Nizari

Aga Khan and His Family

So what does your religion (ie your farmans) say about muta and the other matter. I presume neutral sage got that excerpt from the unofficial site.

Is Sachedina (true religion) a mystic pir appointed by your imam ?

You guys ever hear about this? Apparently it seems not too long ago the Agha Khan filed a lawsuit against two of his own followers in a Canadian court. The "crime"? They were publishing his pronouncements so he put this forward as copyright infringement...

http://www.ismailipages.com/328-aga-khan-files-copyright-lawsuit-in-canadian-federal-court.html

I mean, seriously?! Suing his own followers in a kafir court run by non-Islamic law for publishing what would essentially be for the Isma`ilis "hadith"??? My surprise that anyone can take this guy and his racket of a religion seriously only increases.

(salam)

The more I learn about this guy, the more I'm glad that we have 12 infallible and true Imams that we can follow!

So what does your religion (ie your farmans) say about muta and the other matter. I presume neutral sage got that excerpt from the unofficial site.

Is Sachedina (true religion) a mystic pir appointed by your imam ?

(salam)

Can you please give me a brief overview on the meaning of Muta as I am not familiar of the word. I am one of the 82% of Muslims who don't speak Arabic (as of yet!)! :)

I don't quite understand your second question either, please also expand on what you are intending to ask.

Thanks and sorry I couldn't really help your understanding on these matters yet,

(wasalam)

(salam)

Can you please give me a brief overview on the meaning of Muta as I am not familiar of the word. I am one of the 82% of Muslims who don't speak Arabic (as of yet!)! :)

I don't quite understand your second question either, please also expand on what you are intending to ask.

Thanks and sorry I couldn't really help your understanding on these matters yet,

(wasalam)

The Sachedina mentioned in the lawsuit that was discussed.

Muta , Macissac might be able to do a better job of explaining.

Edited by gonabadi

The Sachedina mentioned in the lawsuit that was discussed.

Muta , Macissac might be able to do a better job of explaining.

"Is Sachedina (true religion) a mystic pir appointed by your imam ?"

So you are referring to the defender in the lawsuit? No, he is just another member of the Jamat. There are no Pirs in the current generation (that I know) except the Imam. The Imam takes both roles in this age, so there is no need for a Pir otherwise. Pirs were mainly needed to deliver messages, or were sincere devout believers. Now a days, it is almost impossible to find a sincere devout believer - no matter how hard we try we will always be able to try harder.

"Muta , Macissac might be able to do a better job of explaining."

I still am unsure and I was hoping you might be able to post an explaination. I tried googling the word "Macissac" and didn't get many helpful results except for an Irish Kilt Making company lol...

I tried looking up the word "Muta" and came up with "Nikāḥ al-Mut‘ah" on Wikipedia. After a quick skim-read, I would say that Ismaili islam would reject the idea of a fix-termed marriage which is renewed. We perform NIkah ceremonies as well, and also sign contracts, but I don't believe they expire. If I have made a wrong interpretation on the word Muta, please enhance my answer by expalining the correct meaning of the word so I don't have to rely on Wikipedia as a primary source.

Hope this helps,

Khuda Hafiz

(wasalam)

Nasb against any of the Imams, whether coming from a Wahhabi dog or an Isma`ili deviant is not tolerated on this forum.

Member banned.

Salam alaykum,We apologize for his views.All of our du'u''at debated jafariyah 12er in a scholarly manner.in fact our bohra school and the 12er school have Great Affinity.

