pray for you all Inshaallah :) Plz pray for me that I will pass my driving test this year, and also visit Iran again too...Inshaallah I really hope all your duas will be accepted...Ya Allah !

Salam, pls I need financial brake thru, pray for me. And if there's any special prayer I can be doing in respect of that, pls let me know.

Salam. A relative of mine is at the airport and the weather is raining. Please make a dua for her safe trip. 

EDIT:

Thanks for the duas. She arrived safely, alhamdulillah. :) 

Edited by hameedeh
To add EDIT.

I got a great dua for all of us. A dua for all of us to go for ziyarah at least once in our lives. This also extends to all the converts we have here. It'll be beneficial to them and as well as ourselves. 

*squeak*

@everyone Thank you for your duas. Would you like to share this Dua topic with others? This image shows some ways that you can share it:

Share SC.jpg

These social media icons should be at the bottom of the page. Click on the one you want to use.