Basim Ali

Online English Shia Books [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Rate this topic

250 posts in this topic

[Mod Note: Sorry for broken links, which will be repaired as time permits, InShaAllah. Some files that do not work are found in later posts as regular links to online books. Links to al-islam.org website will lead you to PDF, MOBI, and EPUB books. Some posts in this topic are to articles or small booklets which you can print.]

:bismillah:

Since everyone's been asking for e-books [and articles] on a lot of threads lately, I've decided to put them all in one place.

Tawhid

Islam and the Shi'ite Creed (Usool al-Deen)

Shia-Sunni Dialogue

Inter-Religion Dialogue

Islamic History

Prophets of Islam [صلى الله عليه واله وسلم] and Prophethood

Acknowledgements: sisters Hameedeh, SpIzo, _Naz and several others. Thank you so much for helping me collect the links.

VERSES OF GHADIR.doc

Al Hadith al Qudsi.doc

Fascinating Discourses of the 14 Infallibles.doc

Who is the Law-Maker?.doc

Rasul, Gypsy, Ethics and 30 others like this

(bismillah)
(salam)

Dear brothers and sisters,

Some brothers have been gathering PDF files and adding them to the DropBox, to which I put the link in my signature. Many of the books were found around the internet on websites such as GoalofLife, IslamicMobility, etc. However, many of the books were also hand-converted from HTML format into PDF format and cannot really be found elsewhere on the internet.
The most recently converted book was The Life of Muhammad (saws) by Baqir Shareef al-Qureshi ÑÍãå Çááøå.

https://www.dropbox....mmad (saws).pdf

Since more and more books are going to be added bi ithn Allah, I thought it best to make a topic that will post updates as to which new books were added to the DropBox.

In the meantime, please share the link with others so that we all may benefit and increase in our knowledge.

https://www.dropbox....72jv/_NEQCVTCXy

The volunteers working on this project are looking to make the books available to all the world. Many ideas have been put forth, such as:

- Creating a Wordpress Blog (+Newsletter: in order to keep everyone updated) in which the books will be on display like on Sister Hameedeh's profile: 

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/profile/66196-hameedeh/?tab=field_core_pfield_17

- Keeping the DropBox page (which isn’t the most efficient)
- Implementing the books with al-islam.org (this needs at least a few weeks to even become a possibility)
- etc...

The goal is to make all the books available to everyone (even non muslim) and findable on google so all the world can have access to the true religion of Islam, in ONE place, in many formats (but especially PDFs).
If you have any suggestions, you are more than welcome to let us know, as well as if anyone has any PDFs that they didn't find in the DropBox, feel free to pass the link to contribute.

Fi aman Allah

Note: If links above do not work, go to the website: http://islamiclib.wordpress.com 

Just downloaded the file. It was 707 mb and contained a little over 563 files. Some of the files were like 1-5 page mini summaries on a topic thought majority were books.

Edited by Repentant

(bismillah)

(salam)

The DropBox link with all of the Islamic books in PDF was updated and organized, and a second folder was made, which has essentially the same content, but with the books having their title followed by the author, opposite to how it previously was (with the author preceding the title).

Here is the new link:

https://www.dropbox....up0f/0T-j-DKSl2

And the old link will also be updated along with the new one, which is:

http://db.tt/Hj9gPurz

Around 50 or so PDFs were added to the folders as well.

Fi aman Allah

Edited by AlAbd AlThaleel
BaqiyatullahY likes this

Brother your amazing!

Lol brother I'm merely a messenger :P. The ones doing the work are amazing, I'm more of a spokesman. :)

Is pureethics a brother?? For some reasons, I always thought him to be a sister...!

Anyway, good work brother AlAbd AlThaleel, we'll all benefit from it, inshaAllah.

Is pureethics a brother?? For some reasons, I always thought him to be a sister...!

Anyway, good work brother AlAbd AlThaleel, we'll all benefit from it, inshaAllah.

Hey bro lol, really do I sound like a girl on the Internet? Didn't you see my sex on my profile? Haha

Inquisitor and AlAbd AlThaleel like this

God your amazing keep up the good work. I have to buy an iPad or a harddrive and download it all. If there is a way to seperate the "political" books from the rest, it would be good please.

Ali Musaaa :) likes this

Umm question: what happens to copyrights of the books that your transfering to pdfs? Just wondering if you've taken permission from every author/ publisher to do all this & are you making all these books available for free?

Giving books away for free is very devalueing to that book and the hard work spent on it - its great that your making such a website but atleast have them priced (even if for a small amount and maybe use that money for something productive e.g orphans) & ofcourse copyrighted

Umm question: what happens to copyrights of the books that your transfering to pdfs? Just wondering if you've taken permission from every author/ publisher to do all this & are you making all these books available for free?

I would think these authors will def. give their books for free. After all they are from the school of Sadiq A.S

Giving books away for free is very devalueing to that book and the hard work spent on it - its great that your making such a website but atleast have them priced (even if for a small amount and maybe use that money for something productive e.g orphans) & ofcourse copyrighted

(salam)

For the most part, the PDFs that are added are PDFs that were already readily available for download on the internet, or bodies of text freely available in HTML format. They weren't books that were in hard-copy and then were scanned or something, unless the PDF was found like that on the internet. Thank you for the concern though.

wAllahu a'lam