I'm new to this forum. I wish to compliment the editors of Shia chat for keeping the discourse open and respectful. As an Ismaili Muslim, it is very difficult to get past most people's perception of the Aga Khan as portrayed by the Western media. I would simply like to make a couple of points. On a personal level being born into the Ismail faith was in no way enough for me to accept the faith. It's not an easy path to follow. Suffice it to say, that we are not a bunch of idiots that blindly accept anything without questioning it deeply. We are amongst the most well educated Muslims and are also privy to the same misinformation that you all see in the press, the pictures, the sheer hatred and mockery of many from the Sunni and the Shiahs as well. Our approach to our beliefs stem from the very earliest of the Holy Prophets words that we were to seek knowledge where so ever we find it, Our Imams throughout history emphasise that we must use our unique God given gift of the intellect (aql) in every way possible. There is much more I can say about this, but onto my second point. I see much criticism on how we practice our faith and that they don't conform to your standards I won't waste time justifying this but here is how I see it: when I see believers in other faiths rejoicing in their faith, Christians singing their beautiful hymns ( or being played by a loud rock band for that matter) Buddhists deep in meditation etc etc I don't sit here and think how wrong they are. I see it and rejoice in my heart with them. They are deep in worship of the same God we believe in. In the end it's not ever about the rituals, my brothers and sisters, it's all about the result. Ya Ali Madat.

I'm new to this forum. I wish to compliment the editors of Shia chat for keeping the discourse open and respectful. As an Ismaili Muslim, it is very difficult to get past most people's perception of the Aga Khan as portrayed by the Western media. I would simply like to make a couple of points. On a personal level being born into the Ismail faith was in no way enough for me to accept the faith. It's not an easy path to follow. Suffice it to say, that we are not a bunch of idiots that blindly accept anything without questioning it deeply. We are amongst the most well educated Muslims and are also privy to the same misinformation that you all see in the press, the pictures, the sheer hatred and mockery of many from the Sunni and the Shiahs as well. Our approach to our beliefs stem from the very earliest of the Holy Prophets words that we were to seek knowledge where so ever we find it, Our Imams throughout history emphasise that we must use our unique God given gift of the intellect (aql) in every way possible. There is much more I can say about this, but onto my second point. I see much criticism on how we practice our faith and that they don't conform to your standards I won't waste time justifying this but here is how I see it: when I see believers in other faiths rejoicing in their faith, Christians singing their beautiful hymns ( or being played by a loud rock band for that matter) Buddhists deep in meditation etc etc I don't sit here and think how wrong they are. I see it and rejoice in my heart with them. They are deep in worship of the same God we believe in. In the end it's not ever about the rituals, my brothers and sisters, it's all about the result. Ya Ali Madat.

???

Sometimes I wonder if people do history into there own sect of the people they claim are "Infallible"

Did you know one of your 'infallible' imams once set a date for the day of judgement, and near the date everyone (who believed in this man) showed up to be around this man when it happened (day of judgement) and...guess what....NOTHING HAPPENED.

Now remember people, we are not talking about average scholars here...we are talking about people Ismaili's claim to be INFALLIBLE

Also, lets just forget the whole fact that even when the Prophet was asked to set an exact date for the Day Of Judgement, He said that the knowledge lies with Allah(swt) alone.

So first they claim to be infallible, than they claim that Allah bestwoed them with greater knowledge then the Prophet and they are equal in knowledge to AllahÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì

What I see it as is the following of a personality cult (The Aga Khan who is a Billionaire that owns business who's operations go against the Qur'an <<and this is the infallible Imam that is supposed to be upholding the Qur'an what a joke>>) that attaches itself to Islam to give it some legitimacy when in reality, many of it's teachings including the foundations of the school are in direct contradiction with the Qur'an and the Sunnah.

The way a we as Muslims give authority and presidence to the Qur'an and the Sunnah, The Ismailis do so except instead to the 'Infallible', Billionaire,obviously breaking Qur'an and Sunnah rules/regulations individual known as the Aga Khan

Edited by Glow

Here is a Video of Ismaili 'Imamat' Day Celebrations....

All I can say is wooooooowwwwwwww if anyone can confuse this with Islam.

What add's insult is the fact that people have the audacity to associate this stuff with the religion of Islam

Edited by Glow

My question to Isma'ilis is this: do you seriously consider this Agha Khan the infallible hujja of Allah on Earth?

