Hameedeh

Muharram & Ashura Around The World

Yes thats true...

cry.gif

cry.gif

cry.gif

Roti hai Khudai Hussain par,

ye dunya to ek gosha hai khudai ka,,

Masha Allah,, May Allah increase this truth ...

Jazaak ILLAH sis.. for the pinpoints...

(bismillah)

(salam)

Thank you, brother Faris-Al-Hujjat. I am still hoping that others will give reports or videos from Ashura activities in more places around the world.

Here are two videos from the village of Jaroudiah in Qatif, Saudi Arabia.

(bismillah)

(salam)

Beautiful videos, sister! Thank you. It is interesting to see how different cities or countries commemorate Ashura. Those videos reminded me of similar street scenes I saw of brothers in Bahrain a few years ago. I searched youtube and didn't find what I was looking for, but found a video from Bahrain.

Ashura in Bahrain_ÃÌæÇÁ ÚÇÔæÑÇÁ Ýí ÇáÈÍÑíä

For the Moscow one, I got excited (it made me think that there were Shia among ethnic Russians). But then I clicked the link, and it doesn't sound like they are reciting that noha in Russian. It sounds like Turkish. I am guessing they are from Azerbaijan (either immigrants, or people who moved to Moscow when Azerbaijan and Russia were one country).

Can anybody who knows Turkish confirm this?

(salam)

For the Moscow one, I got excited (it made me think that there were Shia among ethnic Russians). But then I clicked the link, and it doesn't sound like they are reciting that noha in Russian. It sounds like Turkish. I am guessing they are from Azerbaijan (either immigrants, or people who moved to Moscow when Azerbaijan and Russia were one country).

Can anybody who knows Turkish confirm this?

(bismillah)

(salam)

Can you ask bro Tovarish if it is Russian? I was hoping it was Russian!

(salam)

Ashura in Singapore http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCGF3FQpyjg&feature=related

I saw the procession in Thailand. This is something that cannot be done openly in Malaysia..sadly :(

(bismillah)

(salam)

I saw a video on youtube of Malaysians on Ashura, but they show only the projected images and words to recite. No faces were filmed due to obvious trouble for the Shia minority.

Matam Of Ashura In Malay Language 1 (English subtitles)

(bismillah)

(salam)

I saw a video on youtube of Malaysians on Ashura, but they show only the projected images and words to recite. No faces were filmed due to obvious trouble for the Shia minority.

Matam Of Ashura In Malay Language 1 (English subtitles)

Muharram Procession in Glasgow, Scotland. Bet you can't see me there. :Hijabi:

Pics from the following year with a beautiful Urdu noha.

CNN is reporting about Ashura around the world. The newscaster termed ashura as a bloody ritual. They had a female journalist in Nabatieh, Lebanon. The camera is capturing picture of so much blood on the road. The street is rained with blood and men are soaked with blood to their skin.

They captured a video of a father cutting the head of his 2-year-old son. The blood is all over his face and head.

A man fainted and is taken to a camp. They assured the journalist that the man is going back to the street after they revived him.

Ashura in Montreal,Quebec . It's the normal day procession for Ashura .

For arbaeen, we have a night procession .. we walk a certain distance (a specific address) to the mosque .. it usually takes 2 hours . We're about 20 people (we did it yesterday, but i couldn't film anything due to a snow storm..inshaAllah next year)

Edited by Enlightened_x

This was the Ashura commemoration in Auckland, New Zealand. Held at Western Springs Park.

Imam Husain 'lives' everywhere!

Embed didin't seem to work... this is the link:

Edited by hameedeh
Removed unnecessary programming language.

(bismillah)

(salam)

:SIGH: I was watching again this 2006 Ashura in Bahrain video, and wondering if these people are still alive and how many of them are martyrs after the government crackdown on Shias. :cry: Allah SWT bless them all.