#1 Awaiting_for_the12th

Awaiting_for_the12th

WF

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 06:27 PM

Salam Alikum brothers and sisters,
I had been depress lately due to personal reasons regarding marriage. Cut things short i had a girl in my eyes and she is sunni but obviously i had been working hard on her and change her views. AlhumdAllah it was working but the problem is that the dad found a guy for him and really wants her to marry him. Anyways i did istikhara and i got this:
Quran 9:72
"Allah has promised to the believing men and the believing women gardens, beneath which rivers flow, to abide in them, and goodly dwellings in gardens of perpetual abode; and best of all is Allah's goodly pleasure; that is the grand achievement."
Can any1 interpret what it means regarding my situation. Appreciate your help
Fi Aman Allah

#2 imamia

imamia
  • Basic Members
  • 46 posts
  • Religion:muslim
  • Interests:reading books, being with my family, being with freinds.

Posted 26 December 2010 - 08:54 PM

Salam Alikum brothers and sisters,
I had been depress lately due to personal reasons regarding marriage. Cut things short i had a girl in my eyes and she is sunni but obviously i had been working hard on her and change her views. AlhumdAllah it was working but the problem is that the dad found a guy for him and really wants her to marry him. Anyways i did istikhara and i got this:
Quran 9:72
"Allah has promised to the believing men and the believing women gardens, beneath which rivers flow, to abide in them, and goodly dwellings in gardens of perpetual abode; and best of all is Allah's goodly pleasure; that is the grand achievement."
Can any1 interpret what it means regarding my situation. Appreciate your help
Fi Aman Allah

salaam. i think it means that you should give it a try you know, talk with your parents about it, and then if you can ask the girl about what she thinks about gtting married with you. and then go o her house and ask her hand, if they accept then alhamdulillah if god forbid they deny then Allah is great my freind, you can find another girl.

#3 yukapuka

yukapuka

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts
  • Religion:Shia

Posted 26 December 2010 - 09:32 PM

how did you do the istikhara?

which method did you use?

also can you describe when you did your Istikhara,
what question did you ask,
and how did you ask the question (these are very important)

there are very strict rules and guidelines which are to be followed, so in order to successfully do the Istikhara and ask your question successfully, you need to had done jurisprudentialy

#4 Cartman

Cartman
  • Basic Members
  • 8 posts
  • Religion:Roman Catholicism
  • Interests:Authority, toilet humor, and making the world a better place

Posted 26 December 2010 - 10:48 PM

Dude, here's what you do: get two pieces of paper of similar size. Write 'go for it' on each one. Fold them up nicely so you can't tell the difference between them. Then, mix them up and choose one of them. If it says 'go for it,' then go for the girl... problem solved?

#5 Awaiting_for_the12th

Awaiting_for_the12th

WF

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:20 AM

Dude, here's what you do: get two pieces of paper of similar size. Write 'go for it' on each one. Fold them up nicely so you can't tell the difference between them. Then, mix them up and choose one of them. If it says 'go for it,' then go for the girl... problem solved?

i will do that after you take a revolver put a bullet in it, spin the cylinder and press it against your head and pull the trigger... good old Russian Roulette.. lol on serious note i looked up the right way to do it and both times the Ayats came from Surah Yunus.

#6 yukapuka

yukapuka

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 01:46 AM

yes but please advise

when you asked the question, how did you ask the question, what was the intention of the question

also when it comes to Istekhara, you should never do it more then once, unless it is for a different question

#7 Awaiting_for_the12th

Awaiting_for_the12th

WF

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 01:58 AM

yes but please advise

when you asked the question, how did you ask the question, what was the intention of the question

also when it comes to Istekhara, you should never do it more then once, unless it is for a different question

thank you brother i really appreciate your effort. First time i did it wrong and the ayat came from the one i quoted originally. then i looked up the procedure but looked at the wrong side of Quran, then finally did it the right way but the ayat some how didnt make sense in my case. anwyas thanks for all i will ask my uncle to do it he is an Islamic teacher

#8 yukapuka

yukapuka

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 02:06 AM

okay no worries

#9 tabiimalik

tabiimalik
  • Banned
  • 43 posts
  • Religion:Islam
  • Interests:Live like ALI(A.S die like HUSSEIN(A.S

Posted 27 December 2010 - 03:24 PM

hmmmmmmmm ok (salam)

#10 takeoutgarbage

takeoutgarbage

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts
  • Religion:you

Posted 02 January 2011 - 05:39 PM

I did an istikhara about whether I should pray salatul lay, it came out negative, so I shouldnt pray it? obviously its not to be used for matters that are utterly obvious, people abuse istikhara so much

pisses me off

#11 zeinabiyya

zeinabiyya

zeinabiyya

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 07:22 PM

I don't understand how you got that aya because it's at the bottom of the left page in the Quran, but anyway the few pages around it all say "la taf'aal" or not good, don't do it. It's in surat altawba. You should buy a Quran with kheera explanations written, that's what I use when I need it, although if you can get a more pious and knowledgeable person to do it for you it's said to be better and more reliable, especially for bigger, more important matters. Istikhara isn't a logical machine, it's more of a prayer, or so I've heard. I don't completely understand it myself.

#12 Bhooka_Bhairiya

Bhooka_Bhairiya

Ayatullah Talibani

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts
  • Religion:EX most hard core usooli

Posted 02 January 2011 - 07:26 PM

I don't understand how you got that aya because it's at the bottom of the left page in the Quran, but anyway the few pages around it all say "la taf'aal" or not good, don't do it. It's in surat altawba. You should buy a Quran with kheera explanations written, that's what I use when I need it, although if you can get a more pious and knowledgeable person to do it for you it's said to be better and more reliable, especially for bigger, more important matters. Istikhara isn't a logical machine, it's more of a prayer, or so I've heard. I don't completely understand it myself.

Read post#80 here:

http://www.shiachat....ms/page__st__75

:)

#13 zeinabiyya

zeinabiyya

zeinabiyya

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 07:48 PM

Read post#80 here:

http://www.shiachat....ms/page__st__75

And this is relevant how?

#14 Bhooka_Bhairiya

Bhooka_Bhairiya

Ayatullah Talibani

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 07:54 PM

And this is relevant how?

#15 zeinabiyya

zeinabiyya

zeinabiyya

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:55 AM

Aha. I see. Well, let's not get into this again on yet another forum because you and I both know we don't agree on issues of ijtihad, taqleed, maraje' and otherwise. You are intentionally misleading the people and have not answered any of the direct questions I have posed you, but let's agree to disagree because I'm sick of making the same points over and over again.

#16 Bhooka_Bhairiya

Bhooka_Bhairiya

Ayatullah Talibani

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:39 AM

Aha. I see. Well, let's not get into this again on yet another forum because you and I both know we don't agree on issues of ijtihad, taqleed, maraje' and otherwise. You are intentionally misleading the people and have not answered any of the direct questions I have posed you, but let's agree to disagree because I'm sick of making the same points over and over again.

Update:

I've answered your questions in the respective threads.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users