Just as you consider Imam Ali (as) and further the twelve Imams after, we consider five of your same Imams until Ja'far al-Sadiq (as) and then we accepted Imam Ismail (as) making us Ismailis. The line of Imamat never stopped for us, and so the Imam of the Age would be Imam Karim Al-Husayni.

Of course I respect your views, and all we Ismaili's are asking for is if people on SC could simply respect our views. We are not asking to to adhere to our beleifs, just to simply respect them.

Khuda Hafiz

(wasalam)

???

Sometimes I wonder if people do history into there own sect of the people they claim are "Infallible"

Did you know one of your 'infallible' imams once set a date for the day of judgement, and near the date everyone (who believed in this man) showed up to be around this man when it happened (day of judgement) and...guess what....NOTHING HAPPENED.

Source?

Just as you consider Imam Ali (as) and further the twelve Imams after, we consider five of your same Imams until Ja'far al-Sadiq (as) and then we accepted Imam Ismail (as) making us Ismailis. The line of Imamat never stopped for us, and so the Imam of the Age would be Imam Karim Al-Husayni.

I apologize if I sounded rude but it was a genuine question. So do you consider the current Imam on the same level as the first six? What is the status of the Quran in your view? Is the Imam chosen by Allah or by the previous Imam?

I apologize if I sounded rude but it was a genuine question. So do you consider the current Imam on the same level as the first six? What is the status of the Quran in your view? Is the Imam chosen by Allah or by the previous Imam?

Sorry, I didn't mean to explode at you :)

I wasn't directing my comments to you but to some of the more ignorant people on this website. Sometimes people cannot just accept that people have views beyond their own... and it just bugs me!

Anyways, yes - Ismailis would say the Noor of Allah which was present in Hazrat Ali (as) is in the present Imam (Karim Al-Husayni). The Qur'an has the same viewpoint just as any other Muslim would verify. According to this document published by the Institute of Ismaili Studies,

"As Muslims, the Ismailis affirm the fundamental Islamic testimony of truth, the Shahada, that there is no God but Allah and that Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) is His Messenger. They believe that Muhammad was the last and final Prophet of Allah, and that the Holy Quran, Allah's final message to mankind, was revealed through him. Muslims hold this revelation to be the culmination of the message that had been revealed through other Prophets of the Abrahamic tradition before Muhammad, including Abraham, Moses and Jesus, all of whom Muslims revere as Prophets of Allah. "

You can read the full article here. It is a great start to understanding the beliefs of Ismailis for those who are interested.

I really like your question, "Is the Imam chosen by Allah or by the previous Imam?". I have actually never really thought about it but now that you mention it, I would say by Allah. In fact, I would say it is a gift to the next person who receives the Noor, and it is upon Allah to choose who that may be. Actually now that I think of it, I would say that it would be similar to how the first Imam was appointed. Just as the Prophet (saw) was informed by Allah to appoint the Imam, I think process can be comparable to the line of Imamat. am not certain though, but I will try to find out from someone who has more knowledge on this matter and Inshallah get back to you soon in these regards.

Khuda Hafiz

(wasalam)

Edited by princevisram

I would definately take this as either an insult to Imam Ali (as) or a sign of being delusional!

Did you ever realize, that the Aga Khan is cast shadowed?

He actually got a similarity with a character out of a tv series called Babylon 5, Londo Mollari.

I just found this plain rule. In my views, I feel this is breaching this law on ShiaChat and would like to request you or any other mod to please remove this image. Think of it like me trying to compare Imam Ali (as) to another random Holywood actor.

This image you posted isn't a matter of debate, it is simply disrespectful. Trying to make jokes about others' beliefs is something I would consider disrespectful, isn't it?

People who believe in the validity of the Sharia (obligations, prohibitions ...) until this dunya actually gets destroyed by Allah will never and can never accept your point of view, since it is completely irrational.

My point of view was simply a matter of respect. Respect others. Is that so hard?

