Sign in to follow this  
Ruq

[LAWS]'sexual Intercourse' And Janabat

Rate this topic

Salams,

I read on Sistani's site that Ghusl is required after 'sexual intercourse' and for men when they discharge semen. But i also read that Islamically 'sexual intercourse' is defined as when the glands of the male enter the lady from the front ladies place (i mean vagina when i say that) or the bottom. Does this mean that if a woman masturbates her husband with her hand or something other than her lady place or bottom then she is not in janabat?

thanks for contributions.

Does this mean that if a woman masturbates her husband with her hand or something other than her lady place or bottom then she is not in janabat?

Salam,

I guess not, but, the principle of 'compulsory precaution' would come into play.

Salam,

I guess not, but, the principle of 'compulsory precaution' would come into play.

So it would be mustahab to ghusl but not wajib?

So it would be mustahab to ghusl but not wajib?

Precaution would b wajib. If seman touches the lady's body and also maybe the lady releases her own fluids in the process :huh:

No, there's no ghusl janaba for that.

So semen touching or entering her body in another way (im refering to the mouth here) does not require ghusl?? is this your personal opinion or is this a common ruling?

Precaution would b wajib. If seman touches the lady's body and also maybe the lady releases her own fluids in the process :huh:

Stop making things up. There's no such thing that ghusl janaba becomes wajib on the woman for doing such an act to her spouse. Ghusl janaba is only wajib from sexual intercourse (penetration to the point of circumcision, with or without ejaculation) or actual ejaculation (with or without intercourse). There's nothing about getting semen on you and such other than having to wash it off to get that area tahir.

So semen touching or entering her body in another way (im refering to the mouth here) does not require ghusl?? is this your personal opinion or is this a common ruling?

No, it would not require ghusl for her. Though semen is najis so she'd need to careful to remove it (and certainly not ingest it). I'm not giving my personal opinion, this would be the common ruling.

Stop making things up. There's no such thing that ghusl janaba becomes wajib on the woman for doing such an act to her spouse. Ghusl janaba is only wajib from sexual intercourse (penetration to the point of circumcision, with or without ejaculation) or actual ejaculation (with or without intercourse). There's nothing about getting semen on you and such other than having to wash it off to get that area tahir.

No, it would not require ghusl for her. Though semen is najis so she'd need to careful to remove it (and certainly not ingest it). I'm not giving my personal opinion, this would be the common ruling.

Ok ty for this information, i sent you PM before i saw your updated reply! so no need to reply =)

Salam,

Ok, sorry.

And what is the ruling for a woman who, to employ common parlance, comes, without the actual penetration? I understand that ejaculation for men requires ghusl; but is ghusl janabat wajib in the case of a woman as described?

And what is the ruling for a woman who, to employ common parlance, comes, without the actual penetration? I understand that ejaculation for men requires ghusl; but is ghusl janabat wajib in the case of a woman as described?

Ghusl would also be wajib in this case. If the "coming" is associated with lust and a feeling of the weakening of the body then it is considered orgasm.

Ghusl would also be wajib in this case. If the "coming" is associated with lust and a feeling of the weakening of the body then it is considered orgasm.

Yes, I meant female orgasm. So, is ghusl wajib in this case even without penetration?

Yes, I meant female orgasm. So, is ghusl wajib in this case even without penetration?

Yes, if the two conditions I mentioned above are satisfied (lust and weakening).

Any references would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sayed Khamenei:

Q 170: In respect of women’s nocturnal emission, when does ghusl become obligatory for them? Is the discharge that comes out at the time of caressing and foreplay considered manī? And is it obligatory for them to perform ghusl despite the fact that they do not have an orgasm or do not feel weakness in the body? In general, when do women become junub without intercourse?

A: When a woman reaches orgasm and a fluid is discharged from her, she becomes junub and ghusl of janābah becomes obligatory for her. But if she doubts whether she reached such a stage or not or whether the discharge came out or not, ghusl would not be obligatory for her.

Source: http://www.leader.ir/tree/index.php?catid=23 under Purity > Rules of the Ghusl of Janabah

Sayed Sistani:

Question: Does a woman enter the state of Janabah, if she reaches orgasm without penetration?

Answer: Yes, she enters the state of janabah and she must perform ghusl.

Question: When does a man or a woman get Jonub?

Answer: A person enters the state of Janabat in two ways:

1- Sexual intercourse

2 - Discharge of semen, while sleeping or when awake, little or more, with lust or otherwise, voluntarily or involuntarily.

When one cannot ascertain whether the fluid emitted from one's body is semen, urine or something else, it will be treated as semen if it is thrown out with lust and if the body is slackened. If all or some of these signs are not present the fluid will not be treated as semen. In the case of illness, the fluid may not come out with sudden swiftness and the body may not slacken; but if the emission takes place with lust, it will be treated as semen.

Source: http://sistani.org/local.php?modules=nav&nid=5&cid=510

Hadith:

[1886] Ü æÚä ãÍãÏ Èä íÍíì ¡ Úä ÃÍãÏ Èä ãÍãÏ ¡ Úä ãÍãÏ Èä ÅÓãÇÚíá Èä ÈÒíÚ ÞÇá : ÓÃáÊ ÇáÑÖÇ ( Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã ) Úä ÇáÑÌá íÌÇãÚ ÇáãÑÃÉ ÝíãÇ Ïæä ÇáÝÑÌ æÊäÒá ÇáãÑÃÉ åá ÚáíåÇ ÛÓá ¿ ÞÇá : äÚã.

And from Muhammad bin Yahya, from Ahmad bin Muhammad, from Muhammad bin Bazi', who said: "I asked Imam al-Ridha about the man if he has sex with a woman without the vagina, and the woman ejaculates, does she have to do ghusl?" He said: "Yes."

Source: Wasa'il Al-Shi'a. Volume 2. Chapters of Janabah. Chapter of the wujub of ghusl due to ejaculation of a man or woman whether awake or asleep... http://www.alseraj.net/a-k/hadith/wasael-2/was2010.html#138

I THINK YOU SHOULD STOP HERE, EATING NAJIS IS HARAM...WHAT THE HELL R U SAYING..BEHAVE LIKE MUSLIMS.....

I THINK YOU SHOULD STOP HERE, EATING NAJIS IS HARAM...WHAT THE HELL R U SAYING..BEHAVE LIKE MUSLIMS.....

I think you should take your own advice. When speaking to a sister behave like a Muslim and speak respectfully. You're right that it is haram to eat najis things but only if you swallow it.