Sign in to follow this  
turned_down

Uae Work Visa Policy For Shias

AA,

Wanted to know if anybody has any knowledge of UAE Work Visa Policy for Shias (Pakistani shias in particular). I recently was offered a job in Dubai but when filled a "Security Clearance" Form, i put in Shia under sect and was turned down. Has this happened to anybody else???

Turned_Down

Edited by turned_down

AA,

Wanted to know if anybody has any knowledge of UAE Work Visa Policy for Shias (Pakistani shias in particular). I recently was offered a job in Dubai but when filled a "Security Clearance" Form, i put in Shia under sect and was turned down. Has this happened to anybody else???

Turned_Down

UAE may be different to even more authoritarian states in the region, but the experience of family members working in the latter countries is that those who worked there for the longest, with least hassle, were the ones who were best able to hide their Shia identity, whether because of their names; their ability to pray the wrong way or even because they had the temperament not to give into temptation and sound off.

Given the changes taking place, I guess applying to the UAE would now require playing to the same rules. Though knowing a little about the place, I think your chances with career prospects would be improved if you listed your religion in any future application as Hindu.

No problem for shias in dubai for work visa. My brother my two uncles and my 2 cousins are in dubai on work visa they dont have any problem there, they go to the imambargah to offer prayer there no problem brother just go and make your career there, best of luck.

No problem with the names My brother name is fida hussain and my cusions name is Ghulam Abbas and they there since five years no problem yet.

Brother the produre to get work visa here is so simple just send your pasport photo copies and pic of your with three lak rupies to the person who is already working there and he submit your document with fee. He has no need to fil the form just give the document with fee to the concern deportment and the deptment fil it on the basis of document.

Salam

I worked in UAE for 5 years from 2006 to 2010 without anyone asking me if I was a shia or not.

Then came to UK and re-applied to UAE in May/June 2013 to Etisalat in Abu Dhabi.

They offered, I accepted.

Then sent them all my paperwork required to process the application and visa.

Then they asked em to fill in an "Internal Form" that asked for "religion" and then "sect"

I filled in Muslims and Jaffriya (as that was the option for shias)

Next hour received an email saying "Due to internal issues we cant progress with your visa application. Best of luck for future"

Have all the correspondance saved in my emails.

Regards

M.

They are deporting shias day in and day out- they are very particular about it..I personally know active imambargah volunteers who went to renew their visas and immigration told them "sorry but you know why we can't renew it,(making it very very obvious)..please leave the country thankyou" its happening a lot more over the past 2 or more years, so you would want to be careful of telling them that you are shia.

I was selected for working in ADNOC and they sent me the Visa form which had asked the question of Shia or Sunni? I wrote Shia and within a week they rejected my application. They are not telling any reason. Company HR says that PRO has just told it is rejected. Nothing less or more. I doubt what the reason is. Can anyone guide.

Sultanate of Oman is paying same salary as of UAE, and in Oman you need not to worry for worship too. There rules are simple and they don't care of Shia Sunni. Also there is no objection if you are doing party in late night with friends. Oman is good so far.

o heloo bro about whom you are talking these all are the xxxx mavia's lines. recently today they cancel my visa due to have name of sayed and ali they are saying our system is not taking you. first you have to change the name after that we will embrace you . after that there are many people which are in UAE from last some time they are working they have no complain but yet they prove that what they are..

Dear Brother, 

I worked in Abu Dhabi for 33 years in oil and gas sector. one day in my office I received a call introducing some one as calling from immigration, who cross questioned me about my brothers names, where do I pray, if I am shia or sunni ( on my security clearance form I always mentioned as sunni),

Then during the following leave I received a call from my our HR office asking me to report to the HR office, upon reporting to HR I was told that as per a list received from the government I have leave the country with in a week, no reasons were mentioned. The company terminated me with few others and they took us to police station to cancel our visas and took our eye scan and imposed a ban for re-entering and I left the country with my family on urgent basis, we disposed off our belongings like rubbish.

I can not say exactly what was the cause of above but assume that it could be the sect.

Best regards

On 4/24/2016 at 6:34 PM, zasyed318 said:

Dear Brother, 

I worked in Abu Dhabi for 33 years in oil and gas sector. one day in my office I received a call introducing some one as calling from immigration, who cross questioned me about my brothers names, where do I pray, if I am shia or sunni ( on my security clearance form I always mentioned as sunni),

Then during the following leave I received a call from my our HR office asking me to report to the HR office, upon reporting to HR I was told that as per a list received from the government I have leave the country with in a week, no reasons were mentioned. The company terminated me with few others and they took us to police station to cancel our visas and took our eye scan and imposed a ban for re-entering and I left the country with my family on urgent basis, we disposed off our belongings like rubbish.

I can not say exactly what was the cause of above but assume that it could be the sect.

Best regards

The others who were terminated along with you, were they Shias? 

Even if you are not Shia, they are mass laying off people working in the oil or petroleum sector. The best thing happening from cheap oil is that the middle eastern countries/states no longer having huge amount of revenue to justify massive expats in state own industry.