[49:12] O you who believe, you shall avoid any suspicion, for even a little bit of suspicion is sinful. You shall not spy on one another, nor shall you backbite one another; this is as abominable as eating the flesh of your dead brother. You certainly abhor this. You shall observe GOD. GOD is Redeemer, Most Merciful.

Here's the quote that has been in my signature since last year, I believe:

"Do you love your creator? Love your fellow-beings first." - Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

And if you truly believe in Sharia you would follow Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) as an example. Was it not true that he treated everyone with respect, even his opponents and enemies? He was kind even to non-Muslims, treating them with respect and showing them sympathy.

It is like the story I posted once on this forum, I will just quote from where I had last posted it:

The Prophet of Allah (pbuh) used to walk everyday along a road and there was a women who would every day throw garbage out the window on him. Because the Prophet (pbuh) was humble, he did not get angry. One day, as he walked along the same path, the women did not throw garbage outside the window; in fact, she did not show up at all. Muhammad (pbuh) asked the neighbour about her who said she was very ill. Muhammad (pbuh) went to her room and she was so ill that she could not get a glass of water. The Prophet (pbuh) gave her a glass of water. She then said, "Oh Prophet of Allah (pbuh) ! I ask forgiveness from you as I have been very unkind" upon which he forgave her.

This is a summary of a story from book three of the Ta'lim Set that I have been taught from. It is from the preschool set actually, and I teach from it now as well.

The Prophet (pbuh) was respectful. Lets simply follow him as our example.

How come all along the ages things were prohibited and other things were obligatory and all of a sudden in the Middle Ages (as the time is commonly known) a "qiyamat" happens which basically nobody appart from some nizaris notice and all of a sudden they don't have to follow the obligations and prohibitions of Islam anymore.

There were actually stages of qiyamat and non qiyamat. When the Nizaris had to to taqiyah they declared qiyamat, when it was again safe to practice islam according to fiq of Ahl ul Bayt they abbondaned qiyamat, somewhere along the line they just stopped praying and fasting and abstaining from drinking and gambling and so on...

Can you cite ONE authentic source that states that an Ismaili Imam has said that >BOOM< a random qiyamat took place? Nothing of this nonsense has taken place in my history, I am sorry to say.

Praying, fasting, and abstaining from drinking and gambling is all a part of the Nizari Ismaili sect of Islam. Many Ismailis fast for Ramadan; generalization is not a way of thought. No Imam has ever guided us not to fast.

Edited by princevisram

I've deleted the post since I do not want to be disrespectful, and there is no need for the picture comparision I did, since the actual facts speak volumes. Comparing how Imam Ali (as) practiced Islam with how your current Imam practices Islam it just has nothing to do with each other, I can't understand it.

Btw. princevisram: Allah keeps reminding us that we need to reflect and should not just follow what our fathers follwed, because we saw our fathers follow it. Please ask yourself whether this religion you've been brought up in is realy Islam!!!

Can you cite ONE authentic source that states that an Ismaili Imam has said that >BOOM< a random qiyamat took place? Nothing of this nonsense has taken place in my history, I am sorry to say.

Praying, fasting, and abstaining from drinking and gambling is all a part of the Nizari Ismaili sect of Islam. Many Ismailis fast for Ramadan; generalization is not a way of thought. No Imam has ever guided us not to fast.

As far as I know (I haven't got a qoute at hand) one of the Nizari Dais proclaimed himself an Imam and declared qiyamat to have begun, that was hundreds of years ago.

I thought he made people break their fast during ramadan (in daytime) to show that the law is over. You get a similar evil theology with the Messianic Khabalist Jews who followed Schabbtai Zvi (look him up).

He made it compulsory on his followers to break to law in order for them to testify to their belief that the law is over!!!

The law is not over and it has not changed since the day Allah (swt) completed our religion (al-Islam).!!!

I take it you've never read much about Alamut, your Imam al-Hasan II, and the qiyamat he declared on the 17th of the month of Ramadan in the year 559/1164? That's when one of the da`is in the name of the hidden Imam declared the Shari`a to be null and void, and indicated it by eating during the day (remember this was the month of Ramadan) and commanded his followers to do likewise. Said da`i claimed he was transmitting a message from the Imam, and that he was thus his khalifa. Later he claimed in fact he was the khalifa of Allah. By the time of his son who succeeded him after he was murdered, Muhammad, the claim was that in fact al-Hasan II (who was the son of Muhammad b. Buzurg-Ummid, not an Imam) was really the Imam himself, as was him son now. That's why your current Agha Khan isn't really descended from the Fatimid Isma`ili Imams. What's interesting though is that his son who succeeded Muhammad, your next "Imam", Jalal ad-Deen Hasan, repudiated all this, cursed his predecessors and enforced observance of Sunni Islam.

I take it you've never read much about Alamut, your Imam al-Hasan II, and the qiyamat he declared on the 17th of the month of Ramadan in the year 559/1164? That's when one of the da`is in the name of the hidden Imam declared the Shari`a to be null and void, and indicated it by eating during the day (remember this was the month of Ramadan) and commanded his followers to do likewise. Said da`i claimed he was transmitting a message from the Imam, and that he was thus his khalifa. Later he claimed in fact he was the khalifa of Allah. By the time of his son who succeeded him after he was murdered, Muhammad, the claim was that in fact al-Hasan II (who was the son of Muhammad b. Buzurg-Ummid, not an Imam) was really the Imam himself, as was him son now. That's why your current Agha Khan isn't really descended from the Fatimid Isma`ili Imams. What's interesting though is that his son who succeeded Muhammad, your next "Imam", Jalal ad-Deen Hasan, repudiated all this, cursed his predecessors and enforced observance of Sunni Islam.

Aww man, you beat me to it !!

Btw. princevisram: Allah keeps reminding us that we need to reflect and should not just follow what our fathers follwed, because we saw our fathers follow it. Please ask yourself whether this religion you've been brought up in is realy Islam!!!

Could I not say the same about you? I mean, theoretically speaking, none of us were around at the time of the Beloved Prophet (pbuh). We must rely on tradition and what we are taught by our parents in order to understand Islam. You wouldn't be practicing Islam the way you do if your parents did not practice it that way and so forth. You would not have known how to pray correctly, when to fast and why, not known about your Imamat and it's history, etc., etc. if you did not learn from those before you.

Islam. Your interpretation differs from mine, thats all.

If I tell you I adhere to the Five Pillars and the Usul-e-Din, am I not practicing Islam?

Thank you for respecting my views though and removing the previous post. I really appreciate it, as in, jazakallah khair for respecting my opinion.

I take it you've never read much about Alamut, your Imam al-Hasan II, and the qiyamat he declared on the 17th of the month of Ramadan in the year 559/1164? That's when one of the da`is in the name of the hidden Imam declared the Shari`a to be null and void, and indicated it by eating during the day (remember this was the month of Ramadan) and commanded his followers to do likewise...

Interesting! Thanks for the information. I am assuming you take intrest in Ismaili Islam, you seem to do much research on it.

This is one topic I have yet to learn thoroughly about. I am not afraid or embarrassed to say "I don't know" because even Hadrat Ali (as) said:

“When asked about something you do not know, do not be ashamed to say you do not know and when you do not know something, do not be embarrassed to learn it. And may you have patience, for patience is faith as the head is to the body; there is no good in a body without it’s head and none in faith without patience.” (pg. 12-13, Living and Dying with Grace: Councils of Hadrat Ali)

As far as I am concerned however, and from what I have learned and have yet to learn, I can try and share my thoughts.

If I am understanding correctly, it is being assumed here that Sharia has been removed from the Ismaili tradition since the time of Alumut, but it certainly has not been. In her Ginan, Imam-Begum says:

ejee gat maa(n)he meelo neeto neet, paheleeye maano shareeyat

tareekat or hakeekat, maarfat me(n) manku(n) maar

tum chet man meraa...........................................7

Meet in the congregation(of Jamaatkhaanaa) everyday. As a first principle believe in the 'Sharia'(aim, principles and doctrines of faith). Then follow the way or the method(Tariqah) and then internalise the inner mysteries(truths)(Haqiqah) as attained on the Path. Attaining the gnosis(Maarifah, ultimate knowledge and certainty) hence, kill or destroy your (lower)mind including it's desires.

This Ginan was composed in the 1800's, at a much later date than the time of Alumat.

If that had nothing to do with the discussion going on, sorry but I have yet to learn about it! :)

Inshallah I hope to learn more about my faith in my future years and as I grow older. I feel I have the background I need at a general scale, but I will need to wait as I get older and learn more and as much as I can. The Ismaili History has been going on since the time of the Prophet (pbuh) (even before in fact), and as it still continues I need to try and keep up with everything which is kind of hard. For the past almost 17 years I have learned quite a bit of Ismaili History, but I still have MUCH to learn as history is still being made as Karim Al Husayni lives his daily life.

May Allah guide us all on His path of Sirat al-Mustaqim in a way He feels is right for us. Ameen.

(wasalam)

EDIT:

If there are any other Ismailis in this forum who know about this time period in our history, please join this conversation. I am still in the process of developing full understanding, and until I have the knowledge and understand that knowledge, I would obviously not want to spread false knowledge. Thanks.

Edited by princevisram

That was probably not at a Jamatkhana but rather at a rented hall. These functions are not allowed to be done at a place of worship. The halls which have been rented are even open to public on these days, where museums, bookstores, arts/culture booths are set up for everyone to enjoy.

Here's what I know:

Dancing is allowed and does go in the hall outside the central space of the jamatkhana, mainly on special occasions. The hall I'm referring to here inside the jamatkhana but not the same as the central space - the central space being where "Holy Du'a" and ginans, etc. are recited (i.e. where official daily jamati ceremonies are conducted).

The dancing below is one such example of a celebratory dance that occurred just outside of or in the hall of the Houston Jamatkhana:

If a jamatkhana isn't big enough to host all those who want to participate in the "celebrations" or "dances" or "festivities", then a banquet hall or similar is rented.

I remember an interview with the Aga Khan where he mentioned that he has never even tasted alcohol in his life and that he has never allowed it for his followers. He also denied ever gambling although he is involved in the horse racing business. Do you have any evidence for your claims? I am not Ismaili, but if you do not could you please edit your post and remove these comments. Thank you.

Aga Khan IV has indeed never drunk alcohol, based on my research - although I believe he has served it during parties at his residence or other social affairs where he's invited non-Muslims (such as British royals or others from the European social scene).

Aga Khan III did drink, however. He drank champagne regularly, and lots of it, according to a 1949 interview. Champagne is a form of wine.

Aga Khan III's son, the father of Aga Khan IV, also drank wine, and was famous for serving it at parties, as well.

It is also true that the Aga Khan wholly owns the Serena Hotels chain through his for-profit "Fund for Economic Development," and that this hotel serves alcohol from many of its locations, including locations in Muslim countries like Pakistan.

Here are a couple links related to Aga Khan III's drinking of champagne:

Link 1 and Related Link

(this is a famous quote from the Aga Khan III after he was discovered drinking wine by a member of the press; it is also mentioned in a book called "Satanic Verses" by Salman Rushdie...note that this book is almost entirely fictional and very offensive to Muslims, but, was correct on this particular point about the Aga Khan III)

Link 2

Link 3 (go to last page of article, where it says he has drank "oceans" of champagne during his life)

I'll bet that even many Nizari Ismailis weren't aware that their 48th Imam regularly drank champagne - except for those Nizari Ismailis who remember this stuff being reported on when the 48th Imam was alive. The line about how 'wine turns to water when it touches my lips' or whatever became pretty famous in western newspapers at the time it was said.

Edited by Ruwayd

(salam)

Its been a while since this issue has risen, and every detail has been also announced in updates in Jamatkhanas. The fact was not about the Aga Khan wanting money, the fact was his murid was being unfaithful. Without permission from the Ismaili Tariqah and Religious Education Board (ITREB), this book was sold in large amounts (i.e. $50.00) and farmans should not be sold at such a high rate (copies of farman books are available for 1 dollar in jamatkhanas if not free). Since it was not confirmed by the ITREB, the Imam did not authorize the sale of these books. The book was sold "undercover" and by unofficial websites. As well as this, the Imam had sent him multiple letters telling him to stop selling the books, and since he disregarded all the letters and continued anyways, the Imam took legal action.

The fact is such that the Imam does not want the Farmans to change by multiple interpretations but wants to maintain them as primary resources <as said by the Imam and on paper>. If others rewrite/edit his works, they would no longer be considerable primary resources...

Peace & Love

Khuda Hafiz

(wasalam)

Don't know why princevisram feels the need to lie to all of you.

Here's the real, unsanitized story:

The seller (a devout Nizari Ismaili from Canada who is well known for his religious passion) wasn't making a profit off the sale of these speeches of the Aga Khan specifically dedicated for Nizari Ismailis (called "farmans" within Nizari Ismailism). The seller was only trying to cover the cost of printing the farmans, and in fact didn't charge anything extra, including for the time it took him to print and distribute the farmans to anyone who was interested in receiving them. In fact, the seller's only desire was to convey the farmans to as many Nizari Ismailis as possible, because he felt that not enough Nizari Ismailis were getting the access to these farmans that they should have already been getting.

Farmans are supposed to represent tafsir of the Qur'an, in modern Nizari Ismaili doctrine. Aga Khan didn't want this tafsir to accidentally get into the hands of non-Ismailis because the content of the farmans could cause his followers to be persecuted in Muslim countries. In essence, the Aga Khan's concern was that the seller might accidentally sell the farmans to a non-Ismaili. Some or many of the farmans contain ideas that are extremely unorthodox (and would be viewed as heretical by regular Muslims) and that are thereby specifically meant for Nizari Ismailis and Nizari Ismailis only;.

So, the Aga Khan warned the devout Nizari Ismaili who was selling these farman books to stop. But, the seller was convinced that it wasn't the Aga Khan making this request but rather traitors of the Imam who didn't want the 'truth' of the farmans to be available to all Nizari Ismailis. This carried on for a while. Finally, the Aga Khan got frustrated enough that he decided to take his own devout follower to Canadian court to get him to stop printing and selling these farmans.

Pretty wacky, I know. But, that's the real story. The name of the seller is Nagib Tajdin, I believe. He also had an accomplice named Alnaz Jiwa.

Did the Present Aga Khan Commit Zina (Twice!)...?

I have done some research and have found that the present Imam of the Nizari Ismailis, Aga Khan IV, has been married twice. In both cases, strangely enough, his wives have divorced him partly due to him committing adultery. Two wives and both accuse him of adultery and then divorce him!

Perhaps he has been influenced by his father. You see, the Aga Khan IV's father had a history of committing adultery (see 1 and 2, for example).

Anyway, here's more info on the Aga Khan's two wives and what happened exactly - with links (please click through and read).

Aga Khan's First Wife - Begum Salimah Aga Khan

Picture available here.

The Aga Khan married his first wife, former British model Sarah ("Sally") Frances Croker-Poole, who assumed the name Begum Salimah Aga Khan, on October 22, 1969 (civil) and October 28, 1969 (religious), at his home (at that time) in Paris, France. The couple were married for 25 years, during which they had three children. Not many years into the marriage, the Aga Khan committed adultery (see third page, in particular).

By 1984, the Aga Khan and Begum Salimah took to separate lives. However, their marriage did not officially end by divorce until eleven years later, in 1995. The Aga Khan agreed to pay £20 million in a divorce settlement.

Aga Khan's Second Wife - Begum Inaara Aga Khan

Picture available here.

The Aga Khan married for the second time with Gabriele zu Leiningen, who assumed the name Begum Inaara Aga Khan, at his walled compound and chateau, Aiglemont, in Gouvieux, France, on May 30, 1998. However, a little over six years later - on October 8, 2004 - an announcement was made that the Aga Khan and Begum Inaara were to seek a divorce. Begum Inaara (just like the Aga Khan's previous wife, Begum Salimah) said the Aga Khan had engaged in an extramarital affair while married. Specifically, Begum Inaara showed how her husband had been involved in an affair with an air hostess. In September 2011, a divorce settlement was reached and Begum Inaara was to receive a settlement amount of £50 million - overturning a lower court ruling of one-fifth of this amount, after the French court overseeing the settlement at the time found the Aga Khan exclusively at fault for adultery. It was revealed in the court that Begum Inaara had hired a private detective to track the Aga Khan's movements with the air hostess. An intra-marriage liaison of the Aga Khan with Beatrice von der Schulenburg, whom the Aga Khan has been close to for five years and whom it is expected the Aga Khan would marry following completion of the divorce with Begum Inaara, was also highlighted by the Begum's lawyers.

Nizari Ismailis are fond of saying that their adulterer Imam is all-knowing and can speak any language. They even believe he can communicate with animals and such stuff. Pretty crazy, but, anyway...

Interestingly, here was the first interview performed with the Aga Khan IV after he became the (allegedly) 49th Imam of the Nizari Ismailis:

http://www.ismaili.n...vue/580502.html

In the interview, I count the phrase "I don't know" being repeated by the Aga Khan for a total of 11 times! Clearly, he seems to have a hard time answering even some basic questions about himself and his woefully misguided community.

A few examples:

Q. And how many [followers of yours] are there altogether?

A. I don't know myself.

Q. One of the most fascinating things about your grandfather was that while he was this great religious leader he also, in the public eye in the Western world, was a man who had a great many pleasures and took them with splendid ease. Are you going to carry on that tradition at all?

A. I don't know. I haven't been Aga Khan long enough to tell. It is only since July, and that is some eight months.

Q. Have you had a feeling in the tour that you have made so far that you are comparatively little-known among your followers. Did your appointment, in other words, occasion surprise among your own community?

A. I don't know. It would be hard for me to find out but I really couldn't answer that question because I am not qualified to answer it. I don't know.

Some of the responses to the questions are rather funny. Regarding languages, despite what many Nizari Ismailis believe, here is what the Aga Khan said in response to a question on what languages he knows:

Q. How many languages in fact do you speak altogether?

A. Two, I think relatively fluently, English and French, and a smattering of Urdu, a smattering of Spanish and a little bit of Italian.

Two languages! Ha! That is pretty shameful for someone who has people invoking his name (instead of Allah) day and night in (Nizari Ismaili) households and jamatkhanas throughout the world.

By the way, the Aga Khan went to Harvard originally to study engineering. However, he flunked engineering (see here and search "engineering") and then switched to majoring in history (regular history - not Islamic history, as there was no degree at Harvard in Islamic history back then and I don't think there is one today, either).

If he couldn't even pass an engineering course, I wonder where Nizari Ismailis come up with their silly claims of the Aga Khan being all-knowing...lol! The guy is obviously a normal, sinful human being - but, that is very sucessfully doing Shaytaan's work as one of the many Dajjals that currently occupy our planet. It is all very unfortunate and may Allah unclothe this preposterous religion of Nizari Ismailism and show it to be the fairy tale that it so clearly is.

The more I read the sicker I feel about these polite liars posing as Shi'ah yet secretly worshipping an elderly, playboy billionaire who is also an adulterer and who's ancestors (also 'Imams') were even worse.

I wouldn't care two hoots, just another con on gullibles, but these people say he has the same Nur and position as Maula Ali (as)?

That's a worse insult than even a Nasibi would dare repeat so I'll repeat about him and those who defend him - Lana'at on you all.

ALI